我以前从没见过用筷子吃饭的。
I’ve never seen chopsticks work before.
筷子能灵活手指。
Chopsticks save the fingers.
把杯子递过来,– 我不喝咖啡,谢谢。
Gimme your cup. – I don’t drink coffee, thank you.
那你喝什么?– 我偏爱冷酪乳。
Well, what do you drink? – I’m partial to cold buttermilk.
好吧,我们啥都没有了,连柠檬水也没有了。
Well, we ain’t got none of that. We ain’t got no lemonade either.
我们来玩一把吧。
Let’s get to the game.
我发牌? — 是的,先生。
My deal? – Yes, sir.
那我的提议呢? — 我在考虑。
What about my proposition? – Thinking on it.
我觉得这是个赚50美元的好办法。
Sounds like a mighty easy way to make $50 to me.
别催我,我在盘算费用。
Don’t crowd me, I’m figuring expenses.
你怎么能一边打牌,一边喝着威士忌,同时还想着做捕手呢?
How you can play cards, drink whisky and think detective at the same time?
如果要和内德·佩珀较量,我觉得至少100美元。
Well, if I have to go up against Ned Pepper, it’ll cost $100, I figure.
而且预付50美元。
And 50 in advance.
你想占我便宜,– 那是我的起步价!
You’re trying to take advantage of me. – They’re my children’s rates!
要把老奈德熏出来可不容易。
It isn’t going to be easy smoking old Ned out.
他会躲在红番区里的。
He’ll be holed up down that Indian Nation.
我不会让你一直喝威士忌的!
Well, I’m not going to keep you in whisky!
这可不行,我离不开它。!
I don’t buy that, I confiscate it!
喝一点可以驱除晚上的寒风!
A touch of it wouldn’t do you any harm against the night air!
这可是正经的好货!
It’s the real article, genuine double-rectified bust-head!
陈年佳酿。
Aged in the keg.
我不会让胡言乱语充昏我的头脑。
I would not put a thief in my mouth to steal my brains.
好吧,小姐姐,我的价格是100美元,就是这个。想成交吗?
Well, sis, my price is $100. There it is. Want to make medicine?
我会考虑你的建议。
I will think about your proposition.
你最好送我去公♥寓♥。
You better walk me over to the boarding house.
你真是个大♥麻♥烦。
You are a lot of trouble.
等我打完这一手。
Wait till I finish this hand.
你猜不透中国人,他就是这样赢你的!
You can’t tell what’s in a Chinaman’s mind. That’s the way he bests you!
我走了。
I go.
嘘!
Scat!
老鼠先生……
Mr. Rat…
我命令你立刻停止偷吃陈李的麦片。
My writ here says you must stop eating Chen Lee’s cornmeal forthwith.
这是老鼠逮捕令,专门针对老鼠的,一样有法制效果的。
It’s a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same.
你看,他根本没注意到我。
See, he doesn’t pay any attention to me.
外面才是开枪的地方!
Outside is the place for shooting!
我在执行公务呢。
I’m serving some papers.
那本来就应该是你该干的活儿!
That was your job in the first place!
你不能给老鼠传送逮捕令的,小姐姐。
You can’t serve papers on a rat, baby sister.
你要么杀了他,要么放过他。
You’ve got to kill him or let him be.
你要把这些都喝光吗?
Are you going to drink all of that?
帕克法官……老气的投机分子!
Judge Parker… Old Carpetbagger!
但他知道他的鼠辈,曾经我们的法庭很好……
But he knows his rats. We had a good court…
...直到那些喋喋不休的律师加入进来,整乱了一切。
…until those pettifogging lawyers moved in.
捕鼠者对那些鼠辈太严苛了!
The ratcatcher’s too tough on the rats!
“给鼠辈一个公平的机会,”他们说。
“Give them rats a fair show,” they say.
他们又给过老柏特什么公道??
What fair show did they give old man Potter?
说吧,好人总是长久不了的。
Tell me that. Finer man never lived.
