这可是终身职位
Lifetime employment.
不用像现在帮人打工
You wouldn’t be a glorified working stiff like you are now,
你将经营一个事业 而非一个马戏团
and you’d be running a business, not a circus.
喝点什么?
Drink?
烟呢?
Cigarette?
不了 我得走了
No, no. I gotta run.
我得跟我老婆谈谈
I should talk this over with my wife.
当然 该跟家人谈谈
Of course. Talk it over, think about your family,
明早跟我说
let us know in the morning.
Oh!
就当这是贿赂
If you think this is a bribe, you’re absolutely right.
你有两小孩吧 一男一女?
You have two kids, right? A boy and a girl?
没错
That’s right.
他们会喜欢的 他们以前喜欢火车
They love this stuff. Used to be trains.
你好 Hobie
CARLOTTA: Hello, Hobie.
喔 你好 Carlotta
Oh, hello, Carlotta.
我迟到了吗?
Am I late?
不 没关系
Oh, no, it ain’t nothin’.
谢谢你和我一起拍戏
Thanks an awful bunch for coming to this picture with me.
不知你喜不喜欢家畜 但我想要点时间适应 我很喜欢
I don’t know if you like livestock, but I think it’s got moments, I really do.
你真漂亮
You look very purty.
谢谢 Hobie
Thank you, Hobie!
我一定会喜欢这部片子
I’m sure I’ll like the picture.
你的片子我都喜欢
I like all of your pictures.
我也喜欢你的
Well, I like yours, too.
他们是最疯狂的事情
They are just the craziest things.
头上顶着香蕉跳舞不容易吧?
Uh, is it hard to dance with all them bananas on your head?
没啥 谁都会
Oh, no. Anyone can do it.
主要靠下半身 嘴唇 眼睛和大腿
It’s all in the hips and the lips and the eyes and the thighs.
小Eddie要我跟你提提他的棒球赛
Little Eddie wanted me to tell you about his baseball game.
他们赢了
They won.
太棒了
That is terrific.
我忘了打给教练
Gosh, I never called the coach.
Eddie是游击手吗?
Eddie played at shortstop?
他打得很好 他想留在那
Mmm. And he did so well, he wants to stay there now.
太好了
That’s great.
问题解决了
Took care of itself.
Darlene的西班牙语考试考得很好
And Darlene did very well on her Spanish test.
太好了 她一直在担心说
That’s good. She was worried about that.
谢谢你帮我煮的热饭 亲爱的
Hey, thanks for heating up the roast, hon.
要热牛奶吗?
Warm glass of milk?
不了 谢谢 我要咖啡
Uh, no, thanks, hon. Coffee.
我要赶回片场
I gotta run back to the studio.
有要事要处理
A few things to take care of.
天阿 又要加班啦
Gee, another late night. Hmm.
知道吗 洛克希的开出更好的条件
You know, Lockheed improved their offer.
薪水高 也不会像现在那么忙
Darned good money, and the hours wouldn’t be crazy like this either.
有人要你是好事
It’s nice to be wanted.
那当然 但…
Yeah. Sure, but…
你怎么想? 他们要我明天回覆
What do you think? They wanna know tomorrow.
我喜欢工作时间短点
I like the shorter hours.
可是你怎么想 亲爱的? 你自己清楚
But what do you think, honey? You know best.
Hmm.
戒烟戒的怎么样了啊?
How’s it going with the smoking, dear?
你知道啊…
Oh, you know…
洛杉矶的人们不是已经开始夜生活或入睡了
The denizens of Los Angeles make ready for nightlife, or for sleep.
但Eddie两者都没
But Eddie Mannix will have neither.
即便是在马里布海滩 太阳也已下山
Even in westerly Malibu, the sun has moved on,
徒留辽阔而不知疲倦的大海
leaving the vast and tireless sea
盲目地拍打海岸
to heave itself blindly upon the shore.
共♥产♥党们正享受少有的优闲
The communists welcome a rare moment of leisure.
抗争中短暂的休息
Brief surcease from struggle.
Baird Whitlock成了他们的信徒
Baird Whitlock has become their acolyte,
追随他们的信念 他的信念强烈而非勉强
a convert to their cause, his belief compelled but not grudging.
他渴望从博士那学到更多
He now seeks to learn more from Professor Marcuse
好全力投入这项事业
and becomes ever more committed to the quest to hasten an end to history
促成人类历史终结 早日再创新人类
and bring on the New Man.
这正是我要说的
Herb, that’s exactly what I’m talking about.
