(本故事取材于实际犯罪档案)
(1969年7月4日 加州 瓦列霍市)
你去哪了? 我从七点等到现在
Where have you been? I’ve been waiting since 7:00.
我去买♥♥烟火 上车吧
Get in. I had to find fireworks.
-让我来开 -快上车 我一整天没吃东西了
-Let me drive. -Get in. I haven’t eaten in 24 hours.
你到底来不来?
Are you coming or not?
(艾德餐馆)
整个下星期在圣雷法第四街 1017号♥的钢索里珠宝店
直到星期五都营业至九点
这里人太多了
It’s too crowded.
你不是很饿吗?
I thought you were starving.
我们去安静一点的地方
Let’s go someplace quiet.
好吧
Okay.
我们来这里干嘛?
What are we doing?
坐着 听听音乐 聊聊天
Sitting. Listening to music. Talking.
你有点怪怪的 你还好吧?
You seem weird. Is everything okay?
没事 很好啊
Yeah, everything’s fine.
七月天耶 干嘛穿这么多?
It’s July. How many shirts are you wearing?
-我会冷 -都美国国♥庆♥日了你还会冷?
-I’m cold. -You’re cold on the Fourth of July?
去死吧!
Fuck off and die!
干嘛?
What?
去死吧?
Fuck off and die?
别糗我
Shut up.
那辆车有在露天戏院吗?
Was that car at the drive-in?
我在艾德餐馆有看到这辆车
I saw that car at Mr. Ed’s.
-要我叫他开走吗? -留在车里
-Do you want me to tell him to leave? -Stay in the car.
-那是你老公吗? -不是
-Was that your husband? -No.
黛玲 那是谁?
Who was that, Darlene?
不要担心
Don’t worry about it.
别叫我不要担心 到底是谁?
Don’t tell me not to worry. Who was it?
没事啦
It’s nothing.
糟了!
Oh, shit.
快走吧
Let’s go.
快走啊 小黛!
Now, D.
证件拿出来
Get your wallet.
老兄 你差点吓死我们
Man, you really creeped us out.
-瓦列霍警局 -我要举报一起双尸命案
-Vallejo Police Department. -I want to report a double murder.
你的姓名 地点
May I have your name and where you are calling.
哥伦布省道往东一英里的停车场
If you go one mile east on Columbus Parkway,a public park,
一辆咖啡色车上有两具尸体
you’ll find kids in a brown car.
他们被九米厘鲁格手♥枪♥射杀
They were shot with a 9mm Luger.
去年那两个小鬼也是我杀的
I also killed those kids last year.
再见
Goodbye.
(四星期后 加州 旧金山)
吐出来
Spit.
快点 儿子
Come on, buddy.
我吞下去了
I swallowed it.
为什么?
Why?
因为是薄荷口味
It was minty.
不可以这样 对身体不好
You can’t do that. It’s not good for you.
午餐盒别忘了
Lunch box.
-为什么不让我搭校车? -因为我们迟到了
-Why am I not going on the bus? -Because we’re late.
听着 晚上你住妈妈和艾伦那里
Okay, you’re staying with your mom and Aaron tonight.
你不喜欢有个新弟弟?
So, you don’t like having a new little brother?
不喜欢
No, not really.
很诚实
Oh, that’s honest.
认真学习
Learn a lot.
片名: 索命黄道带
晚上我会考你喔
There will be a test tonight!
十点以前到曼尼的店 行动要快!
重建街6♥4♥号♥ 在山丘上与86街的交叉口
(旧金山纪事报)
早安
Morning.
-很好 你今天早啊! -早安
-Hi. -Good morning.
-大家早安 -早安
-Morning. -Morning.
慢慢来
提醒你明天是申请截止的期限
第十五届青年摇滚大赛
申请表可以在湾区 各学校和图书馆索取
矮子 今天的咖啡如何?
How’s the coffee today, Shorty?
(咖啡夭寿好喝!)
(编辑)
两分钟后开编辑会议
Editorial in two.
编剧: 詹姆士文德比欧
(旧金山纪事报 请速交编辑部)
-大家早安 -早安
-Good morning, gentlemen. -Good morning. Good morning.
史坦登 告诉浩尔先生 那篇兵役委员会的报导棒呆了
Well, Stanton, tell Mr. Howe the draft board piece was damn near perfect.
葛雷史密斯先生
Mr. Graysmith.
不行 不行
Horrid. Horrid.
尚可接受
Not so horrid.
就用这张尚可接受的吧
Horrid. I’m thinking we go with not so horrid.
保罗 社会版有什么?
Paul, what’s on the crime beat?
