我打算再给你一次机会
I gonna give you another chance.
可能没人在听 也可能你♥爸♥在听
Maybe no one’s listening, or maybe your father is listening.
科特先生 如果是你在听 你好 最近怎么样
Mr. Court. If you’re listening to this, hello. How are you?
如果我接了 我们只会复合
If I pick it up, we’ll only get back together.
那就别接
Then don’t pick it up.
-你知道怎么做最好 -总之 可能我并不了解你
– You know what’s best. – Anyway, maybe I didn’t know you.
可能你只是海市蜃楼
Maybe you’re a mirage.
可能世界就是食物 性 和奇观交叠产生的幻象
Maybe the world is a blur of food and sex and spectacle,
每个人都在朝着一座神殿猛冲
and everyone’s hurtling towards an acropolis,
如果是这样 那就不是你的错 知道吗
in which case it’s not your fault, you know?
可能这么做也有好的一面 我也说不清
Maybe it’s a good side to this. I don’t know.
我一直在想这些事
I’ve been thinking about things.
你可能正在旁边听
You’re probably standing there monitoring.
那么 还有件事
So just, uh, one other thing.
我写给你的信 能拜托你撕了吗
The letter that I wrote you— could you please rip it up?
用核弹炸 用火烧 毁掉它
Nuke it. Flame it. Destroy it.
一想到信还在你手里我就难过
It hurts me to know it’s out there.
能帮我这个忙吗
Will you do that for me?
好的 再见
All right. Later.

Hello?
你好
Hi.
是送给您太太的吗 我们可以整套卖♥♥
Is it a gift for your wife? We could put a set together.
不 我已经离婚了 是给女儿用的
No, I’m not married. It’s for my daughter.
原来是上学用的
Oh, going to school.
-是的 她拿到了奖学金 -真厉害
– Yeah, she won a fellowship. – Good for her.
这整套我都要了
I’ll take the whole set.
好极了
Excellent.
我得告诉你 你的笑容是我这周见过最美的
I gotta tell you. You- You got the best smile I’ve seen all week.
谢谢 我也喜欢您的笑容
Thanks. I like yours too.
你看 我不知道你叫什么 但…
Listen, I don’t know your name, but, uh-
能一起吃个午餐吗
what are you doin’ for lunch?
抱歉 您的卡被拒了
Um, I’m sorry, but they turned down your card.
好吧 这还有 我给你另外一张
Well, here, then let me give you another card.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thanks.
我恐怕这张也刷不了
I- I’m afraid I can’t accept this one either.
您的账户上有个冻结码
There’s a… “Decline” code on your account.
我本该没收您的卡
I’m supposed to confiscate your card,
但你还是拿走吧
but why don’t you just- go ahead and take it?
-没收吧 -你确定吗
– Oh, keep it. – You sure?
是的 我不想要了
Yeah, I don’t want it.
非常感谢 你是个好人
Uh, thank you very much. You’ve been very kind.
爸 你在里面还好吗
Dad, are you okay in there?
我马上就完事了
I’m just finishing up in here.
♪我会驾着车远行♪
♪I drive off in my car
♪但无论我选择哪条路♪
♪But whichever way I go♪
♪都会回到你身边♪
♪I come back to the place you are♪
♪我所有的本能♪
♪All my instincts♪
♪都重新回归♪
♪they return♪
♪伪装的华丽外表♪
♪And the grand facade♪
♪就要被烧光♪
♪So soon will burn♪
♪悄无声息♪
♪Without a noise♪
♪抛下自尊♪
♪Without my pride♪
♪我从内心深处向你呼唤♪
♪I reach out from the inside♪
♪在你眼中♪
♪In your eyes♪
♪那光量 那热度♪
♪The light, the heat♪
♪在你眼中♪
♪In your eyes♪
♪我彻底融化在你眼中♪
♪I am complete in your eyes♪
♪我在你的眼中看到一扇门♪
♪I see the doorway in your eyes♪
♪通向一千座教堂♪
♪To a thousand churches♪
♪在你眼中♪
♪In your eyes♪
♪你眼中的决心♪
♪The resolution in your eyes♪
♪哪怕是无果的搜寻♪
♪Of all the fruitless searches♪
詹姆斯·科特一案
Regarding James Court.
-14号♥办公室 -谢谢
– Room 14. – Thanks.
我本该拿着奖学金出国留学的
I’m supposed to be leaving on a fellowship…
我几乎为此努力了一辈子
that I worked for my entire life,
但现在我却根本不在乎
and I don’t even care.
今年夏天我遇见了一个男孩
I met this boy over the summer,
因为这事我不能再见他
and I- I can’t see him because of this,
我不能跟他说话
and I can’t- I can’t talk to him.
我也不能跟我爸说这件事
I can’t talk to my father about this.
我穿着光鲜的衣服 心想着
And I wore these clothes. I thought- I thought that…
如果我外表体面 行为得体
if I looked right, and if I acted right,
就会有人愿意找我谈
then someone would talk to me.
但我看上去糟透了 感觉也糟透了
But I look awful, and I feel awful.
你能跟我谈谈吗
Could you- Could you please talk to me?
稍微发发善心
Be a little decent.
好吧
All right.
我们认为你父亲的经营资金
We believe that your father operates
来自一个巨大的现金池
from a large pool of cash…
这些钱是通过伪造账单 伪造病人信息非法获取的
that comes from phony billing, phony patients.
我们已经调查他五年了
We’ve been investigating him for five years.
我们认为他的病人去世后 他就吞下他们的钱
We believe, when they die, he takes their money.
你说什么
Pardon me?
你何不自己去核实一下呢
Look, why don’t you check it out for yourself.
看你父亲符不符合这个犯罪侧写
See if your father fits the profile.
-什么犯罪侧写 -看看你家里
– What’s the profile? – Well, take a look around the house.
是不是所有物件都很高档 但又不会太过分
Is everything nice but not too nice?
是不是有很多地毯
Are there a lot of, uh, rugs,
艺术品 音响设备 家具
pieces of art, stereo equipment, uh, furniture-
许多用现金买♥♥的东西
a lot of things bought with cash?
他经常送礼吗
Does he give a lot of gifts?
大件物品的价值是不是接近9000美元
Do the major items in your house hover around the $9,000 range?
你是在套我的话
You’re trying to get me to say something.
所以你才告诉我这些
That’s why you’re telling me this.
别让你父亲的生意影响你的生活
Don’t let your father’s business infect your life.
你怎么能这么说
How can you— How can you say that?
-因为他有罪 -不 他没有
– Because he’s guilty. – No. He’s not.
我们有记录 有证据
We have the records. We have the proof.
我很抱歉得由我来告诉你这个事实
I’m sorry to be the one to have to tell you this,
但情况还会更糟
but it’s going to get worse.
如果我是你 我会接受那笔奖学金
Now if I were you, I would take that fellowship.

