就在这个时候 桑希尔先生逃脱了
It was at this point that Mr. Thornhill succeeded in escaping…
差点就被谋杀 当歹徒们追赶时
…from his would- be assassins, and when they gave chase…
在这种危急状况下 他必须尽快地开车
…he naturally had to drive as best he could under the, uh, circumstances.
律师 你认识客户多长时间了
Counselor, how long have you known your client?
7年了 法官
Seven years, Your Honor.
你觉得他是个正常人吗
Do you know him to be a reasonable man?
当然了
Absolutely.
-妈妈 -你觉得
– Mother. – And do you believe…
这个故事可信吗
…there is some credence to this story?
-可信 -是的 法官
– Credence? – Well, yes, Your Honor.
如果客户这么说
I mean, if my client says this is what happened…
-我当然这么认为 -说的太对了
– …I’m certain it must’ve happened. – You’re damn right.
我把此案交县警探调查
Sergeant, I want this turned over to the county detectives for investigation.
你叫他们立刻过来
Call them up and have them come here immediately.
-好的 法官 -律师
– Right, Your Honor. – Counselor…
明晚7:30此案
…I’m going to set this over for final disposition…
最后判决
…tomorrow night at 7:30.
希望你和被告在这儿 听从审判
At which time I expect you and the defendant to be here, ready to go to trial.
目前则由县里的警探
In the meantime, the county detectives
判定他的故事是否属实
will determine if his story has any basis in fact.
“属实”就是把我的尸体抬来你还是不信
“Basis in fact”? If I were brought in dead, you still wouldn’t believe…
罗杰 等等
Roger, wait a minute.
庭上 难道我会编这么个故事吗
I mean, after all, Your Honor, would I make up such a story?
这恰恰是我们要调查的 桑希尔先生
That is precisely what we’re intending to find out, Mr. Thornhill.
-何事 -记得我吗
– Yes? – Remember me?
-是的 先生 -很好
– Yes, sir. – Good.
-唐森先生在吗 -他一天都在外边
– Is Mr. Townsend at home? – No, I’m sorry he’s left for the day, sir.
唐森太太呢
Mrs. Townsend?
-报谁的名字呢 -县里的警探
– Who shall I say is calling? – County detectives.
请进吧
Come in, please.
这边请
This way, please.
就是这个房♥间
This is the room.
-我去叫夫人 -你去吧
– I’ll call madam. – You do that.
这是他们压住我的沙发
And here’s the sofa where they held me down.
撒满了波本酒 我给你们看酒渍
They spilled bourbon all over it. I’ll show you the stains.
一定有人洗干净了
Well, they must’ve cleaned them off.
这是他们放酒的柜子
This is the cabinet where they keep the liquor.
威士忌 金酒 伏特加
Scotch, gin, vodka….
还有波本
And bourbon.
那时候你一喝好几瓶呢
I remember when it used to come in bottles.
罗杰 亲爱的 我们非常担心你
Roger, dear, we were so worried about you.
你顺利回了家吗 当然
Did you get home all right? Of course you did.
让我看看 眼睛有点红 不过大家都是这样
Let me look at you. Oh, a little pink- eyed, but aren’t we all?
昨天聚会没意思 一点也不遗憾
It was a dull party. You didn’t miss a thing.
告诉你们大家 我从未见过这个女人
I want you all to know, I never saw this woman before last night.
唐森太太 我是拿骚县警探强克特探长
I’m Captain Junket of the Nassau County Detectives.
-这是哈丁警探 -你好
– This is Lieutenant Harding. – How do you do?
你不是有麻烦吧 罗杰
You haven’t gotten into trouble, Roger?
-不许叫我罗杰 -他是不是遇到麻烦
– Stop calling me Roger. – Has he gotten into trouble?
昨晚桑希尔先生酒后驾驶被抓
Mr. Thornhill was picked up last night driving under the influence of alcohol…
-而且是辆失窃的车 -失窃的车
– …and incidentally, in a stolen car. – Stolen car?
特温宁大街巴伯森夫人的车
Belonging to Mrs. Babson of Twining Road.
罗杰 你说要去坐记程车的
Roger, you said you were going to call a cab.
你没借劳拉的梅塞德斯吗
You didn’t borrow Laura’s Mercedes?
不 我没借劳拉的梅塞德斯
No, I didn’t borrow Laura’s Mercedes.
桑希尔先生告诉我们
Mr. Thornhill told us
他昨晚是被强迫带到这里来的
that he was brought to this house against his will last night…
您丈夫的朋友硬行灌醉他
…and, uh, forcibly intoxicated by some friends of your husband…
然后把他扔在路边
…and set out on the road.
-你是否知道此事 -警长
– Do you know anything about this? – Well, now, captain…
罗杰昨天来时候已经醉了
…Roger was a bit tipsy when he arrived here by cab for dinner.
她在说谎
She’s lying.
晚一些的时候
And I’m afraid he became even worse…
醉意更浓
…as the evening wore on.