你这个样子没用。
You’re useless in this condition.
我自己去好了。
I’ll walk over there by myself.
你怕黑嘛? — 不怕!
You scared of the dark? – Never!
如果我有这么大的手♥枪♥,我就不会害怕鬼怪了。
If I had a big horse-pistol like that, I wouldn’t be scared of the booger man.
我才不怕什么狗屁鬼怪呢。
I’m not scared of no booger man.
来颗糖? — 不用了,谢谢。
Sugar? – No thanks.
奶油? — 请吧。
Cream? – Please.
一点点。
Just a dab.
罗斯小姐!
Miss Ross!
我想和你私下谈谈。
I’d like some private words with you.
而您呢,所有男人都会感受到您的甜蜜温馨。
And you I find a sweet distraction, as most men do.
但能失陪一下吗? — 当然可以,拉·布尔弗先生。
Will you excuse us? – Of course, Mr. La Beef.
你要我做什么呢?你又是谁?
What do you want of me? Who are you?
我现在还是无名小卒,但我希望能出人头地。
I’m nobody yet, but I expect to go high.
如何达到呢?
How?
首先,我希望婚姻美满。
To begin with, I expect to marry well.
你的面相看得出。
You have the haircomb for it.
你怎么知道我的名字? — 我昨天看到你妈妈了。
How did you know my name? – I saw your mother yesterday.
你跟她有什么事吗?
What business did you have with her?
至于这一点,你能认出这张照片上的男人吗?
This. Can you identify the man in this picture?
这是切尼的肖像,虽然脸上没有黑点。
That’s a likeness of Chaney, with no black mark on his face.
但这确实就是他。
But that’s him.
我在找他,你也在找他。我知道你父亲的一切。
I’m looking for him, and you are, too. I know all about your father.
你昨晚为啥不给我看这个呢?
Why didn’t you show me this last night?
我一次只能走一步呀。所以上天给了我两只脚。
I only take one step at a time. That’s why I was given two feet.
他的真名是塞隆·切姆斯福德。他在德州的韦科杀了一名参议员。
His real name is Theron Chelmsford. He killed a senator in Waco, Texas.
我追踪他快四个月了。
I’ve been on his trail almost 4 months.
你是执法者吗? — 我是德州巡警的中士。
You’re some kind of law? – I’m a sergeant in the Texas Rangers.
我为已故参议员的家人工作。
I’m working for the family of the late senator.
切姆斯福德,或者说切尼,射杀了参议员家里的一只猎犬。
Chelmsford, or Chaney, shot the senator’s bird dog.
参议员威胁要鞭打他,切尼开枪打死了他。
The senator threatened to whip him, and Chaney shot him.
你不用再为切尼担心了,我打算绞死他。
Don’t worry about Chaney any more. I aim to have him hanged.
警长告诉我你在找一个人去捉拿他。
The sheriff told me you were looking for a man to go after him.
我已经找到一个合适的人了,狂人考伯恩。
I’ve already found one for the job, Rooster Cogburn.
他是最强硬的法警。
He’s the toughest deputy marshal they have.
也许我可以加入你和联邦法警的行列。
Maybe I’ll throw in with you and the federal marshal.
这你得跟他谈谈。– 这可是互利的。
You’ll have to talk to him. – There’s mutual advantage.
他了解这片土地,而我了解切尼。
He knows the land, and I know Chaney.
要活捉他至少需要两个人。
It’s at least a two-man job to take him alive.
我得把他活捉到德州。
I must have him alive down to Texas.
我们不会带他回德州的,我们要把他带到史密斯堡绞死。
We’re not taking him back to Texas. We’ll take him to Fort Smith to hang.
他在哪里处死很重要吗? — 对我来说是。
Is it important where he hangs? – It is to me.
对我来说更是如此!韦科有一位女士对我非常仰慕。
More so to me. There’s a lady in Waco who’d look favourably on me.
在德州绞死他也一样呀。
A hanging in Texas would serve just as well.
