亨廷顿·哈特福德是 A & P 财产的继承人
Huntington Hartford is heir to the A & P fortune.
他随便动动笔就能解决你的财政问题
He can solve your financial problems with the stroke of a pen.
我不会去乞求的,麦克
I won’t beg, Mac.
我不会去祈求别人的
I won’t beg.
俄亥俄州不允许女人为男人口♥交♥但是允许男人为女人舔♥阴♥
Ohio deplores fellatio but tolerates cunnilingus.
然而在我的老家印第安纳州…
Whereas in my home state of Indiana…
所有的动嘴的性行为都是违法的,即使是夫妻之间
all forms of oral sex are illegal, even within marriage.
嗯,现在的性法律对于现实社会完全不沾边
Mmm. The current sex laws are completely out of touch with the real world.
我曾经有过四个老婆
I’ve had four wives.
有人说这是我成为一个性犯罪者
Some people say that makes me a sex offender.
亨特, 如果你总是打断金塞教授…
Well, Hunt, if you keep interrupting Dr. Kinsey…
你就会找到第五个老婆
you’re going to have to find a fifth.
请继续
Please go on.
现在,43个州的法令对于通奸进行惩罚
Even now, 43 states will punish a single act of adulterous intercourse.
我想要建立一个博物馆
I’m thinking of building a museum.
金塞教授,你对现代艺术有什么看法?
What’s your opinion of modern art, Dr. Kinsey?
哈特福德先生,这不是我的专业
It’s not my area of expertise, Mr. Hartford.
我真的不认为我合适谈论着方便的东西
I really don’t consider myself qualified to discuss it.
哦,为什么呢?
Well, why not?
因为我拥有几家超♥市♥…
Just because I own some supermarkets…
并不代表我可以谈论杂货
that doesn’t mean I’m only capable of talking about groceries.
哦,你是不是跟我一样痛恨现代艺术?
Oh. Do you hate modern art as much as I do?
波形曲线、空洞的油画、白商家白
Squiggly lines, empty canvases, white on white.
所以,下一本书将关于性犯罪?
So, the next book will deal with sex offenders?
我们需要资金,哈特福德先生
We need money, Mrs. Hartford.
我们…
We–
我们需要某人出钱资助我们
We need someone to give us money.
你不知道我们要忍♥耐一切…
You have no idea what I’ve had to endure…
来得到其他科学家的认同
just to obtain the same rights other scientists take for granted.
我的资金被削减…
My funding has been slashed…
我的名字被这个国家内的…
…and my name has been dragged through the mud…
所有报纸和杂♥志♥诋毁
in every newspaper and magazine across this country.
我挣的每一块钱… 离我远点!
Every dollar I’ve ever earned has- Leave me alone!
我挣的每一块钱都用在这个项目上
Every dollar I’ve ever made has gone back into the project.
可是这次对海关的案子花费了我们非常大量的资金 我们现在面临破产了
But fighting this customs case has cost us an appalling amount. We’re broke.
金塞教授… – 拜托了…
Dr. Kinsey– – Please.
我不知道我还剩下多少时间
I’m not even sure how much time I have left.
帮帮我,我必须要把这一切都记录下来
Help me. I have to get it all on the record.
呃,我很抱歉
Well, I’m very sorry.
任何我给予的支持都会被误解为对性的认可
Any support I give might be misconstrued as an endorsement of sex.
我可承受不了那样的曝光
I can’t afford that kind of exposure.
我明白了
I see.
我相信会有人捐助的
But I’m sure something will come through.
你是对的,富人们都是思想懒惰
You’re right. Rich people have lazy minds.
他们连找个水杯都需要五分钟
Took them five minutes to find a water glass.
我带你去医院 – 恩 恩
I’m taking you to the hospital. – Mm-mm. Mm-mmm.
不,我不想再卧病在床了
No. No more beds.
我整个童年都躺在病床上
I spent my whole childhood lying in bed.
我们回医院吧,麦克
Let’s go back to the hotel, Mac.
我想在早上拿到一些临床实例
I wanna pick up a few histories in the morning.
