We’re not in the class, right?
其他人都有资格吗? -你擅长很多其他的事
Did everybody else qualify? -You’re good at so many other things.
你要现实一点 -我很现实
You gotta be realistic. -I am.
抱歉
Sorry.
那接下来呢?
So what next?
我很抱歉 梅尔
I’m sorry, Mel.
我本想为我们两个得到这项工作
I wanted this for both of us.
为我们所有人
For all of us.
一个更好的生活
A better life.
你知道我喜欢超级英雄吗?
You know I have a thing for superheroes?
你想成为一个吗?
You wanna be one?
狗有它们自己的鼻子
Dogs have their noses.
我以为如果我的搭档有超能力
I always thought if I had a partner with a superpower,
这可以掩盖我的弱点
it would cover for my weaknesses.
在骑警学院的时候 你为了弥补 诵读困难和过度活跃的问题
In trooper academy, you made up for dyslexia and hyperactivity
通宵学习、看磁带书
with all-nighters and books on tape.
比你高大的人 会在拳击台上狠狠地揍你
Bigger guys than you hit you hard in the boxing ring.
你从不会摔倒
You would not drop.
然后你在强制比赛前摔碎了膝盖
Then you shattered your kneecap just before that mandatory race,
你痛苦地一瘸一拐着走了三千米
and you hobbled the entire two miles in pain.
我是最后一名
I came in last.
你完成了比赛
You finished.
也许计划中没有
Maybe it’s not in the plan.
从这里我看不到前方的路
I can’t see a path forward from here.
纯粹的意志力是行不通的 我可以逼自己 但露比不行
And sheer willpower’s not gonna work. I could push myself but not Ruby.
我知道
I know. I know.
房♥子
House.
我带着礼物来的
I come bearing gifts.
我们要烧烤吗? -你选的狗跟你一样
Are we having a barbecue? -You chose a dog just like you.
对 你之前说过了 说过不止一次
Yeah, you’ve said that. More than once.
你讨厌学校 你不想坐在自己的书桌前
You say you hated school. You didn’t want to sit at your desk.
你想到处跑 不想看书 -读书不是我喜欢的
You wanted to run around, not read. -Reading’s not my thing.
老师低估了你 但你一直都很聪明
Teachers underestimated you, but you have always been smart.
你没说到你说到的重点
No… You didn’t get to the point where you get to the point.
你在家上学会做得更好
You would’ve done better homeschooled.
那时候可没有
Didn’t really have that back then.
在家教育应该能理解你的不同
Homeschooling would have appreciated your differences,
你的能量、你的热情
your energy, your passions.
鼓励自己的优势 而不是关注自己的弱点
Encouraging your strengths instead of focusing on your weaknesses,
并为自己量身定制课程
with lessons tailored to you.
马上回来 小家伙
Be right back, buddy.
你妈妈是个天才
Your mother’s a genius.
嗨 小家伙
Hi, little man. Oh!
(K9训练手册)
也许K9♥学♥校不适合露比
Maybe K9 school’s not for Ruby.
也许它需要的是一对一的学习
Maybe what she needs is one-on-one learning
还有一个尊重它独特能力的老师
with a teacher who respects her unique, special abilities.
更多的乐趣、更少的工作
More fun, less work,
更安静地解决问题 少大喊大叫 对吧?不受欺负
more quiet figuring things out, less yelling, right? No bullies.
通过K9认证考试的方法不止一种
There’s more than one way to pass that final exam for K9 certification.
对 我会用完我所有的假期
Right. I’ll use all my vacation days.
从明天开始
Starting tomorrow.
不过 恐怕这方面没有有声读物
Doubt there’s an audiobook for this, though.
我来做你的有声读物
I’ll be your audiobook.
嗨 孩子 这些都是什么?
Hi, kid. -Hey. What is all this stuff?
K9犬必须习惯看到可怕的东西
K9 dogs have to get used to seeing gruesome stuff.
我明白了 -来吧
Oh, I get it. -Come on.
很好!
Good!
寻找
Find it.
很好 好孩子!你找到了手♥机♥
Good. Good girl! You found the phone.
很好!
Good! -Whoo!
它确实取得了很大进展
She sure has come a long way. Huh?
我们有钱了!
Hey! We’re rich!
哇?这是真的吗?
Whoa! That real?

Yeah.
