We’re also signed up for the piggyback race. Excellent.
我们还应该参加背人竞赛。不错
Soon we started to get a bit distracted by the backdrop.
很快,我们被远方的景色吸引,无法继续前进
Bloody Nora, look at that! What’s that all about
天呐,看!多美的一幅画!
We had to stop and take a moment.
于是三人驻足留连
Look at that. I mean, look at it.
看看,看看
That really is actually a spectacular view. It is.
真是副壮丽的景色
That’s one of the best, actually.That is a film set.
世界之最,和电影画面一样
Those mountains, they must be… I’ve never heard of them, but they’re…
这些山一定是…我从没听说过它们,它们是…
Well, it’s the Andes.
这就是安第斯山脉
What? Could you just take a quick picture and then show it to me?
啥?你们能拍几张照片也让我瞧瞧吗?
It’s easier. Oh, no,my phone’s flat. Hop out.
可以。噢不,我手♥机♥没电了。你爬出来吧
We’ll help you. Even at the best of times,that’s an idiotic expression.
我们帮你。就算是白♥痴♥也不会这么用词
Nobody hops out of a car.
没人从车里爬出来
Jump out. Nobody jumps out of a car,nobody hovers,nobody leaps out.
那就跳出来。也没人跳出车,没人翻下车,没人滚出车
He’s quite grumpy. Nobody pops.
他癫狂了。没人那么做
Back pain does that to people.It does.
背疼后遗症
It puts them in a bad mood. It does.
并发症
Back on the road, I started to think about the football stadium
回到路上,我开始筹划旅程结尾的
we’d have to build at journey’s end.
球场建造方案
Um, I’ve had a thought.
我有个想法
What?
什么想法?
Builders don’t turn up in Porsches or Lotuses or Ford Mustangs.
施工员不会开着保时捷、莲花和野马去砌砖头
At some point, we’re going to have to make our cars
所以我们应该把各自的车改成
a bit more workman-like.
施工车的样子
I get you. OK.
明白
And so, that afternoon,
于是,当天下午
after a wonderful drive on glorious roads, we reached El Calafate.
一路通畅,我们抵达埃尔卡拉法特
Oh, sorry. They’ve wired it up.
抱歉,他们干的
And there we found what we needed.
在那我们开始行动
Looks like a workshop.We can use that.
看起来像个车间。我们能借用一下
We can do work.
开工吧
It doesn’t work.
没用
Er…
呃…
“Largos.”
长螺栓
“Gruesos.”
短螺栓
24 hours later,our modifications were complete.
一天之后,改装完成
At the front, I have mended the alternator belt
我修复了发电机线路
and fitted these stripes so May and Hammond
并贴了两道赛道纹,这样梅和哈蒙德
stop calling me a businessman.
就不会再嘲笑我是生意人了
At the back,I’ve been a little more radical.
车尾部分,我动了大手术
I have converted my 928 into… “an” pick-up truck.
我把这辆928改成了…一辆皮卡
Ooh!
唔!
What on earth is this all for?
这些是什么鬼玩意?
Lights. Well, I had a problem with my lights – I have addressed that.
排灯。昨天车灯困扰我很久,所以我加强了灯组
Why, in such an enormous car,have you fitted
你怎么敢给这么大的车体外
the roll cage on the outside?
再加一层防滚架?
Yeah, the exoskeleton.
没错,这叫外骨骼
Because, well, it leaves more room inside, doesn’t it?
这样内部空间才能充分利用,不是么?
What you’ve done is you’ve made your already very big car
你让已经身形庞大的野马更肥了
even bigger, and you’ve fitted the spoiler… Yep… from the back…
而且你把尾翼…没错…挪到了上面…
Yeah. Still got the spoiler on it.Have you had this in a wind tunnel?
是的。逼格很重要。你做过风洞测试了吗?
Not yet, no.

