克拉舍戴维斯吗 我是乔瑞金斯
Crash Davis? I’m Joe Riggins.
而你 拉里霍克特 你应该认识我…
And you, Larry Hockett, should recognize me…
因为五年前在德州联盟赛中…
’cause five years ago in the Texas League…
你担任埃尔帕索队的投手 而我为什里夫波特队效力
you were pitching for El Paso, I was hitting cleanup for Shreveport.
第三节的关键时刻 你投了个曲球
You hung a curveball on an 0-2 pitch in a 3-2 game…
结果球路被我看破
in the bottom of the eighth, and I tattooed it…
我将球高高的击出了场外
over the Michelin Tire sign, beat you 4-3.
我记得 我该投滑球的
I remember. I should have thrown a slider.
克拉舍 最近还好吗
Damn, Crash, how ya doin?
我已经太老了
I’m too old for this shit.
为什么还要召我回来比赛
Why in the hell am I back in A ball?
因为艾比卡尔文拉路什
‘Cause of Ebby Calvin LaLoosh.
球团很看重他
Big club’s got a hundred grand in him.
他有着价值百万的金手臂 但可惜没什么头脑
He’s got a million-dollar arm with a five-cent head.
看看他今晚的表现吧
Had a gun on him tonight.
最后五球的球速 居然超过了最先的五球
Last five pitches he threw were faster than the first five.
他有着我三十年来 所见最棒的手臂
He’s got the best young arm I’ve seen in 30 years.
你已经到周围看过了
You’ve been around.
你够聪明 也够专业
You’re smart. You’re a professional.
我们想要你使这孩子成熟起来
We want you to mature the kid.
我们想要你指引他上路
We want you to room with him on the road.
只需要带他一年 他就完全独♥立♥了
Stay on his case all year. He can go all the way.
是吗 那我♥干♥些什么
Yeah? Where can I go?
你会继续在球场上打球
You can keep going to the ballpark
我们会因此而付你钱
keep getting paid to do it.
给那些无聊的百货公♥司♥ 上班族打些好球看看
Beats the hell out of working at Sears.
该死的百货公♥司♥ 我也干过那种活
Sears sucks. I once worked there. Sold Lady Kenmores.
真是令人厌恶的工作
Nasty work.
此外既然这是加州联盟…
Even if it is the Carolina League…
你还有机会每天都打球
this is a chance to play every day.
你要的不是球员 你只想要训马师
You don’t want a player. You want a stable pony.
不是的
No.
要是我签下这三年合约
My triple A contract gets bought out…
只是为了围着那家伙转
so I can hold the flavor of the month’s dick.
难道不是吗 去他妈的比赛吧
Is that it? Fuck this fucking game!
我不干 好吗
I fuckin’ quit, all right?
明天的对手是谁
Who we play tomorrow?
温斯顿赛伦队 练习赛 11:30开始
Winston-Salem. Batting practice, 11:30.
赢得了职业联赛的第一场胜利 你有何感想
How’s it feel to get your first professional win?
这感觉很轻松 我的目标是大联盟
It feels out there. It’s a major rush.
这其实也不是完全很轻松 但就是很轻松
It doesn’t just feel out there, it feels out there.
就像是从管道里被激发出来
Kind of radical in a kind of tubular way.
但总的来说就是很轻松
But most of all, it’s out there.
无可救药 根本是无可救药
This is hopeless. This is utterly, fucking hopeless.
嘿 我是米莉
Hey, I’m Millie.
我叫托尼 是二垒手
I’m Tony. I play second base.
我知道
I know.
为什么每年都回来
How do you just keep coming back every year?
因为我爱这运动 安妮 我爱它
‘Cause I love the game, Annie. I love it.
-给你们 -我们并没有点这些
-Here you go. -We didn’t order these.
-是他点的 -谁
-He did. -Who?
角落里那家伙
The guy in the booth.
那是谁
Who’s that?
那是克拉舍戴维斯 嗨 克拉舍 过来
That’s Crash Davis. Hey, Crash, come here.
快过来
Get over here.
他看来很可爱
He’s kinda cute.
他打过的球赛比我看过的还多
He’s played in more ballparks than I have.
是个厉害的家伙
Hell of a guy.
完全的与众不同
He’s really different.
我曾看见他在读全是文字的书
I actually saw him read a book without pictures once.
-你好 麦克斯 -你好吗
-Hi, Max. -How you doing?
