I was buzzing home when I saw you. – This is good news.
还有更好的消息哪 看到这个了吗?
You don’t know the half of it. See that?
米尼弗空军少尉
Pilot Officer Miniver.
这么快?我以为… – 现在情况紧急
So soon? I thought… – Things are moving pretty fast.
他们缩短了训练的过程
They cut short the course.
我在测试中得到了85分
I got 85% on the test
靠这个成绩才获得了一个星期的假
and a week’s leave on the strength of it.
好样的 祝贺你 喝一杯来庆祝吧
Great stuff. Congratulations. That calls for a drink.
你喝点什么?- 我不喝了
What’ll you have? – I don’t think I will.
我打电♥话♥告诉妈妈我要回来了 也给卡萝尔打了
I phoned Mother I was coming. I called Carol too.
我赌你会打的 – 我一会儿去她那里
I’ll bet you did. – I’ll run up there later on.
多少钱 乔治?- 五英镑六便士
How much do I owe you, George? – Five and sixpence.
给你 不用找了 – 非常感谢
There you are. Keep the change. – Thank you very much.
再见 乔治
Bye, George.
人都去哪儿了?凯伊
Where is everybody? Kay!
看是谁来了?- 文
Well, what is this? – Vin!
妈妈 卡萝尔
Mother. Carol.
噢 文 文 亲爱的
Oh, Vin. Vin, darling.
卡萝尔 你也在这儿 真是太好了
Carol, both of you, it’s wonderful.
我等不及就过来了 你还好吗?
I didn’t want to miss a minute. How are you?
很好 我看起来不好吗?- 他晒黑了
Fine. Don’t I look it? – He’s brown.
我们露天训练 妈妈
Open air life, Mother.
再看到你们真是太好了
It’s good to see you all again.
我不知道该看那一边了
I sort of don’t know which way to turn!
看到这个了吗?
Seen these?
看起来是个很不错的飞行员 不是吗?
Makes a good looking pilot, doesn’t he?
文 这么快?- 是的 比通常快了两个月
Vin, already? – Yes, two months before my regular time.
多幸运啊 我被调到离家这么近的机场来了
And what a bit of luck being transferred to an airfield so near.
我以前认识一个家伙 他让他家人住在附近
A fellow I knew had his people living round about.
当他从家上空飞过时 他就把引擎关掉
When he flew over, he’d cut his engine
好让家人知道是他 就像这样:
so they’d know who it was. Like this:
我想你现在可以独♥立♥飞行了吧
Well, I suppose now you’re ready for real flying.
不仅可以独♥立♥飞行 而且可以…
Not only for real flying but real….
哦 完成任何任务 – 战斗
Well, whatever they send me into. – Fighting.
孩子们在哪儿?- 楼上
Where are the kids? – Upstairs.
你不想让他们和我们共进晚餐吗?- 怎么会
You wouldn’t let them have dinner with us? – I might.
我去叫他们 – 不 我去
I’ll run up and tell them. – No. I’m going.
克莱姆 你也来吧?- 好 我去换衣服
Clem, coming? – Yeah. I’ve got to change.
你好 – 你好
Hello. – Hello.
你知道葛莱蒂斯要离开我们吗 文?
Have you heard we’re losing Gladys, Vin?
豪瑞斯休假了?
ls Horace on leave?
噢 不是的 先生
Oh, no, sir.
葛莱蒂斯加入了WAAF
Gladys joined the WAAFs.
她要动身去奥尔德肖特
She’s off to Aldershot.
什么是WAAF?- 空军女子后备团
What’s a WAAF? – Women’s Auxiliary Air Force.
碰巧的是豪瑞斯 也驻扎在奥尔德肖特
It’s just a coincidence that Horace is stationed at Aldershot too.
噢 先生 你真是的
Oh, sir! You are a marvel.
妈妈?- 怎么了 亲爱的
Mother? Yes, darling.
文要娶卡萝尔吗?
Is Vin going to marry Carol?
哦 托比 把你的面包吃完 亲爱的
Now, Toby, just finish your dumpling, darling.
我只想问 “文 要娶卡萝尔吗?”
I only said, “ls Vin going to marry Carol? ”
让文在家里和我们好好吃顿晚饭 不好吗?
Isn’t it nice having Vin at home and staying down here for dinner?
好 你要娶 卡萝尔吗 文?
Yes. Are you going to marry Carol, Vin?
好 既然你问到这个 托比 我还没有勇气求婚
Well, since you bring it up, Toby, I haven’t had the nerve to ask her.
为何不呢?你很勇敢 不是吗?
Why not? You’re brave, aren’t you?
别犯傻了 托比
Don’t be so silly, Toby.
绅士们在吃饭的时候是不会求婚的
Gentlemen don’t propose when they’re eating.
为什么不呢?- 哦 那样不浪漫
Why not? – Well, it’s not romantic.
是不浪漫
Of course it isn’t.
托比 – 什么事?
Toby. – What?
你为什么不问问我是否要嫁给文?
Why don’t you ask me if I’m going to marry Vin?
