-麦汤米 科罗拉多小子 -准备上路了?
– Tommy McLaren. Colorado Kid. – You ready to go?
你带路 我跟随
You lead, I’ II follow.
那是我们的女向导 安妮
There’s my leading lady. Hi, Annie.
-飞行顺利吧? -我的胃还在翻腾呢
– How was your trip? – My stomach’s still up there.
还好我没吃太多
Luckily I passed on the eggs Benedict.
恕我失陪
Excuse me for a minute.
维艾德 认识你是我的荣幸
Ed Viesturs. It’s an honor to meet you.
-范艾略 -幸会
– Elliot Vaughn. – Nice to meet you.
这位仁兄登上埃弗勒斯峰五次
This guy has been up Everest five times.
征服世界14高峰中的12座
He’s climbed 12 of the world ‘s 14 highest peaks.
全都没使用氧气
All without oxygen.
加油 跟你比 我们只是业余的
Rock on. By comparison, all of us are merely amateurs.
-真是荣幸 艾德 -欢迎来到基地营
– It ‘s a real honor, Ed. – Welcome to base camp.
谢谢
Thank you.
“户外运动”杂♥志♥想访问你
Outdoors magazine wants to interview you.
“在高海拔破产”
“Bankruptcy at High Altitude.”
我们到底…
How much can we…
有事吗?
Yes?
我可以去再回来 或者…
I could go and come back, or…
找史奇?
Looking for Skip?

Yeah.
去指挥帐棚找找看
Try the command tent.
谢了
Thanks.
史奇?
Skip?
我是葛彼得
I’m Peter Garrett.
-幸会 -幸会
– Good to meet you. – Good to meet you.
我收到你留言了 你的挑夫真惨
I got your message. Bad luck about your porter.
我有四个人你明天可以见见 你要的补给品没问题
I’ve got four you can meet tomorrow. Supplies you need are no problem.
瑞典婊♥子♥用掉的时间 比我预计的久
The Swedish hooker’s taking longer than I thought.
这里最不缺的就是娱乐 看到范先生飞来了?
There’s no shortage of entertainment. You saw Mr. Vaughn fly in?
你很难不注意到他 在截止日期前登山是怎么回事?
He’s hard to miss. What’s this about his climbing to a deadline?
-他是你朋友? -我妹要跟他一起攻顶
– Friend of yours? – My sister’s climbing with him.
葛安妮
Annie Garrett.
范艾略要为他的 迈捷航♥空♥公♥司♥造势
Vaughn’s got this publicity stunt for his new airline, Majestic Air.
他站在K2峰顶 向头顶掠过的首航♥班♥机招手
He stands on the top of K2 waving as the inaugural flight goes overhead.
真的?
Are you serious?
千真万确
I’m deadly serious.
你妹很安全 没人比麦汤米更了解这些山况了
Your sister’s safe. No one knows these hills better than Tommy McLaren.
他跟范艾略承诺过 我也一样
He told Vaughn they’d get up there. I know I did.
有一百万 我什么都愿意说
I’d have told him anything for $1 million.
他真的付这么多?
Is that what he’s spending?
那只是给汤米的 他整年靠这摊就吃不完了
That’s just for Tom. Bought his company out for the entire season.
我不是生气 看看我要带谁登顶
Not that I’ m pissed off. Look what I get to drag to the top.
56岁肠子并发症的电影制片
56-year-old movie producer with dysfunctional bowel syndrome.
他得了痢疾 好不了的
He’s got the runs, mate. Permanently.
班氏兄弟赌他上不到 一万八千英尺之上
The Bench brothers bet he won’t make it past 18,000.
-你觉得呢? -我?
– What do you think? – What do I think?
看情况 我穷到愿意把他推到裂缝中
It depends. I’ m so broke I might have to shove him in a crevasse myself.
这是莫妮 基地营经理兼医生 莫妮 这是彼得
This is Monique, our base camp manager and medic. Monique, Peter.
我们见过了 你该看看这些
We’ve met. You should look at these.
别理她 她是法裔加拿大人
Don’t mind her. She’s French-Canadian.
有时她是加拿大人 安静有礼
Some days she’s Canadian and can be quite pleasant.
明显的 她今天是法国人
Today, she’s obviously French.
“迈捷航♥空♥”
给我来点西班牙鱼吧?
How about some Spanish mackerel for the bow?
我叫西瑞 我没什么 我只为我自己
My name’s Cyril. I’ m not much, but I’ m all I think about.
小心 他跟狗一样 如果他看到什么…
Watch out for him, he’s like a dog. If he sees something…
就想上 不然就想吃
…he tries to shag it. If he can’t shag it, he tries to eat it.
如果不能吃 他就撒泡尿
If he can’t eat it, he pisses on it.
你很容易分辨我们 我较害羞
It’s easy to tell us apart, because I’ m the shy one.
不、不…小姐
No, no, no, senorita.
拿去 让范艾略请你喝一杯吧
Here you go. Have a drink on Mr. Vaughn.
