And we were pretty darn successful.
还记得”科纳的角落”里市政♥府♥那一幕
You remember in Kerner’s Corner the town hall scene where the alderman
市议员逆转选举让嘉斯当上市长?
overturned the rotten election and made Gus the mayor?
没错
Yeah.
我想我们转变了一些人的思想
Well, I like to think we’ve changed a few minds.
可是来自史丹佛的马丘斯博士加入我们
But then Dr. Marcuse came down from Stanford, joined the study group
教我们直接采取行动
and started teaching us about direct action.
实践 行动
Praxis. Action.
我们每个人都在追求自己的经济利益
We each pursue our own economic interest.
我们不能超越历史的规律
We ourselves are not above the laws of history.
但在凭藉能力追求利益的同时
But in pursuing our interests with vigor,
我们却加速了对立
we accelerate the dialectic
加速人类历史的终结并创造了新人类
and hasten the end of history and the creation of the New Man.
此外 还赚到了钱 闭嘴!
Plus, we make a little dough. Shut up!
我们讲的不是钱
We’re not even talking about money!
是经济
We’re talking about economics.
是喔
Sure, good.
说得好
Good stuff.
那…这样说来…我能分到赎金吗?
So, now, uh, do I get a share of the ransom?

No.
Whitlock先生 被绑人基本上是分不到赎金的
No, Mr. Whitlock, you can hardly share in your own ransom.
那很不道德
That would be unethical.
各位 我觉得那很不公平!
I don’t know. That doesn’t seem fair, fellas.
我是说 这场戏若没我的配合哪成
I mean, the whole setup only works if I play along, right?
若我不说谁绑了我?
If I don’t let on that I know who kidnapped me.
没错啊
Well, yes, that’s right.
如果我说出名字呢?
What if I name names?
如果我说出真♥相♥呢?
If I just tell the truth.
Uh…
我想你不会 Whitlock先生
I don’t think you’ll do that, Mr. Whitlock.
如果我们说出Wings as Eagles的真♥相♥呢?
What if we told the truth about On Wings as Eagles?
EDDIE: Sid.
得帮DeeAnna想想办法
We have to work something out for DeeAnna Moran.
她又嫁了吗?
She get married again?
不是 她有了 未婚生子
No, that’s the problem. Having a child, not married.
不好办
Whew. Tough.
是喔 还没爹呢
Yeah, no father.
当然某处有个爹
Well, of course there is one somewhere.
但天知道? 对啊
But who knows? Exactly.
所以呢可否
So is there any way…
只是个提议
I’m just spitballing here.
她是否可以领养自己的孩子?
Any way she could adopt her own child?
有趣喔 单亲…
Interesting. As a single… Mmm-hmm.
让她消失一阵 再回来
She disappears for a while, reappears. Uh-huh.
跟大家分享领养孩子的喜悦
She wants to share her blessings, adopt a child.
可以..她一直渴望做妈妈
Sure. She’s always yearned to be a mother.
就是这样
That’s it.
我觉得有何不可
Well, I don’t see why not.
加州法律没
Nothing in the California statute
禁止父母领养自己的孩子
prohibits adoption by one’s own parent. Mmm-hmm.
这可是创举
This is new ground.
严格来讲 她必须先把孩子送给第三者
Technically, she’d have to give up the baby to a third party.
Joe Silverman.
Joe Silverman 没错
Joe Silverman. Exactly.
让他当几天养父
He’s the foster father for a few days.
再把孩子还给她
She hands the kid to Joe, he hands it back.
我来研究一下
I’ll do some research.
好的
All right.
Mannix先生 五点半了
NATALIE: Mr. Mannix, it’s 5:30.
真令人兴奋
This is exciting.
…问过所有副导演了 其中一个
…and asked all of the assistant directors, and one of them said
说有个临时演员在Sestimus院子里鬼鬼祟祟的
that an extra in the courtyard of Sestimus Amydias seemed jumpy.
好 把那个临时演员的名字跟Walt说 让Walt逼他
All right. Get Walt the name of the extra so he can bring him in and sweat him.
跟他说 如果说出Baird在哪 就不告他
Walt should tell him that we won’t press charges if he tells us where Baird’s been taken.
明白
NATALIE: Check.
