By the way, do you happen to be thirsty?
噢 当然 而且我想
I do, and I’m just in the mood
听听你的故事
to hear the story of your life.
噢 格林先生 我可以给你安排时间 你倒很有一套
Why, Mr. Green, I think this can be arranged, if you play your cards right.
知道那儿有好的酒吧吗
You know a nice bar we can go to?
那我就不是好姑娘了
This couldn’t happen to a nicer girl.
结果他很喜欢
And he liked it. And that’s how
我们就这样好上了
I got to be fashion editor in the first place.
– 你好 吉米 – 我很好
– Hello, Jim. How are you? – Oh, fine.
别回头 我们有客人了
Don’t look now. But I think we’ve got visitors.
而且我正好讲到我生活温柔的一面
Just when I was getting to the really tender part of my life, too.
我可以和可爱的人坐一起吗
Mind if I sit with you charming people?
噢 请坐请坐
No. Sit down, Bert. Sit down.
– 只坐一会儿可以吗 – 请吧
– Only got a minute. May I? – Certainly.
看着你们俩谈笑风生
You two seem to be having such fun
我忍♥不住就过来了
over here, I couldn’t resist it.
噢 我们正在东拉西扯地神侃
We just love to spread merriment. Our hearts are God’s little garden,
算不上什么谈笑风生
just an occasional weed, here and there.
嗯 又把新的一♥期♥做完了
Well, Anne, another issue gone to press.
我真不知道该怎么办才好啊
I swear I don’t see how we do it every week.
我们干的很好 波特
Well, we’re just brilliant, Bert.
我每天早晨起床后问我的镜子
Every morning, I get up and I say to the mirror,
镜子镜子告诉我
“Mirror, mirror, on the wall, tell me
谁是最了不起的人
“who’s the most brilliant of them all?”
那镜子怎么说
What does the mirror say?
镜子说肯定不是先生
That mirror ain’t no gentleman, Mr. Green.
格林 你那篇文章写得怎么样了
Well, Green, how’s the series coming?
还在搜集资料 要找的东西太多了
Well, I’m still just getting stuff together. There’s plenty of it around.
知道吗 我驻扎在关岛时
You know, when I was stationed at Guam,
指挥官常常谈这事儿
our C.O. used to talk to us about it.
那家伙很开朗
Quite a liberal, that fellow.
你当时在公♥关♥部 是吗
You were in public relations, weren’t you?
你怎么会有这种念头
What makes you say that?
我也说不清
I don’t know.
你看上去像那种 非常聪明的人
You just seem like a clever sort of a guy.
你怎么认为我一定当过兵
What makes you think I wasn’t a GI?

Huh?
看在上帝的份上 格林 别误解我的意思
Now, for goodness’ sake, Green, don’t get me wrong.
我一些最要好的朋友
Why, some of my best friends… I know, dear.
我知道你的另外一些朋友是信徒
And some of your other best friends are Methodist,
可你从不提他们
but you never bother to say it.
噢 安
Now, look, Anne.
对不起
Skip it.
你能叫招待过来吗 菲尔
Flag the waiter, Phil, and be a dear?
请你们原谅 我得先走一步了
Well, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to run.
我们回头见
I’ll be seeing you.
我的天呐
Little drip.
看在上帝的份上 别误解我的意思
“Now, for goodness’ sake, Green, don’t get me wrong.”
他好像真♥相♥信那些事儿
Really believes it, too.
这个也反对那个也不同意
Disapproves of the poll tax and Bilbo.
结果没有任何自己的观点
Comes right out and says so, brave as anything.
算了 不说他了
He’s just a drip, let’s face it.
他的品味倒是不错
That imitation was wonderful.
这种人到处都是 我们刚才说到那儿啦
Got a million of them. Well, we’re back to laughs, anyway.
嘿 我明天晚上请一些人去玩儿
Say, I’m having a flock of people up tomorrow night.
你系上黑领带一块儿来
What about pressing your black tie and coming up?
好的 可以带姑娘来吗
Sure. Like it fine. Can I bring my girl?
当然可以
Of course.
是要账单吗 先生
What’ll you have, sir?
是的 谢谢
More of the same. Thank you, sir.
你等我一下 我马上就回来
Wait here, will you? I’ll be right back.
惊讶吗
Surprise.
我称这为准时
Well, that’s what I call timing.
我还以为是计程车的司机呢 我都等不及了
I saw your cab drive up. I just couldn’t wait.
我的天呐
Oh, brother.
这没什么
Oh, it’s nothing.
有个佣人 每周来两次替我收拾好
Little lady comes in twice a week and whips them up for me.
