Thank you, ma’am. Good night, now.
晚安
Good night.
出来 不管你在哪儿
Come out, come out, wherever you are.
服务生
The porter.
我知道
So I see.
现在
Now…
-我们刚才到哪儿了 -这儿
– …where were we? – Here.
是的
Oh, yes.
-我很高兴他把床打开了 -是啊
– Nice of him to have opened the bed. – Yes.
-只有一张床 -是的
– Only one bed. – Yes.
这是个好兆头 对吗
That’s a good omen, don’t you think?
非常好
Wonderful.
知道意味着什么吗
Do you know what that means?
什么 告诉我
What? Tell me.
意味着你要睡地上了
It means you’re going to sleep on the floor.
3901车小姐送的字条
A message from the lady in 3901.
早上怎么对付他 伊芙
-你继续走 我会追上的 -是的 小姐
– You keep walking. I’ll catch up. – Yes, ma’am.
-有报告吗 肯德尔小姐 -是的 昨晚我睡得很好
– Anything to report, Miss Kendall? – Why, yes. I had a fine night’s sleep.
我的意思是 你看到了我们在找的人吗
No, I mean, have you seen the man we’re looking for?
-桑尼克罗先生吗 -桑希尔
– Mr. Thornycroft? – Thornhill.
没有 对不起
No, no. I’m awfully sorry.
祝你们好运
But good luck to you both.
-我们表现怎么样 -我随时都可能崩溃
– How are we doing? – Oh, I may collapse at any moment.
别放松 必须保持镇定 你看
Not yet. First we have to run the gauntlet. Look.
我习惯了承受重量
I’m accustomed to having a load on,
可是这些袋子都装了什么
but what have you got in these bags?
-保龄球 当然是 -当然是
– Bowling balls, naturally. – Oh, naturally.
哪个里面是我的西装
Which one of these has my suit in it?
右手拿着的小箱子
The small one underneath your right arm.
谢谢 这样它就更时髦了
Oh, thanks. That ought to do the suit a lot of good.
卡普兰不会介意你衣服起皱
I’m sure Mr. Kaplan won’t mind a few wrinkles.
如果他还在的话 现在几点
Yeah, if he’s still there. What time is it?
9:10
Nine-ten.
9:10 他可能离开酒店了
Nine-ten? Well, he may have left his hotel room by now.
一出站 我就去帮你打电♥话♥
I’ll call him for you as soon as we get inside the station.
不用了 谢谢 我自己来
No thank you, I can do it.
小红帽在电♥话♥亭里 有点可疑吧
A redcap in a phone booth? Slightly suspicious.
那好 跟他说什么 你知道吗
I, uh…. Well, all right. What are you gonna tell him? Do you know that?
你想立刻见到他 非常紧急
Mm- hm. You want to see him right away. Terribly urgent.
是有关生死的大事
Matter of life and death.
-是的 -不需做解释
– Mm- hm. Right. – No explanations.
对了 我打电♥话♥时 你可以换衣服
While I’m calling, you can change your clothes.
在哪儿换呢 在橱窗里吗
Where do you propose I do that? In Marshall Field’s window?
我想应该在洗手间里
I sort of had the men’s room in mind.
知道吗
Did you, now?
你是和我一起在火车上过夜的女孩子里最聪明的
You’re the smartest girl I ever spent the night with on a train.
我想我们成功了
I think we made it.
他去哪儿了
Where did he go?
-他走的哪条路 -去哪儿了
– Which way did he go? – Where did he go?
我不知道 他抢了我的衣服
I don’t know. He took my clothes. and went that way.
快追
Come on.
芝加哥当地时间上午10点 发车
Departing at 10 a.m., Chicago daylight time…
开往密西根市
…for Michigan City.
已经在六号♥轨道就位
Now ready on track number six.
怎么这么慢
Well, what took you so long?
我脸大 而刮胡刀太小
Well, I have a big face, small razor.
找到卡普兰了吗
Tell me, did you get Kaplan?
-是的 -好 他怎么说
– Yes. – Fine. What did he say?
他会见你 但不能在酒店里
Well, he’ll see you, but not at the hotel under any circumstances.
-他希望在外边见你 -在哪儿 什么时候
– He’ll see you on the outside. – Well, where? When?
-都给你写下来了 -谢谢
– I’ve got it all written down for you. – Thanks.
坐2:00从芝加哥
Take the Greyhound bus that leaves Chicago…
去印第安纳波利斯的灰狗巴士
…for Indianapolis at 2
在41号♥公路平原站下车
and ask the driver to let you off at Prairie Stop, Highway 41.
