No. Fred, let me go.
不 弗瑞德 让我走
Let’s get something straight.
我们先弄清楚一件事
I am not Fred, nor am I Benny Shacklett.
我从来不是弗瑞德 也不是班尼·夏克利特
My name is Paul, Paul Varjak, and I love you.
我是保罗·瓦约克 而且我爱你
Let me go. No. What about South America?
放开我 南美洲有何特别?
If I’m marrying a South American,
若我嫁给南美人
I’d better find out about the country.
我就得先熟悉那儿
Marry? What South American? Jose.
嫁给南美人? 荷西
Who’s Jose? Jose de Silva Pereira.
谁是荷西? 荷西·佩雷拉
Who’s Jose de Silva Pereira?
他是谁?
You met him, Mag Wildwood’s friend.
你见过他的 梅格的朋友
The good-looking one who came with Rusty.
跟拉斯蒂同来的高大英俊男士
Well, you won’t believe this
你不会相信
not only is he handsome and rich,
他不但英俊而且很富有
he’s absolutely cuckoo for me.
他绝对是适合人选
You’re crazy. You think you own me?
你疯了 你以为我属于你?
That’s it exactly.
我正是这么想
That’s what everybody always thinks, but they’re wrong.
其他人也这么想 但他们错了
Look, I am not everybody.
我不是其他人
Or am I?
我是吗?
Is that what you really think?
你真的这么想吗?
That I’m no different from all your rats and super rats?
我跟小人 超级小人没有区别吗?
Wait a minute.
等等
If that’s it…
若是这样…
If that’s what you really think…
若你是这样想的…
there’s something I want to give you.
我有些东西给你
What’s that?
什么?
$50 for the powder room.
五十元去女厕的费用
The place is in such a mess, I couldn’t face it alone.
我不想叫你进来 但我不能独自面对乱局
Ah, you have a message. No.
你有口讯 不
Ole.
行了
Good evening, Mr Yunioshi.
晚安 雄志
Oh, good evening, Paul.
晚安 保罗
Good evening.
晚安
Good evening.
晚安
Please, you must help me.
你定要帮助我
Let me go. No!
放开我 不!
No! No!
不! 不!
What did you do to her? Nothing.
你对她干了什么? 没什么
There was a telegram, and then this…
看了电报后她就这样…
crashing everything, and acting crazy.
乱扔乱砸 像是发疯了似的
It’s appalling.
太恐怖了
I can’t have a public scandal. It’s too delicate.
我不能成为公众丑闻 绝对不可以的
My name, my position, my family.
我要顾及自己和家人的声誉
Will there be the police again?
警♥察♥会来吗?
I don’t see why. There’s no law against wrecking your apartment.
不会 没有法律禁止人们在家中发脾气
Where is the telegram? There it is.
电报在哪? 在那
“Received notice young Fred killed…
“获悉弗瑞德在堪萨斯州莱利堡…
“in jeep accident, Fort Riley, Kansas.
“交通意外中身亡”
“Your husband and children join in the sorrow of our mutual loss.
“你丈夫和孩子均深感遗憾”
“Letter following. Love, Doc.”
“爱你的医生”
Her brother Fred.
是她的弟弟弗瑞德 原来如此
This brother, was she very close to him?
她和弟弟很亲密吗?
Yeah.

What can one do?
我该怎么办?
Try to help her.
帮助她
I tried. It didn’t do much good.
我曾尝试 但没什么用
You got a ranch or something in Brazil?
你在巴西有牧场?
Yes.

