我做过各种工作 你能说得上的 我都做过
I’ve done all sorts. You name it, I’ve done it.
以土建为主
Mostly building work.
打地基 做排水
Ground work. Er… Drainage.
挖掘 划线
Digging out, marking out.
水泥工 修屋顶
Concreting, roofing.
铺地板 铺路 做标记
Flooring, paving, flagging.
修理管道 木工
Plumbing, joinery.
我连坟墓都挖过 什么都都干过
I’ve even dug graves. I’ve done it all.
那你为啥不做了呢
So why’d you give it up?
无论做什么 身后总有人在盯着 不是么
Well, there’s always someone on your back, isn’t there?
冬天还要在工地上干活
And after spending all that time every winter on sites
蛋都快冻掉了 我就有点受不了了
freezing your balls off, well… it just gets a bit much.
那园艺之类的活儿呢
What about the landscaping work?
我本来还挺喜欢的
Yeah, I loved it. You know…
每天都能出去转转 和不同的客户打交道
Out and about. Different customers every day,
去不同的房♥子 接不同的活
different houses, different jobs.
我也会点移花接木的活
You know, I’m a bit of a grafter and that as well.
只是可惜
It’s just a shame
和我一起工作的伙计们没啥本事
the lads I was working with weren’t.
一群懒鬼
A set of lazy bastards.
所以
So, erm…
我宁愿自己单干 自己给自己打工
Yeah, I’d rather work on my own now and be my own boss.
-那你领过失业救济金吗 -没
– Have you ever been on the dole? – No.
从来没有过 我也是个有自尊心的人
No, no, no. I’ve got my pride.
我宁愿饿死
I’d, er… I’d rather starve first.
说得不错 瑞奇
Music to my ears, Ricky.
亨利没说错 你很有斗志
Henry was right. You are a trooper.
那咱先把话说清楚吧
Let’s just get a few things straight at the start,
怎么样
though, shall we?
你不是来给别人打工的 你是来加盟的
You don’t get hired here. You come on board.
我们把这个叫做加盟
We like to call it on-boarding.
你不是为我们工作 而是我们的合伙人
You don’t work for us. You work with us.
你不是来给我们开车的 是凭你的本事来加盟
You don’t drive for us. You perform services.
因此也没有雇佣合同 也没有绩效指标
There’s no employment contracts. There’s no performance targets.
你达到了运输的标准
You meet delivery standards.
没有底薪 只有运输费
There’s no wages, but fees.
我说清了吗
Is that clear?
-懂 -明白了么
– Yeah. – Clear?
是的 我听懂了 完全没问题
Yeah, yeah, yeah. It sounds all right, yeah. Good. Yeah.
没有固定上班打卡时间 你要随时有时间
No clocking on – you become available.
你和我们签了合同 你就成了车主加盟商了
You sign up with us, you become an owner driver franchisee.
主宰自己的命运了 瑞奇
Master of your own destiny, Ricky.
优胜劣汰
Sorts the fucking losers from the warriors.
-你准备好了吗 -准备好了
– You up for that? – Yeah.
我等待这样的机会已经…好久了
I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this for… ages.
正式加盟前还有一件事儿要讲清楚
Just one more thing before we go ahead with the franchise.
你是自己有小货车 还是要用我们的
You bringing your own van or are you gonna hire with us?
如果可以的话 我想先问问亨利
I’ll have a word with Henry if that’s all right.
那你回头告诉我
Just let me know.
一切都是你自己做主 瑞奇
Like everything around here, Ricky, it’s your choice.
你得从长打算 瑞奇
You’ve gotta think long-term, Ricky.
如果车子里程数太高或者电池不灵了
If there’s too much mileage or it’s battered to hell
你会耽误一整天的工作
and you lose a day’s work,
然后你还得花钱找人替你
then you’ve got to pay for the replacement.
200镑就这么打水漂了
That’s a 200-quid kick in the balls straightaway.
所以你可得选辆好点的车
That’s why you’ve got to go for something decent.
我用的那种
I went for one of these.
因为空间大
It’s cos it’s bigger,
放得下超大的包裹
which means I can get all the oversize parcels in.
又很灵活 也是加分项
Flexibility – a bonus.
但又不会大到很难开
But still small enough that it doesn’t affect your driving.
这种车我连开过24小时
I’ve been doing 24 hours straight in one of these.
没错 但是要一万四啊
Yeah, but it’s 14 grand.
不了 艾比会埋怨的
Nah, Abby will have kittens.
-我们还在还贷款 -你算算帐好吧
– We’re still paying the loan off. – Do the maths, right.
这货车每个月均下来才要多少 四百镑吧
A van like that’s gonna cost you what? £400 a month.