我和Danny在Reno发生的事
That’s what happened to me when I went to Reno with Danny Kaye,
他要我帮他替背上的毛!
and he asked me to shave his back.
同样的事!
The exact same thing.
我在想 谁会从中获利?
Because I’m thinking, “Who benefits?”
另外 大家都认为Danny是个混♥蛋♥
Also, I gotta tell ya, everybody thinks that Danny is a jerk.
其实他不是
He’s not really a jerk.
那不过是种观点 带出的反向观点罢了
It’s just the theory generating its own anti-theory.
不管 我们俩 就我和Danny
Anyway, there we were, it’s me and Danny,
我在想 我这是在干嘛? 手里竟拿把剃刀
and I’m wondering what the hell am I doing with a razor in my hand.
他说这是为了一部Norman的电影
And he says it’s for a Norman Taurog picture.
但朱蒂也在场 她认识Norman
But Judy Canova is there, and she knows Norman.
她说Danny不是在拍Norman的戏
She says, “Danny’s not doing a Norman Taurog picture.
他只是要你帮他剃毛
He just wants you to shave his back!
获利的就是他
And that’s who benefits.
再另一个较有生气的地方 聚集了一群夜生活的人
In livelier precincts, the swells of Dreamland gather to inspect
检视着一块已然织成的丝娟柔纱
the completed weave of another piece of gossamer.
另一部电影 对终日辛劳的人类来说
Another movie, another portion of balm
不啻为一剂缓解痛苦的良药
for the ache of a toiling mankind.
她在哪?
CURLY: Where is she?
别发脾气 我在这呢
Hold your horses, I’m right here.
你在想什么 Curly?
What’s on your mind, Curly?
其实不能怪我
CURLY: It’s not my fault you saw me take
我把那块派从窗台拿走
that pie off the sill, Ms. McGraw.
不怪你? 那怪谁 Curly?
Not your fault? Whose fault was it, Curly?
要怪喔…都怪那懒月亮!
Why, that crazy, lazy full moon!
要是早两星期 你就看不到我偷派了
Two weeks ago, you’d never seen me take it.
该死的月亮 有啥屁用
Darn you, moon! What good are you anyway?
我还不知道有这段
Don’t know about this part.
唱歌♥这场戏他们要我一次过
They only give me one shot at the song.
真希望没有月亮
I wish there never was no moon.
也希望没有霸道的老女人
I wish there weren’t no bossy old women!
别怪月亮 Curly 它只会发亮
Don’t blame that moon, Curly. She can’t do nothin’ but shine.
懒月亮 一直亮着
Lazy ol’ moon, keep shinin’
可恶
Darn you.
你再也没机会
HOBIE: Shinin’ down on me
举发我Curly Strimlin 啦
You turned Curly Strimlin in to the authorities for the last time!
懒月亮 一直亮着
HOBIE: Lazy ol’ moon, keep shinin’
一如往常
Shinin’ just to be
在那古老的农场我曾漫步游荡
On that ol’ plantation where I used to roam
照亮疲惫的我的归途
Light my weary way back home
可恶 它去哪了?
Darn! Where’d she go?
懒月亮 一直亮着
HOBIE: Lazy ol’ moon, keep shinin’
月光洒在我身
Shinin’ down for me
在城市的另一角 另一组角色正要上演
Another part of town, another cast of characters,
Eddie要执行另一个任务
another task for Eddie Mannix.
我们刚开始
We’re just getting started.
我们刚要为DeeAnna解释
I’ve been taking DeeAnna through this.
Joe曾
So Joe has done
帮我们干过不少好事
just a whole lot of good work for us in the past.
只要我们需要公♥证♥人或者第三者
Whenever we’ve needed a witness or a third party for…
或者陈述委屈及离间感情
I don’t know, a petition of grievance or alienation of affection.
他可靠吗? –
And he’s reliable?
我是有担♥保♥的 小姐
I’m bonded, miss.
Joe是我们所知地球上最可靠的人
Joseph Silverman is the most reliable human being on the planet in our experience.
那次克雷格酒驾撞到人
When Chubby Cregar was intoxicated and hit that pedestrian on Gower,
我们立马把车转到Joe名下
we had the vehicle title transferred to Joe’s name,
让Joe关了六个月
and Joe did six months in LA County lockup.
你现在没喝酒了吧?
But you’re off the sauce now?
从不喝酒 那只是法律上作假
I never touch it. It was a legal fiction.
没错
That’s right.
每当公♥司♥需要某个符合法律标准的…
When the studio needs someone who meets the legal standard of, uh…
Sid 该怎么说呢
How did you put it, Sid?
那个人
Personhood.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!