-二十五 -三十
– Twenty-five. – Thirty.
-三十五 -四十
– Thirty-five. – Forty.
-五十 -天哪
– Fifty. – Oh, my…
五十美元
Fifty dollars.
五十美元一次
Fifty going once.
五十美元两次
Fifty going twice.
五十美元卖♥♥给雪莉·斯图小姐了
Sold to Miss Sherry Stalls for $50.
打破义拍会记录了
An all-time record.
筹款会将会非常感谢如此慷慨的捐助
The boosters will be very grateful for such a generous donation.
真奇怪
It’s strange.
我在这里和全校最火♥辣♥的女孩共进午餐
Here I was having lunch with the hottest girl in school
我却觉得很悲惨
and I was miserable.
我们打算去湖边 我爸爸在那有个小木屋
We’re going up to the lake. My dad has a cabin there.
在那儿能把皮肤晒得黝黑
And you get the most outrageous tan.
因为朱莉就坐在离我不到二十英尺的地方
Because less than 20 feet away from me was Juli.
我的朱莉和艾迪·楚勒在一起
My Juli with Eddie Trulock.
她笑着
She’s laughing.
她在笑什么
What was she laughing about?
她怎么能坐在那开怀大笑
How could she sit there and laugh
而且看起来这么漂亮呢
and look so beautiful?
布莱斯 你还好吗
Bryce, are you all right?
什么
What?
你看什么呢
What are you staring at?
没什么
Nothing.
午餐真的很好吃 布莱斯
Lunch is really delicious, Bryce.
布莱斯 你听见我说话了吗
Bryce, did you hear me?
我说午餐真的很好吃
This is a really delicious lunch.
咱们别说什么晒黑和吃的了 好吗
Can we not talk about tans or food?
好啊 你想谈点什么
Well, what do you wanna talk about?
我也不知道 谈谈永动机怎样
I don’t know, perpetual motion?
你知道这个吗
Do you know anything about that?
永什么
Perpetual what?
我不知道我当时怎么了
I don’t know what came over me.
我好像是被附身了一样
It was like I was possessed or something.
-朱莉 我得和你谈谈 -什么
– Juli, I gotta talk to you. – What?
布莱斯 你怎么了
What’s going on, Bryce?
你干什么啊
What are you doing?
布莱斯 别这样
Bryce, stop it.
布莱斯 你连一垒都没上啊
Bryce, you didn’t even make it to first base.
我来亲你吧 哈哈
I’ll kiss you. Ha, ha.
朱莉 朱莉
Juli! Juli!
朱莉 等等 我们能谈谈吗
Juli, wait. Can we talk?
朱莉
Juli!
-你是怎么了 -别管我 伽利特
– What’s the matter with you? – Leave me alone, Garrett.
你本来在和校花约会
You get a date with the finest girl on campus
但是你却为了朱莉给搞砸了
and you blow it for Juli.
-你是不会懂的 -我确实一点都不懂
– You wouldn’t understand! – I completely don’t understand!
我们说的是朱莉·贝克啊
We’re talking about Juli Baker here.
噩梦邻居 无所不知的讨厌鬼 鸡屎宝贝
Nightmare neighbor, know-it-all nuisance. The coop-poop babe.
你给我闭嘴
Shut up!
你是不是对她动心了 你怎么了
Hey, have you flipped? What’s the matter with you?
你要是再这样的话
You know what, if you’re gonna be like this,
咱们就别做朋友了
I don’t need the association.
好啊 我不稀罕
Well, good, because neither do I.
是啊 我也不稀罕
Yeah, neither do I!
当我拎着一篮叮当作响的脏盘子走回家时
As I walked home with the dirty dishes clanking inside my picnic basket,
我满脑子都是朱莉
all I could think of was Juli.
我意识到伽利特至少有一件事说对了
And I realized Garrett was right about one thing:
我确实怦然心动了 彻彻底底的
I had flipped. Completely.
你好
Hello?
您好 贝克太太 朱莉在家吗
Oh, heh. Hi, Mrs. Baker. Is Juli there?
不好意思 布莱斯 朱莉不想说话
Oh. I’m sorry, Bryce. Juli doesn’t wanna talk.
求您了 贝克太太 我得见她
Please, Mrs. Baker. I gotta see her.
我也没办法 布莱斯
I’m sorry, Bryce.
她把自己锁在屋子里了
But I’m afraid she’s locked herself in her room.
那晚 我试着早点睡
I tried to go to bed early that night…
但就是无法入眠
but I couldn’t sleep.
我在窗前坐了几个小时 呆望着她家的房♥子
I watched her house from my window for hours.
我必须找机会告诉她我的感受
I had to find a way to show her how I felt.
