I’m never going to see stuff like that.
我注意不到这些细节
Moms see the carrot juice on their daughters’ mouths.
看到女儿嘴边胡萝卜汁的总是妈妈
Moms know when they aren’t dressed right.
发现女儿衣服没穿对的也是妈妈
Moms go shopping with them,
跟女儿一起逛街的是妈妈
And make sure their hair doesn’t look all spazzy.
关心女儿发型的还是妈妈
In one fell swoop, Helena has changed
但一下子 Helena就改变了女儿的人生
This girl’s life from a normal one,
原本过着正常的人生
Where she can be popular and all that,
也许将来会很受欢迎
To the distinct likelihood that she’s going to be introverted.
但现在没有妈妈 可能会变得内向
A poor dresser.
变成那种打扮土气
One of those kids that looks all longingly
可怜兮兮地
At the girls with the new shoes and the right backpack.
盯着别人新鞋和新书包的孩子
Well, at least it’s just carrot juice, right?
幸好这只是胡萝卜汁
I mean, it’s not whiskey or glue.
不是威士忌或胶水
It’s just the beginning, though.
这只是开端
I’m going to be spending every waking
我会用尽每一分钟
Moment trying to reconstruct a normal life.
给孩子重建一个正常的生活
But that little girl in there will always be the girl without a mom.
但无论如何 她都是一个没妈的小孩
“Into my own parade cast your dancing spell my way”
“我在游♥行♥队伍中 说着神奇的咒语”
“I promise to go under it”
“我承诺过要遵守”
“Hey! mr. tambourine man play a song for me”
“嘿! 铃鼓手给我奏了一曲歌♥”
I’m not sleepy and there’s no place I’m going to
“我一点也不困 我无处可去”
Hey! mr. tambourine man play a song for me
“嘿! 铃鼓手给我奏了一曲歌♥”
In the jingle jangle morning I’ll come followin’ you
“我会在叮呤当啷的清晨伴随你”
Yeah? well, the fact that I’m even calling this late
我深夜打电♥话♥ 证明这件事
Means it’s important, doesn’t it?
确实很重要 不对吗
I think so.
我也有同感
What’s your name? I already know, ’cause i… listen, you know what?
请问贵姓 噢 我已经知道了 因为我…听着
Well, I think you know more than you’re letting on. how about that?
我认为你知道的实情比你说的多
Burt?
伯特?
So… hello?
所以…喂?
Burt. damn it!
伯特. 该死的
Burt, what are you doing?
伯特 你在干嘛
Calling everyone she knew.
打电♥话♥给认识她的人
Her old company. her friends.
公♥司♥的旧同事 朋友
At midnight?
大半夜打电♥话♥?
Right. the element of surprise.
是啊 够惊喜的了
Well, can you stop, please?
别打了 好吗
I mean, what kind of goddamned person leaves her daughter?
丢下女儿 什么人能做出这种事来?
I don’t know. maybe not such a strong person. please stop.
我不知道 也许她不够坚强吧 别打了
And you know what the worst of it is?
最糟的还不是这个
There is nothing we can do about it.
而是我们都无能为力
Because she is gone. and this family can’t be fixed. and that is it.
她的离去让这个家支离破碎
And what if one of us freaks out like that?
如果是我们中的一个受到那种伤害呢
We won’t.
我们不会的
It can be fixed. and you know it.
你清楚 这种伤害可以弥补
Thank you.
谢谢
Burt.
伯特.
It’s okay.
没事的
Look at me, please.
看着我 好吗
But really?
真的吗
I mean, what if something happens to one of us and just makes us go crazy?
如果我们之间发生了很严重的事呢
I mean, what if I’m walking by a construction site and something falls,
比如 我经过一道建筑工地
And then my frontal lobe gets chopped off and my personality’s altered
有东西砸到我 然后我割了脑前叶 性情大变
And then I’m not a good dad?
我当不成好爸爸了
What happens then?
那怎么办呢
Well, be careful walking near construction sites.
那你经过建筑工地时就小心一点
What about Munch?
Munch怎么办呢
She’ll be careful walking near construction sites, too.
她经过建筑工地的时候也会注意的
No, really.