平原站 41号♥公路 好
Prairie Stop, Highway 41. Good.
从芝加哥出发大概是一个半小时的路
It’s about an hour-and-a-half’s drive from Chicago.
好 我去租一辆车
Fine. I’ll rent a car.
不要出租车 卡普兰坚持是巴士
No car. Mr. Kaplan said bus.
好保证你是一个人
He wants to be sure you’re alone.
好 到了那儿做什么呢
All right. What’ll I do when I get there?
在路边等着 他3:30会到
Just wait beside the road. He’ll be there at 3:30.
-我怎么认出他呢 -他会认出你的
– Well, how will I know him? – He’ll know you.
-你也上了芝加哥报纸 -好的
– You made the Chicago papers too. – Oh, yes.
把表调到了标准时间吗
Have you got your watch set for Central time?
是的 谢谢
Yes, I did that. Thanks.
-你怎么了 -怎么了
– What’s the matter? – Matter?
你看来有一点紧张
Yes, you seem…. I don’t know. You seem tense.
你最好趁警♥察♥检查红帽子时离开
You know, you better go before the police run out of redcaps.
我们会再见面吧
We’ll see each other again, won’t we?
总有一天会的 我肯定
Sometime, I’m sure.
我还没有机会好好谢你
I never had a moment to thank you properly.
-快走吧 -但我到哪里去找你
– Please go. – Yes, but… But where will I find you?
我必须去取行李了
I’ve gotta pick up my bags now.
这些是箱子存票
Oh, yes. Well, these are the checks for the large cases.
等等
Wait a minute.
告诉我
Please.
他们来了
They’re coming.
你好
Hi.
-天真热 -还得热呢
– Hot day. – Seen worse.
你是来见什么人吗
Are you supposed to be meeting someone here?
我在这儿等车 这就该来了
Waiting for the bus. Due any minute.
如果活得够长的话 有些撒农药的飞行员会很富有
Some of them crop- duster pilots get rich, if they live long enough.
是啊
Yeah.
那么你不叫卡普兰
And, uh, then your name isn’t Kaplan?
不能说是 因为不是
Can’t say it is, because it ain’t.
车来了 很准时
Here she comes. Right on time.
-那很奇怪 -怎么
– That’s funny. – What?
那飞机在没有庄稼的地方撒农药
That plane’s dusting crops where there ain’t no crops.
快离开 油箱会爆♥炸♥
Get out of here! The other tank may blow!
怎么回事
What happened?

Hey!
回来
Come back! Hey!
回来 回来
Come back! Come back! Hey!
-有何贵干 -呃
– Yes? – Uh….
请告诉我乔治·卡普兰的房♥间号♥码
Could you let me have Mr. George Kaplan’s room number, please?
-卡普兰 -是的
– Kaplan? – Yeah.
我想他退房♥了
I think he checked out.
-退房♥了 -是的
– He checked out? – That’s right.
早上7:10 他退房♥了
He checked out at 7:10 this morning.
-7:10 肯定吗 -是的 他留了字条
– Seven- ten? Are you sure? – Yes. He left a forwarding address.
喜来登酒店 拉皮德市 南达科他州
Hotel Sheraton- Johnson, Rapid City, South Dakota.
7:10
Seven-ten?
那我怎么在9:00接到他的字条
Well, then how come I got a message from him at 9…?
什么
What’s that?
没什么
Nothing. Nothing.
对不起又打扰您
Sorry to bother you again.
我和肯德尔小姐约好了 房♥号♥是4打头
Miss Eve Kendall is expecting me. She’s in room four- something.
我忘了具体号♥码 麻烦您
I’ve forgotten the number. Would you mind?
-她在463房♥间 -这就对了 谢谢
– She’s in 463. – Oh, yes, that’s right. Thanks.
你好
Hello.
很意外
Surprised?
是的
Yes.
没有能甩掉我 是不是
No getting rid of me, is there?
我想喝杯酒
I could use a drink.
-来点威士忌 -加水 不要冰
– I have some Scotch. – With water. No ice.
今天怎么样
How did it go today?
-和卡普兰的会面 -是的
– The meeting with Kaplan? – Uh- huh.
他没有出现
He didn’t show up.
很奇怪 是不是
It’s funny, isn’t it?
怎么奇怪
Why funny?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章怒海孤舟
下一篇文章艳贼
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!