快过来坐下
Come over and sit down.
我是克拉舍
I’m Crash.
安妮苏文 想跳舞吗
Annie Savoy. Wanna dance?
我不会跳
I don’t dance.
真扫兴
How embarrassing.
快瞧啊
What is that?
他这是和谁在跳啊
Who’s he dancing with?
我想是所有人
All of them, I think.
你是安妮苏文吗
You Annie Savoy?
谢谢你的提醒 你说的对 我是没有弯背
Thanks for your note. You’re right. I wasn’t bending my back.
你表现的很不错
You have a live arm there.
谢谢
Thanks.
艾比卡尔文拉路什
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh.
你需要起个绰号♥ 亲爱的
You need a nickname, honey.
我和谁都这么说
I’ve been telling everybody that.
-想跳舞吗 -好啊
-You wanna dance? -Yeah.
她正准备和我跳呢
She’s dancing with me.
恐怕不行 朋友
‘Fraid not, pal.
你们想要为争我打架吗
You boys gonna fight over little ol’ me?
-算了 -过来
-No. -Let’s go.
有种到外面去好好谈谈
Step outside and party, man.
别那么无聊
Don’t be such guys.
麦克斯 我们来跳
Max, let’s dance.
到底来不来 软脚虾
You comin’ or not, homeboy?
来啊 过来 我们等了好一会了
Let’s go. Come on. We’re waitin’.
-出来啊 懦夫 -行了 艾比 他来了
-Let’s go, homeboy. -Come on, Ebby. There he is.
我不信打架能解决问题 让我们…
I don’t believe in fighting. Let’s just…
说的多动听啊 去死吧 娘娘腔
That’s really sweet. Fuck you, you pussy.
好 那么放马过来吧
All right. Take the first shot at me.
不行 我从不先动手
No way. I don’t hit no man first.
那么好吧
All right, then.
朝我胸前扔过来
Hit me in the chest with that.
这会要了你的命的
I’d kill you.
我倒是觉的 你连自己怎么死的都不知道…
From what I hear, you couldn’t hit water…
就别先在这儿胡说了
if you fell out of a fuckin’ boat.
那么好吧 伙计
Go ahead, man.
来吧 对准胸口
Go ahead, come on. Right in the chest.
-不行 -来啊 废物
-No way. -Come on, Meat.
你不敢用那球扔我 是因为你已经想到了结果
You’re not gonna hit me ’cause you’re thinking about it already.
你知道要是投不中我 反而误中了其他人
Starting to think how embarrassing it would be…
有人嘲笑你时 会有多尴尬
to miss in front of these people, how somebody might laugh.
快来啊 让我们瞧瞧 你这百万金臂的厉害
Come on, Rook. Show us that million-dollar arm…
不过我觉得你的大脑却毫不值钱
’cause I got a good idea about that five-cent head of yours.
快投 伙计
Hit ‘im, man!
他妈的
Fuck!
坏球
Ball four.
你是什么人
Who the fuck are you?
好拳
Good punch.
我叫克拉舍戴维斯 是你的新捕手
I’m Crash Davis. I’m your new catcher…
你已经学会了第一课
and you just got lesson number one:
不要多想
Don’t think.
否则只会伤害球团
It can only hurt the ball club.
进去吧 我请你喝一杯
Come inside, I’ll buy you a drink.
我的新捕手
He’s my new catcher.
我们在外面打架 她却玩的开心 这算是怎么回事
We fight, she gets the clown. How’s that happen?
我喜欢这首歌♥
God, I like this song.
你们休战了
Did you boys stop fightin’?
现在成朋友了
Pals now?
那就好
That’s good.
我喜欢男子汉之间的友谊
I love a little macho male bonding.
我觉得这很可爱
I think it’s sweet. I do.
尽管这有可能会发展为同性恋
Even if it probably is latent homosexuality being rechanneled.
可我还会将之扭转过来 谁在乎呢 对吗
I’m all for rechanneling, so who cares, right?
好了 去我家吗
Okay, shall we go to my place?
要我们哪个去
Which one of us?
当然是你们两个一起来
Both of you, of course.
基本的规则就是这样
These are the ground rules.
每赛季我都会和个男人在一起
I hook up with one guy a season.
通常我会花两星期去挑人
Usually takes me a couple weeks to pick the guy.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章天伦之旅
下一篇文章大白鲨
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!