读懂谋士们的心思
to read the minds of her advisers.
那并不困难
Well, that is not so difficult,
尤其从你们费尽心机地想读懂我的心思以后
especially since you spend all of your time trying to read mine.
我准许了
You have my approval.
但不要告知埃塞克斯伯爵
Do not inform the Earl of Essex.
如果他听闻了此事 告诉他
If he hears of it, tell him
无论何种情况 他都不准去
he is, under no circumstances to go.
接下来是什么?
What’s it going to be?
啊 又是六
Ah, six again!
我发誓您一定做了手脚了 陛下
I swear you are playing with loaded dice, ma’am.
王室从不在玩牌上作弊
Princes do not cheat at cards.
他们只是根据需要改变规则而已
They simply have the rules altered to suit their needs.
哦 你输得太多了
Ooh, you lose too much.
现在 你基本没什么可输的了
And you, with so little to lose.
我们来玩一种新游戏
We’ll play a new game.
是什么?
Which is?
“埃塞克斯的愚蠢”
“Essex’s Folly.”
我取走所有的牌
I take all the cards
而你必须把它们从我这里夺走
and you have to take them off me.
怎么夺?
How?
– 如果有必要 可以动用武力 – 哦
– By force, if necessary. – Oh.
但武力不宜过多 你若赢了
But not too much force. For you to win
就是 … 叛国
would be… treason.
这个游戏没意思
There is no fun in such a game.
好吧 那就不玩它了
Well, we’ll not play it then.
站在那儿
Stand there.
那儿 就像那样
There, like that.
陛下
Madam…
我知道为时尚早
I know the hour is early,
但如果陛下乐意 我想和您谈一谈
but if Your Majesty pleases, we have need of conversation.
单独谈一谈
Private conversation.
国家大事
Affairs of state.
大人
My lord.
你在等陛下?
You wait for Her Majesty?
我在等我的父亲 大人
I wait for my father, my lord.
我希望他能为我的事去恳求陛下
I hope he pleads my case with the queen.
我简直不敢相信 你冒犯了她 罗伯特爵士
I cannot believe you have offended her, Sir Robert.
你一直都表现良好
You were always such a good boy.
我的情况迫使我不得不这样做 大人
I was obliged to be, my lord, by my position.
回答我
Answer me this…
我担任你父亲的守卫的时候
when I was your father’s ward
我们一同在伯力勋爵的屋子里长大
and we were growing up together in Lord Burghley’s house,
– 我是不是 … – 什么 大人
– was I…? – What, my lord?
没什么
It is no matter.
他希望我能在议会里获得一个席位
He wishes me to have a seat on the Council.
好吧 好吧 好吧 …
Well, well, well…
我们都出息了
we grow great.
我有为之效力过 大人
I have worked for it, my lord.
是的 是的 你有 你有 …
Yes, yes. You have. You have.
好了 罗伯特 你得到你的席位了
Well, Robert, you have your place.
有个父亲是多么必要啊
What it must be to have a father.
谢谢你 谢谢你 父亲
Thank you. Thank you, Father.
成功地挑战了命运 他为之感到愉悦
“Happy were he could finish forth his fate
在这宁和的荒漠中 障碍 …
In some unhaunted desert, where, obscure
来自于整个社会 来自于爱与恨
From all society, from love and hate,
或许只有在世界的大家庭里 他才能安心地歇息
Of worldly folk; then might he sleep secure;
然后醒来 曾经给予上帝的赞誉 …
Then wake again, and ever give God praise…”
怎么了?
What?
您那样看着我我怎么能读得下去?
How can I read when you look at me like that?
我怎样看着你?
How do I look at you?
仿佛您正在考虑 …
As if you were deciding
是否要吃了我
whether or not to eat me.
你期望从我这儿得到什么呢?
What do you wish for from me?
期望您能得到一切
For you to be mistress
您最渴望得到的东西
of what you wish most.
即是说 你期望我得到幸福
Why then, you wish for my happiness.
可要得到它我必须以罔顾我的王国为代价
And to gain that I would have to set aside my kingdom.
如果是那样 谁还会想要我呢?
That being done, who would have me?
我会 贝丝 我会
I would, Bess. I would.
