我恳请陛下谅解
I crave Your Majesty’s pardon.
恐怕话题要中断一下
It may be we have been disturbed by new evidence
关于洛佩兹医生的新证据已经明朗
which has come to light in relation to Doctor Lopez.
伯爵提供的证词看起来
It seems, ma’am, the earl’s confessions
是刑讯逼供所得
were extracted under torture.
什么意思?
What of it?
在严刑拷打之下 无人会不妥协
On the rack, my lord, men may speak anything.
我们的证据显示关于 洛佩兹医生案件的明确证词
Our evidence suggests the only clear proof of the doctor’s guilt
皆是酷刑所得
are those most tainted confessions.
这是真的?
Is this true?
是的 我拷问了他的同伙
Well, yes, ma’am. I racked his associates
他们招了详情
and they confessed in detail
– 关于医生的计划– – 都出去
– to the doctor’s plan… – Leave us.
都给我出去!
Leave us now!
谨遵陛下旨意
As Your Majesty pleases.
埃塞克斯伯爵留下
The Earl of Essex will remain.
我冒犯了您?
I have offended you.
这是人命关天的事 罗宾
This was a man’s life, Robin.
我们是在这玩牌?
Are we playing at cards here
还是在决策国事?
or making judgments that affect the nation?
我只求为您效劳 陛下
I sought only to serve you, ma’am.
你行事鲁莽 如此何来效劳
You act without thinking! That is not service.
我们要给他的遗孀以补偿
We will make restitution to his widow.
你可以出去了
You may go.
如果只是想控制下行为 那么我不会再考虑什么
If thought inhibit action, then I’ll not think again.
我并不否认
I cannot deny it,
因为我是为您 只为您
for I would act for you, for you and you alone.
如果您有危险 我就会在那
If you were in danger, I would be there.
如果有政客反对您
And if some politician should talk against you,
我还是会和您在一起
then I will be there to be your champion.
如果我冒犯了您
If I have offended you,
我请求您宽恕
then I beg forgiveness,
因为我别无他念–
for without that I am nothing…
够了 够了
Oh, enough, enough.
你已经得到了宽恕
You are forgiven.
我可以提议法部长官(检察长)吗?
May I raise the question of the Attorney Generalship?
那不是议会的议题 大人?
Is that not a question for the Council, your lordship?
我想推荐弗朗西斯·培根
I would like to suggest Francis Bacon.
为什么…
Why…
你以为
would you suppose
我会接受这样的提议?
I would accede to such a request?
Oh…
Oh…
我要拿你怎么办?
oh, what am I to do with you?
我要拿你怎么办?
What am I to do with you?
陛下的演奏十分美妙
Your Majesty plays with great sweetness.
你给我带音乐来了 小矮人?
Do you bring me music, pygmy?
希望如此 陛下
Would that it were, ma’am.
一本小册子 陛下
It is a pamphlet, ma’am.
看起来是建议
It seems to suggest
让埃塞克斯伯爵做您的继承人
the Earl of Essex should be your successor.
写得很有水平
It is rather well written.
你太无礼了!
Damn your insolence, sir!
优质的纸张 精美的装订
Fine paper, bound carefully.
印制者必是个很富有的人 陛下
The person who printed it must be wealthy, ma’am.
– 拿给埃塞克斯伯爵 – 如果我可以说–
– Send for the Earl of Essex. – If I may say…
很显然你不喜欢他 小矮人
You have no liking for him, pygmy. That’s obvious.
我极为尊敬
I have a high regard
他的才质
for his good qualities,
尽管有些才能
even though those may not always be
并非名副其实
as much in evidence as they should be.
说下去
Go on, pygmy.
可能是陛下
It may be that Your Majesty’s
对伯爵那种可以理解的恩宠
understandable fondness
那源于他对您的热情与勇气
for his enthusiasm and courage for your cause
令议会里有了这样的传言
creates a climate in the Council
也并不总是–
which does not always…
我是过于宠幸他了
I pet him too much.
