– Trappist? – Yeah, they’re Catholic. Cistercian.
– 你为什么要去那 – 为什么?可能就是去读些书吧
– Why did you do that? – Why? I’d been doing some reading.
我觉得那很酷,你曾经和修士和修女生活在一起过吗?
Thought it’d be cool. Have you ever spent any time with monks or nuns?
– 没有,我可不想那样 – 没有?
– No. It’s not really my style. – No?
我本来以为他们都是神情肃穆、严厉苛刻的,但是他们不是
Well, I expected them to be all glowering and stern, but they weren’t.
他们很容易就笑,非常好相处
They were quick to laugh,really easy to be around.
真的,他们对一切都不排斥,他们只是…
Seriously, very attuned to everything,they were just…
你懂吗,他们不会打扰任何人
You know, they weren’t trying to hustle anybody.
他们只是想平静的信奉天主、生存,然后死去
They’re trying to live and die in peace with God…
也或者他们信奉的是其他什么他们觉得永恒的东西
…or whatever part of them they feel is eternal.
但是身处其间真的很舒服
It was just so refreshing to be around.
你懂吗,你会发现你遇到的绝大多数人
You realize that most of the people that you meet…
都是想要过的更好
…are trying to get somewhere better.
赚更多的钱啦,赢得更多的尊敬啊,
They’re trying to make more cash,get a little more respect…
让人们崇拜自己啊之类的,太累了!
…have more people admire them.It’s exhausting.
– 没错 – 要是你自己也成为这样的人,真是太累了
– No kidding. – And it’s exhausting to be one yourself.
我是说,我就是这样的,精神上很贪婪
There I am, right, you know,all greedy to be more spiritual.
我想变得更好,懂吗,这是你逃不脱的!
“I want to be a better person,”you know? You can’t escape.
好多年前,我有个男友想做佛教♥徒♥
I had this boyfriend of mine many years ago that wanted to be a Buddhist.
然后他去了亚洲,去瞻仰那里的寺院
So he went to Asia to visit some of those monasteries.
– 是啊,我也想过去那些地方 – 那你应该去,我告诉你为什么
– I’ve thought about doing that too. – Yeah, you should. I’ll tell you why.
啊,他长得很帅,每次他去那些寺院的时候
He was good-looking, and each time he went to one of the monasteries…
都会有僧侣愿意替他口♥交♥
…a monk offered to suck his cock.
真的
True story.
好吧,最后都会变成这样,对吧?
It all comes down to that, doesn’t it?
我是说,这就是为什么我很崇拜你做的事
That’s why I really admire what you’re doing.
– 你知道吗? – 你什么意思,口♥交♥?
– You know? – What do you mean? Sucking cock?
– 啊,不… – 不是?我猜错了?
– No. – No? Wrong answer.
不是,我想说的是,你不是那种超然的人
No, I was gonna say you’re not detached from life.
你做事很有激♥情♥
You’re putting your passion into action.
这个嘛,起码我努力这样做
Well, I’ll try.
你知道吗,我接下来八个小时会在机场
You know something?I’m gonna be on planes…
以及飞机上度过
…and in an airport for the next eight hours….
我很想再看看巴黎
I’d just love to see a little bit more of Paris.
– 我们能出去走走… – 好啊,好啊,我们走吧!
– Would you walk with me? – Yeah.
– 你介意吗? – 怎么会呢,很好啊!
– Do you mind? – That’s great.
– 你想去吗? – 当然!
– Do you want to? – Let’s do that. Yeah.
我们该付多少?四块五…
What do we owe here?Four-fifty?
不用,不用,我有,我有
No, I got it, I got a little per diem going on here.
– 这够付小费的了吗? – 嗯,够了
– This good, for a tip? – Yeah, that’s fine.
– 只多不少! – 这个也留下吧
– That’s more than enough. – Throw that in too.
– 好啦,周围有什么值得逛的吗? – 今天是减价日!
– Is there anywhere to go around here? – It’s sales day today.
– 什么意思? – 今天巴黎什么东西都会减价
– What’s that? – It’s when everything’s “en solde” in Paris.
每年两次
It’s twice a year.
[法语]再见,谢谢
Au revoir!Merci!
[法语]再见
Au revoir!
好啊,那我们去购物吧!
