And I’m delighted to meet you finally in person, Dr. Grant.
格兰特博士 非常高兴终于亲眼见到你了
Mr. Hammond… I can see that my…
哈蒙德先生 看来我每年5万美元的投资
fifty thousand dollars a year has been well spent.
没有白费
Okay, who’s the jerk?
这混蛋是谁
This is our paleobotanist, Doctor… Sattler.
这是我们的古植物学家… 斯特勒
Ellie, this is Mr. Hammond.
埃莉 这位是哈蒙德先生
Sorry about the dramatic entrance, Dr. Sattler…
斯特勒博士 请原谅我的莽撞
Did I say “jerk”? but we’re in a wee bit of a hurry.
我骂了您”混蛋”吗 我们确实有点急
Will you have a drink? We won’t let it get warm.
你要来一杯吗 别让酒热了
Come along. Sit down.
来吧 坐下
Here. Let me… We’ll just get a glass or two.
那么让我 只要拿多两个杯子
No, no, no. I can manage this.
不用不用 我自己来就行了
l know my way around a kitchen.
我对厨房很熟
Now, I’ll get right to the point.
好 我直入正题
l like you… both of you.
我喜欢你们俩
l can tell instantly about people. It’s a gift.
我一眼就能看穿人 这是本人的天赋
l own an island…
我有一座岛屿
off the coast of Costa Rica.
在哥斯达黎加海岸附近
I’ve leased it from the government, and I’ve spent the last five years…
我从政府那租了过来 并且用了最近5年时间
setting up a kind of biological preserve.
建了一片生物保护基地
Really spectacular. Spared no expense.
真的很壮观 不计血本建造
Make the one I’ve got down in Kenya look like a petting zoo.
相比之下 我在肯尼亚建的不过是宠物乐园
And there’s no doubt our attractions will drive kids out of their minds.
毫无疑问我们的景点会让孩子们大开眼界
And what are those?
什么那么吸引人啊
Small versions of adults, honey.
亲爱的 搞不好是小人国
And not just kids, everyone.
不止是小孩 每个人都会喜欢
We’re going to open next year… that is, if the lawyers don’t kill me first.
如果律师告不倒我 我们准备明年就开放
l don’t care for lawyers. Do you?
管他的律师呢! 你觉得呢
We don’t really know any. We don’t know any.
我们都不认识律师 确实不了解
Well, I do, I’m afraid.
我能理解
There’s a particular pebble in my shoe represents my investors.
我的投资商就像我鞋里的沙砾一样麻烦
Says that they insist on outside opinions.
他们非常重视外人的意见
What kind of opinions?
什么样的意见?
Your kind, not to put too fine a point on it.
坦白说 就是你们这样的专家的意见
ln your particular field, you’re the top minds…
在你们那一行 你们是佼佼者
and if I could just persuade you to sign off on the park…
如果我能说服你们为那公园背书
you know, give it your endorsement, maybe even pen a wee testimonial…
就是表示下支持 或许就写份推荐信
l could get back on schedule.
我就能继续运作了
Why would they care what we think?
为什么他们会在乎我们的看法
What kind of park is this?
这是什么公园
It’s right up your alley.
你们一定会喜欢的公园
I’ll tell you what.
要不这么着
Why don’t you come down… just the pair of you… for the weekend.
为什么不来看看呢 就你们俩一起度个周末
I’d love to have an opinion of a paleobotanist as well.
我很乐意听听这位古植物学家的意见
I’ve got a jet standing by at Choteau.
我在喜都有架喷气机
I’m sorry. This is impossible.
我很抱歉 那可不行
We just dug up a new skeleton.
我们刚挖出一具新骨骸
I could compensate you by fully funding your dig.
做为补偿 我全额资助你们的研究…
And this is a very unusual time.
而且这段时间非常特殊
For a further three years.
未来三年的资助
Well…
好吧
Where’s the plane?
飞机在哪呢
Yeah. Okay. Cheers.
我们成交 干杯
Okay.
太好了
Yo! Dodgson!
道格森
You shouldn’t use my name.
别叫我的本名
We’ve got Dodgson here!
道格森在这里
See? Nobody cares.
看 没人在乎
Nice hat.
帽子不错
What are you trying to look like, a secret agent?
你要扮成什么 密探吗
Seven fifty.
七十五万
On delivery, 50,000 more for each viable embryo.
算上运费 每个胚胎另加5万
That’s 1 .5 million
如果这岛上的15个物种你全要的话
if you get all 15 species off the island.
总共150万
Oh, I’ll get them all. Remember… viable embryos.
好的 我全要了 记着 是活的胚胎
They’re no use to us if they don’t survive.
死了就没用了
How am I supposed to transport them?
我要怎么运啊
The bottom screws open.
