She and I are going to be married this fall.
她和我今年秋天就要结婚了。
No.
不。
I was going to bring her to class next week.
我打算下周带她去上课。
I want her to hear your poem.
我想让她听听你的诗。
Oh, Vada.
哦,瓦达。
Please, honey. I cared for him, too. Vada, please.
拜托,亲爱的。我也关心他。瓦达,求你了。
Get away from me.
离我远点。
Vada!
瓦达!
Vada, sweetheart, don’t…
瓦达,亲爱的,别。。。
VADA: Why do you think people want to get married?
瓦达:你觉得人们为什么要结婚?
THOMAS J: When you get older, you just have to.
托马斯J:当你变老的时候,你就必须这么做。
Who’s that with your dad?
你♥爸♥爸是谁?
VADA: That’s my mother.
瓦达:那是我妈妈。
THOMAS J: I’m going to be an acrobat when I grow up.
托马斯J:我长大后要当杂技演员。
Vada?
瓦达?
Would you think of me?
你会想起我吗?
If you don’t get to marry Mr. Bixler.
如果你不能嫁给比克斯勒先生。
VADA: Now we’re blood brothers for life.
瓦达:现在我们是一辈子的亲兄弟了。
Shelly, I’m sorry, but we haven’t found her yet.
雪莉,对不起,我们还没找到她。
It’s dark. She can’t be alone in the dark.
天黑了。她不可能一个人在黑暗中。
We’ll keep looking. We’ve been looking since this morning.
我们会继续找的。我们从今天早上就开始找了。
Her teacher called and he said…
她的老师打电♥话♥来说。。。
I know, I know. You told us.
我知道,我知道。你告诉我们的。
Vada?
瓦达?
Are you okay?
你没事吧?
Oh, God.
哦,天哪。
I should have told Thomas J. that he was my best friend.
我应该告诉托马斯J。他是我最好的朋友。
I’m sure he knew.
我肯定他知道。
Shelly.
雪莉。
I stole some money from your cookie jar to pay for the writing class.
我从你的饼干罐里偷了些钱来支付写作课的费用。
It’s okay, sweetheart.
没事的,亲爱的。
I’ll pay you back.
我会还你的。
Besides, I don’t think I’ll ever go to class again.
再说,我想我再也不会去上课了。
I’ll tell you what. You dedicate your first book to me.
我告诉你吧。你把你的第一本书献给我。
I’ll forget the whole thing.
我会忘记整件事的。
I will. I promise.
我会的。我保证。
Okay. Get into bed.
可以。上♥床♥睡觉。
Good night. Good night.
晚安。晚安。
She’s here.
她来了。
Did I kill my mother?
我杀了我妈妈吗?
What?
什么?
The bees killed Thomas J. and I killed my mother.
蜜蜂杀死了托马斯J。我也杀死了我的母亲。
No, no.
不,不。
Now, sweetie, that wasn’t your fault.
亲爱的,这不是你的错。
Things like that aren’t anybody’s fault. It just happened.
像这样的事情不是任何人的错。就这么发生了。
I found this.
我找到了这个。
I forgot about that picture.
我忘了那张照片。
Where did you find it?
你在哪里找到的?
In the garage.
在车♥库♥里。
That little Chevy was your mother’s favorite car.
那辆小雪佛兰是你妈妈最喜欢的车。
What was my mama like?
我妈妈怎么样?
She was pretty.
她很漂亮。
And kind.
和蔼可亲。
And she had your eyes.
她有你的眼睛。
Boy, did she love to laugh.
孩子,她爱笑吗。
Sometimes when you laugh, you sound just like her.
有时候你笑的时候,听起来就像她。
Really? Mmm-hmm.
真正地?嗯-嗯。
You know what your mother did when she found out
你知道你妈妈发现后做了什么吗
she was going to have you?
她要生你?
She came home and painted this whole room pink.
她回到家,把整个房♥间漆成粉红色。
She was so sure she would have a little girl.
她非常肯定她会有一个小女孩。
Do you miss her?
你想念她吗?
Yes.