不!我必须让切尼为杀死我父亲而付出代价,而不是为了一只猎狗!
No! I want Chaney to pay for killing my father, not for some bird dog!
不会是为了狗!这是为了参议员和你父亲的。
It won’t be for the dog! It’ll be for the senator and your father.
他一定会死的。
He’ll be just as dead.
如果我在4个月内都没抓到切尼的,我不会建议别人怎么去做!
If I couldn’t find Chaney in 4 months, I would not advise others how to do it!
之前我想过要偷吻你一下,
Earlier I thought of stealing a kiss from you,
虽然你很年轻,而且没有啥颜值!
although you are very young and unattractive to boot!
但现在我宁愿用皮带抽晕了你!
But now I’d sooner give you some licks with my belt!
我也同样的感触!
One would be as unpleasant as the other!
你们德克萨斯人对我们太过缺乏了解。
You Texans are ignorant of our ways.
我们不会对虐待妇女和儿童的人手软。
We don’t go easy on men who abuse women and children.
德克萨斯的孩子们懂得如何尊重长辈。
Texan children show more respect for their elders.
德州人只懂得用残忍♥的马刺驾驭他们的坐骑,
还整天整个莴笋样的难看发型!
Texans gouge their horses with brutal spurs and cultivate their hair like lettuce!
你太过分了。
You’ll push that saucy line too far.
你不值得我的尊重。
I have no regard for you,
但我相信你有足够的余钱让你自己多瞎折腾!
but I’m sure you have enough for yourself to go around!
它们都可以出♥售♥的。
They are all for sale.
除了那四匹瘦小点的。
Except those four scrubby ones.
那是谁的马? — 已故弗兰克·罗斯的继承人。
And… who do they belong to? – The heirs of the late Frank Ross.
我就是玛蒂·罗斯,我想把那些小马卖♥♥给你。
I’m Mattie Ross, and I’d like to sell you back those ponies.
那绝无可能的。
That’s out of the question.
我父亲买♥♥它们本来就是为了繁殖,但它们都是骟马。
My father bought them for breeding, but they’re all geldings.
是啊,你无法繁殖阉畜。– 可这不关我的事。
You cannot breed geldings. – That hardly concerns me.
他花100美元买♥♥了四匹小马,如此而已。
He bought four ponies for $100, and there’s an end of it.
我要替爸爸收回被偷马匹的三百元,是在你的马厩里被偷的。
I want $300 for Papa’s saddle horse, stolen from your barn.
去找偷它的人说理呀。– 可它是在你看管的时候被偷的。
Take that up with the man who stole it. – He stole it while it was in your care.
你负有责任。
You are responsible.
我欣赏你的勇气哦,但是…我没有责任。
I admire your sand, but… I’m not liable.
我要告你上法庭。– 悉听尊便。
I will take it to the law. – Do as you think best.
我们倒要看看一个寡妇和三个孩子能否在法庭上得到公平对待。
We’ll see if a widow and three children can get fair treatment in these courts.
你告不到我的,– 达格特律师可不这么认为。
You have no case. – Lawyer Daggett may think otherwise.
你很无礼。– 我不希望这样的,先生。
You are impudent. – I do not wish to be, sir.
但我不会任人摆布。
But I will not be pushed about.
我会去找我的律师的, — 我也一样。
I’ll take it up with my attorney. – And I with mine.
他和我会赚钱,你的律师也会。
He and I will make money, and your lawyer will make money.
而你,拍卖♥♥师先生,将是买♥♥单的那个!
And you, Mr. Auctioneer, will foot the bill!
你真是个讨厌鬼!
You’re a damned nuisance!
这位我十分钟前还没听说过的著名辩护人是谁?
Who is this famous pleader, of whom I was ignorant 10 minutes ago?
你听说过大阿肯色河维克斯堡和海湾公♥司♥吗?
You’ve heard of the Great Arkansas River Vicksburg and Gulf Company?
是的,我和GAV & G做过生意。