That’s good. She’ll like that.
很好 她喜欢牧场
Well, you better get in there.
你最好进去
Hi. Hello. Got your wire.
你好 你好 收到你的电报
How did you know where to reach me?
怎么找到我的?
I tried everything, called people, asked around,
我用尽各种办法 四处打听
then suddenly thought of the phone book. I’m glad you came.
突然想起查电♥话♥簿 无论如何 很高兴你来了
You look fine.
你看来不错
I’m fat as a pig, and I haven’t had my hair done,
我胖的像猪一样 很久没整理发型了
but I’m happy, really happy, it probably shows.
但我很快乐 真的很快乐 看得出
You look tres distingue yourself.
你容光焕发
I’ve got a job. I’ve been writing a little.
我接了份单子 近日一直在写作
I’ve read three of your stories…
我看了你三篇文章…
two in the New Yorker and one in that funny little magazine.
两篇刊在[纽约人] 一篇在杂♥志♥内
Won’t you sit down? Thank you.
坐下来好吗? 谢谢
I’ve taken up knitting. So I see.
我在学编织 看出来了
It’ll probably look very nice once it’s finished.
完成后相信会很好看
I’m nervous about it.
实际上我有点紧张
Jose brought up the blueprints for a ranch house.
荷西带来新牧场的蓝图
Maybe those and my knitting instructions got switched.
我将蓝图和编织指示图混淆了
It’s possible I’m knitting a ranch house!
我可能编织出一个牧场
Really, I can’t tell you how divinely happy I am.
我不知怎么告诉你我有多快乐
What is that, anyhow?
那是什么?
Portuguese…a very complicated language.
葡萄牙语…复杂的语言
4,000 irregular verbs.
四千个不规则动词
Very impressive. What’s it mean?
太强了 是什么意思?
I believe you are in league with the butcher.
我相信你跟屠夫在一起
Holly, what’s this about?
赫丽 怎么了?
Why did you want to see me?
你为何想见我?
Jose’s in Washington tonight, so I thought I’d ask you over.
荷西在华盛顿 我想应该叫你过来
Well, I’ve said goodbye to everyone else I care about.
我已经和其他关心我的人道过别了
You’re going somewhere? Rio, tomorrow.
你要去哪? 明天我要去里约
I’ve got the plane ticket, and I’ve even said goodbye to Sally.
我拿到了机票 甚至也和沙里告别了
Jose’s flying with you? We’re on separate planes.
荷西跟你一起去? 我们乘坐不同班机
He thinks it’s wrong to travel together.
他认为一起去不太好
His family’s important, so he worries about things like that.
他的家族很保守 所以他介怀
I thought I’d show off and cook dinner for us.
我想我得露一手了
Did I tell you how utterly happy I am?
我有告诉你我很快乐吗?
Yes.

You are getting married, then?
接着你们会结婚?
Well, he hasn’t really asked me, not in so many words.
他还没向我求婚 没说那些字
Four, you mean?
你是指那四个字吗
Well, that’s how many words it takes.
这有多难启齿
“Will you marry me?”
请嫁给我
We’ll get married, all right.
我知道我们会结婚
In church and with his family there,
在教堂举♥行♥ 他的家人都来参加
and that’s why he’s waiting till we get to Rio…probably.
所以他等到我们到了里约才说
Do you think it’s trying to tell us something?
它像是想告诉我们一些东西
I hope you like chicken and rice with chocolate sauce.
希望你喜欢咖喱鸡饭
It’s an Indian classic, dear.
这是东印度传统
Three months ago, I couldn’t scramble eggs.
三个月前我还不懂打蛋
Are you all right?
你还好吗?
Golly, darling. I did so want to impress you.
我想你对我另眼相看
Look, I’m not much for chicken with sauce, anyway.
反正我也不太喜欢有汁的鸡
Why don’t we go out somewhere for a farewell dinner?
我请你吃饭饯行吧
That would be fun, as long as I can go like this.
这会很有趣 只要我穿成这样
Years from now, years and years, I’ll be back…
过了数年后我会回来…
me and my nine Brazilian brats.
我带着九个巴西小子
They’ll be dark like Jose, of course,
他们会象荷西般黝黑
but they’ll have bright green, beautiful eyes.
但他们会有漂亮的碧眼
I’ll bring them back, all right,
我会带他们回来
because they must see this.
因为他们定要看看这儿
Oh, I love New York.
我爱纽约
Then why are you leaving? What’s in it for you, anyway?
那么你为何离开? 你怎么想的?
I know what you’re thinking. I don’t blame you.
我知道你在想什么 我不能怪你
I’ve always thrown out such a jazzy line,
我说话一向华而不实
but except for Doc and yourself, Jose’s my first non-rat romance.
除了医生和你 荷西是我首次真正的恋爱
Not that he’s my idea of the absolute finito.
他不可算是我完美的如意郎君
He’s too prim and cautious to be my absolute ideal.
他太一本正经和谨慎了
If I could choose from anybody, I wouldn’t pick Jose.
若我可选择任何人我不会选荷西
Nero, maybe, or Albert Schweitzer.
尼赫鲁 或许史怀哲
Or Leonard Bernstein.
或许伯恩斯坦

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!