你现在说的可是勒索美国参议员
You’re talking about blackmailing a United States Senator.
知道被抓到会多惨吗
Have you any idea of the damage if this ever came out?
不会比失去巴杰利来得惨
No more than the damage done if we don’t get Badgley back.
我对你们的出色工作能力没意见
Without prejudice to the undoubtedly stellar job that you guys do.
但我们公♥司♥做事是有原则的
Our firm has certain standards
而我还不想放弃原则
below which I’m not prepared to stoop.
让我出去
Let me out of here.
施密特
Schmidt.
想其他办法
Find another way.
“今日 密歇根州参议员巴杰利非常难堪”
“It was a rude awakening for Michigan Senator, Hank Badgley, today”
“他从家中到办公室的路上”
“as he was tailed from his home ”
“被这辆‘叛徒拖车’尾随在后…”
“to his workplace by this trailer…”
这他妈的是什么情况
What the fuck is that?
“这是主张枪♥支♥安全团队”
“Organized by gun safety campaigners”
“对他立场大翻盘做的回应”
“in response to what they perceive as a U-turn on his support…”
你相信吗 我他妈的不敢相信!
Can you believe… I do not fucking believe!
“暗指他的行为 是叛徒鼠辈政客”
“… conducting his duties in the shadow of a giant rat.”
“他一出家门就沿路被跟…”
“And he was tailed from his home…”
国内新闻台都在播
It’s on all of the national news outlets.
她到底是怎么办到的
How the hell did she manage that?
不是她 他们都是自愿的
She didn’t. They swing left all on their own.
这件事都有推特主题了
It has its own Twitter feed.

Huh?
“叛徒”
The rat.
我觉得整个叛变事件
Really, I think that this whole rat business
只是个小误会
is little more than an unfortunate misunderstanding.
我是参议员中
I was one of the first members of the senate
第一个表态支持希顿哈里斯法案的
to lend my support to Heaton-Harris.
我都在强调这法案
I’ve always maintained that
是公共安全不可或缺的
the Bill is integral to public safety,
我的支持立场从不动摇
and my support for it is unwavering.
由衷希望不要再玩这幼稚游戏
Now, I sincerely hope that we can get past all this silliness…
下周有3位“蓝狗”联盟参议员要开记者会
Three more Blue Dog Senators have press conferences scheduled for next week.
继续强调我们不是要没收枪♥支♥
Keep hammering the point that we’re not arguing for confiscation.
控枪法案的重点是要阻止 – 罪犯和心理变♥态♥
Heaton-Harris is about stopping… – Criminals and psychopaths.
我现在很熟练了 莉兹
Yeah, I’m a pro at this now, Liz.
我们待会儿见
I’ll see you in there.
你什么时候发现有内鬼的
So you knew there was a leak from when?
什么 – 辛西亚
– Sorry? – Cynthia.
你什么时候发现有内鬼的
When did you start to suspect there was a leak?
医生联盟募款晚宴后
Uh, after the UAPD fundraiser.
你找私♥家♥侦♥探♥跟踪她?
And you had her followed by a Pl?
你怎么知道是她
How did you know it was her?
你说什么
Sorry?
内鬼 你监视辛西亚
The leak, you had Cynthia watched.
你怎么知道是她
How did you know it was her?
我不知道
I didn’t.
你监视我们每个人?
You had us all watched?
你好啊
Howdy.
我是卡尔·斯奈德 从事银行业和精算
Cal Sneider, banking and actuarial.
确定见过 但我忘了你的名字
I’m sure we’ve been introduced, but your name escapes me.
不好意思 你认错人了
I’m sorry, you have the wrong person.
确定没有 我很会认脸
I’m pretty sure I don’t. Have a good memory for faces.
这么漂亮的脸我是不会忘的
This one I wouldn’t readily forget.
真的 斯奈德先生
Really, Mr. Sneider,
你一定是认错人了
I’ve no idea who you think I am.
失陪
Excuse me.
你知道我们不该谈这个吧
Uh-huh. You know we’re not really supposed to be having this conversation, right?
半个俄勒冈州是受保护的联邦公园
Half of Oregon is protected Federal parkland.
他们没经营权
They can’t develop it.
州政♥府♥预算都是来自伐木
So, state budgets come from logging revenues.
了解 – 莉兹
– got it… – Liz?
临场准备的方式 绝不会像这样
Whatever clearing your head looks like, this isn’t it.
所以伐木工人是很有影响力的团体
So, loggers are a very influential group.
不好意思 可以帮她化妆吗
Excuse me! Can someone have her makeup done, too, please?
我又不上镜
I’m not a part of this!
你是公众人物
You’re a public figure in a room full of cameras.
