-你也那样吗 -不
– You do that, Frank? – No.
-没有吗 -还不至于
– No? No? – Not yet.
你说的我也确实听了 但这次旅行
Look, I hear what you’re saying, I do, but this trip,
并不是你现在亟需的 你得慢慢来
it’s not what you need right now. You gotta take things easy.
真的 待在家里吧
You do. Stay home.
知道该怎么办吗 多花点时间在花♥园♥
You know what you should do? Spend more time in the garden.
艾德说没问题
Ed said it was fine.
他说多带点药就可以了
He said just take enough medication
坚持坐火车和汽车
and stick to trains and buses.
我要拍很多照片 把新鲜事都带回家
And I’ll take plenty of pictures, and I’ll bring home the news.
先去纽约看大卫
I’ll start with David in New York.
要是出什么问题的话 就立即回来
And if anything goes wrong, I’ll be right home.
钥匙 钱包
Got my keys, got my wallet.
钥匙 药
My keys, got my medication.
照相机
Camera.
钥匙
Got my keys.
下一位
Next.
纽约 单程票
New York city. One way, please.
-87块 -87块 给你100块
– $87. – $87. There’s 100.
-我去看我儿子 -真不错
– I’m going to see my son. – Very good.
-知道他干什么的吗 -不知道
– You know what he does? – Absolutely no idea.
-他是个画家 -7号♥站台 谢谢
– He’s an artist. – Gate 7. Thank you.
-下一位 -谢谢
– Next. – Thank you.
你认为我的作品怎么样
Uh, what do you think of my work?
离站后你就一直看着
You’ve been looking at it ever since we left the station.
不好意思 我没听明白
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.
别看着我 看窗外
No, don’t look at me. Look back out the window.
告诉我 你看见什么了
Tell me what you see.
-汽车吗 -不是
– Cars? – No.
-树吗 -是有树 不过不是
– Trees? – Well, yes, but no.
房♥子吗
Houses?
想想你一直都看到的那个
Just remember that you’ve been looking at it
-车一离站就一直看的 -窗子 玻璃吗
– Ever since we left the station. – Oh, the window. The glass?
不是 不错了 一开始…
No. Not bad, but it’s a start…but…
-鸟吗 -不 不是鸟
– Birds? – Uh, no. Not birds.
-石头? -不是石头 开玩笑了
– Rocks? – Not rocks. No, that’s ridiculous.
石头 你猜的吧
Rocks! You’re just guessing.
我跟这位女士一直在说 估计她会知道
I’m gonna stick with this lady here. I think she has an idea.
说实话 我真不知道你说的是什么
No, honestly, I realiy have no idea what you mean.
找找节奏
You know, just look for the rhythm.
电♥话♥线杆吗
The telephone post?
差不多了
Close. Close.
-电线吗 -对 继续 继续
– The wire? – Yeah. Keep going. Keep going.
-我猜不出来了 -别 好吧 就是电线
– Really, I give up. – No, no. Okay. That’s it. That’s it.
电线 挺不错的
The wire, that’s good.
我既没制♥造♥电线 也没架电线
I mean, I didn’t make the wire, I didn’t hang the wire,
我是包电线的 给电线包上聚氯乙烯
but I coated the wire. I protected it with PVC coating
能够防止雨淋 湿气 过热之类的
against the rain, the moisture, heat, stuff like that.
所以说 你看到的其实不是电线
So, what you actually see is not the wire.
是我的保护层
It’s my PVC coating.
我一周要包上1000里的电线 没有休息
I ran 1,000 miles of wire a week, non-stop.
不休息的
Non-stop.
如果你稍微想一想
If you just think for a minute,
那条电线要传达所有的对话
all the conversations that have taken place over that wire.
喜怒哀乐
Breaking good news and bad news.
-我给你看点东西 -好的
– I’ll show you something. – Sure.
他们是我的孩子们
These are my children.
罗伯特是乐队指挥
Robert, the conductor.
大卫是画家 萝西 跳舞的
David, the artist. Rosie, the dancer.
艾米做广♥告♥很出色
Amy, very high up in advertising.
到他们那儿还要有100万英尺的电线
A million feet of wire to get them where they are today.
-照片很不错 -谢谢
– It’s a nice picture. – Thank you.