All right, let’s go shopping.
不,不,这主意不好,我不想让你这样
No, no, no. That’s a bad idea.I don’t wanna inflict that on you.
那简直疯了,我们就去那个花♥园♥逛逛吧,那真的不错的
It’s madness. Let’s just go to this garden path. It’s really nice.
好啊,听起来其实比购物要好
All right. That sounds better than shopping, actually.
我是说,我并不是不想陪你做你喜欢的事
Not that I wouldn’t do whatever you wanted.
其实有的时候我也不是需要什么东西
Sometimes I don’t even need to buy anything. I just get high…
我只是想试穿,还有看那些商品,这让我很兴奋
…on trying on and looking at things.
这个嘛,苦修派僧侣会对你说…我们往这边走?
Is this where we’re going?
– 是的! – 苦修派僧侣会对你说这很好
– Yeah. – A therapist will tell you that’s good.
– 真的?你节食过吗? – 没有!
– Really? Are you ever in therapy? – Oh, no.
– 我看起来像在节食吗? – 我只是开玩笑
– Do I seem like I’m in therapy? – I’m kidding.
– 这对你的性障碍有帮助吗? – 我的性障碍?
– Does it help your sex problems? – My sex problems?
– 没有啦,我只是开玩笑 – 比如呢?跟我说实话
– I’m kidding. – Tell me the truth.
– 那天晚上我们不是挺好的? – 不,我是在开玩笑
– We didn’t have any problems. – No, I’m kidding.
– 我们根本就没有做♥爱♥ – 这是个玩笑,对吧?
– We didn’t even have sex. – That’s a joke, right?
不是,我们确实没做♥爱♥!就是这么回事
No, we didn’t.I mean, that was the whole thing.
– 可我们确实做了啊!- 没有,没有,我们没做!
– Of course we did. – No, no, no, we didn’t.
你没有安全套,而我没有安全套从来不做♥爱♥
You didn’t have a condom and I never have sex without one.
尤其是一♥夜♥情♥那种,我是说,我对于自己的健康非常在意,我不可能…
I’m extremely paranoid.There’s no way…
我觉得这太可怕了,你竟然不记得我们之间发生过什么
I find it scary that you don’t remember what happened.
不,听我说
No, listen…
…我从来没写过一整本书,但是我记日记…
…I didn’t write an entire book,but I kept a journal
我在里面记下了整晚发生的事
…and I wrote the whole night in it.
这就是我的意思,你对那夜进行了理想化的加工!
That’s what I meant, you idealizing it in night.
好啦,听我说!我甚至记得我们用过的安全套是什么牌子的
All right, listen, I even remember what brand of condom we used.
好啦,这太恶心啦,我不想听!
That’s disgusting.I don’t wanna hear it.
– 这有什么恶心的… – 没有啦
– That’s not disgusting. – No.
好啦,等我回家,我会查我九四年的日记,不过我知道我是对的!
Okay, when I get home I’ll check my journal from ’94, but I know I’m right.
– 等等… – 怎么了?
– Wait a minute. – What?
– 那是在一个墓地发生的吗? – 不是…
– Was it in the cemetery? – No.
不是的,我们是下午去那个墓地的
No, we went to the cemetery in the afternoon.
应该是在一个公园里,深夜时分
It was in the park, very late at night.
– 在公园里! – 等等…
– In the park? – Wait a minute, wait a minute.
我真不能…我没法…
I can’t… I can’t….
这事这么容易忘记吗?你真的不记得了?在公园里!
Is it that forgettable? You really don’t remember? In the park?
好的,等等,我想你可能是对的…
Okay. Wait a minute,I think you might be right…
行啦,你在和我胡扯是不是
You’re messing with me now.
– 没有 – 你在和我胡扯吗?
– No. – Are you messing with me?
不是的,对不起!我觉得你…我是说,你是对的,这样可以了吧?
Okay. No, I’m sorry. I think… I mean, you’re right, okay?
有时我就是忘事
Sometimes I put things in drawers inside my head and forget about it.
我想有时忘记会让人少些痛苦!
It’s less painful to put things away than live with it.
什么,就是说那夜对你来说是段很难过的回忆罗?
What, so that night was, like,a sad memory for you?