Dad?
有人吗
Anybody home?
他们害我开始怀疑你了
They made me doubt you.
你怎么了
What happened to you?
爸 你真的做了吗 你拿那些钱了吗
Dad, did you do it? Did you take that money?
亲爱的 没有 别傻了
Sweetheart, no. Don’t be ridiculous.
你对上帝发誓
Swear to God.
-我得知道真♥相♥ -亲爱的
– I need to know the truth. – Honey!
-你发誓 -我对上帝发誓
– Swear to God. – I swear to God.
我发现那些钱了
I found the money.
-亲爱的 不是你想的那样 -我该怎么想
– Honey, it’s not what you think. – What am I supposed to think?
亲爱的 关于什么事的
Well, honey, about what?
你偷他们的钱 你对我撒谎
You stole from them! You lied to me!
你觉得这会让我是什么感觉
How do you think that’s supposed to make me feel?
-你以为你清楚这是什么钱 -是的 我…
– Oh, think you know what this money is? – Yes, I-
不 你不知道 这不是给我准备的钱
No, you don’t know what it is! It’s not for me.
这是给你准备的
This money’s for you,
等你从英国学成归来
for when you come back from England with honors,
让你安定下来 不用再依赖任何人
to set you up so you never have to depend on anybody again.
黛安 我比他们的家人还尽职尽责地照顾他们
Diane, I take better care of those people than their families do.
我照料着他们 我给他们送花
I care for them. I give them flowers.
我喂他们吃饭 我给他们擦嘴
I feed them. I wipe their mouths.
-不 但你借此偷钱 -我让他们活得更好
– No, but you stole from them! – I make their lives better!
你让我站出来维护你
You let me defend you.
你明知道自己有罪
And you knew you were guilty,
你还把我卷进去 天呐 爸 你怎么能…
and you let me become a part of it! God, Dad, how could—
好了 好了 你说吧
All right. All right, go ahead.
等我老了 也把我送到像我这样的人那里去
When I’m old, give me someone like me,

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章罪恶之家
下一篇文章大鱼
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!