There’s nothing wrong with that. Think of it this way:
行业惯例了 您可以这么想
We’re like a well-informed neighbor, coming over to chat
我们就像消息灵通的邻居
with people in the morning. You know, Brokaw did the morning news.
早上和观众们聊天 布洛考也做过早间新闻
And Charlie Gibson. Walter Cronkite did it at the beginning of his career.
查尔斯·吉布森 华尔特·克朗凯特 在年轻的时候也一样
I mean, he co-hosted a morning program with a puppet named Charlemagne.
还有个叫查理曼大帝的木偶和他一起主播
Well, then… get a puppet.
那你找个木偶不就行了
It’s inexpensive and uses things you already have around the house.
这很便宜还容易取材
You can make globes, hats, especially pinatas.
能做成手套 帽子 特别是糖罐
Now, mache means “to chew” in French,
纸浆这词在法语里是”嚼碎”的意思
but we’re not actually going to be eating any of this, right?
不过我们不会真的下嘴啃吧?
Of course not!
当然不了
No.
不会的
Coming up next, you’ve heard her sing.
你们都听过席琳·迪翁的歌♥了
Well, today, you’re going to hear about her sweet tooth.
接下来 再听听她爱吃甜食的八卦
Join us as we bake brownies with Celine Dion’s personal chef.
我们请到了她的私人厨师 来示范烘烤果仁巧克力饼
All that and more, coming up on Daybreak.
《早间新闻》精彩稍后 不容错过
We’re clear! Oh, my God,
结束! 我的天…
will somebody please get this off? Thank you, thank you.
谁帮我把手上的东西弄掉? 谢谢
Thank you very much. OK, so, we don’t have time
多谢了 没时间详细谈了
for the sit-down, so we’re just gonna run the package, all right?
不过采访部分就这样播出了 好么?
Are you OK? What?
你没事儿吧 我脸色不好?
Don’t beat yourself up. He was never gonna do it. Pomeroy?
别太为难自己 麦克才不会来的
How did you know that? Mike was never gonna come to work
你怎么知道? 麦克那样的大腕…
at this little dog and pony show,
才不会放下架子做这种耍猴节目
especially not working for somebody…
尤其是要和…
like, well, I’m sorry, but you. OK. Like, yeah.
抱歉 你这样的新手合作 是啊
You. Not in a thousand years. I mean, obviously, don’t get me wrong,
你就千年等一回吧 我不是打击你
I would have… I would have welcomed him with open arms.
他要能来 我早把他请来了
Oh, my God.
我的天哪
I heard he was coming in, but I didn’t…
听说他要来 没想到…
I’ve won eight Peabodys.
我得过8次皮博迪奖(年度的国际新闻奖项)
A Pulitzer.
一次普利策奖(年度美国新闻界最高成就奖)
Sixteen Emmys.
16次艾美奖(年度电视艺术最高奖)
I was shot through the forearm in Bosnia.
我在波西尼亚现场 胳膊被枪击中
Pulled Colin Powell from a burning Jeep.
我把国务卿鲍威尔从燃烧的吉普中拉了出来
I laid a cool washcloth on Mother Teresa’s forehead
在霍乱爆发的时候
during a cholera epidemic.
我给特蕾莎修女头上敷凉毛巾
I’ve had lunch with Dick Cheney.
我和副总统切尼共进午餐
You’re here for the money.
您是为了钱才委屈自己到这的
That is correct.
没错
Fuck.
我♥操♥
Welcome back to Daybreak.
欢迎回到《早间新闻》
God, does he cook? Does he do… I don’t know,
天哪 他懂烹饪吗? 明白什么…
fashion segments and gossip?
时尚潮流或者娱乐八卦吗
Does he have three-year-old octuplets barf…
会碰到过我去年的情况吗?
all over him like I did last year?
被3岁的八胞胎小崽吐得满身都是?
Well, unfortunately, in the ’80s,
不可能的 在80年代 有大人物允许他…
someone gave him story refusal rights, so no.
有权选择自己的新闻报道 所以…
I don’t care. Does he know that this is called morning television?
算了 他知道咱这是早间杂烩么
Yes, and I think that after a little bit of time,
估计过一阵子他适应了
he’s really gonna want to do a mix of stories.
肯定能带来好新闻
Face it! I’m going to end up making turkey meatballs with Mario Batali
我认了 这做土耳其肉丸子的厨师…
for the rest of my natural life. I need the new titles ASAP.
就是我这辈子的冤家 尽快给我新闻的标题
OK, let’s move it. Single malt. We’ve got the hand soap,
把它挪走 纯麦威士忌 洗手液准备好了
we got the mixers, the papers, the tropical fruit.
搅拌器 相关文件 热带水果
Here we go. Whoever heard of mangosteen?
都齐了 有谁吃过山竹果么?
Apparently, he has. This is Colleen’s dressing room
显然他吃过 这是柯琳的化妆间
and… She’s so looking forward to seeing you.
她特想见你
Good. Great. Glad to hear it.
我还真是激动啊 听着真带劲
And this is mine?
这是我用的?