来自我的牙医 -再解释一遍这个
From my dentist. -Explain this one more time.
作为一个失踪人口 你不给露比一些他们的东西吗?
For a missing person, you wouldn’t give Ruby something of theirs to sniff?
不 它正在学习只寻找人类的气味
No. She’s learning to seek human scent only.
它会根据命令知道该搜索什么
So she’ll know what to search for based on the command I give her.
这东西可能是被人触碰过的东西 也可能是死人或活人
It could be something touched by a person, or it could be a person, dead or alive.
喂 丹尼尔 我们觉得露比需要一些社交活动
Hey, Daniel. We figured Ruby could use some socializing.
我们的狗也需要进行社交
Our dogs could use it as well.
多谢
Nice.
告诉过你了 他们都在谈这个
Told ya. They’re all talking about it.
给你 -谢谢
There you go. -Thank you.
啤酒? -谢谢
Gansett? -Thank you.
免费的汉堡 丹尼 -没错
Free burgers, Danny boy. -That’s right.
免费的啤酒!
Free beer!
为明天感到紧张吗? -并不
You nervous about tomorrow? -No.
骗子 -没错
Liar. -Yep.
你想让我去吗? -不想
You want me to come? -No.
如果我们失败了 我都不敢看你了
If we fail, I won’t be able to look at you.
好吧
Okay.
“K9认证考试每年举♥行♥一次”
“The K9 certification exam is given once a year.”
“此考试要求训练者 和K9犬在30分钟内
“It requires handler and K9 to seek three specific items
沿着户外球场寻找三件特定物品”
along an outdoor course in 30 minutes.”
好吧 就这一次
Okay, just this once.
好孩子 露比
Good girl, Ruby.
过去的六周是一段旅程
The past six weeks have been a journey.
看看谁来了 丹尼尔·奥尼尔
Look who’s here. Daniel O’Neil.
你书上说我们必须上你的课 还是只通过你的期末考试?
Nowhere in your book does it say we have to take your class, only pass your final test.
来吧 我们来试试 -他们非常努力
Yeah. Come on. Let ’em try. -They’ve worked hard, earned the right.
我只是想要说…
I was just gonna say…
很高兴看到你回来 丹尼尔·奥尼尔
It’s nice to see you back, Daniel O’Neil.
听好 考试会是这样的
This is how it will work.
每队有30分钟的时间找到三样东西
Each team will get 30 minutes to find three things.
手♥机♥
Cell phone,
火器、人体残骸
firearm, human remains.
首先 彼得和科尔
First up, Peter and Kohl.
我们可以先来吗? -你着急赶飞机吗?
Could we go first? -You got a plane to catch?
我就是很紧张
I’m… I’m just anxious.
他们可以先来 没关系
They can go. It’s fine.
好吧 丹尼尔和露比先来
Okay. First up, Daniel and Ruby.
走吧
Come on.
考试从这里开始
Test starts out here,
在里面结束
finishes inside.
你的时间现在开始
Your time starts now.
好 寻找 来吧 寻找
Okay, seek. Come on. Seek.
它找到了
She has it.
第一个物品 手♥机♥
First object. Cell phone.
干得好 继续 -寻找!
Good job. Keep going. -Seek!
它找到了
She has it.
第二个物品
Second object.
火器
Firearm.
这是在两分钟之内找到的第二件物品 简直不可思议
That is two objects in less than two minutes. Extraordinary.
现在我们进去 -露比 走吧
Now we head inside. -Ruby, come on.
你们的狗可以休息一下 等我们回来
Your dogs can relax until we get back outside.
他们去哪儿了? -里面
Where are they? -Inside.
那不在手册中 -我知道
That’s not in the manual. -I know, right?
但他们目前为止做得很好
But they did really good so far.
萨雷拉总是有 一、两个隐藏的秘密计划
Zarella’s always got a trick or two up his sleeve.
好了 露比 好 好了
All right, Ruby. Okay. All right.
最后一个物品
Final item.
人类遗骸
Human remains.
好 现在你去吧
Right. Now you go on.
去寻找!
Look for it!
哇!
Whoa!
什么情况?
What the heck?
这地方很大 -我们封闭了一些地区
It’s a big place. -We blocked off some wings.
加油 露比
Come on, Ruby.
它在跟你说什么?
What’s she telling you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!