Well, I had better conduct a very thorough search.
每一块石头 每一粒沙子
Every stone, hell, every grain of sand
都需要在这份问卷中认真地审阅
needs to be looked under for this questionnaire.
迪克 我们需要所有的财务报告
Dick, we’re asking for all financials,
所有的医疗记录 所有的面谈资料
all medical, all interviews,
新闻 著述 所有的法律记录
press, writings, all legal records…
有时人们用有限责任公♥司♥来隐瞒某些钱
Sometimes people use LLCs to hide certain monies.
还有呢
And?
如果要再全面一点的话
Any more comprehensive
我们需要一只橡胶手套
and we would need a rubber glove.
对不起 莉兹
Sorry, Liz.
那不属于冒犯
That wasn’t offensive.
我应该觉得被冒犯吗
Should I be offended?
好吧 我被冒犯了
Well, I’m offended.
戴维不担心我是否会被冒犯
Dave didn’t worry if I’d be offended.
哦 一只橡胶手套 像是直肠检查
Oh, a rubber glove, like a proctology exam.
太恶心了
That’s, that’s disgusting.
你好 哦 你好
Hello? Oh, hello…
爸爸 我要拿走你披萨上的奶酪
Dad, I’m taking the cheese off your pizza.
-亲爱的 -谁
-Honey? -CHENEY: Mmm?
戴维
Dave.
戴维 有什么想法吗
David. Thoughts?
有一个 而且是很有用的
One. A big one.
戴维·阿丁顿 迪克的主要法律顾问
David Addington, Dick’s main legal advisor
是统一执行理论的坚定信仰者
and a huge believer in the unitary executive theory.
他以当面告诉别人
He was known for telling people to their face
他们很蠢而闻名
that they’re stupid.
首先副总统是行政部门的一部分
So the, uh, vice presidency is part of the executive branch.
而且因为副总统享有
And because the VP casts
打破参议院的平局的投票权
tie-breaking votes in the Senate,
所以他也是立法部门的一部分 对吧
also part of the legislative branch, right?
正确的
Right.
那意味着
That means…
副总统不属于
the VP is also
行政或立法机关的一部分
not part of the executive or the legislative.
所以
So,
有人可能会说
one could argue that, uh…
这两个部门都没有权力
neither branch
监督副总统
has oversight of the VP.
不仅有人会证明这一点 我也在努力证明
Not only could one argue that, I’m arguing it.
太棒了 David
That’s brilliant, David.
我明白 对吗
I know. Right?
Karl Rove想让我买♥♥下这个农场
Karl Rove wanted me to buy this ranch,
远离我在耶鲁和哈佛的岁月
distance myself from my years at Yale and Harvard,
让我在选举中更像一个普通人
make me more of a man of the people for the election.
嗯 很明智
Mmm. Smart.
所以我们要这样做吗 我是说这是真的吗
So we gonna do this thing or what? I mean, is this happening?
我们找到了一些非常有趣的候选人
We, uh, have found some very interesting candidates.
如果我们能安排出
Um, if we could schedule
三小时的时间去选出合适人选
a three-hour window to get through…
我是指你 我要你做我的副总裁
I meant you. I want you to be my VP.
-你是解决我问题的最佳人选 -不
-You’re the solution to my problems. -No.
我是一家大公♥司♥的首席执行官
I’m CEO of a large company.
我曾担任过国防部长
I have been, uh, Secretary of Defense.
我担任过参谋长
I have been Chief of Staff.
而副总统主要是个象征性的工作
Uh, the vice presidency is mostly a symbolic job.
对 对
Right, right.
我知道这对你来说不会
I can see how that wouldn’t be, uh…
有什么诱惑
enticing to you.
然而
However…
副总统也是由总统去定义的
the vice presidency is also defined by the president.
如果我们能够有
And if we were to come to a, uh…
不同的理解
…different understanding…
嗯 继续
Uh-huh. Go on.
我听着
I’m listenin’.
我觉得 你是一个有活力的领导者
I sense that, uh, you’re a kinetic leader.
