Thank you. Okay, okay.
谢谢 好的 好的
Let’s go in.
我们进去
Things are very slow at the shop. How are things at the hotel?
商店的生意不景气 饭店情况怎么样?
Very busy. Many people visiting the gorillas.
很忙 很多人来看暴徒
A lot of foreign press arriving for the peace acc…
很多外国记者为和平协定而来…
What? There are soldiers.
怎么了? 有士兵
Where? On the street.
哪儿? 就在路上
I’ll go see what’s happening. It’s all right.
我去看看怎么回事 没事儿
We know you are Tutsi. Please, sir, this is my husband.
我们知道你是图西族的 求求你了 先生 他是我丈夫
He’s just a gardener. He’s been spying for the rebels.
他只是个园丁 他替反叛分子当间谍
No, we do not know any rebels. You will come with us!
不 我们不认识反叛分子 你跟我们走!
No, we are telling the truth. We do not know any…
不 我们说的都是实话 我们不认识…
What is it? Shut up!
怎么了? 别出声!
Tatiana, go back in the house. You must go back.
塔莎娜 回屋里去 你快回去
You mustn’t be out here. It’s Victor.
你别出来 是维克托
No, Captain, you see…
别 上校 你看…
It’s not me. It’s not me. Captain, Captain.
不是我 不是我 上校 上校
Why are you taking him away? Please, please.
为什么带他走? 求求你了 求求你了
I know, I know, but it’s not me. You Tutsi fuckers.
我知道 我知道的 但不是我干的 你们这帮图西族白痴
No! No!
不! 不!
We must do something.
我们得想想办法
Do what? Call someone.
想什么办法? 叫人
I’m not going. I’m not going.
我不去 我不去
No!
别!
Get him in the truck. Now!
带到车上去 马上!
We must do something.
我们得想想办法
Please help him!
求求你帮帮他!
Oh, Victor!
噢 维克托!
Victor!
维克托!
There is nothing we can do.
我们无能为力
You must stay the night, Thomas. Yes.
你今晚不能走 托马斯 好的
No!
不!
Why would they arrest Victor?
他们为什么抓维克托?
He has no politics.
他没从事过政治活动啊
He’s a gardener. Who knows, Tatsi?
他是园丁 谁知道 塔莎?
Who knows?
谁知道?
Someone who didn’t like him denounced him as a rebel spy.
有人看不惯他 就说他替反叛分子当间谍
Happens all the time now.
一直有这种事发生
Maybe you could call one of your contacts in the army.
或许你可以联系一下军队里的熟人
It wouldn’t help.
没用的
You could ask as a favor.
你可以让他帮帮忙
No, I could not.
不 我不
Tatsi, all day long I work to please this officer,
塔莎 我整天都在取悦于这个军官
that diplomat, some tourist, to store up favors
那个外交官 一些旅游的人 就是为了得到他们的支持
so if there is a time when we need help,
要是当”我们”需要帮助时
I have powerful people I can call upon.
我能找到能起作用的人
But Victor was a good neighbor.
可维克托是个好邻居啊
He is not family. Family is all that matters.
他不是我的家人 家人才是至关重要的
Please, please, leave these things to my good judgment.
拜托 拜托 这件事就按我说的办
This assignment is bullshit.
这个安排简直是胡扯
Come on. A few days in a nice hotel, no one shooting at us?
拜托 在上等饭店呆着 就没人能伤害我们了?
Gentlemen, welcome to the Mille Collines.
先生们 欢迎光临米尔·科林斯饭店
I am Paul Rusesabagina, the house manager.
我是保罗·卢斯赛伯吉纳 客房经理
How you doing? Nice to meet you.
你好吗? 很高兴见到您
Anything that you need, please find me.
有任何需要 和我说便是
Thank you. Certainly.
谢谢 应该的
So, what is the actual difference between a Hutu and a Tutsi?
那胡图族人和图西族人有什么区别?
According to the Belgian colonists, the Tutsis are taller and more elegant.
按照比利时殖民者的说法 图西族人更高 且举止更为优雅
It was the Belgians that created the division.
是比利时人区分的
How?
怎么讲?
They picked people, those with thinner noses, lighter skin.
他们把鼻子较窄的 皮肤较白的人挑出来
They used to measure the width of people’s noses.
他们曾经测量所有人鼻子的宽度
The Belgians used the Tutsis to run the country.
比利时人利用图西族人来统治国家
Then when they left, they left the power to the Hutus,
他们离开后 又把政权交给了胡图族人
and of course the Hutus took revenge
当然胡图族人由于被镇压多年
on the elite Tutsis for years of repression.
便对图西族的政界要人采取了报复行为
Am I telling the truth, Paul?