如果他装傻 或那副导搞错了 再找其他临时演员
And if he plays dumb, or the AD’s wrong and he is dumb, check the other extras.
明白 Thessaly打来说你答应她今天采访Baird
Check. Thessaly Thacker called, said you promised her an interview with Baird today.
更正一下 是Thora
Check that. It was Thora Thacker.
不 那是Thessaly
No, it’s Thessaly.
跟她说 他去看医生了
Tell her he was at the doctor longer than expected,
明早在片场可以见到他
and she can see him on the set bright and early tomorrow.
明白 最后这句是真的吗?
Check. And is that last part true?
这最好是 倒提醒了我
Let’s hope so. Oh, that reminds me.
给我”Wings as Eagles”全部
I need a list of everyone who worked on
还在职的名单
On Wings as Eagles who’s still at the studio.
Wings as Eagles有段时间了
On Wings as Eagles? That’s a while ago now.
除了Baird跟导演谁会有 不会是很长的名单
Aside from Baird and the director, it won’t be a long list.
好 把名单给我 还有事吗?
Yeah. Get it for me. That it?
是的 还有一件:
Uh, no. One more thing.
有位Cuddahy先生来电
A Mr. Cuddahy called,
说你认识他 是 是
said you know him. Yeah, yeah.
说有要事见你
He said it’s urgent, he’ll see you one last time,
建议你今晚七点在老地方见
suggested same place, 7:00 this evening.
为什么? 别管了
Why? Never mind.
好吧 跟他说我会去
Okay, tell him I’ll be there.
去你家?
CAD: Back to your place?
实在太无聊了
WOMAN: What a bore.
你好啊 CC
Hello, C.C.
我想我们还是去…
I rather thought we might go to Lake…
嗨 Eddie
Oh, hi, Eddie.
可以看看”Merrily We Dance”吗?
Wanna lace up what you got on Merrily We Dance?
正在做 我要配些音乐
It’s up now. I’ll put some music on it.
计程车!
CAD: Taxi!
去你家?
Back to your place?
多无聊
What a bore.
去Onondaga湖度周末吧
I rather thought we might go to Lake Onondaga for the weekend.
就我们俩
Just the two of us.
我没带行李 留在你家玄关了
Don’t have my valise. I left it in your foyer.
没换衣服不会死啦
Oh, you’ll get by without a change.
没事
Suits me.
只要你不介意从你自己的派对上溜走 Allegra
If you don’t mind skipping out on your own party, Allegra.
没事
Suits me.
还要从Monty身边溜走
And skipping out on Monty.
也没事
That suits me as well.
喔 可怜的Monty
Oh, poor Monty.
Monty可不知道…
What Monty doesn’t know…
那就不会伤到Monty
Won’t hurt Monty.
喔 Monty
DIERDRE: Oh, Monty.
过来沙发跟我坐
Come join me on the divan.
看来Allegra不来了 真是无聊阿
It seems Allegra’s a no-show, which is simply a bore.
但 我可以…
But I’ll…
快按倒带…
Reverse.
快按倒带
Reverse! Reverse!
Whoa!
Whoa!
我不该戴围巾的
I shouldn’t wear scarves.
看来Allegra不来了 真是无聊阿
It seems Allegra’s a no-show, which is simply a bore.
但我可以陪你打桥牌
But I’ll partner you in bridge.
你干嘛摆臭脸?
Why the pout?
很复杂的
It’s complicated.
真高兴又看到你 Mannix先生
How pleasant to see you again, Mr. Mannix.
多谢你又回来 Mannix
Thanks for coming back, Mannix.
当然
EDDIE: Sure.
你可把我们逼得豁出去了 不是吗?
You’re taking us down to the wire, aren’t ya?
这可不是耍技俩 这是重大抉择
It’s not a ploy, it’s a big decision.
当然!没关系
Absolutely. No foul.
今天下午没能说服你 董事会很在意
But the board was concerned when I couldn’t give them a yes this afternoon,
所以授权我呢
so they authorized me to say this.
只要你在十年合同上签字
You sign on, your term of contract is 10 years.
没错 你知道的 对吧?
Yeah. You get it, right?
就是说你拿到股票选择权
That means your stock options are guaranteed to vest.
如果你在合约期满后退休你就不用再工作了
You’d never have to work again if you chose to retire after your term.
考虑一下
Think about it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!