你根据直觉做出决定
You make decisions based on instinct.
我是这样的 人们总是这么说
I am. People always said that.
是的 是的 非常不同
Yeah, yeah. Very different.
非常不同于
Very different from, uh,
你的父亲在这方面的表现
from your father in that regard.
现在 也许我可以
Now, maybe I can, uh,
处理一些比较单调的工作
handle some of the more mundane jobs.
例如监督官僚主义
Overseeing bureaucracy,
管理军队
managing military,
能源 外交政策
uh, energy, uh, foreign policy.
听起来不错
That sounds good.
永远不想成为那种
Never wanna be the kind of team owner
在第四局拉起首发的团队负责人
that, uh, pulls the starter in the fourth inning.
-嗯 -那是经理的工作
-Mm-hmm. -That’s the manager’s job.
还有一件事
One more thing.
我女儿 Mary
My daughter, Mary.
是的 Rove告诉我她喜欢女孩
Right. Rove told me she likes girls.
现在 我知道你必须反对
Now, I know you have to, uh, run against, uh,
在南部和中西部的同性恋婚姻
gay marriage in the South, Midwest, and, uh…
但这是我女儿
But it’s my daughter,
这种界线就像是用混凝土画的一样
and that line is drawn in concrete.
别再说了
Don’t you say another word.
只要你不介意我们推广这些信息
So long as you don’t mind us pushing that messaging,
你对此置身事外我们没有意见
we’re okay with you sittin’ that one out.
我认为这对世界上所有的
I think it’s important for all the…
所有像Mray一样的人都很重要 你明白吗
all the Marys in the world, you know?
没问题 我们达成协议了吗
No problemo. We got a deal?
我相信这是可行的
Then I believe this could work.
太好了
Hot damn!
是啊 很好 嘿
Yeah. Well, good. Hey…
Cheney秘书探望了我和Laura
Secretary Cheney visited me and Laura
到我们在Texas的Crawford的农场
at our ranch in Crawford, Texas…
-干杯 -干杯
-Cheers. -Cheers.
我意识到最好的选择就站在我身边
I realized the best choice was standing by my side.
请欢迎我的朋友
Please welcome my friend
我的竞选伙伴Dick Cheney
and my running mate Dick Cheney…
还有他美丽的妻子Lynne
…and his lovely wife Lynne.
Dick从未填写过
Dick never filled out
他自己的83道题的问卷
his own 83-question questionnaire.
所有的病历从未移交
Full medical records were never handed over.
无税务或公♥司♥备案 没有什么
No tax or corporate filings. Nothing.
Cheney Cheney Cheney
Cheney! Cheney! Cheney!
Cheney Cheney
Cheney! Cheney!
再多联♥系♥一些他的高级助理
To reach more of his senior aides
去找出原因
to find out reasons.
但他来的时候我们已经被告知
But we were told when he came over,
他已经给Bush州长打过电♥话♥了
he had already called Governor Bush,
他祝他一切顺利 而且
he had wished him well, and that
他今晚将在这里发表一个简短的败选声明
he would deliver a brief concession speech here tonight.
我不知道
I don’t know.
我想我们都围坐着
I think we’re all sitting around
不知道怎么了
wondering what it is that, uh,
-他或许在后台 – 他们只是不断地前进
-he may be doing backstage. -They just keep going on and on.
戈尔撤回了他的败选声明
Gore rescinded his concession.
他们声称Florida难分胜负
They’re claiming Florida is too close to call.
他他妈的不能撤回败选声明
He can’t fucking rescind his concession.
他已经做了
He just did.
俄♥国♥人会喜欢这个
The Russians are loving this.
会重新记票 所以
There’s gonna be a recount, so…
我不知道
I don’t know.
我们该怎么办
What should we do?
我们需要表现的像已经赢了一样
We play it like we’ve already won.
这意味着我们需要向安排人员入驻白宫
Which means we need to staff the White House.
好的 谁将领导临时过渡小组
All right. Who’s leading the transition team?
我来做

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!