把底部拧开
That’s great. Oh, God.
太好了 天哪
It’s cooled and compartmentalized inside.
里面被冷却和分装好了
You guys… Oh, that’s great.
你这家伙 太棒了
Customs can even check it if they want to.
还可以让海关查对
Let me see. Go on.
让我看看 试试看
Enough coolant inside for 36 hours. No menthol?
冷冻剂够维持36小时 不用薄荷醇吗
The embryos have to be back here in San Jose by then.
胚胎必须及时送回圣何塞
That’s up to your guy on the boat.
那要看你们在船上的表现了
7:00 tomorrow night on the east dock. Make sure he gets it right.
明晚七点东码头 确保他准时到
How are you planning to beat security?
你打算怎么躲过安全检查
I’ve got an 18 minute window.
我搞到18分钟的空档
Eighteen minutes and your company catches up on ten years of research.
18分钟就让你公司科研进步10年
Don’t get cheap on me, Dodgson.
道格森 别小气
That was Hammond’s mistake.
都是哈蒙德不好
So you two dig up dinosaurs?
你俩是挖恐龙的吗
Well…
这个嘛
We try to.
正在尝试
You’ll have to get used to Dr. Malcolm.
你得习惯马尔科姆博士
He suffers from a deplorable excess of personality…
他个性有缺陷
especially for a mathematician.
特别是以一个数学家来说
Chaotician, actually. John doesn’t subscribe to chaos…
其实是混沌学家 约翰不吃混沌学那套
particularly what it has to say about his science project.
特别是用以解释他的科学宏图
Codswallop, lan.
得了吧 兰
You’ve never been able to sufficiently explain your concerns about the island.
岛上的事你就没解释清楚过
Because of the behavior of the system in phase space?
因为这系统的行为只不过是假想?
A load, if I may say so, of fashionable number crunching.
什么混沌学 不过是一堆时髦数字游戏
ls not. I do wish you wouldn’t do that.
才不是 别乱来
Dr. Sattler, Dr. Grant, you’ve heard of chaos theory?
斯特勒和格兰特两位博士 你们听过混沌学吗
No? Nonlinear equations?
没听过? 非线性方程呢
Strange attractors?
奇异吸引子呢
Dr. Sattler, I refuse to believe…
斯特勒博士 我不信…
that you aren’t familiar with the concept of attraction.
你不了解吸引力的意思
l bring scientists, you bring a rock star.
我带来的是科学家 你带来个摇滚明星
There it is.
到了
Bad wind shears. We have to drop pretty fast, so hold on…
风速太强 我们会急降 抓稳了
’cause it can be just a little thrilling.
因为可能会有些颠簸
You need that piece over there, and that piece…
你得用那个扣子 然后把…
We’ll have landed by the time you get it right.
得 等你弄好我们已经着陆了
Come along.
来吧
The full 50 miles of perimeter fence are in place?
50英里长的护篱筑好了吗
And the concrete moats, and the motion sensor tracking systems.
还有水泥壕沟 行动侦测系统一切就位
Donald, dear boy, relax. Try and enjoy yourself.
亲爱的唐纳德 放松点 尽情享受吧
Let’s get something straight,John. This is not a weekend excursion.
丑话先说在前头 这可不是周末度假
This is a serious investigation of the stability of the island.
而是一次严肃的安全性调查
Your investors, whom I represent, are deeply concerned.
我所代表的资方 非常关心这个问题
Forty eight hours from now, if they’re not convinced, I’m not convinced.
48小时内 如果你不能说服我们
I’ll shut you down, John.
那么这个公园只能停工
In 48 hours, I’ll be accepting your apologies.
48小时内 你会向我道歉的
All right, slow down here. Stop, stop, stop.
好了 慢点开 停下 快停下来
This shouldn’t be here.
不应该在这里的
Alan, this species of veriforman’s been extinct…since the Cretaceous period.
艾伦 这物种在白垩纪就已经灭绝了
This thing is extinct. What?
灭绝了已经 怎么了
Look at that.
看啊
It’s… It’s a dinosaur.
真是恐龙啊
You did it.
你做到了
You crazy son of a bitch, you did.
你这疯狂的混蛋 还真做到了
We could just tear up the rule book on coldbloodedness.
我们可以把冷血动物法则的书撕掉了
It doesn’t apply. They’re totally wrong.
完全不适用 完全错了
This is a warm blooded creature. This thing doesn’t live in a swamp.
这是温血动物 它根本不是生活在沼泽
The thing’s got a 25, 27 foot neck?
这家伙的脖子有25还是27英尺长?
Brachiosaur? Thirty.
腕龙? 30英尺
We’re gonna make a fortune with this place.
这地方会让我们发大财

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!