我会不惜一切代价保护我的孩子
“I will protect them at all costs.”
我是熊妈妈 我会永远 保护我的幼崽 听懂了吗?
“I’m a mama bear and I’ll protect my cubs, you hear me?”
病毒消失之前你们不准开学!”
“You will not open the schools until the virus is gone!”
九个月后⋯
Nine months later…
这些父母又开始大喊大叫
Those same parents were there, screaming on the stoop.
“该死的学校到底什么时候开学?
“When are the goddamn schools opening?”
“You can’t expect me to spend all day with these kids! Who am I, their mom?!”
我不能一整天都和这些 孩子呆在一起!我是谁 他妈吗?
他们应该去上学!”
“They should be in school!”
孩子说:“妈咪 可是外面出现了新变种”
Kids are like, “But, Mommy, there’s a new variant out there.”
“听着 蒂米 总有一天你要接受这个考验
“Listen, Timmy, at some point you’re gonna have to see what you’re made of, okay?”
你的肺只有撑过去 和撑不过去两种结果 知道吗?
“Either your lungs are gonna make it or they ain’t. All right, buddy?”
出去接受考验吧 让我们看看你的真本领
“Now get on out there and see what you’re made of.”
如果辛巴能做到 那你也行 哈库那 马塔塔
“If Simba could do it, so can you. Hakuna matata.”
快去吧 孩子 去吧”
“Go on, buddy. Go on.”
我们都许了愿!
We all wished!
有多少情侣许过愿?
How many couples out there were wishing?
一边摩擦神灯
Rubbing away at that lamp.
一边注视着彼此的眼睛
Looking into each other’s eyes.
“宝贝
Like, “Damn, girl.”
我希望我们可以 整天锁在一个房♥间里
“I wish I could be locked in a room with you all day.”
“Mmm, mmm, mmm!”
我希望有人能把 我们锁起来 然后把钥匙扔掉
“Mmm, girl, I wish they would lock us up and throw away the key.”
我早就想好要对你做什么了”
“The things I would do to you.”
“是吗?你要对我做什么?”
“Oh, yeah? What would you do to me?”
“宝贝 我希望每一分 每一秒我们能看到的都只有彼此
“Girl, I wish they would tell us we could only see each other all day.”
无时无刻”
“All day.”
“Your wish is granted.”
“你的愿望实现了”
很多情侣
Lot of couples
learned a lot during the pandemic.
在疫情期间彻底了解了对方
他们在疫情期间彻底了解了对方
Lot of couples learned a lot during the pandemic.
很多人意识到
Lot of people realized
爱可能是无条件的
that love may be unconditional
但“喜欢”是有时限的
but “like” has a time-limit.
“我真的爱你 宝贝 我只是不确定是不是还喜欢你”
“‘Cause I love you, baby. I just don’t know if I like you anymore.”
一开始都特别有趣 还记得吗? 就像个睡衣派对一样
It all started as so much fun, remember? In the beginning, it was like a sleepover.
“天哪 这太好玩了!”
“Oh my God, this is so much fun!”
然后时间从几周变成了几个月
And then the weeks turned into months.
从几个月又变成了几年
The months turned into years.
甚至有时候 你坐在屋里
And at some point, you’d be sitting in the house
目光呆滞
with a glaze over your eyes
听到另一半
and you’d hear them
在另一个房♥间里咳嗽
coughing on the other side.
你心里想“太好了
And you’d be like, “Yes.”
太好了 上帝啊
“Oh, yes, Jesus.”
主啊 把他带走吧
“Take them now, Lord.”
如果他命该如此 那就顺其天意吧
“If it’s their time, it’s their time.”
主啊 愿祢的旨意被完成
“Let thy will be done, Lord Jesus.”
然后多余的办公空间就是我的了”
“I could use the extra office space.”
你知道
You know
关于我们所处的这个世界 我觉得最悲哀的事就是
one of the things that saddens me the most about the world we live in is that
我们经常没有机会 去消化理解一件事的原因
we oftentimes don’t have the luxury to process the whys.
我们只是知道事情发生了
We know that things happen.
我们也能感觉到事情正在发生
We feel the things happening to us.
但是很多情况下
But oftentimes
我们没有时间 也不会特意抽出时间去思考
we don’t make the time or don’t have the time to process
为什么
the why.
为什么我们总是这么生气?
Why were we so angry?
为什么我们总是内斗?
Why did we fight each other so much?
我们对彼此也没有同理心
We had no compassion for each other.
我们都变成了最糟糕的自己
We were the worst of ourselves.
如果你问我这是为什么 这是因为⋯
And you know, if you ask me, it’s because…
我们太害怕了
we were scared.
作为人类 我们已经习惯了
As humans, we’ve become so comfortable
知道
knowing
以至于我们忘了生活本就是不确定的
that we forget how uncertain life is.
每天都有人告诉我们“我们知道”
We get taught every single day that “we know, we know, we know.”
