福尔顿博士很快就来 大家请坐好
Dr. Fulton will be here shortly, so please be seated.
我们得马上行动
We must act quickly.
你们知道为什么而来…
You all know why you’re here…
跟福尔顿博士商量配方的事
to negotiate with Dr. Fulton for his formula.
投入的金钱,我说出来吧 停止开支
As far as money goes, I say all out, and hang the expense.
是的,但是作为董事会的主席
Yes, but as chairman of your board of directors…
我想指出福尔顿的发明 耗我们的时间
I want to point out that Fulton made his discovery on our time.
我有坏消息告诉你,G.J. 我们没有配方
I’ve got bad news for you, G.J. We do not have the formula.
什么?-昨晚,林藤博士–
What? – Last night, Dr. Lentil…
林藤博士. -林藤博士,福尔顿博士的助手
Dr. Linten. – Dr. Linten, Dr. Fulton’s assistant…
带给我一剂配方,我喝了
brought me a dose of the formula, and I took it.
我说不出来 我多么急切地等结果
I can’t tell you with what eagerness I awaited the results…
但是没有结果
but there were none.
根本就没有反应
No reactions at all.
某某博士带给我的配方 是还没有完成的
The formula that Dr. Thingamabob brought me is incomplete.
如今,肯定有其它……
Now, there must be another ingredient…
他不知道的成分
that he knows nothing about.
福尔顿博士记录下来了……
Dr. Fulton has made no record of it…
他的笔记里没有告诉我们 这是什么
and there’s nothing in his notes to tell us what it is.
没有那个成分,我们无能为力
And without that ingredient, we are helpless.
不能保持完整的纪录 是违反组织的规则的
Failure to keep complete records is against every rule of this organization.
福尔顿知道的. 他在公♥司♥干了10年
Fulton knows that. He’s been an employee for ten years.
可能不是故意失败的
Failure may not have been intentional.
福尔顿跟昨天不同. -不同,肯定不同
Fulton was not himself yesterday. – No, definitely not.
呃,我们希望现在是他自己
Well, let’s hope he’s himself now.
毫无疑问
There’s no doubt about it.
我们在应付一名 健全的成年科学家
We are now dealing with a sane and adult scientist…
我估计没问题
and I anticipate no difficulties.
咦?
Well?
好吧,奥利弗,如果你想的话 就继续吧.你抓主意
All right, Oliver, go ahead if you want to. It’s up to you.
我不知道是什么令他们这样子
I wonder what’s keeping them.
博士,你可以看一下吗? -好的,先生
Doctor, would you mind taking a look? – Yes, sir.
嗯.呃–
Hmm. Uh…
哦,巴纳比,福尔顿太太,进来吧
Oh, Barnaby, Mrs. Fulton, come on in.
嗯,怎么了?不,进来吧
Uh, what’s the matter? No. Come on in.
福尔顿太太,昨晚的事就算了吧
Mrs. Fulton, forget all about last night.
我保证我忘了.进来.是,是
I assure you I have. Come in. – Yes, yes.
你们这些家伙一直在做实验,对吗?
You fellows are always experimenting, aren’t you?
我相信你认识在座的各位
I believe you know everybody here.
是的.来吧.你去那里
Yes. Come on. There you go.
坐下.谢谢
Take a seat. – Thank you.
自便把
Make yourself comfortable.
哦,福尔顿太太,你坐这里吧?
Oh, Mrs. Fulton, won’t you sit over here?
我一定得坐吗?
Do I have to?
不.-我想坐在这里
No. – I wanna sit here.
好吧
All right.
巴纳比,我代表在座的各位说话
Barnaby, I think I speak for everyone here…
我认为你是现代科学中的一位伟人
when I say that I consider you one of the great men of modern science.
那么,今天我叫你来这里……
Now, I asked you to come here today…
讨论你的配方的销♥售♥问题
to discuss the sale of your formula.
我们的组织–
Our organization…
我们的组织准备给你一份股份
Our organization is ready to offer you a block of stock…
这个收入足以令你跟福尔顿太太–
the income from which is sufficient to keep you and Mrs. Fulton…
令你跟福尔顿太太 舒适地过完下半生
to keep you and Mrs. Fulton in comfort for the rest of your lives.
那么问题是,你想要多少钱?
Now the question is, how much cash do you want?

Mmm.
巴纳比?
Barnaby?
我说,你要多少钱?
I said, how much cash do you want?
多少钱?哦
How much? Oh.
说个数吧.-一亿万美金
Name any amount. – A zillion dollars.
什么-他说多少钱?
What? – How much did he say?
一亿万美金. 那是一百万个万亿
A zillion dollars. That’s a million trillion.
太厉害了,他又喝了!-显然是的
By George, he’s taken it again! – Obviously.
看这里,福尔顿
Look here, Fulton.
首先,你的发明是我们的财富
Your discovery was our property in the first place.
现在放松点. -我们可以一分钱都不给你
Now take it easy. – We don’t have to give you a cent.
哦,我希望我有五分镍币
Oh, I wish I had a nickel.
福尔顿,我会把你赶出化学工业!
Fulton, I’ll blackball you out of the chemical industry!
你在跟一个小孩子说话,G.J. -别开玩笑了
You’re talking to a child, G.J. – Don’t be ridiculous.