我们结婚23年,有了3个孩子
We’d been married for 23 years, with three marvelous children.
当我最小的孩子离开我去上大学之后…
And as soon as my youngest left to go to college…
我在一个艺术基金会找了份工作
I took a job in an arts foundation.
在那里我遇到了一个女人…
I met a woman there–
一个秘书
secretary in the grants office.
我们成为了朋友,而且…
We became fast friends, and…
不久之后我就爱上了她
before long, I fell in love with her.
嗯,你可以想象,这确实令人吃惊
Hmm. This came as quite a shock, as you might imagine.
我越是想摆脱它…
The more I tried to ignore it…
它的感觉就越来越强烈
the more… powerful it became.
你不会理解…
You have no idea…
这种感觉,你的理智…
what it’s like to have your own thoughts…
跟你的意愿相对
turn against you like that.
我不能跟任何人说…
I couldn’t talk to anyone about my situation…
所以我找到了其他的解决方法
so I found other ways to cope.
呃,我开始酗酒
Uh, I took up drinking.
最后,我丈夫离开了我
Eventually, my husband left me.
甚至我的孩子都离开了我
Even my children fell away.
我几乎走到了尽头
I came very close to… ending it all.
这又让我想起了这个社会的…
It’s just another reminder of how little…
进步是多么的缓慢
things have changed in our society.
你在说什么? 一切都好多了
What are you talking about? Things have gotten much better.
哦?怎么了?
Oh? What happened?
为什么,当然是你做到的
Why, you did, of course.
当我看了你的书以后,我意识到…
After I read your book, I realized…
有很多其他的女人跟我一样
how many other women were in the same situation.
我才鼓起勇气跟朋友谈起这件事…
I mustered the courage to talk to my friend…
然而令我吃惊的是,她告诉我…
and she told me, to my great surprise…
她也有相同的感觉
that the feelings were mutual.
我们在一起已经快乐的生活了3年了
We-We’ve been together for three happy years now.
你拯救了我一生,先生
You saved my life, sir.
只有,呃,一个问题
Just, uh, one more question.
你刚刚告诉了我你的过去的一切…
You’vejust told me your entire history–
童年,家庭,事业…
childhood, family, career…
所有和你发生过关系的人…
every person you’ve ever had sex with–
可是你从未提到过爱
but there hasn’t been a single mention of love.
因为爱情根本没办法估量
That’s because it’s impossible to measure love.
而且你也知道,没有测量就没有科学
And as you know, without measurements, there can be no science.
我最近关于这个问题想了很多
But I’ve been thinking a lot about the problem lately.
哦,问题?
Oh. Problem?
当触及爱情,事情就复杂了
When it comes to love, we’re all in the dark.
所以你认为这个有关系?
So,you do think it matters?
我们的飞机要多久,麦克?
What time’s our flight, Mac?
几个小时
Not for a couple of hours.
我们在树林里面停一下
Let’s stop in the woods.
麦克?
Mac?
我在这里,金教.
I’m right here, Prok.
想象一下…
Just imagine…
这些树木都有千年之久
these trees are over a thousand years old.
他叫:常青树…
Hence the name: Sequoia sempervirens–
永远都是绿的,永远都是生机勃勃的
always green, always alive.
麦克,我跟你提起过 Mbeere?
Mac, did I ever tell you about the Mbeere?
没有,从来没有
No, not that I recall.
在非洲东部有一个古老的部落
They’re an ancient East African tribe.
他们认为树木就是为完成的人…
They believe that trees are imperfect men…
永远在哀叹…
eternally bemoaning their imprisonment–
树根把他们永远锁在一个地方
the roots that keep them stuck in one place.
可是我并没看到过一颗不满足的树
But I’ve never seen a discontented tree.
看这棵树…他的根紧紧地抓在大地上
Look at this one– the way its roots are gripping the ground.
我认为它很喜欢这样
I believe it really loves it.
来啊,麦克
Come on, Mac.
你着什么急?
What’s the hurry?
还有很多事情要做
There’s a lot of work to do.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!