Home 爱情电影 君子协定(1947)

君子协定(1947)

0
君子协定(1947)

So it works out as an interruption either way.
我自己也在上班
Well, I’m a working girl myself.
你要我每天给你打多少个电♥话♥
How many interruptions a day do you want?
那我就谢谢你 每天给我打五六个电♥话♥
Oh, I’ll thank you to call me five or six times a day.
反正我会想你的
It’s your fault I’m in this jam, anyway.
好吧 再见
Okay. Bye.
不出去散散心吗
Why don’t you take some time off, Phil?
你在这儿连续写了两个星期了
You’ve been at it day and night now for almost a week.
妈 你了解我的
You know me, Ma.
要是我活没干完 不说和凯茜在一起不高兴
When I’m like this, I wouldn’t be any fun for Kathy or anybody else.
我对自己也不高兴
I’m certainly no fun for myself.
一点儿思路也没有吗
No ideas at all yet?
嗯 我有的是思路
Sure, plenty of ideas,
可是这些思路太混乱了
but they all explode in my face after an hour.
因此都觉很可惜
So they just don’t stand up.
你刚想到一点
When you get the right one,
马上就会出现另外一点
there’s a kind of a click happens inside of you.
所以好像总是也理不清的
It hasn’t happened yet. It doesn’t look like it’s going to either.
我已经写烦了
I’m bored with the whole thing,
而且对自己也厌烦了 我自己都不知道到底是怎么了
bored with myself, as a matter of fact.
嘿 妈妈 我这次是不是没辙了
Hey, Ma. Do you think I’m losing my grip?
真的是江郎才尽了吗
You know, writers do. Maybe it’s my turn.
别这样
You better not.
你可没有别的谋生之路
You wouldn’t be able to make a nickel at anything else.
谢谢 你这话说得对 真管用
Thanks. You can go now. That’s a big help.
把那两个玩意儿拿过来
Bring those things in with you, will you?
写东西都这么难吗 菲尔
Isn’t it always tough at the start, Phil?
从来没有过
Never like this.
我想尽了一切办法
Never. I’ve tried everything.
反犹太主义 犹太人 希伯伦
Anti-Semitism in business, labor, professions.
从各种角度来写 可一切都没有用
It’s all there, all right, but I can’t make it give.
无论我是从一个角度 还是同时从多个角度来写
I’ve tried everything, separately and together.
每当我有了一个点子
Every time I think I’m getting on the edge of something good,
想往深处发展
I go into it a little deeper, and
结果发现自己又回到了同一个犹太人身上
it turns into the same old drool
又是那些数字 又是抗♥议♥
of statistics and protest.
我觉得像面对一堵墙
It’s like beating your head against a concrete wall.
我真希望戴维在这儿
Gee, I wish Dave were here.
– 戴维·戈尔曼 – 是的
– Dave Goldman? – Yeah.
他才是我应该采访的对象
He’d be the guy to talk it over with, wouldn’t he?
是啊 他还在国外
Yes, I guess he would. Still overseas?
他好像不想回来了
Yeah. Looks like he’s stuck there, too.
不过他倒是很合适
He’d be just the one, though.
嘿 也许这是个新办法
Hey, Ma, maybe that’s a new tack.
到目前为止 我的注意力一直集中在数字和事实上
So far, I’ve been digging into facts and evidence.
还没有考虑到像戴维
I’ve sort of ignored feelings.
这样的犹太人会有什么样的感受
How must a fellow like Dave feel about this thing?
太好了 菲尔
That’s good, Phil.
别的人会有什么样的感受
Over and above what we feel about it,
别的犹太人他们会怎么想
what must a Jew feel about this thing?
戴维 我能知道戴维心里想些什么
Dave. Can I think my way into Dave’s mind?
我如果是犹太人就得像他那样
He’s the kind of fellow I’d be if I were a Jew, isn’t he?
我们一起长大 小的时候家庭环境一样
We grew up together. We lived in the same kind of homes.
干什么事情都是两个人一起
We were the gang. We did everything together.
戴维会有什么样的感受
Whatever Dave feels now,
无动于衷 愤怒 不屑一顾
indifference, outrage, contempt,
这不仅仅是戴维作为一个犹太人的感受
would be the feelings of Dave not only as a Jew
而且将是我作为一个美国公民的感受
but the way I feel as a man, as an American, as a citizen.
是吗 妈妈
Is that right, Ma?
那就给他写封信
Sit down and write him a letter now.
嘿 也许我得打破常规 也许这就是办法
Hey, maybe I’ve broken this logjam, Ma. Maybe this is it.
把刚才对我说的话写下来
Put it down to him just like you said it to me.
我怎么对他说呢
Now, what do I say?
我怎样开头呢
What do I say?
亲爱的戴维 你怎样看待这些事
“Dear Dave, give me the lowdown on your guts
你会不会非常气愤
“when you hear about Rankin calling people kikes.
当你听说
“How do you feel when you hear about Jewish kids
纽约市那些痛恨犹太人的家伙
“getting their teeth kicked out
把犹太孩子的牙齿踢掉了
“by Jew-haters in New York City?”
你会写这种信吗 妈妈
Could you write that kind of a letter, Ma?
啊 不行
It’s no good, all of it.
即使能这样写 也是没用的
It wouldn’t be any good if I could write it.
妈妈你知道 没有任何办法
There isn’t any way you can tear open
可以得到另一个人心中的想法
the secret heart of another human being, Ma. You know that.
有道理 也许会有别的办法
Yes, I guess you’re right, but there must be some way.
一定有
There must!
嘿 别那么激动
Hey, don’t you get started.
我可不想让家里人都为我着急
I don’t want to depress the whole family.
你好像很疲倦 睡一会儿吧
You look tired, Ma. Why don’t you go to bed?
不过这想法很不错
One good thing came out of this, anyway.
至少我该给戴维写封信 我就写
Reminded me I owe Dave a letter. I’ll write him anyway.
我希望你能够同情我
And I’d like a little more sympathy around here
明白这有多困难
now that you see how tough it is.
同情 噢 不不
Sympathy? Oh, no.
不过我认为给你一点安慰倒是可以
But I think it’s worth it, Phil, if that’s any consolation.
噢 妈妈 虽然是一点儿安慰
It’s mighty small, Ma, mighty small,
恐怕我也配不上 对吗
but I’m in no position to dicker.
晚安 妈妈
Good night, baby.
汤米
Tommy?
妈妈
Ma!
你心脏病又发了吗
Is it your heart? Does it seem like your heart?