您从来没有说过 您对我的感觉
You never say what it is you feel for me.
– 你知道我的感觉 – 我知道吗?
– You know what it is I feel. – Do I?
我如何才能获知你真实的情感? 即便你不断地在说 …
How do I know what you truly feel, even though you never stop saying…
– 我爱你 – 瞧 你又说了
– I love you. – There, you’ve said it again.
可它能实现吗?
Does that make it true?
即将有一场对里斯本的远征
There is an expedition to Lisbon.
– 什么远征? – 还有其他的远征吗?
– What expedition is that? – Is there more than one?
你本不该知晓此事
You should have not even been told of it.
我下达了禁令 罗宾 你不能去
I gave strict orders. Robin, you’re forbidden to go.
陛下 我没有钱 我必须去
Ma’am, I have no money. I have to go.
我负债太多 我的家产将被出♥售♥
I’m so far in debt, my estates will be sold
用于偿债 您赐予我的已经够多了 可是 …
to pay them off. You promise me much, but…
时机成熟 你自然会得到你的所需
You shall have what you need when the time comes.
里斯本的远征能让我获利 贝丝
I could profit by the Lisbon expedition, Bess.
那里有西班牙商船 有成堆的黄金
There are Spanish ships there piled high with Spanish gold.
站在您的立场 您会想要一个被宠坏的男孩吗?
Do you want a spoiled boy by your side
亦或是您不愿让我证明 我是个适合的男人
or would you not have me prove myself a proper man?
耐心一些
Just be patient.
有甜酒的税收
There’s a tax on sweet wines.
我告诉过你了 罗宾 你不许去
I told you, Robin, you’re forbidden to go.
我们都闭嘴吧
Let’s stop our mouths.
再不讨论此事
No more talk.
你喝得太多了
You drink too much.
甜酒
Sweet wine.

Oh…
您对我太好了
You’re so kind to me.
嘘 嘘
Shh, shh.
睡吧 睡吧 躺那儿
Sleep. Sleep. Lie there.
躺那儿 直到明日清晨
Lie there till morning.

Shh.
睡吧
Sleep.
我无法明言的是…
What I must not say…
我爱你
is that I love you.
我放任你走得越近
The more I let you go,
似乎我就越离不开你
the more I seem to have need of you.
且它挥之不去
And it will not go away,
无论我如何强迫自己
no matter how much I command it.
你觉得女王能控制她自己的情感吗?
Do you think the queen is mistress of her feelings?
不 她是个爱情的傻瓜
No, she’s a fool for love.
绝望的傻瓜
A hopeless fool.
里斯本
“Lisbon”!
弗朗西斯 安 他在哪儿?
Frances! Anne! Where is he?
– 谁 陛下? – 埃塞克斯 你们这些蠢货 愚蠢的家伙
– Who, ma’am? – Essex, you stupid, stupid girl!
他去哪儿了? 你们怎么能让此事发生?
Where has he gone? How could you let this happen?
– 我们什么也没看见 陛下 – 传马夫长
– We saw nothing, ma’am. – Call the Master Groom.
立刻叫他到马厩去
Tell him to get to the stables.
绝不能让埃塞克斯伯爵骑马离开
On no account is the Earl of Essex to be allowed to ride out.
快! 否则我会绞死你们
Hurry! Or I’ll hang the pair of you.
– 陛下 法国大使 – 让他等着
– Madam, the French Ambassador… – Can wait.
是 我应该如何告知他 陛下?
Well, what shall I tell him, ma’am?
告诉他女王正在寻找埃塞克斯伯爵
Tell him the queen is looking for the Earl of Essex.
陛下 太迟了
Madam, it’s too late.
埃塞克斯伯爵已经离开了
The Earl of Essex has already left.
他已经连夜骑往福尔莫了
He rode for Falmouth overnight.
他已上路前往里斯本
He is on his way to Lisbon.
上路?
“On his way”?
你是说 …
Did you say…
已上路?
“his way”?
陛下 若早知此事 我们本可以 …
Madam, had we known, we would have…
本可以? 我不关心你们本可以做什么
“Would have”? I care not what you would have done,
你们这群不忠的狗奴才
you traitorous dog!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!