最后 他说要回家睡觉
Finally, he told us he had to go home to sleep it off.
我应该早些开始晚餐
Oh, I knew I should’ve served dinner earlier.
表演真是太精彩了
What a performance.
唐森太太 您听说过乔治卡·普兰吗
Mrs. Townsend, does the name George Kaplan mean anything to you?
乔治·卡普兰
George Kaplan?
-没有 -我也这么想
– No. – I didn’t think so.
她丈夫在哪里 应该问他
Where’s her husband? He’s the one you should be questioning.
-可以找到他吗 -可以 联♥合♥国♥
– Is there any place he can be reached? – Why, yes. The United Nations.
联合
United Nat…?
今天下午他要在将军府发表演讲
He’s addressing the General Assembly this afternoon.
好吧 既然他要演讲
All right. So he’s addressing the General Assembly.
-很抱歉打扰您 -不要客气
– Sorry we had to bother you. – No bother at all.
给我等一下
Now, wait a minute.
你们还想找我丈夫吗 警长
Will you be wanting to get in touch with my husband?
不 唐森太太 没必要了
No, Mrs. Townsend, that won’t be necessary.
你是说你不再调查了吗
You mean you’re not gonna do any more about this?
付两块钱[罚款]吧
Roger. Pay the two dollars.
再见
Goodbye.
不明白为什么叫我来
I don’t see why you want me along.
因为您令人尊敬
You lend a certain air of respectability.
嘴别太损了 罗杰
Don’t be sarcastic, Roger.
就是这儿 呆在这儿
There you are, dear. Park yourself there.
现在开始
Well, here goes. Ahem.
接线员 请问 这里有一位乔治·卡普兰先生吗
Hello, Operator. Have you got a George Kaplan staying here?
没错
That’s right.
有吗
You have?
796房♥间
Room 796?
帮我接通那儿
Ring it, will you please?
你看
You see?
我知道 你赶快弄清楚这事
I see. I hope he clears up this silly business.
-我一天都被你浪费了 -嘘 闭嘴
– You’re ruining my whole day. – Shh, shh. All right. Quiet. Shut up.
他说什么时候回来了吗
Oh. Well, did he leave word when he’d be back?
是吗
Really?
谢谢
Thank you.
真奇怪 他两天没接电♥话♥了
Well, that’s odd. He hasn’t answered his telephone in two days.
也许被锁在洗手间里了
Maybe he got locked in the bathroom.
妈妈 帮个忙好吗
Mother, do me a favor, will you?
装出你那种天真而甜蜜的笑容
Put on that innocent look you do so well
去拿796房♥间的钥匙
and go to the desk and get the key to 796.
别荒唐 我不干
Don’t be ridiculous. I wouldn’t do such a thing.
-10块钱 -多少钱都不行
– Ten dollars? – Not for all the money in the world.
-50块 -罗杰 你真让人丢脸
– Fifty? – Roger, you are disgraceful.
偷车 酒后驾车 袭击警卫 欺骗法官
Car theft, drunk driving, assaulting an officer, lying to a judge.
现在又乱闯房♥间
And now, housebreaking.
是闯酒店 这有区别
You’re hotel- breaking. There’s a difference.
-能判你5到10年 -请稍等一下
– Of five to ten years. – Just a minute, please.
需要换床单吗
Will you want me to be changing your bedding, sir?
是的 但是现在不要
Yes. Well, but not right now.
我不过问问 因为看来床没人睡过
I mention it, because the bed doesn’t seem like it’s been slept in…
我只不过想换一些亚麻布
…and I was wondering if I ought to go on changing the linens.
-谢谢您的关心 -不客气
– Oh. Thank you for your interest. – You’re welcome, sir.
进来吧
Come on, now.
看来她认为我是卡普兰
Now, she seemed to think I’m Kaplan.
是不是我真的象卡普兰
I wonder if I look like Kaplan.
-看看是谁在这儿 -谁 在哪儿
– Oh, well, look who’s here. – Who? Where?
那位今天要演讲的朋友
Our friend who’s assembling the General Assembly this afternoon.
罗杰 我们该走了
Roger, I think we should go.
-不要太紧张 -不是紧张
– Don’t be nervous. – I’m not nervous.
-我打桥牌要迟到了 -那样你会少输一些
– I’ll be late for the bridge club. – Good. You will lose less than usual.
告诉你 卡普兰有头皮屑
Bulletin, Kaplan has dandruff.
我认为应该离开
In that case, I think we should leave.
太晚了
Too late.
-您叫我吗 -是的 请进来
– You rang for me, sir? – Yes. Come in a moment.
-您叫什么名字 -爱尔西 先生
– What’s your name? – Elsie, sir.
-爱尔西 你认识我吗 -您是卡普兰先生
– Elsie, do you know who I am? – You’re… You’re Mr. Kaplan.
你最早什么时候见到我的
Well, when did…? When did you first see me?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章怒海孤舟
下一篇文章艳贼
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!