不,我不是针对那一夜
I didn’t mean that night in particular.
我只是说有些事情还是忘了好
I meant certain things are better forgotten.
那夜是我那一整年记的最清楚的一天
I remember that night better than I do entire years.
– 我也是 – 真的吗?
– Me too. – Really?
呃,我觉得我是…
Well, I thought I did.
不过,可能我…可能我忘记那事是因为…
But maybe I… Maybe I put it away because of the fact that…
…我祖母葬礼的那天,就是我们约好再见的那天
…my grandmother’s funeral was the day we were supposed to meet.
对我来说那天挺难熬,不过对你来说大概更糟
It was a tough day for me,but it must’ve been worse for you.
感觉好像不真实,我还记得我看见她的遗体躺在棺材里
It was unreal. I remember looking at her dead body in the coffin…
她曾经总是用她美丽的手抱着我,那么温暖,那么亲切…
…at her beautiful hands, so warm,so sweet, that used to hold me…
但是棺材里的她,和我记忆中的一点都不一样
…but nothing in that coffin resembled what I remembered of her.
所有的温暖都消逝了
All the warmth was gone.
然后我开始哭…我感觉很困惑,不知道
And then I was crying,so confused if I was crying…
我哭是因为不能再见到她了,还是因为不能再见到你了
…because I was never gonna see her again or never gonna see you again….
对不起,我竟然变成这样,这个星期我情绪都有点低落,我不知道…
I’m sorry. I’m sorry to go on like this.I’ve been a little down this week.
– 为什么? – 我不知道,没什么,只是…
– Why? – I don’t know. Nothing bad, just….
可能是因为读了你的书?
Reading your book, maybe?
也不是,不过…想想那个夏天和秋天,我充满了希望
No, but… Thinking of how hopeful I was that summer and fall…
而自从那以后,好像就有点…
…and since then it’s been kind of a….
我也不知道
I don’t know.
回忆本来是非常美好的,只要你能让过去的都过去
Memory is a wonderful thing if you don’t have to deal with the past.
回忆本来是非常美好的,只要你能让过去的都过去
“Memory is wonderful if you don’t have to deal with the past.”
我能把这话贴到我车牌上吗?
Can I put that on a bumper sticker?
你知道吗?要是你写一本关于我们的一♥夜♥情♥的书,这是个不错的书名!
If you wrote a book about our night,that’s a good title.
– 可能会是本完全不同的书 – 是啊,不会涉及色情
– And it could be a total different book. – Yeah, there’d be no sex scenes.
– 不过你知道吗? – 嗯?
– But you know what? – What?
既然现在我们又见面了
Now that we’ve met again…
我们可以改变我们那个十二月十六日的回忆
…we can change our memory of that December 16.
那回忆将不再有是以悲剧结尾了,因为我们又见面了
It no longer has that sad ending of us never seeing each other again.
没错,我想回忆永远可以更改,只要你还活着…
Right. I mean, I guess a memory’s never finished as long as you’re alive.
是啊,我知道,我有一段童年的回忆
Yeah, I know. I have this memory from my childhood…
– 但是我最近意识到,这段回忆其实从未发生过 – 是什么?
– …I realized recently never happened. – What?
这个,当我八♥九♥岁的时候,我妈妈很担心
Well, when I was 8 or 9,my mom was so paranoid…
…怕我上完钢琴课以后,一个人走回家会出事…
…when I was walking home from my piano lesson at night…
…她总是让我当心色迷迷的的老头给我糖果…
…she’d warn me about dirty old men giving me candies…
…然后给我看他们的鸡鸡
…and then showing me their pee-pees.
她总是这么说,然后后来,你懂吗,我…
She was so obsessed with it that,later in life, you know…
…我头脑中就真的觉得这曾经发生过!
…I had this image in my head that this really happened.
我甚至把做♥爱♥和回家联♥系♥到一起了
To the point that I even associated sex with that walk home.
我是说,有时候,甚至是现在,当我…
I mean, and sometimes,even now, when I’m….
当我做♥爱♥的时候,我都好像看见我自己在那街上走
When I’m having sex, I see myself walking down that street.
我发誓!非常奇怪,对吧?
I swear. It’s so weird, right?
– 呃,那条街离这近吗?我是说,能… – 不行

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!