我们习惯了知道 所以你觉得你永远都会知道
We get comfortable knowing, so you think you’ll always know.
交通会怎么样?你知道
“What’s the traffic gonna be like?” You know.
天气会怎么样?你知道
“What’s the weather gonna be like?” You know. “Oh, it’ll rain on Thursday.”
“哦 周四要下雨啊”
你知道这是多大的魔力吗?
Understand what a magic trick that is?
如果500年前 你有这样的技术
If you had that technology 500 years ago
你说周四下雨 其他人一定会⋯
you’re like, “It’ll rain Thursday,” people will be like…
我们早已习以为常 但是这让我们忘了
We take that for granted, but it’s also made us forget that
生活本就是不确定的
life is uncertain.
疫情让我们知道了这一点
We don’t know. The pandemic showed it.
它向所有人揭露了这一点
It exposed every one of us.
我觉得我们需要抽出时间 思考的一件事就是为什么
And I think the thing we need to take a moment to think about is the why.
为什么我们这么生气?这么沮丧?
Why were we so angry? Why were we so frustrated?
不是因为不能看电影
It wasn’t because of movies
也不是因为不能出门聚会
it wasn’t because we couldn’t go out to parties
不能去逛街 不是因为这些东西
it wasn’t because we couldn’t go to the mall, any of that shit.
是因为我们失去了彼此
It’s because we lost each other.
我失去了你 你失去了我
I lost you. You lost me.
We lost this.
我们失去了这些
你明白吗?
You know?
这才是人们觉得沮丧的真正原因
That’s the real thing people were frustrated about.
而且更糟的是 政♥府♥让我们以为他们知道
And what made it worse was governments made it seem like they knew.
正是这件事让事情变得更糟
I think that’s the thing that made it worse.
他们太自信了
They were so confident
他们让我们以为他们知道
they made it seem like they knew.
他们说只会持续21天
They said it would be 21 days.
Twenty-one days. I will never forget that number.
21天 我永远都不会忘记这个数字
因为我们没有问为什么
‘Cause we didn’t ask why.
不是吗?
Right?
我们听说中国一夜之间 建起了可以容纳一万人的医院
We heard of China building a 10,000-person hospital overnight.
没有人问过为什么
None of us asked, “Why?”
We were just like, “Ah, China.”
我们只是觉得 中国就那样
他们喜欢瞎建东西
“They love building shit.”
我也记得各国领袖是多么的自信
I remember how confident world leaders were as well.
有些人甚至特别自大
Some more cocky than others.
我最喜欢的一个领导人
One of my favorites was
就是英国首相鲍里斯约翰逊
Prime Minister of the UK, Boris Johnson.
没错
Yeah.
他真的很有意思
He was an interesting one.
He went to a hospital
他在疫情期间
去了一家医院
during the pandemic
和在场的人拥抱
and he was hugging people.
他一进医院就开始和别人拥抱
Like, right at the beginning, he was hugging people.
记者们问他:“约翰逊首相
Journalists asked him, “Prime Minister Johnson
你觉得疫情期间 和别人拥抱合适吗?”
do you think it’s appropriate to be hugging people during…”
他说:“首先 大家冷静一下 这不是大流行病
He’s like, “First of all, everyone needs to calm down. This is not a pandemic.”
看我的头发 看起来像有压力吗?你们需要冷静
“Look at my hair. Do I look stressed? Everybody needs to calm down.”
不需要慌张 我可以触摸别人
“Nothing… Everything is fine. I can touch people.”
我们不会封城 一切仍是开放状态
“We’re not shutting down. Everything stays open.”
酒吧不会关门 球赛仍将继续
“The pubs will stay open, the football stays open.”
不好意思 我得走了⋯”
“Excuse me, I have to go…”
He was just gone. He didn’t give a shit. You know?
然后他就走了 什么都不在乎
America’s president, oh, he was even cockier.
美国总统更加自大
Yeah. You see him when he came out? Donald J. Trump?
你们见过特朗普的出场方式吗?
牛逼得不得了
Oh, he had all the swag.
“朋友们 我们会处理好的
He was like, “Folks, we’re gonna have it handled.”
就在21天后
“In 21 days, 21 days.”
“The virus will be gone, 21 days.”
21天后病毒就会消失
有些人甚至说20天就行”
“Some are even saying 20.”
That disease came and kicked Trump and Boris deep in the chest.
结果新冠狠狠地 打了特朗普和约翰逊的脸
他俩都进了ICU 差点就死了 他们能活下来的唯一原因就是
Both men went to the ICU, almost died. Only reason they survived
他们是国家元首 可以喝到绝密神药
is because they’re both heads of state. They gave them that secret juice.
鲍里斯出院的时候 一脸见过上帝的表情
Boris, to his credit, he came out of that hospital like he had seen Jesus.
He came from the hospital, held a press conference
他出院之后立刻开了新闻发布会
宣布立即封城
shut everything down.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!