我说的对吗 保罗?
Yes, unfortunately. Please take this to the general.
是的 很不幸的遭遇 请把这个给将军
Benedict is our finest journalist in Kigali, an expert on the subject.
本尼迪克特是基加利最好的记者 这方面的专家
So what are you, Paul?
那你是哪个族的 保罗?
I am Hutu.
我是胡图族
Gentlemen.
先生们
More champagne? More champagne would be nice.
再来点香槟? 很不错 再来点香槟吧
Excuse me, honey. Can I ask you a personal question?
抱歉 宝贝 能问个私人问题吗?
Are you a Hutu or a Tutsi? I am Tutsi.
你是胡图族还是图西族? 我是图西族
And your friend? Tutsi? No, I am Hutu.
你朋友呢? 也是图西族? 不 我是胡图族
They could be twins.
还能是双胞胎
Get the camera. The general’s going to give us an interview.
去拿摄像机 将军要接见我们
Okay.
好的
I’m in room 22. I’d love to finish up this conversation.
我住22号房 我想和你继续聊聊
Senior U.N. Officers claim that the Rwandan army is secretly training
联合国高级军官声称 卢旺达秘密组织了武装力量
and arming the Hutu militia called the Interhamwe.
将胡图族民兵装备为部落民兵
I put this claim to the head of the armed forces, General Bizimungu.
就这项声明 我采访了 武装力量的领袖比齐蒙戈将军
No. No, we have not been training the militia.
不 不 我们从未训练民兵
The U.N. Are mistaken in this accusation.
联合国对此表示指责是错误的
Do you support your president’s agreement to make peace with the rebels?
你赞成总统和反叛分子签署和平协定吗?
The president has the full support of the army.
全军上下都支持总统的决定
That peace agreement will be signed today in Tanzania
图西族叛军和哈比亚利马纳总统
between Tutsi rebel forces and President Habyarimana.
将于今天在坦桑尼亚签署和平协定
This is a great day for Rwanda
对于卢旺达 对于整个非洲来说
and for all of Africa.
都是不寻常的一天
Negotiation has replaced confrontation…
谈判取代了双方的对峙状态
Paul, have a drink.
保罗 来喝一杯
Friendship has replaced fear.
友谊取代了恐慌
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a live feed
女士们先生们 我们为和平协定的签署
to the signing of the peace agreement.
准备了丰盛的午餐
To our president. May he find peace.
为我们的总统先生干杯 希望他能重现和平
May we all find peace.
希望所有人都和平共处
Let us all dedicate ourselves to nurturing this hard earned accord.
愿我们大家都致力于维护这来之不易的协定
To peace!
为和平干杯!
Peace!
为和平干杯!
Look me up if you come over. Yes, it is a beautiful city.
你来的话 别忘了来我这儿 好的 这是个美丽的城市
I am planning on returning there as… Forgive me.
我正打算回去—真抱歉
Thank you. Bye. Thomas.
谢谢 拜 托马斯
Hello, Fedens. Paul.
你好 费登丝 保罗
Well, this is a surprise.
呃 这真让人吃惊
Forgive us, Paul. We must talk.
抱歉 保罗 我们得谈谈
Yes, what’s wrong?
好啊 怎么了?
I have it from a very reliable source, Paul.
据可靠消息称 保罗
Who?
谁?
Thank you, Sullivan.
谢谢 萨利文
My assistant, the Hutu Power man.
我的助手 胡图族的人
He says that we must get out now, that soon it’ll be very bad.
他说我们必须立刻离开这儿 形势马上就会变得很糟糕
Give me this man’s name.
这人叫什么名字
Please, Paul, even though he is Interhamwe, he’s a friend.
拜托 保罗 尽管他是部族民兵 但他是朋友
He wants your job, Thomas.
他是想要你的工作 托马斯
He said that there is a signal.
他说有个信号
It is “Cut the tall trees. ”
即”砍掉高的树木”
And when they hear this signal, the militia are to go to war.
一旦听到这个讯号 民兵就会投入战斗
Paul, please, let us take Tatiana with us.
保罗 求求你了 让塔莎娜和我们走吧
You are Hutu. You will be safe.
你是胡图族 你会很安全的
Fedens, I know you have heard many things.
费登丝 我知道你听到了很多传言
And I know what we have seen, Thomas.
我也知道我们看到的状况 托马斯
But please, the United Nations are here now.
但是拜托 联合国的人现在在这儿
The world press are watching.
世界各地的记者都保持着关注
The peace has been signed. Let this process work…
和平协定也都签署了 这个进程…
What was that?
怎么了?
Power cuts.
停电了
We are running on generators.
我们会自行发电的
Fedens…
费登丝…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!