And then…
重点在这里…
Oh, my word! I know!
哦天啊!怎么样!
It’s the most logical thing in the world, really,
这是最合理的改装
if you think about it.Mustang. Pick-up.
如果你把这两样结合起来,野马,皮卡
Hammond and I had also raised our cars’ ride height,
哈蒙德和我都加高了底盘
which is more than James had done.
但詹姆士却没这个思路
Oh, look, here he comes.
噢,看,他来了
Er…
呃…
Um… What… What HAS he done?
额…他改了啥?
It’s, um…
看起来…
He hasn’t done anything.
啥也没改
We can speed this up in the edit, can’t we?
这部分可以快进,对吧?
We’ll walk slowly and then we can speed this up.
快进时,我们的动作会变慢
Hi, James.
嗨,詹姆士
Right, and back to normal speed now.What have you been doing?
好的,恢复原速。你改了啥?
Well, I’ve largely been having hot and cold baths
我做了个水疗
to ease my aching bones.
来缓解我的背疼
James. Yeah? We’ve made pick-up trucks.
詹姆士。什么?我们都改成了皮卡
You’ve done absolutely nothing.
你什么都没改
How are you going to carry any of the supplies and the tools we need?
这怎么能带上我们要用的工具?
Aha.
啊哈
Aha what?
哈啥?
This is brilliant.
聪明的方案
Oh, I see!
我懂了
What, behind this? Seriously?
拖车?真的?
Behold. Towbar, yeah, I see,so this is your trailer.
连杆,是的,所以你改成了拖车
That’s my trailer.
没错
Right, so we’re all ready,and I’m going to be in front
好的我们都准备好了,那我来当头车
because I have fitted my car with sat nav. Have you?
因为我还装了一套卫星导航。是吗?
None of the dials will work ever again –
电器设备都死透了
it’s a complete electronic mishmash in there.
仪表板下面一团糟
Oh, I see!
噢,明白了!
As we headed out of town,
出镇后
there were a few accidents with James’ trailer.’
我们和詹姆士的拖车发生了几次小意外
This is brilliant.
真爽
Now James has a trailer,we can run into him…
把詹姆士的挂车当靶子撞
Oi. Not funny. Sorry!
喂。一点也不好玩。抱歉!
without damaging his Lotus.
也撞不坏他的莲花
We annoy him,we don’t damage the Lotus. Win-win.
调戏了他,也没造成破坏。双赢
And Hammond’s go.
轮到哈蒙德了
Oh, this is like tennis!
像打网球
Out on the highway,
上了高速公路
I discovered that not all of my mods had worked very well.
我发现没一处改装有用
I haven’t improved the forwards visibility so much,
视野更差了
because there’s a bar across my windscreen.
因为多了一条防撞杆
Yeah, that’s better.
这么看还凑合
My sat nav mod, however,had worked very well,
我的导航模组非常好用
and as a result, I was able to come up with a time-saving plan.’
于是,我又找到一条新捷径
OK, we are here.
我们在这
We’ve got to go here, Ushuaia – southernmost city in the world,
我们要到这里,乌斯怀亚 – 世界最南端
and so on, yeah?
所以
Now, this is the road.Look – it’s tarmac, gravel, tarmac,
这条路包括,柏油,砂石,柏油
gravel, ferry, onto Tierra del Fuego, back into Argentina
砂石,轮渡,登陆火地岛,回到阿根廷
and then all the way to there, yeah?
然后直奔目标,对吧?
Now, I think we’ve already proved the Porsche can handle anything
我认为在巴塔哥尼亚,已经证明保时捷可以应付一切挑战
that Patagonia throws at it. Wait a minute. We haven’t, have we?
等等,是这么回事吗?
I mean, we’ve proven the opposite.It’s here. It fell apart.
我想说情况正好相反。它做到了。它都快散架了
One suspension component failure,that’s it,
就是个悬挂坏了而已
which broke the electrics.
刺破了点线皮
So the suspension and all the electrics failed.
所以悬挂和线路都坏了
One leg broke. And then the alternator belt went.
一个轮子的事儿而已。交流电机线也丢了
Listen, let’s not get bogged down
听着,不要在意这些细节
with whose car’s broken down the most. Now… Cos it’s yours.
谁抛锚的次数最多。就是你的
..since we need to get on with this… OK, yeah.
往下讲…好吧
..all three of us have got here. Yes?
我们仨都到了这。对吧?
Yeah. Yes.

All three of us.And I have a suggestion.
齐装满员。我有个建议
Punta Arenas.
蓬塔阿雷纳斯
No look, honestly it’s brilliant.
这主意不错
You have to use a ferry to get to Tierra del Fuego, OK?
要去火地岛需要乘轮渡,对吧?
Cos it’s an island. Yes. So I’m saying we go here. Punta Arenas.
因为那是个岛。所以我们要去这里。蓬塔阿雷纳斯
Oh, I see.
噢,懂了
Get on a ferry there – it’s further on the boat
乘轮渡去那 – 是条很曲折的航道
and then get to Ushuaia that way.
一路前往乌斯怀亚
Ferry. Ferry. Right. Good.
轮渡。很好,就是它了
With the plan agreed,we soldiered on.
达成一致后,我们启程了
Go to Punta Arenas, catch boat,
去蓬塔阿雷纳斯乘船
arrive Ushuaia, build a stadium,play football, do diplomacy.
抵达乌斯怀亚,建一座球场,踢场球赛,搞搞外交

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!