你不喜欢她吗
Don’t you like her?
我很喜欢她 我也很喜欢其他的女孩子
l like her a lot. l like a lot of girls a lot.
-你说的没错 -你拿着枪做什么
-You can say that again. -What are you doing with that gun?
莱纳斯 把枪放下
Put that thing away, Linus!
你看看 这是最伟大的塑胶 一点刮痕也没有
Look at that. The greatest plastic ever made. Not a scratch.
我好奇它能不能 抵挡得住火箭炮
l wonder how this’d stand up against a bazooka?
麦卡多小姐 向史丹顿将军借火箭炮
Miss McCardle, ask General Stanton if we can borrow a bazooka.
是的
Yes, Mr Larrabee.
-回到刚刚的话题 -打火机借我
-To get back to my problem… -Lend me your lighter.
我并不想娶伊莉莎白泰森
Linus, l have no intention of marrying Elizabeth Tyson!
不会烧起来 不会烧焦 也不会融化 如何
Doesn’t burn, doesn’t scorch, doesn’t melt. How about that!
我已经结了三次婚了
l’ve been married before. l’ve had it three times.
这一次是经由家族批准的
This time the family approves.
你得做些有建设性的事 尝尝看
You’re going to do something constructive. Taste it.
娶她跟建设性有什么关系
What’s constructive about marrying her?
-尝尝看 -甜甜的
-Taste it. -lt’s sweet.
这是用甘蔗糖做成的
lt’s made of sugar cane.
甘蔗 等等
Sugar cane. Wait a minute…
泰森在波多黎各 拥有最大股份的甘蔗园
The Tysons own the largest holdings of sugar cane in Puerto Rico!
第二大 最大股份没有女儿
Second largest. The largest have no daughter.
我开始有点明白了
lt’s all beginning to make sense.
泰森先生拥有甘蔗 而你拥有塑胶的制♥造♥公式
Mr Tyson owns the sugar cane, you own the formula for the plastics
而我就是工业发展的牺牲品
and l’m offered as a sacrifice on the altar of industrial progress!
你说的好像热狗王朝的儿子
You make it sound as if the son of the hot dog dynasty
将要娶芥末业的女儿
had to marry the daughter of the mustard king.
她父亲身家两千万 你不会拒绝吧
Surely you don’t object to Elizabeth because her father has $20 million?
你真是目光如豆
That’s very narrow-minded of you.
还有一件事 我还没求婚而她也还没答应
Just one thing. l haven’t proposed and she hasn’t accepted.
别担心 我已求婚 而泰森先生也答应了
Oh, don’t worry. l proposed and Mr Tyson accepted.
-你有吻他吗 -伊莉莎白是个很好的女孩子
-Did you kiss him? -Elizabeth is a lovely girl.
迟早你都会求婚的 我只是帮你早下决定
Sooner or later you’ll propose. l’m helping you make up your mind.
-那就你去娶她 -我
-Then you marry her. -Me?
有什么好笑的
What’s so funny?
我如果要结婚 度蜜月时就得带口述录音机
lf l got married, l’d have to take a Dictaphone, two secretaries
两名秘书和四名公♥司♥顾问
and four corporation counsellors along on the honeymoon.
我可能会每晚对我太太不忠实
l’d be unfaithful to my wife every night
都和副总裁 董事们 还有会计师在一起
with vice presidents, boards of directors, slide-rule accountants…
这里就是我的家 我太太永远不会明白的
This… this is my home. No wife would ever understand it.
我也不明白 你赚那么多钱
Nor me. You’ve got all the money in the world.
赚钱只是做生意的副产品
Making money isn’t the main point of business. Money is a by-product.
最主要的目的为何 权力
-What’s the main objective? Power?
那样说就有点难听了
Ah! That’s become a dirty word.
你急于进军塑胶业 是要证明什么
What’s the urge? You’re going into plastics. What will that prove?
没有要证明什么
Prove? Nothing much.
只是发明一个新产品 一个对世人有用的产品
A new product has been found, something of use to the world.
这是一门全新的行业
A new industry moves into an undeveloped area.
建立工厂 送进机器 那就能开始做生意
Factories go up, machines go in and you’re in business.
以前的穷♥人♥也变得富有起来
lt’s coincidental that people who’ve never seen a dime now have a dollar
赤脚的孩子有鞋可穿 不用蓬头垢面
and barefooted kids wear shoes and have their faces washed.
急切有什么不妥
What’s wrong with an urge
我们能带给人们图书馆 医院和棒球场
that gives people libraries, hospitals, baseball diamonds
还可以在周末晚上去看场电影
and movies on a Saturday night?
-叫秘书们进来 -是的 赖瑞毕先生
-Send in the secretaries. -Yes, Mr Larrabee.
你让我听起来责任重大
You make me feel like a heel.
如果我不跟她结婚 波多黎各的孩子就要赤脚走路
lf l don’t marry her, some kid will run around Puerto Rico barefoot!
你看这些塑胶 飞机和西装都会用这个制♥造♥
Look at this stuff. Planes and suits will be made of it
你也可能可以吃它
and you’ll probably be able to eat it.
我们正在筹备赖氏塑胶厂 赖氏建筑公♥司♥已经有了计划
We’re organising Larrabee Plastics. Larrabee Construction has the plans.
赖氏航运买♥♥了九艘货船 来处理运输工作
Larrabee Shipping bought nine more freighters to handle the traffic.