对。
I did, very much, for a long time.
很长一段时间以来,我都是这么做的。
And even now I get a little sad
即使现在我也有点难过
when I think about a pretty flower
当我想到一朵美丽的花
or a beautiful sunset that your mother would have liked.
或者你妈妈喜欢的美丽的日落。
I think every time I see or climb a tree I’ll think of Thomas J.
我想每当我看到或爬上一棵树,我都会想起托马斯J。
That’s good.
那很好。
Memories are good, sweetheart.
回忆是美好的,亲爱的。
Vada, I’m…
瓦达,我。。。
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉。
I was trying to keep it from you.
我是想瞒着你。
I just couldn’t.
我就是做不到。
You’re a good girl. I want you to be happy.
你是个好女孩。我要你快乐。
Don’t be an old grump like me.
别像我一样老发脾气。
See you in the morning.
明早见。
Daddy?
爸爸?
It’s not so bad to be like you.
像你这样并不坏。
Mrs. Sennett, how are you doing?
森内特太太,你好吗?
Some days I think I’ll be okay.
有时候我想我会没事的。
Others… Well, I have to force myself even to get out of bed.
其他。。。我不得不强迫自己起床。
I know it’s crazy,
我知道这很疯狂,
but sometimes I think he’s just away at summer camp.
但有时我觉得他只是去夏令营了。
How’s Vada?
瓦达怎么样了?
Oh, she’s doing much better. She’s just inside.
哦,她好多了。她就在里面。
Vada!
瓦达!
(INAUDIBLE)
(听不见)
Mrs. Sennett. Vada.
森内特太太。瓦达。
I’ve been wanting to come over to see you.
我一直想见你。
Thomas J. had this on him.
托马斯J.身上有这个。
I thought you might like to have it.
我想你会喜欢的。
You were such a good friend to him.
你是他的好朋友。
I hope you’ll still come by and visit me.
我希望你还是过来看看我。
I will. I promise.
我会的。我保证。
Mrs. Sennett,
森内特太太,
Thomas J. will be all right.
托马斯J.会没事的。
My mother will take care of him.
我妈妈会照顾他的。
Thank you, Vada.
谢谢你,瓦达。
“Encased in talent, like a uniform
“身披天分,像一身制♥服♥
“The rank of every poet is well known
每个诗人的名次都是众所周知的”
“They can amaze us like a thunderstorm
“它们能像雷雨一样让我们大吃一惊
“Or die so young
或是英年早逝”
“Or live for years alone.”
或者独自生活多年。
My advice to you on our last class,
我给你上节课的建议,
be a thunderstorm.
是一场雷雨。
What exactly do you mean by that?
你这是什么意思?
I mean,
我是说,
be dangerous,
很危险,
and unpredictable,
而且不可预测,
and make a lot of noise.
发出很大的噪音。
Vada.
瓦达。
JUSTIN: Hey!
贾斯汀:嘿!
We missed you, man.
我们想你了,伙计。
Give me a hug.
给我一个拥抱。
I was hoping you’d stop by today.
我希望你今天能过来。
Can’t stay. I just came to read my poem.
我不能留下来。我只是来读我的诗。
We’d love to hear it.
我们很想听。
“Weeping willow with your tears running down
“垂柳流下你的眼泪
“Why do you always weep and frown?
你为什么总是哭哭啼啼?”
“Is it because he left you one day?
“是因为有一天他离开了你吗?
“Is it because he could not stay?
是因为他不能留下来吗?”
“On your branches he would swing
“他会在你的树枝上荡秋千
“Do you long for the happiness that day would bring?
你渴望那一天带来的幸福吗?”
“He found shelter in your shade
“他在你的树荫下找到了庇护所
“We thought his laughter would never fade
我们以为他的笑声永远不会消失”
“Weeping willow, stop your tears
“垂柳,别哭了
“For there is something to calm your fears
因为有东西可以平息你的恐惧”
“You think death has ripped you forever apart
“你认为死亡把你永远撕裂了吗
“But I know he’ll always be in your heart.”
但我知道他永远在你心里

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!