I mean, don’t you just look at her and want to give her
我是说 你看着她不会觉得
Everything that she’s ever wanted?
想给她想要的一切吗
It is so incredibly unfair that she can’t…
这对她真是太不公平了…
Yeah, you’re right.
你说的是
It’s unfair that she can’t have a baby
她怀不上孩子确实很可怜
And that bad parents still get to be parents
那些不称职的人居然能当上父母
And good parents die when their daughters are in college.
而称职的父母却在女儿读大学时去世
So what?
可那又怎样
I’m sorry, ‘Rona.
对不起 Rona
Look, all we can do is be good for this one baby.
听着 我们只能尽力让我们的孩子过好
We don’t have control over much else.
有很多事情我们管不了
Will you marry me? At least.
那我们结婚吧
Never.

I will never leave you. Yeah.
我不会离开你的 是啊
I promise.
我保证
No, I know.
我知道 你不会的
You…

You promised never to marry me because you don’t want to get married
你曾说你不会和我结婚 因为你不想
Without your parents there. I get that.
父母不在身边时嫁人 我能理解
You promise never to leave me.
你保证永远不会离开我
Do you promise to never leave this baby that we are having?
你能保证永远不会离开我们的孩子吗
I promise.
我保证
I do.
我能
Do you promise
你能保证
To stop talking about your ability to
在孩子生下来之后 不再
Find or not find my vagina after I give birth?
拿我的阴♥道♥开玩笑了吗
I do.
我能
Do you promise to let me cobble…
你能保证让我在空闲的时间修补
Carve.
是雕刻
…to carve in my spare time,
雕刻吗
And teach our daughter the lore of the great mississippi?
能让我交女儿关于密西西比河的知识吗
I do.
我能
Do you promise never to develop a thing for seahorses?
你能保证不会像海马那样吗
I do.
我能
Good.
很好
Do you promise to let our daughter be fat or skinny
你能保证不在乎女儿的体型吗
Or any weight at all? Because we want her to be happy, no matter what.
因为无论胖瘦 我们都想让她快乐
Being obsessed with weight is just too cliche for our daughter.
我们的女儿没必要为体重担忧
Yes, I do.
我能
Do you promise, when she talks,
你能保证 你会认真
You’ll listen? like, really listen,
倾听她的话语吗 认真的听
Especially when she’s scared?
特别是当她害怕时
And that her fights will be your fights?
你能保证会永远支持她吗
I do.
我能
And do you promise that if I die some embarrassing and boring death
如果我死的很难看的话
That you’re gonna tell our daughter that her father was killed
你要告诉女儿 他的父亲
By Russian soldiers in this intense hand-to-hand combat
为了拯救850名车♥臣♥孤儿
In an attempt to save the lives of 850 chechnyan orphans?
死于与苏军的激烈战斗中
I do.
我会的
Chechnyan orphans. I do.
车♥臣♥孤儿 我会的
I do.
我会的
We had an orange tree.
我们有颗橘子树
Who?

When we were kids.
当我们还是孩子的时候
My dad was really proud of it.
我爸爸为那颗橘子树感到自豪
He planted it one spring,
一年春天 他种下了那颗橘子树
And he used to go out there first thing every morning,
他早上要做的第一件事 就是出去
See if any oranges had grown. But nothing ever grew.
看看橘子长出来没 可是一直都没长
The thing was sickly or something, or the soil wasn’t right.
树可能是有病 也可能是土质不太对
One morning, my mom woke Grace and me up really early,
有一天早上 妈妈很早就把我和格蕾丝叫醒
Like, at 5:00,
大概是5点钟
And she led us out to the tree with
她让我们拿上从杂货店里
These 2 grocery bags filled with oranges,
买♥♥来的两袋水果来到橘子树旁
And pineapples and grapes and melons, for some reason.
袋子里装满了 橘子 菠萝 葡萄和瓜
And we just hung all the fruit from the tree using tape and string.
我们用胶带和线把水果系到树上
It worked, actually.
那居然管用
And then we all ran into the truck and we slouched down
然后我们跑到车里躲起来
And we just waited for my dad to come out.
等着爸爸出来
What did he say?
他怎么说
Well, he stared at it for a full minute,
他盯着树看了一会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!