让数以千计的农民走投无路
and confined thousands of impoverished farmers to destitution.
在他的私人海滩上了解到的?
From his private beach?
不 事实是 你的客户出资安排这趟旅程
No. The truth is, your client funded this trip
利诱参议员撤销他的法案
as an inducement for the senator to withdraw his bill.
是否属实 – 完全不对
Isn’t that right? – Not at all.
我的客户是印尼政♥府♥
My client was the Indonesian Government.
但旅行是由环境研究院赞助的
The trip was sponsored by the Institute of Environmental Studies,
隶属非营利组织
a 501 C-3 non-profit organization.
这趟旅行也是提前得到了 参议院道德委员会的批准
Travel was pre-approved by the Senate Ethics Committee.
你的客户曾给这非营利组织捐过款吗
Has your client ever donated to this non-profit?
不知道 我不清楚他们的捐款名单
I wouldn’t know that. I’m not privy to their list of donors.
我也没有资格干预捐款事务
Nor had I any role in arranging funding for this.
没有干预? – 嗯
No role? – Mmm.
你当然没有干预
Of course, you couldn’t have any role
因为参议院道德准则禁止 游说家为国会议员安排海外旅行
because the Senate Ethics rules prevent lobbyists from arranging overseas travel for members of Congress.
是的
Indeed.
你知道这是什么吗
Do you know what this is?
给你一份复印件
Perhaps we can get you a copy.
你熟悉那份表格吗
Are you familiar with that form?
熟悉 是私人赞助认证表
Yes. It’s a Private Sponsor Certification Form.
这正是提交给参议院道德委员会的 私人赞助认证表的复印件
It’s a copy of the same Private Sponsor Certification Form that was submitted to the Senate Ethics Committee
授权杰克参议员去印尼旅行
to pre-authorize Senator Jacobs’ travel to Indonesia.
请看那表格的笔迹 斯隆女士
Look at the handwriting on that form, Miss Sloane.
你认得那个笔迹吗
Do you recognize that handwriting?
认得 – 是你的吗
Yes, I do. – Is it your handwriting?
是的
It is.
看来有问题了
Well, it seems we have a problem.
虽然是由非营利组织签署和提交
Even though the form was signed and filed by the non-profit,
但表格填写人是你
you were the one who filled it out.
这是你安排 国会议员去海外旅游的初步证据
This is prima evidence that you were involved in arranging overseas travel for a member of Congress.
明显违反了参议院道德准则
Constituting a clear breach of Senate Ethics rules.
这就是你的底牌?
Is that your trump card?
把我拖到这里 大掀我的底细
You drag me in here, wedge an endoscope up my posterior,
搞了这么久 唯一足以定罪的东西
and all this time, the only incriminating item
就是一张填错的文件?
you have in your possession is a filing snafu?
那监视行动呢 斯隆女士
How about surveillance, Miss Sloane?
施密特先生作证时表明
Mr. Rodolfo Schmidt has stated in deposition
你计划用窃听的手段
that you intended to use methods such as bugging and tapping
使巴杰利参议员就范 是否属实
to entrap Senator Hank Badgley. ls this true?
我的确有过这种想法
I did, for a brief moment, intend to use such methods.
但从没有付诸行动
But that intention was never acted upon.
为什么 – 因为被施密特先生制止了
And why was that? – Mr. Schmidt expressly forbade it,
如同他作证时跟你说的
as he no doubt told you in his deposition.
但你显然不觉得 那方法有什么不对
But you were clearly comfortable with these methods.
在你的游说生涯中 是否经常使用间谍手段
Did you employ the tactics of espionage regularly throughout your lobbying career?
不 我没有 – 那我换个方式提问
No, I did not. – Then let me ask you this.
你是否曾授权 命令或主导
Have you ever authorized, ordered, or otherwise brought
对任何人实行非法的监视行动?
about any kind of unlawful surveillance on any person?
容我提醒你在国会做伪证
Let me remind you that perjury before Congress
是重罪 – 我的答案是没有
is a felony, which… – The answer is no.
我从未授权非法监视行动
I have never authorized illegal surveillance.
我对证人的提问到此结束
This concludes my questioning of the witness.
谢谢 斯隆女士
Thank you, Miss Sloane.
我们还有一位证人
We have one further witness.
要么你刚做了伪证 要么你确实没用肮脏手段
Either you just perjured yourself, or you’re not so sleazy after all.
传证人罗伯特·弗德先生
The Committee calls Mr. Robert Forde.
这个我没把握
I wouldn’t count on that.
主席先生 我不记得曾被通知传唤…
Mr. Chairman, I don’t recall being notified of your intention to…
我们最近才找到证人 波斯纳先生
We were only recently able to locate the witness, Mr. Posner.
让他来
Let it play.
能让我和客户私下说几句吗
A moment with my client, please?
怎么回事 罗伯特·弗德是谁
What is this? Who’s Robert Forde?
