That’s the smallest element on the emulsion.
这是乳液上最小的元素
Sort of an atom of the picture.
像是一个原子的图片
This is the good part. The computer just asks itself:
这是好的部分 计算机只是问自己:
What would be next to what if we played with the pixels?
如果我们与像素一起玩 接下来会发生什么
That’s all there is to it?
就是这样
We have to keep on top of the computer. Computers don’t think.
我们得放在电脑上面 计算机不会思考
For example, if we had programmed this to
例如 如果我们编程
come out a car instead of a monkey
出来是车 而不是猴子
well, right now, you’d be looking at a hairy Buick.
现在你会看到一辆多毛的别克
All right, then we’ll just get started on it.
好吧那我们就开始吧
Wait a minute. It takes billions of calculations.
等一会 它需要数十亿的计算
The whole process may take 12 hours or it may take a week.
整个过程可能需要十二小时 也可能一周
Well, that’s too long.
太久了
Perhaps you can get what you need from the work in progress.
也许可以从正在进行的工作中得到需要的东西
We’ll be watching it right on this screen.
我们会在屏幕上看到的
We’ve got our first phone number, it’s listed to a Nina Beka.
我们得到了第一个电♥话♥号♥码 上面显示尼娜·贝卡
She called last night about the time of the murder.
她在昨晚的谋杀时间段打过电♥话♥
I better see her. I was just about to send my men.
我最好去看看她 我正要派人去
Are you Miss Nina Beka?
你是尼娜·贝卡吗
Yes.
是的
I’m Commander Farrell, Miss Beka.
我是法雷尔中校 贝卡小姐
This is Mr. Scott Pritchard,
这是斯科特·普里查德先生
general counsel to the Secretary of Defense.
国防部长的法律顾问
May we come in?
我们可以进来吗
Please, do come in.
请进来
I’m afraid that we have some bad news for you.
恐怕我们有坏消息要告诉你
A woman named Susan Atwell is dead.
一个名叫苏珊·阿特韦尔的女人死了
She was a friend of yours?
她是你的朋友
Yes, she is.
是的 她是
In what way were you acquainted?
你是用是怎么认识的
You see, I work at Shalini’s Boutique in the pavilion.
是这样 我在莎琳妮的精品馆工作
She used to come in there sometimes.
她以前经常来那里
We’d like you to tell us as much about her as possible.
我们希望你尽可能多地告诉我们她的情况
We think she was killed by a man she’d been seeing.
我们认为她是被一个她见过的人杀死的
Why?
为什么
You needn’t concern yourself with why.
你不必担心为什么
We just need to know the names of the men that she consorted with.
我们只需要知道与她厮混人的名字
Consorted with? Yes.
厮混的人 是的
I don’t know anything about Susan’s personal life.
我对苏珊的私生活一无所知
I’ll ask you again, who were the men she saw?
我再问你一次 她认识的男人是谁
Well you can ask me a thousand times
你可以问我一千次
and the answer will still be the same: I don’t know it.
答案还是一样 我不知道
You’re South African.
你是南非人
That’s right. I don’t see a U.S. visa.
没错 我没有看到美国签证
You’re an illegal alien.
你是非法的移♥民♥
Do you know who I am?
你知道我是谁吗
I can pick up that phone and I can have you
我可以拿起电♥话♥ 我可以让你
on the first plane to Johannesburg.
在第一架飞往约翰内斯堡的飞机上
I’m assuming you have a reason for not wanting to be there.
我想你有理由不想去那里
You guessed right. I know who you are.
你猜对了 我知道你是谁
I know who Brice is. David Brice.
我知道布赖斯是谁 戴维·布赖斯
Is that the name you’re looking for?
这就是你要找的名字吗
We’re not interested in him. It’s another man that we want.
我们对他没兴趣 我们想要的是另一个男人
Well, in that case, why don’t we make a deal?
那么 我们为什么不做个交易呢
We’ll talk about it. Who is the other man?
我们来谈谈另一个人是谁
Who is the other man?
另一个人是谁
It’s someone at the Pentagon.
是五角大楼的人
Does he have a name? I suppose so, but I don’t know it.
他有名字吗 我想有的 但我不知道
Listen…
听着
all I know is that Susan used to see him, and he reappeared.
我只知道苏珊以前见过他 他也出现了
How recently? I don’t know.
最近的情况 我不知道
Three months? Two? I don’t know!
三周 两周 我不知道
A month, three weeks. Who cares? I don’t know it.
一个月还是三周 谁在乎啊 我真不知道
Listen, she never discussed these things with me.
听着 她从没和我谈论过这些事
All right, that will do for now.
好吧 现在就做
We’re going to close the part of the investigation that concerns you.
我们将停止对你的有关调查
Will that be satisfactory?