雷射表演何时开始?
What time’s the laser show?
这玩意开着吗?
Is this thing on?
各位好
Howdy!
大家都听得见吗?
Everyone hear me all right?
听不见!
No!
那你可幸运了
You’re the lucky ones.
欢迎参加世上最高的派对
Welcome to the highest party in the world!
好吧 也许我太夸张了一点
Okay, maybe I did overdo it just a bit.
四年前 我带着 攀登K2的梦想…
Four years ago, I came here with a dream to climb K2.
世上最难攀登的山
The toughest mountain in the world.
你们大部分都知道 那次攀登是以悲剧收场
As most of you know, that attempt ended in tragedy.
星期三 麦汤米将协助我…
On Wednesday, with the help of Tom McLaren…
完成攀登的梦想
…I intend to fulfill that dream.
在过程中 我要以德州方式 处理些事情
And while I’ m at it, take care of some business, Texas style.
格林威治时间九点整
At 0900 hours, Greenwich Mean Time…
迈捷航♥空♥首航♥班♥机将飞越峰顶
…the inaugural flight of Majestic Air will fly over the summit…
我们到时会在顶峰 将向它挥手致意
…and we’ll be there to wave them on!
至于其他的队伍 请注意安全
To the other teams climbing, I’d like to say be safe…
祝好运
…and good luck.
大家轻松点 享用烤肉吧
Kick up your heels and enjoy the barbecue!
天气呢?
What about the weather, Mr. Vaughn?
希望很好 难道你有内线消息?
We hope for the best. You know something we don’t?
天气骤变会令人丧命
The weather closes in and people die up there.
还是你并不担心?
Or don’t you have to worry about that?
不担心的人是呆子
Anybody who doesn’t worry about that is a fool.
布莱恩分♥析♥了 过去四十年的高空气候
Brian Maki did a high-atmosphere analysis of the last 4 decades.
大部分的时间 秋季暴风开始前 有9至12天平静期
Most years there’s a 9-to-12-day lull before the fall storms.
在8月2日 预计有八成二的机率是好天气
On August 2nd, we calculate an 82% chance of fine weather.
挖石油要有这种机率就发了
Give me odds like that in the oil business, I’ d be rich.
谁是领队?
Who’s the leader, Mr. Vaughn?
在山上由谁做 让人存活与否的决定?
Who makes decisions that mean other people live or die?
这么说吧 谁扮上帝?
Who plays God, so to speak?
领队只能有一个 而那永远是最佳好手
There can be only one leader. It’s always the best climber.
我说过 麦汤米就是领队
I’ve made it clear to everyone that Tom McLaren is that man.
连巴基斯坦人都同意 他们在对你鸣炮致意呢
Even the Pakistanis agree. They’re giving you a 21 -gun salute.
好了 大家狂欢吧
Okay, let’s party!
谢了 艾略
Thanks for that, Elliot.
你登山技术跟你的谈话技巧 一样好的话 就没问题了
You climb as good as you talk, we’ll get you there.
认得那个提问题的老家伙吗?
You know that old guy who was asking questions?
魏蒙哥
Montgomery Wick.
记得爸曾提过他吗?
Remember Dad used to talk about him?
他们一起服过役…
They were in the service together…
我当然记得
Of course, I remember.
我很想他 安妮 我想他像…
I miss him, Annie. I miss him just as much as…
我不能谈
I can’t talk about it.
你从来不谈
You never have.
没什么好说的 他死了
There’s nothing to say. He’s gone, Peter.
听着 随便你怎么怪我
Look, you can blame me all you want…
但最后一个栓环是撑不住的
…but that last cam would ‘ve failed.
它撑住我们两个了
It held the two of us.
你想谈?好 我们来谈吧
You want to do this? Okay, fine, let’s do it.
你根本连等都不等
You didn’t give it a chance.
-他知道它撑不住 -他当然不知道
– He knew it wouldn’t hold either. – Of course he didn’t.
我们是他的命
We were his life.
他宁可牺牲自己 也不愿冒险让我们发生危险
He would ‘ve died rather than take a chance anything might happen to us.
我想我们都欠他同样的事
I think we owed him the same.
我做了我认为对的事
But I did what I thought was right.
真是那样 你为何不再登山? 或者去他坟上祭拜?
If you’re so right, why haven’t you climbed? Or been to his grave?
我上去不是为了拍电视节目 我是为了他
I’m not going up there for a TV show. I’m going up there for him.
我要达成他对我的期望
I want to be the person he always wanted me to be.
当我在上面的时候 我感到更靠近他
When I’ m up there, I feel close to him.
我触摸到他的灵魂
I touch his soul.
在上面好好照顾自己
Take care up there.
时间到了
This is it.
真希望你能与我同行
Wish you were going with me.
这回不了 上去小心 德州会感到荣耀的
Not this time. Take care up there. It’ll be a great day for Texas.
还有苏格兰
And Scotland.
“魏玛雅”
看到什么了?
What is it?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!