听着 我可以提起公诉…
Look, I can make a public appeal…
赶快开始吧 该死
Let it play, damn it.
他们不达目的 是不会罢休的
They’re going to get it out there one way or another.
弗德先生 请举起右手
Mr. Forde, please raise your right hand.
你是否郑重发誓你句句属实
Do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,
不然就是触犯伪证罪
under pains and penalties of perjury?
我发誓 – 请坐
– I swear. – Please sit.
弗德先生 能否描述你的工作性质
Mr. Forde, could you please describe the nature of your work?
我有很多种工作
I got many jobs.
目前你的主要收入来源是什么
What would you say earns you the most income at present?
我在华盛顿做男伴
I work as an escort in D.C.
你靠陪女人睡觉赚钱吗
You sleep with women for money?
我满足客户的需求 任何需求
I meet the clients’ needs. Whatever they may be.
有时候客户甚至不知道 她们想要什么
Sometimes, the client don’t even know what they need.
我的工作是找出她们的需求
Part of my job’s to figure that out.
但有时候你的工作包含了
But, sometimes, your job entails
收费性服务 对吗
having intercourse for payment?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你是否见过伊莉莎白·斯隆
Have you ever met Elizabeth Sloane?
主席先生 参议院没有权力 打探斯隆女士的私生活
Mr. Chairman, the Senate has no business prying into the personal affairs of Miss Sloane.
招嫖是犯罪行为
Solicitation is a criminal offense.
所以这场听证会有权质问 以便判定斯隆女士是否违法
It’s well within the remit of this hearing to establish whether Miss Sloane has broken any laws.
弗德先生 你是否见过斯隆女士
Mr. Forde. Have you ever met Miss Sloane?
见过
Yep.
可以请你指出她吗
Could you identify her, please?
坐在那儿的就是
Sittin’ right there.
你们之间是什么关系
What was the nature of your relationship?
我和一个客户参加聚会
I was intended a function with a client.
我试着要自我介绍 但她不理我
I tried to introduce myself, but she bucked me off.
弗德先生
Mr. Forde
斯隆女士是否当过你的客户
have you ever entertained Miss Sloane as a client?
没有 先生
No, sir.
我有两位卡弗酒店员工的证词
I can produce sworn statements from two employees of the Carver Hotel,
证明看到斯隆女士在大厅的当天
to the effect that they saw Miss Sloane in the lobby
你 弗德先生 也预订了房♥间
on the same day that you, Mr. Forde, held a reservation there.
我再问一次
I ask again.
你是否曾为了金钱 服务过斯隆女士
Did you entertain Miss Sloane in any capacity, for profit?
没有 先生 我没有
No, sir. I did not.
谢谢你 弗德先生
Thank you, Mr. Forde.
你可以离席了
You’re dismissed.
听证会将于明天结束
These proceedings will conclude tomorrow,
斯隆女士会交由参议院道德委员会 评估她是否违法
when Miss Sloane is referred to the Senate Ethics Committee for their judgment.
不敢相信那些混♥蛋♥会找来那家伙
I can’t believe those fuckers dragged that guy…
罗斯
Ross
我们的老友希顿哈里斯法案怎么样了
How’s our old friend Heaton-Harris?
糟透了 整个话题的热度降至冰点
Comatose. The whole issue’s gone cold.
这就是他们的目的
That is what they wanted.
我们都知道再次炒热的办法
We all know what it would take to revive it.
说真的 来一场地震
Seriously, an earthquake.
我们早就已经越权了
We got closer than we had any right to.
我们明天都会到场
We’ll all be there tomorrow.
斯隆女士
Excuse me, Miss Sloane.
这里 可以说说看法吗
Over here. May I have a comment?
斯隆女士
Miss Sloane.
早上好
Good morning.
在提交证人证词 给国会道德办公室前
Before referring the witness’s testimony to the Office of Congressional Ethics,
她有权进行自我陈述
she is entitled to make a statement.
斯隆女士 你有什么话想说吗
Miss Sloane, is there something you’d like to say?
主席先生 我的客户不想做自我陈述
Mr. Chairman, my client does not wish to make a statement.
很好 我现在宣读 提交至国会道德办公室的证词…
Very well. I will now read the referral to the office of Congressional Ethics…
我有件事想说 参议员
There is something I’d like to say, Senator.
媒体和这场听证会都谴责我是
I have been censured by the press and by this hearing
美国民♥主♥的寄生虫
as a parasite on American democracy.
暗示我发起这场控枪运动的原因 是出于自己的事业利益
It’s insinuated that I led the fight for increased gun regulation in the interest of my career.
但有时候我们行动不是为了自己
Sometimes we act, not for ourselves,
而是单纯相信这是正确的事
but because we believe plainly and simply it is the right thing to do.
斯隆女士 这跟我们的讨论有关吗
Miss Sloane, is this pertinent to the discussions we…
参议员 我有权说想说的话
I understand I have the right to say what I wish, Senator.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!