他是个很可爱的孩子
Well, he is a pretty boy.
我敢断定他还没意识到 他的愚蠢
I am sure he is unaware of this foolishness.
陛下 从罗伯特·赛西尔那里了解到 您可能认为我是那本…
Madam, I am distressed to learn from Robert Cecil
罪恶的小册子的作者 对此我感到相当痛苦
that you might think I was the author of that vile pamphlet.
你从未有过那样的野心?
You harbor no ambitions in that direction?
如果我想那样 我怎么会愚蠢到去写到纸上?
If I did, would I be so foolish as to commit them to paper?
你真是愚蠢到家了 罗宾
Oh, you are fool enough for anything, Robin.
但可能不是这个
But perhaps not this.
但是你必须了解 人们对你我之间关系存有猜疑–
But you must understand, there is speculation about you and l…
流言–
gossip
妒忌 甚至在议会里存在派系
jealousy and faction even in the Council,
可能皆因我宠爱你所致
and it may be that my favor to you is the cause of it.
永远不要忘记 我信任内阁 罗宾
Never forget that government is my sacred trust, Robin.
你知道 我将永远不会–
You know I would never…
既使我的内心仍在提醒我
And yet my heart still rises in me
当我走进房♥间 你在那…
when I walk into a room and you are there…
这些可怜的情感就开始呼唤
oh, and these poor feelings clamor to be heard.
我听得见 贝丝
I hear them, Bess.
我不会让他们看到这个
Well, I never let them see it.
但我确实老了
But I do grow old,
对于那些想长♥期♥服侍我的人
as do those who are long in service to me.
到这来
Come here.
Oh…
Oh…
– 陛下… – 弗朗西斯爵士
– Madam… – Sir Francis.
有急事 陛下
It is a matter of urgency, madam.
你最好出去 罗宾
You’d best leave us, Robin.
如果大人在 可能更好
It might be better if his Lordship stayed
此事与他有关
since it concerns him.
怎么呢?
Oh, how so?
我的女儿弗朗西丝
My daughter Frances
怀上了埃塞克斯伯爵的孩子
is with child by the Earl of Essex
我是来问下他下一步的打算
and I would seek to know his intentions.
她怀上–
She’s with…
她怀上–
She’s with…
你这个奸诈的恶棍 你!
You treacherous villain, you!
你这个恶棍! 你个恶棍! 你!
You villain! You villain! You!
你个恶棍!
You villain!
我想伯爵是想表达他的歉意 陛下
I think the earl intends an apology, madam.
确实 他在服丧
Indeed. He is in mourning
为失去我们的恩宠而悲哀
for the loss of our favor.
正如所料 这种表达歉意的方式
And as might be expected, the apology is
规模宏大 远远超过了曾经造成的伤害
on a far grander scale than the offense.
他看着很象死了 不是吗?
He looks well dead, does he not?
没人能逃离死亡 陛下
None of us can escape it, madam.
弗朗西斯 听说你身体不大好
Francis, we hear you are not well.
说实话 陛下
To tell you truthfully, madam,
我可能活不过今年
it is not thought that I shall live out the year.
不会的
This cannot be.
恐怕是这样 陛下
I’m afraid it can, Your Majesty.
我们得看看接下来要发生的事情
We must look to what comes after.
苏格兰詹姆士国王?
King James of Scotland?
您有没有想过他?
Is that to be discussed?
我深感我们过于让你劳累
I feel we have worn you out.
我将我的一生
I have laid down my life
献给了新教事业 陛下
for the Protestant cause, madam,
我乐于于此
and I have done it gladly.
幸福的一对!
Ah, the happy couple!
为什么拉如此长的脸?
Oh, why such long faces?
– 我们没… – 祝幸福 陛下
– We did not seek… – To be happy, ma’am.
幸福
Hmm. Happy.
她的父亲问你的打算
Her father has asked you your intentions.
我来告诉你如何打算 先生
Well, I will tell you your intensions, sir.
你要娶她 你就会幸福
You shall marry her and you will be happy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!