为什么 为什么不能 回家吧 小子 银行倒闭了
-Why not? Tell me why not. -Go on home, son. The bank has failed.
先生 那是我所有的积蓄
Sir, that’s all my savings.
我上学的钱在里面 他们把我的钱套里面了
I had my money for school in there. They got my money in there.
先生 那是我上学的钱 你的钱没了
-Sir, that’s my money for college. -Your money’s gone.
没了
Gone?
他们什么意思 他们说钱没了 妈妈
-But what are they talking about? -They talking about, it’s gone, Ma.
我们又得从头再来
We’ll all just have to start over.
无法争取了 木已成舟 感觉真糟糕
-Can’t fight it now, it’s done. -lt just feels so wrong.
花了七年存的那笔钱
Took me seven years to save that money.
不止你一人在那家银行存了钱
You’re not the only one who had money in that bank.
没了就没了
It’s done, it’s over with!
我们还有家人嘛
We still got each other, Viv.
是的 有家人
Yeah, we got each other.
穷♥人♥们只有家人了
That’s all poor people ever have is each other.
不要割着套管下边 那是股动脉
There’s no cut down the cannula, the femoral vein.
我给你演示过
I showed you how to do it.
我了解了如何给它从 静脉注射镇静剂
I figured out a way to give it barbital intravenously.
怎么做的 从前蹄
-Where you putting it? -ln the forepaw.
压力计
The manometer.
博士 都准备妥当了
It’s all set up, Doctor.

Good.
你可以下刀了 我还没准备好
-You can begin the incision. -I’m not ready for that.
我说你行你就行
I say you’re ready, you’re ready.
我划条线 你沿着它下刀
I’ll mark out the line. And you cut along it.
就像给你父亲开刀一样
Just like you did for your old daddy.
象这样
Like this?
就这样 手要麻利
Just like that. Keep your hand taut.
为何在这里下刀
Why are we making the incision here?
为了找到肺动脉 怎么找到它 维维安
-To gain access to the pulmonary artery. -And how will we find it, Vivien?
心脏右边通向肺的动脉就是
It’s the artery leading to the lungs from the right side of the heart.
不错
Not bad.
肋骨延展器
Now the rib spreader.
为什么要破坏可怜的布鲁图的 血管
And why are we gonna damage poor Brutus’ greater vessels?
为了诱发外伤性休克 然后研究它
To induce traumatic shock, to study it.
注意压力计
Watch this manometer.
想象一下布鲁图是个16岁的小伙
And imagine that Brutus is a 16-year-old boy…
为了救妈妈的小猫从树上栽下来
just fell out of a tree saving his mom’s cat.
摔折了4跟肋骨 昏迷不醒
He’s broken four ribs, he’s concussed.
爸爸急忙送他去急救室
Dad’s rushed him to ER.
但他休克过去 血压下降
But he’s gone into shock. His blood pressure’s way down.
生命指标殆尽
His vital signs almost nonexistent.
我们能救活他吗
Can we save him?
除非我能找到新的治疗方法
Not if I use present methods of treatment.
传统做法认为我应该紧缩血管
See, conventional wisdom says I should constrict the vessels.
我不认为是这样 让我们打破他们的教条
I beg to differ. Let’s break their rules.
采用我们的规则
Use my rules.
身体需要血液
Body needs blood.
那就给它一些
Let’s give it some.
那个测量仪多少
How’s that gauge?
还在降
Still falling.
也许专家们是对的 也许我错了
Maybe the experts are right. Maybe I’m wrong.
也许我会还害死这孩子 伤他妈妈的心
Maybe I’ll kill this boy and break his mother’s heart.
上升了
It’s rising.
这是生命在复苏
That’s life coming back.
怎么会有这种感觉 好
-How’s that make you feel? -Good.
很好 博士
Very good, Doctor.
我们看看工作记录
Let’s look at the record of our work.
smoke drum呢 什么
-Where’s the smoke drum? -I’m sorry?
smoke drums
The smoke drums.
你没有准备smoke drums记录仪吗
You didn’t set the smoke drums?
什么是smoke drum
What is a smoke drum?
那就是smoke drum 你♥他♥妈♥犯晕了吗
That’s a smoke drum. What the fuck is wrong with you?
我需要smoke drum来记录所有
I record all the information I need for
研究工作的信息
my research on a smoke drum.
我不知道有那回事
I did not know that.
都当耳边风了吗
Is nobody listening to me?
什么事都要我亲自来做
I have to do everything myself.
一整天的工作泡汤了 又都得重来
A whole day’s work goes down the toilet, and I have to start all over again.
你脑子里装的是锯末还是大粪
Do you have sawdust or just plain shit for brains?
你到底在搞什么 好 要走就走吧
Where the hell do you think you’re going? Fine, get out of here.