这是否让你满意
Tom. Thank you, Miss Beka.
汤姆 谢谢你 贝卡小姐
You’ve been very helpful.
你帮了大忙了
Sam!
萨姆
I want the names of all civilian and military personnel
我要所有文职和军事人员的名单
who have been assigned to the Pentagon during the past two months.
在过去的两个月里被派来五角大楼的
Can you do it?
你能做到吗
It’s all in the computer.
都在电脑里
I’ll just have to set up a program to find it.
我只需要建立一个程序来找到它
Mr. Pritchard.
普里查德先生
Tom, I’ve got a suggestion.
汤姆 我有个建议
We’re doing this credit card search
我们正在进行信♥用♥卡♥搜索
but it’s extremely unlikely that anything charged
但它极不可能被用来使用
over the weekend would be turned in so soon.
过了这个周末 很快就会被打开
We’re wasting valuable computer time that we could use better.
我们浪费了宝贵的计算机时间
I know. I want you to keep on with it.
我知道 我要你继续
What’s all this about, Tom?
这是怎么回事 汤姆
We’ll talk later. What’ve you got here, what is this?
我们待会儿再谈 你这里有什么 这是什么
I have to see Secretary Brice.
我要去见布赖斯部长
Get started on that list of new employees, would you?
从新员工名单上开始 好吗
Yeah, we isolated three pollutants in the dead girl’s stomach contents.
好的 我们在死者的胃里分离出了三种污染物
They’re the red, green and blue lines on the graph.
分别是图上的红色 绿色和蓝色线条
If we can get the overlays to match, we might pinpoint where she was.
如果覆盖得到匹配地区 可能会查明她去过哪里
So far, it looks like somewhere near upper Chesapeake Bay.
到目前为止 看起来就像是在切萨皮克湾上游附近
Come in.
请进
Excuse me, sir, have you seen Major Donovan?
对不起 长官 你见过多诺万少校吗
No.
没有
Well, it’s important that I get this to him.
很重要 我要把这个给他
What do you have here? We missed it the first time around.
你这里有什么 我们第一次错过了
It must have fallen under the seat of her car.
这个掉在她车的座位下面了
I’ll take care of this.
我会处理的
Very well, sir.
好的 长官
Was this a present?
这是礼物吗
Yeah, he gave it to me. He has expensive taste.
是的 他给我的 他的品味很高
It didn’t cost him anything. Some foreign minister gave it to him.
他什么都没花 一些外♥交♥部♥长给他的
I pride myself on being a man of forbearance and conciliation
我为自己是一个宽容大度的人而自豪
but if you fuck me on this, I’ll crucify you!
但如果你干我这事 我会不客气
I am not your rubber stamp.
我不是你的橡皮戳
You have run roughshod over this office for twenty years.
你已经在这个办公室里横行霸道二十年了
And that’s over.
结束了
Sir, you may disparage your predecessors all you like
先生 你可以贬低你的前任 做所有你喜欢的
but I don’t recall in the past any secret investigation
但我不记得在过去任何秘密调查
that required the entire Department of Defense
需要整个国防部
circumvented CIA and the FBI and the Washington police.
绕过中情局 联邦调查局和华盛顿警方
Senator, we’re not locked unto any position on the phantom sub.
参议员 在隐形潜艇上我们不受制于任何的机构
What are you saying? I’m just trying to allay
你在说什么 我只是想减轻
Senator Duvall’s fears that we might act peremptorily.
杜瓦尔参议员担心我们会一股脑儿
We will act the way I decide on this matter.
都将按照我对此事的决定去做
Gentlemen, I don’t see any point in squabbling like children.
先生们 我看不应该像孩子一样争吵
Mr. Pritchard, I’m encouraged by your attitude.
普里查德先生 你的态度启发了我
I’m sure your investigation
我相信你的调查
whatever it is, is perfectly proper.
不管它怎样 是完全正确的
I must apologize for my unseemly outburst.
我必须为我不体面的发火道歉
It’s just that I’ve been sorely troubled.
只是我一直很苦恼
That’s perfectly understandable, senator.
这完全可以理解 参议员
I’m certain that we can reach an accommodation.
我确信我们能找到和平解决办法
Gentlemen, I’m deeply gratified.
先生们我深感欣慰
Deeply gratified, and I hope you’ll forgive my imposition
深感欣慰 我希望你能原谅我的不冷静
on such a busy day.
接着忙吧
He’s got us. This is insane. It’s out of control.
他知道了 这太疯狂了 失控了
Your cover story’s not gonna hold water.
纸包不住火
Yes, it will, but you have to have more moral courage.
是的 可能 但你必须有更多的道德自信
Have you ever heard of a woman named Nina Beka?
你听说过一个叫尼娜·贝卡的女人吗
No. Well, she’s heard of you.
没有 她听说过你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!