在你诞生的那天
天使聚集在一起
决定创造一个成真的美梦
她们在你的金发上洒了月尘
帮我叫车好吗?
Can you call me a cab?

KATIE: Hi.

Hey.
你怎么没睡?
What’re you doing up?
早上了
It’s morning.
早上了?
It’s morning?
天啊
能念一本书给我听吗?
Could you read me just one book?
干脆我念所有书给你听
Why don’t I read you all of them?

Hey.
你要见我?
You wanted to see me?
这个嘛
Well…
我们有…
We have some…
我们有好消息
We have some great news.
露西要离开寄养家庭了
Lucy’s leaving foster care.
她被领养了
She’s been adopted.
我的天啊
Oh my god!
皇后区一个慈爱稳定的家庭
By a loving stable family in Queens.
他们还有两个孩子 恰到好处
They have two other children, it’s a perfect fit.
皇后区
Queens?
坐地铁要超过1小时才能到这里
Takes over an hour’s subway to get here.
Uh…
天啊
Wow.
听着
Look,
你不能再见她了
You can’t see her anymore.
什么?
What?
她会继续由社工治疗
She’ll continue therapy with a social worker who helps integrate her into her new community.
帮助她融入新的社群
她需要跟我们划清界线
She needs a clean break from us.
你让她有重大进展
You’ve done great work with her.
我们都以你为傲
Honey, we’re all very proud.
但她依赖你就不能展开新生活
But, she can’t start her new life holding on to you.
这是标准程序
This is standard procedure.
一定有方法…
There’s got to be a way…
这可不是带露西去公园
This isn’t like taking Lucy to the park.
我不可能敷衍这种事 抱歉
There’s no way for me to fudge this. I’m sorry.
别闷了
Hey, this is great news.
这是好消息
This is what we hope and pray for.
正是我们希望和祈祷的
我们有好多事要聊吧?
(SIGHS) We have enough a lot to talk about huh?
新家庭
New family.
新学校
New school.
一切会很好的
Everything’s gonna be okay.
我保证
I promise.
– (SLAPS) – (GASPS)
我不太记得我妈
I don’t remember my mother much, but…
但我非常爱我爸
I love, love, love, my father.
他是作家 其实很有名
He was a writer.
He was actually quite famous.
他是作家 其实很有名
He was a writer.
他是作家 其实很有名
He was a writer.
他精神状态不好
He wasn’t so, uh… mentally,
但他整晚熬夜 每晚
but he stayed up all night every night,
完成最后一本书
finishing one last book.
那本书是关于我
That book was about me.
但其实是关于人生
But really it was about life,
还有他如何从不放弃我
and how he never gave up on me.
那是他的方式
It was his way of…
告诉我他多爱我
telling me how much he loved me.
还有道别
And goodbye.
那才是这本书的主题
That’s what this book is really about. It’s…
绝不放弃
never ever give up.
人生会充满挑战和不公
Life’s gonna be really challenging and unfair,
有时很痛苦
and sometimes painful.
你已经遭遇许多事
I mean, you’ve been through a lot already,
但我们绝不能放弃
but we can never give up or stop moving forward or looking ahead,
也不能停止前进或向前看
无论我们遭遇的经历有多么困难
no matter how hard the experiences that we’ve been through are.
我能做的只有告诉你
All I can do is tell you that.
我爱你
I love you.
还有再见
And goodbye.
我也爱你
I love you too.
你会很好的 好吗?
(VOICE BREAKING) You be good, okay?
你会有很棒的未来
You have great things in front of you.
我会
I will.
我保证
I promise.
恭禧 杰克
Congratulations, Jake.
恭禧什么?
What for?
你又要成为姨丈了
You’re gonna be an uncle again.
看来你的连襟威廉跟秘书搞外遇
It seems your brother-in-law William has been having an affair with his secretary.
她才24岁
Who’s only 24.
她怀孕了
And she’s pregnant.
她要留住孩子
And she’s keeping it.
伊莉莎白正诉请离婚
Elizabeth’s filing for divorce.
他们撤销诉讼了 正好
They dropped the suit.
– BOTH: Oops! – (BOTH LAUGHING)
他们撤销诉讼了 正好
They dropped the suit.
– BOTH: Oops! – (BOTH LAUGHING)
《父与女》
Fathers and Daughters.
你怎么会…
How do you write a novel in three months? Usually takes you years.
你怎么会3个月写出一本小说?
通常你要花1年
好作品吗?
Is it any good?
不晓得
No idea.
你带给我《留下那支舞》时
That’s what you said to me when you brought me Living the Dance.
就是这样说
我带给你什么时?
I brought you what?
你带给我《留下那支舞》时
When you brought me Living the Dance, the book you won the Pulitzer prize for.
你赢得普立兹奖的那本书
天啊
Oh, God!
(GROANS)
(CHOKING)
(CROWS CAWING)
你有话跟你♥爸♥说吗?
Do you wanna say something to your father?
你是我的洋芋片
You’re my Potato Chip.
世上只有你是
You and no one else.
嗨 甜心
Hi, sweetheart.
(RINGING)
(PEOPLE CHATTERING)
(SIGHS HEAVILY)
嗨 – 嗨
– Hey. – Hi.
我想念你
I miss you.
我也爱你
And I love you.
天啊 我好爱你
God I love you so much.
我早该说上百万次
I should’ve said it a million times.
我早该的
Yeah, I really should’ve.
我好害怕你离开我
I was so afraid of you leaving me.
我懂 我们都懂我很难搞
And I know we both know that I’m not easy.
我懂我很难搞
I know I’m not.
你是我遇过最美好的事
And…
You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.
你是我遇过最美好的事
And…
You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.
我不能…
And you know what, I can’t…
我不想跟你分开
I don’t wanna live without you.
卡麦隆?
WOMAN: Cameron, I can go.
我能走
是我的… 我的朋友
It’s my friend.

谢谢你
Thank you. Thank you for everything.
谢谢你的一切 真的
Really.
谢谢你的一切 真的
Really.
凯蒂
Katie.
凯蒂
Katie.
凯蒂
万分荣幸接受普立兹奖
It is a great honor to accept this Pulitzer on behalf of my client, the late Jake Davis.
代表我的客户
已故的杰克戴维斯
《父与女》赢得每个主要文学奖
That Fathers and Daughters has won every major literary award
也荣登畅销排行榜1年
and been perched to top the best sellers’ list for a year
这是每个经纪人的美梦
is every agent’s dream.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!