你到底在搞什么 好 要走就走吧
Where the hell do you think you’re going? Fine, get out of here.
维维安 老天
Vivien. Jesus.
等等 拜托 我并不总是这样发脾气
-Hold on a minute, will you? -I was not raised to take that type of talk.
请原谅 我没控制住脾气
My apologies. I’m sorry I lost my temper.
通常助手们要几个月学会的
Normally it takes assistants months to learn
你几天就够了
what you picked up in a matter of days.
不会再有这种事了
It won’t happen again.
拜托了
Please.
女士们 先生们 音乐停一会好吗
Ladies and gentlemen. Fellows, take the music down, will you?
谢谢了 女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you.
前天我跟克明瀚将军提起过
I mentioned to Gen. Cunningham the other day…
艾尔把我们从全国各医学院选来
how proud we were that Al had chosen us…
我们真是不胜荣幸
over all the medical schools in the country.
约翰 把你的话再跟大家说一遍吧
John, why don’t you tell everyone what you said?
非常乐意 沃尔特
Be glad to, Walter.
我一个月前刚从前线回来
I just got back from a month at the front.
在意大利和北非的战地医院里
There are thousands of our boys in field hospitals…
成千上万的我们的小伙子
all over North Africa and ltaly…
因为巴诺克博士在休克方面的治疗手段而 保住了生命
who owe their lives to Dr. Blalock’s work in the treatment of shock.
我想告诉每个人 我们多么感激他
I want everyone here to know how grateful we are to him…
并为他感到骄傲
and how proud you all should be.
说得对
Hear, hear.
巴诺克博士 请 谢谢
-Dr. Blalock, welcome. -Thank you.
谢谢 将军 艾尔 请你上来讲两句…
Thanks, General. It’s great to have you here, Al…
但说真的 我们倒想让玛丽上来
but truth be told, it’s Mary we really want.
有请我们新的外科系主任
Our new Chairman of the Department of Surgery…
我的老朋友 阿尔费雷德·巴诺克 博士
my old and dear friend, Dr. Alfred Blalock.
谢谢 沃尔特
Thank you, Walter.
玛丽和我欢迎各位莅临寒舍
Mary and I welcome you all to our home.
孩子们也是
As do our dear children.
萨蒂 让他们睡觉去
Sadie, get them to bed, now.
约翰·霍普金斯 1795-1873
美国慈善家霍普金斯医学院和霍普金斯大学创立者
谢谢约翰·霍普金斯医学院
Thank you, Johns Hopkins, for my prodigal return…
在田纳西浪荡15年后
after 15 years in the Tennessee backwoods.
有幸回到这里
To find myself back here.
美梦成真
Dreams do come true.
你们是全国顶尖的外科医生 领导你们我很荣幸
You’re the best surgeons in the country and I’m honored to lead you.
引用一句流行语
To use a timely reference:
“齐心协力 我们荡平海滩”
“We’ll storm the beaches together. Shoulder to shoulder.”
探寻医学的奥秘
Lay siege to the mysteries of medicine.
我们将沿着霍普金斯医学院的光荣历程前进
We’ll make the kind of progress Hopkins used to be known for.
我确信我们一定会共同实现大事业
I know we will accomplish great things together.
我期待着下一个重大发现
I’m looking for my next watershed discovery…
不想太循规蹈矩
not to put too modest a point on it.
只是做优秀外科医生是不够的
It’s not enough for us to be great surgeons.
我们需要做杰出的研究者 你们有何想法 有何创新
We need to be outstanding researchers. Any ideas? Anything innovative?
皮肤移植怎样 测试植皮的后果
What about skin grafts? Testing what skin grips might take.
皮肤只是个皮囊吗 不 它防止外部感染
-lsn’t skin merely packaging? -No, it keeps out infection.
打搅 博士 我可以说说吗
Excuse me, Doctor, may I suggest something?
请 我洗耳恭听 再报一下你的名字
Please do. I’m very suggestible. Tell us your name again.
我主持过哈尼特儿科诊所 陶西格博士
-I run the Harriet Lane Clinic for children. -Dr. Taussig. Yes, of course.
隆美尔博士 卡尔文博士 库尼博士
Dr. Longmire, Dr. Kelven, Dr. Cooley.
我看过你的研究
I’ve read about your research.
关于先天性心脏畸形的 是的
-On congenitally malformed hearts. -Yes.
小孩 妇女们的心脏
Boy, women and their hearts.
维维安 给 陶西格博士一杯饮料
Vivien, would you get Dr. Taussig a drink?
你想喝什么 香槟就够了
-What would you like? -Champagne would be lovely.
喝点香槟启发下我们的灵感
Let’s lubricate the vein of inspiration.
陶西格博士 继续 接着说
Go on, Dr.Taussig tell us more.
这病到目前为止被认为是 不治之症
It’s something that up to now has been written off as untreatable.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!