Yes, but Colleen is… Never mind.
不过 柯琳正… 算了
You got me the newspapers?
报纸给我带来了吗?
The mixers?
搅拌器?
The tropical fruit plate.
热带水果盘
All stipulated in your ten-page rider.
都按照10页的附加条款准备好了
Nice of you. Yes…
还不错么 好的
Colleen wants me, I’ll be in here.
柯琳要找我 自己上这儿来
OK.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. He should come in here.
那可绝对绝对不行 他得先过来找我
OK. What the hell is that?
好吧 这是什么鬼花?
No hurry.
我不急
No. No and no.
不行 不行 不行
OK.
好吧
Did you tell her I have papaya in here?
你跟她说过我这儿有木瓜吗
He gets a tropical fruit plate? That is just so pathetic.
他还要了热带水果盘? 就这点可怜追求
That guy might be our only hope.
他可能是咱节目的唯一希望了
So I suggest you just man up and get in there!
我请您为了节目 先去找他吧
That is such a good speech!
哎呦 真是励志高手啊
Guess what? I’m not going.
不过我不吃你这一套
So, we’ll be shooting Mike’s promos all week and then
我们这周先拍摄麦克的宣传片
we’ll finalize the format of the show on Friday.
然后周五的时候确定节目形式
Then we’ll rehearse Mike’s openings and segues.
再排练一下麦克的开场白和接场台词
Excuse me. Who is going to say goodbye?
插一句 谁和观众说再见?
Pardon? Well, at the end of the show?
怎么? 在节目结束的时候?
It doesn’t really matter.
有什么关系吗
I mean, Mike, you don’t mind if Colleen says goodbye?
麦克 你不会介意柯琳说再见吧
Well, who do you think the public would rather hear from last?
你觉得观众最希望结束的时候听谁说
Someone who’s won every broadcast award on the face of the planet
是把地球上的新闻奖得了个遍的人
or the former Miss Pacoima?
还是前任的加州帕伊玛村儿的选美冠军?
It’s Arizona!
是亚利桑那州!
In case you’re interested, I was Miss Arizona!
你感兴趣的话 我是亚利桑那冠军!
Christ!
臭屁样儿
We can’t both have our arms folded.
我俩不能同时都抱着胳膊
And I am the female here, I think.
我可是女士啊
Colleen on this side. Of course, I’d be more than happy to.
柯琳站在这边 我可巴不得离远点
Can you just step away, just for a second? Thanks.
你能先站开一会吗 多谢
We don’t want to take up your precious… Hello?!
不想占用你宝贵的… 人都哪去了?
Is that better? What’s next? Bubble bath?
这样不错吧 还有完没完? 泡沫浴照片?
Hey, I just came to… to offer my condolences
我是来慰问你的
on hiring the third worst person in the world.
听说你雇了世界上人品倒数第三的家伙
Thanks.
谢谢啦
Yes. I… Who are the other two?
那其他两位是谁?
Kim Jong-il and Angela Lansbury, actually.
金正曰和女演员安杰拉·兰斯伯里
She knows what she did. OK.
她自己心里最清楚 好吧
So, I… I gather that you worked with Mike at the nightly news.
记得你和麦克在晚间新闻合作过
Worst year of my life. The entire time we worked together,
那是我这辈子最惨的一年 合作的时候
the only thing he ever called me was Senor Dipshit.
他对我的唯一称呼 就是”蠢猪先生”
It’s not funny.
不好笑
I’m sorry, that’s not funny. No.
抱歉 是不好笑 没错
That’s terrible. That is terrible, actually.
这也太损了 什么人品啊
Yeah, so…
那个…
So now is an excellent time for you to take up drinking.
你现在是时候喝酒放松一下了
And… And I came by to say that sometimes after work,
我想跟你说 我们下班后
a few of us go over to Schiller’s on Madison,
一般都去麦迪逊的席勒酒店
so, you know, if you’re ever around…
你要是有空的话
Around. Yeah, available.
有空? 没有家室缠身的话
Oh, OK. Yeah. That… would be nice.
没有 多谢你邀请啊
Yeah, I… I don’t, I don’t really go out very much,
那个… 我其实没有外出的习惯
but if I’m in the neighborhood,
不过我离着近的话就过去
I will definitely stop by and say hi. Well, like tomorrow.
肯定会和你打招呼 那明天怎么样
Around eight. OK. Yeah, sounds good.
8点钟左右 好啊
All right. Sure, yeah.
很好 就这么定了
Bye. Bye.
再见 回头见
That’s not too shabby. You got a new anchor.
撑过去了嘛 有了新主播
Somebody asked you out on a date. Things are lookin’ up.
还有人约会 事情总算好转了
That was… He… Not asking me out on a date.
他刚才… 这不算约会啦
I think it was. I was standin’ right there.
我觉得就是 听到的还能有假
No, no. Yeah.
真不是 是约会
He was just mentioning that he might be somewhere. I mean…
他刚开始说有时候过去
Come on, please, I think I would know if I was being asked out on a date.
唉呀 要是有人约我 我还会不明白吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!