那是不是呢?
Are you?
如果他向我提出来的话 – 可他不敢
lf he asks me. – He’s afraid.
我可受不了这个
Why, say, I’m not going to stand for that.
卡萝尔 我本来想等朱蒂说的那种浪漫时刻…
Carol, I meant to wait for Judy’s romantic moments and all that…
…那你愿意嫁给我吗 卡萝尔?
…but will you marry me, Carol? Soon?
噢 天哪 这是我知道的最可笑的求婚
Oh, egads. This is the darnedest proposal I’ve
嫁给我好吗 卡萝尔?
Is it yes, Carol?
我愿意 文
It’s yes, Vin.
噢 亲爱的 我太高兴了
Oh, my dear, I’m so happy.
我可以吗?- 当然了 爸爸
May l…? – Go ahead, Dad.
电♥话♥ 夫人
It’s the telephone, ma’am.
说要找文森特·米尼弗空军少尉
He wants to speak to Pilot Officer Vincent Miniver.
喂 是的 请讲
Hello. Yes. Yes, speaking.
当然 长官
Why, of course, sir.
噢 我知道了
Oh, I see.
大概半小时
About half an hour.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
马上到 长官
Immediately, sir.
再见
Goodbye.
是机场打来的 让我现在去报到
That was the airfield. I have to report.
突如其来 不是吗?- 噢 为什么呢?
It’s a blow, isn’t it? – Oh, but why?
这样或那样的事情吧 在空军做事不要问为什么
Some job or other. You don’t ask why in the Air Force.
很抱歉 妈妈 – 我不相信 文
I’m sorry, Mother. – I can’t believe it, Vin.
他们答应给你一个礼拜的 – 你知道 军令如山
They promised you a week. – You know how things are.
幸好我还没有打开行李 我去拿我的包
Good job I hadn’t unpacked. I’ll go get my bag.
我答应了要在半小时内赶到机场
I promised to be at the airport in half an hour.
我开车送你去 文
I’ll get the car and drive you over, Vin.
哎 这真令人失望 又不能不面对现实
Well, it’s a disappointment. No use pretending it isn’t.
不过现在既然他离家这么近
But now that we’ve got him so near
那是不是意味着他要投入战斗了?
Does that mean that he’s going into action?
不一定 卡萝尔
Not necessarily, Carol.
我去取车子
Well, I better get the car.
我不会去很久的
It certainly hasn’t been much of a leave.
再见 妈妈 – 再见 亲爱的
Goodbye, Mother. – Goodbye, darling.
自己保重 – 我会的
Do take care of yourself. – Oh, I will.
再见 亲爱的
Goodbye, you.
保重 记住 你已经订婚了
Be good. Remember, you’re engaged.
在我回来之前 最好别告诉你奶奶
Better not tell the old lady. Not until I get back.
到时我们再手牵手一起去
Then we’ll go hand in hand and
“老虎嘴里拔牙”
beard the old lion in her own rose garden.
再见 朱蒂
Goodbye, Judy.
给我带纪念品 – 你想要什么?
Get me some souvenirs. – What do you want?
梅塞施密特战斗机
Messerschmitt.
再见 托比 – 再见 文
Goodbye, Toby. – Bye, Vin.
我要俯冲轰炸 – 好的
Make me a dive bomber. – All right.
再见
Bye. So long.
把德国佬们打下来几个 – 我会的
Shoot down some Jerries and Fritzes. – I will.
再见 别为我担心 别忘了我85分的测试成绩
Goodbye, and don’t worry about me. 85% on the test, you know.
多好的夜晚啊
What a beautiful night.
跟白天一样亮
Clear as day.
儿子订婚了 你高兴吗 克莱姆?- 噢 很高兴
Happy about the engagement, Clem? – Oh, very.
卡萝尔是个好女孩 – 谁说不是呢?
Sweet child, young Carol. – lsn’t she?
不知道她奶奶怎么接受这个婚事
Wonder how the old lady’s going to take it.
她会感到骄傲的
She’ll be proud.
你不能怀有偏见 对吧?- 当然
You couldn’t be prejudiced, could you? – Certainly not.
文是个不同寻常的孩子 – 是的
Vin’s a very unusual boy. – Yes.
听 克莱姆
Listen, Clem.
引擎故障
Engine trouble.
不 那是文
No, it’s Vin.
难道你不记得 他说过的有关暗号♥的事了?
Don’t you remember what he told us about signaling?
那个男孩儿用发动机给她妈妈发暗号♥的事
About the boy who used to signal to his mother?
是文 – 我相信你是对的
That was Vin. – By Job, I believe you’re right.
好样的 文
Good old Vin.
好运 文
Good luck, Vin.
喂?- 克莱姆
Hello? Clem!
喂?
Yes?
哪位?
Who?
噢 紧急事件 我知道了 – 什么事 克莱姆?
Oh, emergency. I see. – What is it, Clem?
没事 亲爱的 – 是文吗?
It’s all right, dear. – ls it Vin?
噢 不 是河边巡逻的