周一早晨 当我走进校门时
Monday morning, as I made my way into school…
我正琢磨着我想嫁给艾佛利兄弟[摇滚组合]中的哪个
I was deciding which of the Everly Brothers I’d rather marry…
这时丹娜·崔斯勒又让我想起了布莱斯
when Dana Tressler forced Bryce back into my brain.
朱莉 名单公布了
Juli. The list is out.
他榜上有名 9号♥ 你的主菜
There he is, number nine, your main dish.
布莱斯·洛斯奇不是我的主菜
Bryce Loski’s not my main dish.
哦 你在减肥吗
Oh, you’re sticking to your diet.
这不是减肥 丹娜
It’s not a diet, Dana.
-我已经不喜欢他了 -很高兴听你这么说
– I’m over him, okay? – I’m glad to hear it.
因为大家都说雪莉已经志在必得了
Because rumor has it Sherry’s already staking her claim on him.
雪莉 雪莉·斯图吗
Sherry? Sherry Stalls?
丽兹 梅茜 名单出来了
Oh, Liz. Macy. The list is up.
那天下午
That afternoon,
我发现自己一直在想午餐男孩拍卖♥♥会的事
I found myself obsessing about the Basketboy auction.
我对布莱斯的感觉又不争气地死灰复燃了
I could feel myself backsliding about Bryce.
但雪莉喜欢他关我什么事
But why should I care if Sherry liked him?
我都不应该想起他
I shouldn’t even be thinking about him.
我得赶快摆脱出来
I had to rise above this.
我得忘了布莱斯·洛斯奇
Bryce Loski was no longer in my life.
在那个拍卖♥♥会的早晨 我左右为难了
On the morning of the auction, I was on edge.
我发现自己不知不觉中
I found myself, without even knowing how it happened,
总盯着卖♥♥鸡蛋的存钱盒看
staring at my egg money.
我需要制定一个计划
I needed a strategy.
很简单
It was simple.
如果不带钱的话 我就不会胡思乱想了
If I left my money at home, I’d leave temptation with it.
但当我碰到斯杜比太太时 计划受挫了
My strategy suffered a setback when I ran into Mrs. Steuby.
朱莉安娜
Julianna.
朱莉安娜
Julianna.
你好 亲爱的
Hello, dear.
实在抱歉 我拖了这么长时间
I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to get this to you…
我今天一早上都没找到你
but I keep missing you in the morning.
斯杜比太太 我不想要这钱 算了吧
Mrs. Steuby, I don’t want that. You don’t have to…
不 别傻了 我怎么能白吃你的鸡蛋呢
No, don’t be ridiculous. Of course I’m gonna pay you.
-我得付你钱 -我不想要 我不要
– I’m going to pay you. – I don’t want that. I don’t want it.
拿去给自己买♥♥点好看的衣服
Yeah, I want you to go out and buy yourself something festive.
买♥♥条七分裤怎样
Pedal pushers. Ha, ha.
-斯杜比太太 -再见 亲爱的
– Mrs. Steuby. – Bye, dear.
斯杜比太太 我不想要七分裤
Mrs. Steuby, I don’t want pedal pushers.
不 你穿着会很好看的
No, no. You’ll look great.
那好吧
It’s okay.
没事 没什么大不了的 就当没有
It’s okay. No big deal. Just pretend like I don’t have it.
听说你要竞拍布莱斯
I hear you’re planning to bid on Bryce.
什么啊 谁告诉你的 不是的
What? Who told you that? No, I’m not.
有人看到你今早拿着一沓钱
Someone saw you with a wad of cash this morning.
-你带了多少钱 -不关你的事
– How much do you have? – It’s none of your business.
我今天不竞拍 我也已经不喜欢他了
And I’m not bidding, okay? I don’t even like him anymore.
太阳真是从西边出来了
Oh, that’ll be the day.
真的 去吧 在他身上浪费你的钱去吧
It’s true. Go ahead, waste your money on him.
我不在乎
I don’t care.
现在 请在场的梅菲德中学师生热烈欢迎
And now, will you all give a big Mayfield School welcome…
1963年度的”午餐男孩”们
to your 1963 Basketboys.
我嘴上说什么都不在乎了
I could say I didn’t care all I wanted…
可当看到布莱斯西装笔挺地走上台
but seeing Bryce walk out in his jacket and tie…
手持野餐篮时
holding that picnic basket…
我的头脑又不清醒了
set my head spinning again.
十五美元第一次
Fifteen going once.
拍卖♥♥会似乎进行得飞快
The auction seemed to fly by.
十五美元第二次
Fifteen going twice.
梅茜·泰勒十五美元成功竞标
Sold to Macy Taylor for $15.
我还没回过神来 已经到艾迪·楚勒了
Before I knew it, Eddie Trulock was called.
8号♥是艾迪·楚勒
Number eight is Eddie Trulock.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章弱点
下一篇文章实习生 The Intern
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!