如果你要问公♥司♥租的话
If you hire one from the company,
那就是65镑一天 是每天啊
that’s 65 quid a day. Every day.
你只需要有
You need to find yourself
小一千的定金就可以开走一辆了
nigh on a grand deposit for one of these vans.
没戏啦
No chance.
丽莎·简 你该睡了
Liza Jane, you should be in bed.
-我睡不着 -对不起 亲爱的
– I just couldn’t sleep. – Oh, I’m so sorry, darling.
对不起 今晚聚餐久了一点
Sorry, the tuck-ins took a little bit longer than usual.
-是因为老乔吗 -是 我们在酒吧找到他了
– Was it Old Joe? – Yeah, found him in the pub.
-睡觉吧 -他去酒吧干嘛
– Get to bed. – Why was he there?
我明天再和你说
I’ll tell you tomorrow, cos
明天我会尽量早回来一点儿 我保证
I’ll try and get home a bit earlier. I promise, OK?
-好 -来吧
– OK. – Come on.
书看了吧
You read your book?
货车卡车中心
每月支付416.28英镑 总计15986.08英镑
每个月要416镑啊 你不能用公♥司♥的车吗
It’s £416 a month. Can you not get a company van?
那要每天65镑 合每个月两千呢
They’re £65 a day. Which is two grand a month.
简直像多付了一份房♥租
Throwing money away like the rent.
的确 但是那样你没啥风险啊
Yeah, but then you don’t have the risks.
是 但我开了25年车 连个小剐蹭都没有过
Yeah, but 25 years driving without a scratch.
而且我每天至少可以挣155镑
Plus I’m guaranteed 155 quid a day.
亨利每天挣200镑呢
Henry’s doing 200 quid a day.
我完全可以赶上他
And I can be just as quick as him.
那就是每周一千二 不是每月
That’s £1200 a week, not a month.
是 但你每天要上14小时班 每周6天
Yeah, but it’d be like 14 hours a day, six days a week.
我都看不着你了 我们很难见面
I never see you. We never see each other.
我知道万事开头难 但是
Look… I know it’s gonna be tough at the start but…
等我♥干♥满12个月
But, I mean, after 12 months under my belt…
就可以扩大运输规模了
I can expand the franchise.
-是这样么 -对
– Yeah? – Yeah.
我们得搏一把
Look, I think we need to take the leap.
不然的话 我们就得一辈子租♥房♥♥住
Otherwise, we’re gonna end up renting for ever.
我们要有自己的房♥子
We want our own place.
我不想住在一个
I don’t wanna live somewhere
别人来决定我们可以住多久
where we’re told how long we can stay
要不要搬家的地方
or whether we need to move out.
不过买♥♥车需要一千镑首♥付♥
We need to find a £1000 deposit, though, for the van.
一千镑
£1000?
我们已经入不敷出了
We’re already up to our eyes in debt.
值钱的只有我的车了
The only thing we’ve got is my car.
我不能卖♥♥掉我的车
I… I can’t get rid of my car.
我不能卖♥♥♥车♥ 我要开车工作
I can’t sell it. You know I need it for work.
-乘公交呗 -不行
– Just get the bus. – I can’t.
有的客户住得特别远
My clients, some of them live miles away.
而我必须准时到岗 你是知道的
I need to be there at a certain time. You know this.
艾比 你心太软了 你去值个早班就行了
Abby, you’re too soft. Just go and do the mornings.
做好午餐 然后下午回家看孩子吧
Do the lunches, get back here in the afternoon for the kids.
-其他的我来负担 艾比 -我知道你会
– And I’ll pick the slack up, Abby. – I know you will.
但这不是我心软的问题 这就是我的工作
But it’s nothing to do with being soft, it’s my job.
艾比 听着
Look, Abby, listen.
给我两年的时间
In two years’ time
就能挣够钱买♥♥♥房♥♥子
we’ll have enough money together to get our own place.
就付得起按揭的首♥付♥
We’ll have the deposit for a mortgage.
终于回来了 我差点叫搜援队
Oh, at last. I was gonna send a search party out for you.
-我出门了 怎么了 -你湿透了
– I’ve been out. Why? – You’re soaking.
你怎么没穿大衣啊
Why haven’t you got your coat on?
-桌上的是什么信 -我们正在商量
– What’s all these letters on the table? – We’re just talking.
你♥爸♥想创业
Your dad’s gonna start his own business.
是的 加盟别人
Yeah, starting a franchise.
你要接管麦当劳了吗
Taking over McDonald’s?
-不是 就你会猜 -他要开运货车
– No, you smartarse. – No, he’s gonna get a delivery van.
-车啥颜色 -白的
– What colour? – White.
所以说你要开一辆白色货车吗
So you’re gonna be a white van man?
是 如果你喜欢的话
Yeah, if you like, yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!