还要有百万英尺的电线
Million feet of wire to get them where they are today.
-石头吗 -没错 对了 就是石头
– Rocks? – Yeah, right. That’s right. Rocks.
他们本来是要来看我的
They were all…they were all supposed to visit me,
本会有个家庭团圆
and we were gonna have a family reunion,
不过他们都在最后一刻取消行程了
and instead they all canceled on me at the last minute.
把自己锁门外了吗 亲爱的
You lock yourself out, honey?
没有 没锁外面
No, I didn’t lock myself out.
我儿子住这儿 我等他回来
My son lives here. I’m just waiting for him.
你可以过来跟我一起等 我有个好去处
You can come wait with me if you want. I know a place.
不 谢了 很感谢你
Oh, thank you. That’s nice of you, though.
-你确定吗 -谢谢
– You sure? – Thank you.
想看看我的腿吗
You wanna see my ieg?
想看我的吗
You wanna see mine?
-来 -到了吗
– Come on. – Are we here?
哥们儿
Oh, man.
-哥们儿 你真难以置信 -什么
– Dude, I can’t believe you, man. – What?
真不敢相信 你一晚上…
I can’t believe you, all night…
大卫
David.
你长大想干什么
What are you gonna do when you grow up? Huh?
我想当个画匠 自己画画
I wanna be a painter and do my pictures.
别当画匠 克里斯特 他们是在墙上画画的
No, not a painter. Christ, painters paint walls,
小狗也在墙上尿尿 要当画家
and dogs pee on walls. You’re gonna be an artist.
画家的画能改变人们的生活
Artists paint pictures that change people’s lives.
你想当什么呢
What are you gonna be?
画家
An artist.
对啦 画家 那么你是不是要好好学习呢
That’s right, an artist. So, you gonna work hard?
是的 爸爸
Yes, Dad.
你要成为我的骄傲
You gonna make me proud.
我会努力的 爸爸
I’m trying, Dad.
不幸的是 飓风将
Unfortunately, it’s going to be
在明日某时登陆海滩
on top of the coast sometime tomorrow.
现在 飓风爱丽丝的速度已经
Right now, hurricane Alice is packing
达到每小时165里
winds of 165 miles per hour.
我们遇到了5级飓风 风压…
We’ve got a category 5 hurricane. The pressure…
看起来风暴很严重
Looks like a bad storm.
严重的风暴
A bad storm.
我94岁了
I’m 94.
-我一直不需要看医生 -哥们
– I keep away from the doctors. – Boy.
我儿子辈有3个 孙子辈有6个
I have three children, six grandchildren.
他们都很忙
They’re busy.
都没时间跟我闲聊 我还得跟他们预约
They’re too busy to talk to me. I gotta make an appointment.
他们都去别的地方了 也不需要别人了
They got lost someplace. They don’t need anybody.
人变了 生活也变了
People changed, life is changed.
今天 你跟某个人握手
Today, you shake hands with somebody,
还得数数有几根手指
you gotta count your fingers to make
免得伸回来时少一根
sure you got five fingers back.
有什么要帮忙的吗
May I help you?
门铃没坏吧
Do the bells work?
没啊
Yeah.
我儿子住9号♥房♥ 不知道他在不在家
My son lives in apartment 9. I’m not sure if he’s home.
好了
All right
谢谢
Thank you.
大卫?
David?
大卫 本想给你一个惊喜 可惜你不在家
我待会儿再打电♥话♥给你 爱你的爸爸
不眠的日子里我发现
Through my sleepless days I found
无梦的睡眠中
That in my dreamless sleep I’m bound
我将在那夜听见
To one night hear the sound
你的呼唤
Of you calling
今夜不要困惑
Do not stumble through tonight
不要害怕跌倒
Have no fear of falling
今夜不会困惑
We won’t stumble through tonight
沉醉于欢笑声中
Drowning in their laughter
艾米 是我 萝西
Amy, it’s Rosie.
爸爸怎么都不接电♥话♥呢
Dad’s not answer the phone.
别打电♥话♥给他
Well, don’t call him.
等我们搞清楚大卫的情况再说
Not till we know what’s going on with David.
有什么消息吗
Is there any more news?
没有
No.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!