她在电♥话♥上吗
IS that her?
莉兹?
Liz?
快叫布莱恩去联♥系♥那些伐木工
Hey, we have to get Bryan on these loggers.
我们马上去处理那些伐木工!
We’re on top of the goddamn loggers!
你就好好准备
Just clear your head!
等一下 – 好好准备 就像我跟你说的
One moment. – Clear your head, like I told you.
你好
Hello?
老天
Jesus.
好吧
Fine.
斯隆女士 欢迎
Ms. Sloane, welcome.
帕特 请坐
Pat. Please, take a seat.
我知道周五是申报日
I know Friday’s Filing Day
你的选战就要结束了
and your campaign will be over,
如果你以为我会手下留情
but if you’re thinking I’m gonna go easy,
那是不可能的
I can’t do that.
这是电视直播 所以注意言词
This is live TV, so no colorful language.
用瞎扯蛋的新工作挖我的人
Bullshit job offers to my staff,
你真是无♥耻♥到新下限了
you’ve plumbed new depths.
那么浮夸的叛徒行动 还敢说我
A giant inflatable rodent? Please.
那女孩的职业生涯都被你毁了
You ruined that girl’s career.
好了 你们两位都别说了
All right, shut up, the both of you.
开始吧
Let’s go!
晚上好美国 我是乔恩·奥尼尔
Hello, America, I’m Jon O’Neill,
欢迎收看《华盛顿周报》特别版
welcome to a special edition of This Week In Washington.
枪!放开或是管制?
Guns! More or Less?
去年共发生372起群众枪击案
There were 372 mass shootings last year,
6♥4♥起校园枪击案
6♥4♥ school shootings,
国家的枪♥支♥数量超过三亿支
and there are over 300 million guns in our country…
你之前跟康纳共事过?
You used to work with Connors?
四年 满口脏话 出其不意
Four years. Foul-mouthed, unexpected,
非常厉害
and very effective.
如果想把背景调查落到实处
If background checks are to be of any use,
就该用在所有枪♥支♥销♥售♥上 不是只有一部分
they should apply to all gun sales, not just some.
这不正是希顿哈里斯法案的诉求吗
Isn’t that what Heaton-Harris is proposing?
没错 这法案会扩大枪♥支♥管制的范围
Precisely. The bill expands the scope of gun regulation,
但也侮辱美国宪法赋予的合法权利
and it’s yet another affront to Americans’ Constitutional rights.
不对 这法案可以填补体制漏洞
No, the bill closes an absurd loophole
阻止可能是恐♥怖♥份♥子♥的人
which allows people on terrorist watch-lists
不经调查就能买♥♥枪
to buy guns without any checks whatsoever.
这是高度集权的政♥府♥
It’s an incursion into individual liberty
对个人自♥由♥的侵犯
by an all-powerful government…
什么啊 那你怎么看驾照 – 驾照?
What, like drivers’ licenses? – Drivers’ licenses?
未通过严格的理论与实践的考试 就开车是违法的
It’s illegal to operate a car without going through rigorous theoretical and practical assessments.
这很明显限制个人… – “河豚厨师”
That’s a clear constraint… – Fugu chefs.
驾车的自♥由♥ – 来吧 你可以的
On the freedom of individuals to drive cars,
或飞行员开飞机的自♥由♥ – 快说“河豚厨师”
– or pilots to fly planes. – Come on. Fugu chefs.
在日本主厨受七年的训练
You know, in Japan, chefs train for seven years
才能料理河豚这种有毒的鱼
before they’re allowed to serve a poisonous blowfish called fug…
跟背景调查有什么关系
What does any of this have to do with background checks?
这是很合理的问题
Is a fair question.
在场有人认为 政♥府♥应该废止驾照吗
Does anyone in this room think the government should abolish drivers’ licenses?
这太荒谬了 – 为什么
– That’s absurd. – Why?
那些都是政♥府♥侵犯个人自♥由♥的行为
They’re a government incursion into individual liberty.
我们接受是因为有理
We accept them because they make sense.
越会造成危险的机器
The more dangerous the machinery,
就越需要严格的操作考试
the more rigorous the tests should be.
可以把危险机器的定义延伸到
I think we can extend our definition of dangerous machinery
半自动武器
to semi-automatic firearms.
只不过宪法的第二修正案
Except that the Second Amendment to the Constitution
并没有保障驾车
doesn’t guarantee the right to drive cars,
或是操作机械 或是料理河豚的权利
or operate machinery or serve blowfish for that matter.
它保障持有枪♥支♥的权利
It guarantees the right to keep and bear arms.
或许你最近忘了复习
Perhaps you haven’t read it lately.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!