洁妮丝在大家脱♥光♥光之前 就离开瑞士小火锅派对
Janice in Datebook left the fondue party before everyone got naked.
的确是个重罪
That’s a crime.
不是盖的 你们见过她吗?
Have you seen her? Wouldn’t kid you.
她会引起一连串犯罪事件
It may be the beginning of a crime wave.
你得看看这个
You need to see this.
去把发行人找来
Go get the publisher.
亲爱的编辑
Dear Editor,
我去年圣诞节在赫曼河
This is the murderer of the two teenagers last Christmas at Lake Herman
和七月四日在瓦列霍附近 谋杀两名青少年
and the girl on the Fourth of July near the golf course in Vallejo.
为了证明我杀了他们
To prove I killed them,
我将举出只有警方和我自己 才知道的细节
I shall state some facts which only I and the police know.
圣诞节 超小口径子弹
Christmas, brand name of ammo, Super-X.
一共射出十枪
Ten shots were fired.
男孩倒在地上 双脚伸直
The boy was on his back with his feet to the car.
女孩…
The girl…
麻烦你接着念
Would you read that, please?
女孩向右倒 双脚朝西
The girl was on her right side, feet to the west.
七月四日 一位女孩穿着花纹套装
Fourth of July. One, girl was wearing patterned slacks.
男孩膝盖也中弹 子弹品牌是韦斯顿
The boy was also shot in the knee. Brand name of ammo was Western.
附上部分的密♥码♥
Here is part of a cipher.
其余的两份密♥码♥
The other two parts of this cipher
分别寄给了<瓦列霍时报>
are being mailed to the editors
以及<旧金山观察家报>的编辑
of the Vallejo Times and S.F. Examiner.
我要你将密♥码♥刊于贵报头版
I want you to print this cipher on the front page of your paper.
密♥码♥将揭露我的身分
In this cipher is my identity.
如果八月一日星期五前没登出
If you do not print this cipher by the afternoon of Fry,
我就会大开杀戒
F-R-Y, First of Aug ’69 I will go on a kill rampage Fry night.
我整个周末会猎杀落单的路人
I will cruise around all weekend killing lone people in the night
直到我凑齐了一打尸体为止
then move on to kill again until I end up with a dozen people over the weekend.
没有属名 只有一个记号♥
It’s unsigned except for a symbol.
看起来像是枪的瞄准器
Is it me, or does that look like a gunsight?
今天就是八月一日 他要我们刊在今天的晚报
Today’s August first. He wants his code in the afternoon edition.
<旧金山观察家报>没种刊登
If the Examiner doesn’t have the balls to run it,
我们就拿到湾区的独家报导
we scoop the Bay.
这家伙扬言要杀害12人
Al, this man is talking about shooting 12 people.
不刊登 他就会犯案
And not running this might make him do that.
刊登了 就会创下危险的先例
If we run it, we might be setting a very dangerous precedent.
拜托 这很有新闻爆点
Oh, come on, now, it’s newsworthy.
那大众又将怎么看待我们报社
Well, giving some sick bastard a soapbox, what does that say to people?
等等 我们知道这谋杀案是真的吗?
Back up. Is this Vallejo story true? Do we know that?
-保罗? -干嘛 要我采访瓦列霍案件吗?
-Paul? -What? I cover crime in Vallejo?
好吧 给我十分钟
Yeah, I cover crime in Vallejo. Ten minutes.
拍下密♥码♥交给旧金山警局
Let’s shoot the code and call SFPD.
假设这是真的 至少原稿在我们手上
If it turns out to be real, at least we’ll have the material.
好吧
All right.
小葛 你不是还有漫画要画?
Graysmith, don’t you have that cartoon to finish?
对喔
Oh, yeah.
我是<旧金山纪事报>记者 保罗艾瑞
Hi, this is Paul Avery from the San Francisco Chronicle.
我有收到信 希望有人协助理清
I’m looking for someone to shed some light on a letter we received.
-谢谢 -穆拉斯警官
-Thank you. -Sergeant Mulanax.
我是<旧金山纪事报>的保罗·艾瑞
Sergeant, Paul Avery from the San Francisco Chronicle.
贵警局是否有未破解的枪击命案
I just wanted to check if you had an unsolved firearm-related homicide
发生于圣诞节或七月四日?
on Christmas and maybe one on July fourth.
妈的 你们也收到了吗?
Shit. You guys got one, too?
有了 瓦列霍警方证实了枪杀案
Confirmed. VPD, they confirmed the shootings.
艾尔打给<观察家报>
Al’s on the phone with the Examiner.
他们收到不同密♥码♥的信
They got the same letter with a different code.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!