Wait.
你怎么样 疼的厉害吗
You all right? Seem any easier?
不要紧
Passing.
等着 我去找医生
Well, I’ll get a doctor.
– 我给凯茜打电♥话♥ – 不要
– I’ll phone Kathy. – No.
她不会介意的
She’ll know the right one.
等等
Wait.
我没 没想到会这么疼 真疼
I never realized pain could be so sharp.
我还是给凯茜打个电♥话♥ 她认识一个心脏病医生
You let me phone Kathy. She’ll know a heart man.
现在几点了
What time is it?
管它呢 没关系
It doesn’t matter. it doesn’t matter.
先躺下吧
Come on.
我原来就有这种病
Come back and hold my hand.
知道知道
Sure, sure.
她会死吗 爸爸 会吗
Will she die, Pop? Will she?
她总会死的
Well, she’ll die someday, Tom,
就像你 像我 像大家一样
just like you or me or anybody.
只要她小心 还可以活很多年
The doctor said she might be fine for years if she’s careful.
不过我告诉你 汤米
Your grandma’s not young, Tom.
你奶奶的年纪已经很大了
And all that packing and unpacking tired her out too much.
厨房♥的事我们能料理好吗
I’ll bet we can run this place between us.
可以
Sure.
不过 爸爸 会不会发生…
Say, Pop, what are we going…
汤米 我不知道
It’s scary, Tom, I know.
我自己昨晚也被吓坏了
I was scared last night myself, plenty.
只要你好好照顾她
But we’ll take good care of her.
她会活到你长大 结婚 有孩子的
She might be fine until you’re grown up and married and have kids.
噢 医生来了
Well, that’s the doctor.
你自己做早饭 然后上学去好吗
Will you make your own breakfast and get off to school?
– 好的 – 噢 收拾干净
– Sure. – We’ll run this place just fine.
我去开门
You get going now.
我告诉你妈妈了
I told your mother the truth.
有心脏病的人真要好好照顾自己
People with hearts outlive everyone else
完全可以像正常人一样生活
if they take care.
她得的是我们所说的
This may prove to be what we call false angina
假性心绞痛
instead of the true angina.
在床上躺几天
You keep her in bed for a few days,
再来我们诊所检查一下 我们再看
and then we’ll get her to the office and really see.
在一切还没有确定之前 我们没必要兴师动众
No use getting too technical until we really know.
医生 你肯定