-一切都已经准备妥当 -我就是这个意思
-The wheels are in motion already? -That’s what l mean.
你们可以示范重力测验 给大卫先生看吗
Would you demonstrate the weight test to Mr David, please?
-莱纳斯 我相信你 -快站上去
-Linus, l believe you. -Up you go.
我要你看看它多么有弹性
l want you to see how resilient it is.
女士们 请开始跳
Bounce, please, ladies.
很不错的塑胶吧
Some plastic, eh?
我们要在夏天举♥行♥婚礼 还能等得及今年的甘蔗收成
We’d like a summer wedding to get in on this year’s sugar crop.

Yeah.
我想你一定会很快乐的
l think you’re going to be very happy.
亲爱的爸爸
Dearest Father,
我们下星期就要毕业了 我将会拿到我的文凭
we shall be graduating next week and l shall be getting my diploma.
我这两年过得很快乐 这都要归功于你
l want to thank you now for the two most wonderful years of my life.
感谢你将我送来这里 我永远爱你
l shall always love you for sending me here.
夜已深
lt is late at night
对街有人在弹 玫瑰人生
and someone across the way is playing La Vie En Rose.
法文的意思就是
lt is the French way of saying,
透过玫瑰色的玻璃看世界
“l am looking at the world through rose-coloured glasses. ”
这首歌♥让我感触万分
lt says everything l feel.
爸爸 我在这儿获益良多
l have learnt so many things, Father.
不只是如何烹调出美味食物
Not just how to make vichyssoise or calf’s head with sauce vinaigrette,
还有一些更重要的事
but a much more important recipe.
我学习到如何过日子
l have learnt how to live,
如何生活在这个世界中
how to be in the world and of the world…
而不是只站在旁边冷眼旁观
..and not just to stand aside and watch.
我再也不会逃避人生
And l will never, never again run away from life,
或者逃避爱情了
or from love, either.
我星期五会搭机返国
l am taking the plane home on Friday, Father.
你不需要来机场接我
You needn’t pick me up at the airport.
我会自己搭火车回家的
l’ll just take the Long lsland Rail Road
4点15分你来火车站接我
and you can meet me at the train, the 4: 1 5.
如果你认不出我来
lf you should have any difficulty recognising your daughter,
我会是在火车站最优雅的女人
l shall be the most sophisticated woman at the Glen Cove Station.
想召计程车吗 小姐 我算你便宜点
Taxi, miss? Cheapest rates in Glen Cove.
你好吗
Hello! How are you?
我很好 你好吗 请问你是谁
Well, l’m fine. How are you? And l might add, who are you?
-我是谁 -我认识你吗
-Who am l? -Am l supposed to know?
不 你不认识我
No, you’re not supposed to know.
-你是不是被放鸽子 -我父亲说好来接我的
-Are you stranded? -My father was meant to pick me up.
无论令尊是哪位 我都很乐意
Whoever your father is, l’ll be eternally grateful.
-载你回家 -你可以载我回家
-That is if l can give you a lift. -You can drive me home.
太好了 我帮你提袋子
Good! l’ll get your bags.
-你住在哪里 -多索瑞道
-Where do you live? -Dosoris Lane.
多索瑞道 我也住在那里
Dosoris Lane? Say, that’s where l live!
-真的吗 -我们一定是邻居
-Really? -Sure. We must be neighbours.
而且我相信要爱你的邻居
And l believe in loving thy neighbour.
我也是
Oh, so do l.
来吧 大卫
Come on, David.
-它叫大卫 -是的
-David? ls his name David? -Yes, it is.
太有趣了 我也叫大卫
That’s funny. My name’s David, too.
这真是太有趣了
That is funny, isn’t it?
你确定不告诉我你的芳名
Sure you don’t want to tell me your name?
没错 这真是太好玩了
Positive. l’m having much too much fun.
好吧 悉听尊便
All right, if you want to play games…
-你一直都住在这里吗 -没错
-Have you always lived here? -Most of my life.
我发誓北湾的美女我都认识
l’d swear l know every pretty girl on the North Shore.
我发誓你认识的不只那些
You take in more territory than that.
真令人发狂 我觉得你很面熟
This is maddening. l’ve seen that face before.
让我再看看你的侧脸
Let me see your profile again.
我认识你
l know l know you.
我有种感觉我曾见过你 和你父亲
l have a feeling l’ve seen you… with your father.
-你父亲是不是史达瑞上将 -不可能
-ls your father Admiral Starratt? -Hardly.
我看见他穿着某种制♥服♥
Funny. l keep seeing him in a uniform.
给我个提示吧 你父亲是做什么的
Give us a hint. What does your father do?
-他是从事交通运输业 -交通运输
-He’s in transportation. -Transportation?
-纽约中♥央♥铁路 -不是
-Railroads. New York Central. -No.
-环球航♥空♥公♥司♥ -不是
-Planes. TWA. -No.
-美国海运 -不是
-Boats. United States Lines. -No.
-我猜不到 -汽车业
-l pass. -Automobiles.
克莱斯勒
Oh? Chrysler?
是的 克莱斯勒 福特 还有通用汽车和劳斯莱斯
Yes, Chrysler and Ford and General Motors and Rolls-Royce.
他是那些公♥司♥的董事吗
ls he on the board of all those companies?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章电视台风云
下一篇文章困在爱中
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!