I think we could have something ready for you in the morning.
我们可在明早交货
Didn’t I tell you this was a lovely place?
我不是说过这儿很好吗?
What is this place, anyway?
这儿是什么地方?
You wanted to sit down. It’s the public library.
你得坐下 这儿是公共图书馆
You’ve never been here? No. That makes two for me.
你没来过这? 没 我的第二个新尝试
I don’t see any books.
我看不见书
They’re in there.
在那儿
See?
看见了吗?
Each one of these drawers is stuffed with little cards.
每个抽屉都放满小卡片
Each little card is a book or an author.
每张卡片写上书名或作者名字
I think that’s fascinating.
真神奇
V-A-R-J-A-K.
瓦约克
Really?
真的吗?
Look. Isn’t it marvellous?
看 真厉害
There you are, right in the public library.
找到你了 在公共图书馆里
Varjak, Paul. Nine Lives.
保罗·瓦约克 [九条生命]
Then a lot of numbers.
还有很多数字
Do they really have the book itself, live?
这儿真的有那本书吗?
Sure. Follow me.
当然 跟我来
Number 57. That’s us.
57号♥ 是我们
57, please.
57号♥ 谢谢
Nine Lives by Varjak, Paul.
保罗·瓦约克的[九条生命]
Have you read it? It’s marvellous.
你有看过吗? 很精彩的
I’m afraid I haven’t. You should. He wrote it.
没有看过 你该看看 是他写的
He’s Varjak, Paul, in person.
他就是保罗·瓦约克本人
She doesn’t believe me.
她不相信我
Show her your driver’s licence
给她看你的驾照
or Diner’s Club Card or something.
或信♥用♥卡♥等
He is the author. Cross my heart and kiss my elbow.
他就是作者 我向天发誓
Would you kindly lower your voice?
你可以小声一点吗?
Autograph it.
来签个名
Wouldn’t that be nice? Make it more personal?
这不是很好吗? 更有真实感
Really, Miss…
小姐…
Go ahead. Don’t be so stuck up, autograph it.
签吧 别犹豫了 签吧
What shall I say?
好的 我该写上什么?
Something sentimental, I think.
感性的字句
What are you doing? Stop that!
感性的字句? 你在干嘛? 住手!
You’re defacing public property.
你在破坏公物
Well, if that’s how you feel.
好的 若你这么认为
Come on. Let’s get out of here.
弗瑞德 我们走吧
I don’t think this place is half as nice as Tiffany’s.
这儿的人 都没蒂凡尼的人一半友善
Did you ever steal anything from a 5-and-10
你曾在店里偷过东西吗?
when you were a kid?
当你还是孩子的时候?
No. I’m the sensitive bookish type. Did you?
没有 我是感性的书呆子 你呢?
I used to. I still do now and then, to keep my hand in.
我有过 而且现在偶尔还有偷东西
Come on.
来吧
You’ve never done it, and it’s your turn.
你没偷过 现在由你试试 别畏首畏尾
I can’t see.
我看不见东西
Hi, cat. Lady of the house at home?
猫咪 你好 女主人在吗?
Trick or treat?
不听话就受罚哦
You’re crazy. You know that, don’t you?
你疯了? 你知道的
But I love you anyway.
但我也爱你
Tooley. Yeah?
涂蕾 怎么了?
I’ve…got to talk to you.
我有话和你说
All right.
好的
You want a drink?
你想喝点什么?
If this is a serious discussion,
若有重要事要谈
and suddenly I’m terribly afraid it is,
我突然很害怕是
you’ll have to take off that ridiculous mask,
你先脱掉那滑稽的面具
or I’ll have to wear one, too.
否则我也戴上面具
Tooley, look, please.
求求你
What’s the matter?
怎么了?
Girl trouble?
为女孩而烦恼?
Is that it?
亲爱的 是这事吗?
Oh, I see.
我明白了
Well, that’s not so serious.
这不是什么严重的事
As a matter of fact, I’ve been expecting it.
事实上 我也有预感
I can’t say I like it, but I’ve been expecting it.
我不能说喜欢发生这事 但我有心理准备
Who is she?
她是谁?
Hasn’t got anything to do with her.
此事跟她无关
This is between you and me.
这是我和你之间的事
Then it is serious.
那就严重了
Well, now.
现在…
Tooley, you’re a very stylish girl.
你是个时髦的女孩
Can’t we end this stylishly?
我们可否好好了结这事?
End it?
了结?
Yes.

I do believe love has found Andy Hardy.
我相信安迪找到了爱
Let’s see…a waitress?
让我猜猜…是女侍应?
A salesgirl?
售货员?
No. She’d have to be rich, wouldn’t she, Paul?
不 她该是富家女 对吗?
Someone who could help you.
一个能帮助你的人
Curiously enough…
奇怪的是…
She’s a girl who can’t help anyone, not even herself.
她不能帮助我 更帮不了自己
But I can help her, and it’s a nice feeling for a change.
我可以帮助她 我感觉很不错
All right.
好的
I understand.
我明白了
I’ll tell you what, Paul.
我来告诉你 保罗
I am a very stylish girl.
我是个时髦女孩
What are you doing? Writing a cheque.
你在干什么? 写支票
Don’t look so bewildered.
别一副惊讶的样子
Surely you’ve noticed me writing cheques before.
以前你也见过我写支票
Pay to the order of Paul Varjak, $1,000.
给保罗·瓦约克一千元
Take her away somewhere for a week.
带她出去度假一周
You’re entitled to a vacation with pay.
根据劳工法例你可享有带薪假期
Simply a matter of fair labour practice, darling.
这样你就可得到一切福利
If you were really smart,
你真聪明的话
you’d get the boys together and organise a union.
你可以集结男生成立工会
That way you’d get all the fringe benefits –
这样你就可得到一切福利
hospitalisation, a pension plan
例如医疗福利 退休计划
and unemployment insurance when you’re…
失业保险…
how shall I put it…
我该怎么说? 当你找不到新对象时
between engagements?
你可享有失业保险
Thanks for making it easier for me.
谢谢你使我不用那么内疚
Don’t be ridiculous, darling.
别傻了 亲爱的
Take the cheque.
拿支票后
And call your girl.
找那女孩
No, thanks. I’ve got a cheque of my own.
不 谢谢 我有自己的支票
When you get yourself a new writer to help,
当你找下个新作家帮忙时
try and find one my size.
你该找一个跟我同样高大的人
That way you won’t have to even shorten the sleeves.
这样你就不用浪费这一柜子的衣服了
Oh! What are you doing? Excuse me…I’m sorry.
你在干什么? 抱歉…对不起
You look just like a girl I know named Holly.
你跟我认识的女孩很相似
Really!
真的吗
I’m sorry.
对不起
Hi.
你好
What do you want?
你想怎样?
I want to talk to you.
我想跟你谈谈
I’m busy.
我很忙
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
Reading.
看书
“South America: Land of Wealth and Promise”?
“南美洲 富裕之境”
It’s very interesting.
真有趣
Let’s get out of here.
离开这儿吧
I said let’s get out of here. I want to talk to you.
我说离开这儿 我有话跟你说
What’s the matter with you? What’s happened?
你怎么了? 发生何事
Fred, will you please just leave me alone?
弗瑞德 求你别烦着我
I love you.
赫丽 我爱你
Where are you going? To the ladies’ room.
你去哪儿? 去女厕
What’s the matter with you? Let me go.
你怎么了? 弗瑞德 放开我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!