他不是小孩. -哦,你说什么.举起手来!
He’s no child. – Oh, what you said. Put ’em up!
喂,给我点东西. 把我肩膀上的东西拿开
Here, give me something. Knock that off my shoulder.
巴纳比,你几时发疯了 我们不打架,是吗?
Barnaby, when we get mad, we don’t fight, do we?
不,我们打. -他们在学校没有教你
Yes, we do. – They didn’t teach you that in school.
唔,谁在乎──你好!
Well, who care… Hi!
你好,福尔顿博士
Hello, Dr. Fulton.
你是来跟我玩的吗? -不是,我来告诉奥斯里先生–
Did you come to play with me? – No. I came to tell Mr. Oxly…
没关系,劳雷尔小姐. 我觉得你最好离开
Never mind, Miss Laurel. I think you’d better go.
不,不,不.我想她留下来陪我玩
No, no, no. I want her to stay and play with me.
好吧,如果我让她留下来……
Well, if I let her stay…
你能告诉我你配方里 不见的成分吗?
will you tell me the missing ingredient in your formula?
是的,是的!-好吧,继续
Yes, yes! – All right, go ahead.
呃,呃.好吧,现在 -现在说“吓坏”
‘Well, well. All right, now-now say “terrify.”
吓坏.-现在说“棉纸”
Terrify. – Now say “tissue.”
棉纸.-那么快速一起说
Tissue. – Now say them both fast together.
吓坏面纸.-不!
Terrify tissue. – No!
真大胆!-哦,好呀,好呀!
How dare you! – Oh, goody, goody!
为什么,劳雷尔小姐– -真是的,奥斯–
Why, Miss Laurel… – Really, Mr. Ox…
但是我不—难道不是你做的. 哦!你也是!
But I don’t… – Don’t you do that. Oh! You too!
我成功了!我弹到她了! 我射中她了!
I did it! I pinched her! I shot her!
哦,你搞砸了!
Oh, now you’ve spoiled everything!
你见到她逃跑了吗? 她是只受惊的猫!
Did you see her run? She’s a scaredy-cat!
好了,女孩子,你别闹了! 听见了吗?住手!
Now, little girl, you stop it! Hear me? Stop it!
你来这边
Now you come over here.
你乖乖坐在椅子上
You sit in that chair and behave yourself.
你明白吗?乖!是的,先生
You understand? Behave yourself! – Yes, sir.
那么,巴纳比?
Now, Barnaby?
巴纳比?巴纳比,你在哪里? -他在桌子下
Barnaby? Barnaby, where are you? – He’s under the table.
巴纳比,你在那下面做什么?
Barnaby, what are you doing under there?
给易斯特搔痒
Tickling Esther.
出来吧.我想跟你谈谈
Now come on out. I wanna talk to you.
我不想谈了
I don’t wanna talk anymore.
G.J.,我们在对付一个10岁的人
G.J., we’re dealing with a ten-year-old.
我们要迁就他.没有办法
We’ve got to humor him. There’s no other way.
如果你这么说的话,奥利弗
If you say so, Oliver.
好了,下来帮我!别只站在那里!
Well, come on down here and help me! Don’t just stand there!
巴纳比?-巴纳比,我想跟你谈
Barnaby? Barnaby, I want to talk to you.
你想胳肢易斯特?她喜欢. -不,不,不,不
Want to tickle Esther? She likes it. – No, no, no, no, no.
你想要…
How would you like to have…
一块属于自己的金表和链子吗?
a nice gold watch and chain all your own?
哦.-你喜欢吗,巴纳比?
Oh. – Would you like that, Barnaby?
我已经有一块了. -跟这个不一样
I’ve got one. – But not like this one.
不,不,我不要
No, no, I don’t want it.
那么,你想要一辆新自行车 或者一匹小马吗?
Well, would you like a new bicycle or a pony?
你觉得怎么样?
How would you like that?
哦.我要为它做些什么?
Oh. What do I have to do for it?
你只要告诉我们是什么成分…
All you have to do is to tell us what was the ingredient…
你放进配方里的东西
that you put in the formula.
哦.哦
Oh. Oh.
那么,你答应给我一万亿美金 和一个五分镍币
Well, you promised me a zillion dollars and a nickel.
我们会给你一万亿美金. -和一枚五分镍币
We’ll give you a zillion dollars. – And a nickel.
还有一条摩托艇 还有一匹新小马
And-And a motorboat, and-and-and a new pony.
好的,你喜欢吗?-什么时候?
Yes, how would you like that? – When?
只要你告诉我们你在配方里…
Just as soon as you tell us what the ingredient was…
加了什么成分
you added to the formula.
哦,很简单.我只加了──
Oh, that’s simple. I just added…
哦!看–
Oh! Now look what…
巴纳比!巴纳比! -你不告诉我们吗,巴纳比?
Barnaby! Barnaby! Aren’t you gonna tell us, Barnaby?
你写那个干什么? -因为它是真的,真的!
What you wanna write that for? – Because it’s true, true!
不是,你要擦掉它!─我不擦!
It isn’t, and you’re gonna erase it! – I won’t!
巴纳比 你答应过给我们那种成分!
Barnaby, you promised to give us the ingredient!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!