这是我们家的传统
Been with the family for generations.
你看你打扮得多帅
Look at you. First time I’ve seen you in dinner clothes.
这才是你的真面目
Good enough to eat with a spoon.
我们走吧 快点儿
Come on, dear, let’s go.
我把一切都告诉了妈妈
Oh, I told Ma today all about us.
她高兴吗 告诉我
Phil, was she pleased? Was she?
噢 她高兴极了
She was delighted. She got very emotional. For Ma, anyway.
乐得又是打破了碟子又是放错了盘子
She dropped one of her best dishes and broke it,
而且还怪汤姆
and blamed it all on Tommy.
今天下午我给我的姐姐简打了个电♥话♥
I called my sister Jane this morning,
把这事情一下子告诉了她
I sort of blurted it out in the telephone,
她高兴坏了
and she squealed, “Kathy!”
说她再也不用过问我的事儿了
As if she’d given up all hope that anyone would ever ask me again.
亲爱的 她其实想见你
Darling, she’s aching to meet you.
她下星期六要为我们搞一个聚会
In fact, they’re giving a big party for us next Saturday.
菲尔 要不要把真♥相♥告诉他们
Won’t we have to let Jane in on it?
我不知道 从没想过
I don’t know. I hadn’t thought.
我还没有告诉她
I hadn’t, either, until now, but won’t we?
可她是我的亲姐姐 你的妈妈不是也知道
My own sister. Your mother knows.
我知道 凯茜
Well, I know, dear, she had to,
我妈妈是没办法
but Jane and her husband don’t.
但是简和她丈夫能不能守住
You know, if you want to keep a secret…
你连我的亲姐姐都不相信了
But wouldn’t it be sort of exaggerated with my own sister?
她马上就成你的姐姐了
Your sister-in-law, almost.
亲爱的 我觉得处于礼貌应该告诉她
Darling, I do think it would be inflexible of you.
呃 我想 可以吧
Well, I suppose it would, inside the family.
他们不会告诉别人吧
They won’t tell anybody else, will they?
噢 他们从来不多嘴
Oh, they’d never breathe it.
他们像你我一样都痛恨反犹太主义者
They want to fight this awful thing as much as you and I do.
亲爱的 我将是晚会上最骄傲的姑娘
Darling, I’m going to be the proudest girl on the block.
我真想吻你
I don’t have to kiss you in public.
可外面还有一辆计程车在等着呢
I’ve got a nice dark taxi outside.
那还等什么呢 来吧
Well, what are we waiting for? Come on.
算了 走吧
Don’t just stand there.
她很迷人
She’s awfully attractive, isn’t she?
是啊 她很漂亮
Yeah. She looks really beautiful.
这倒是句实话 她很喜欢你
She certainly does, and she likes you a lot.
我敢打赌她一定是悄悄地爱上了你
I’ll scratch her eyes out if she makes a play for you.
噢 是吗
That’s no way to talk.
不过你不用这么担心
Relax. You haven’t got a thing to worry about.
– 你好 安 – 你好 安
– Hello, Anne. – Hello, Anne.
要不要给你们拿点吃的喝的
Can I get you something? Food, drinks,
一张合法支票还是零花钱
some certified checks, spending money, an emerald?
不用了 我们自己来
It’s a lovely party, Anne.
你不用这么客气
It will be better when it thins out a bit.
我一个人照顾不过来
I think I can get Sasha to play and Ethel to sing.
你就随便吧
Good. Stick around.
菲尔 林顿教授刚刚到了
Say, Phil Professor Lieberman just came in.
你和安想认识一下他吗
Would you and Kathy like to meet him?
我看是林顿·伯格吧
Lieberman, I should say so.
我非常地害怕
Hey, I’m scared. What does one say
不知道应该说些什么
to a world-renowned physicist?
说什么都行
Just “Hello, toots.”
来吧 我给你们介绍
Come on. He’s a wonderful guy.
小心胳膊
Watch your elbow.
我很高兴能有一条船
I’m not happy till I’m out in my boat.
– 一条船 – 我刚刚买♥♥了一条新的
– I love that. – I bought myself a new one.
你什么时候和我一起去坐船游览一下
You ought to join me one day. You look tired and drawn.
我非常愿意
Say when. It’ll do you good.
呃 打断一下 教授
Well, let’s say… Professor,
有两位想认识你 可又很害怕
two people want to meet you, but are scared.
我让他们俩做自我介绍
They’ll introduce themselves.
省得什么事儿都由安出面
That’ll make them open their mouths, anyway.
你们自己来吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!