我得去看看提案
I have to catch up on the issues.
跟人♥民♥大众一样
Like all of them!
Bud
Bud.
我知道选举那晚发生了什么
I know what happened election night.
我在写报导
I’m running the story.
我只是来确认一下是否是真♥相♥
I just want to make sure I’ve got my facts right.
酒保说你晚上7:30才离开
The bartender claims you left at night about 7:30.
是真的吗
Is that correct?
是的
Yes
你有足够的时间到选举站
Giving you plenty of time to meet at the polling station…
进行投票
And cast your vote…
是吗
Right?
我想是的
I… guess so.
我确认一下
Just making sure.
对不起 我有东西给你
I’m sorry. I got something for you.
一时间忘了自我
Kinda forgot who I was for a moment.
原谅我吗
Forgive me?
看你表现了
That depends.
今晚能否帮帮我 也帮助他
Can you help me, help him tonight?
乐意至极
I’d love to.
我有两份工作 为了
I work two jobs just trying to make…
去年我儿子被诊断为
Last year my son was diagnosed with…
立法机构更新了基本条例
Law makers renewed the primary
使低收入艾滋病病人获得福音
Programs for low income hiv and aids patients.
大家晚上好
Good evening everyone.
这是来自一个美国小镇的现场直播
We come to you live from a small american town…
一个几周前还鲜为人知的小镇
A town most of us had never heard of just a few weeks ago.
甚至在地图上都很难找到
A town you couldn’t find on the map…
因为新墨西哥 特克西科镇 并不在地图上
Because Texico, new mexico, wasn’t on the map.
但现在情况不同了
But it’s on the map now.
全世界的目光都空降到该镇
The whole world has descended on
来鉴证这历史性的一刻
this town for an historic event.
一个不同寻常的政♥治♥辩论会
A political debate unlike any other.
明天早上 Earnest·Bud·Johnson
Tomorrow morning, Earnest bud Johnson
将迈入投票站 做出抉择
Will walk into a voting booth and make a choice.
而他的选择 将对未来产生深远的影响
And his choice will affect our lives for generations to come.
整个州都陷入了癫狂 你觉得呢
The states could not be higher. what do you expect?
我真想知道 我们的开国者如何看待此事
I wonder, what the founding fathers would make of all this.
他们觉得失望无比 还是欢欣鼓舞
Would they be mortified, or would they be jumping for joy?
我感到 富兰克林总统和杰斐迅总统
Something tells me that somewhere right now…
正微笑般地注视着这里的一切
Franklin and jefferson are looking down and smiling.
微笑还是讥笑
Smiling or laughing?
我不知道他们对于Bud·Johnson的态度如何
I don’t know if they’re smiling on bud Johnson
这厮绝不是他们心中
That’s not exactly who they had in
选择美国总统的最佳人选
Mind for picking the president of the usa.
我们派出的这个人 在此之前 可以说
We’re sending someone out there who really is, as far as,
完全不辨方向
We can tell lost.
今晚在演讲台上 他能够找到自我吗
Can he find himself suddenly, tonight on this stage
还是干脆让自己像蠢蛋一样出丑
Or is he going to look like a rodeo clown down there?
我觉得今晚真的很难说
And I think it’s fear to say, tonight,
举国都将注视 让我们拭目以待
the whole country is watching and we watch with you.
我要吐了
I’m gonna puke.
Bud 看着我 看着我
Bud, look at me. look at me.
表现出本色就行 你是最棒的
Just be yourself. you’re gonna be great.
记住 不许讲粗口
Hey, remember dad. no cussing! okay?
-好吧 -乖
-fine. -fine.
Johnson先生 还有1分钟 请过来
Mr. Johnson, one minute, please.
祝你好运
Good luck!
激动人心的一刻
And so we begin.
人群已落座 我们走向讲台
The crowd has settled down and we go to the stage…
正向大家呈现的是
For what promises to be…
美国政♥治♥史上最特别的一刻
the most unique moments in american political history
总统阁下 Greenleaf先生
Mr. president, Mr. greenleaf…
感谢你们的盛情邀请
I’d like to thank you for your hospitality.
的确是相当有趣
it’s been real interesting.
我无意间讲过很多话
I’ve said a lot of thing I didn’t mean.
你们却双双做出很多
And you both made a lot of promises…
可能无法履行的承诺
You probably won’t be able to keep.
老实说 过去的10天好像做了场怪梦
To be honest, the last 10 days have felt like a weird dream.
一时的幽默 已经不再好笑
What was once kinda funny, isn’t anymore.
据我所知
From what I’ve read, I’ve…
我已经把整个美国给吓着了
Well, I’ve scared the hell out of america.
我知道 我吸引了世界的瞩目 甚至嘲笑
I know that the world is watching, maybe even laughing.
电视里的人们 甚至说
People on my own tv, are saying…
美国活该落到这步田地
That america, somehow, deserves this moment.
我想罪魁祸首 指的就是我
Guess that means me.
我的人生充满了失败和坎坷
I can’t say that I’ve been much of anything most of my life.
我是个得过且过的人
It’s sorta like somewhere along the way…
现在才发现 我其实胸无大志
I check out and it’s not like I had big dreams to begin with.
但我也曾经有过梦想
But I had something once.
我有我的信仰和愿望 或是别的
I had something close to faith or hope or whatever…
你们用来描述美妙人生的词汇
Whatever word you want to use for how good life could be.
年复一年 时光流转
But the years start moving quicker and all of a sudden…
现在才发现美好的人生
What’s going good out there for every else…
没有想象的完美
Isn’t going so good for you.
今晚 我感到很…惭愧
But, tonight I feel…embarrassed
我一次又一次地错过机遇
I’ve had my chances, more than most.
我在生长在这个国家
I’ve grown up in a country where…
要是我珍惜时光 没有任凭自己堕落
If I decided to do more with my life than just drift and drink
我也有机会
That I could be standing where…
与你们一样有所成就
Where maybe you stand tonight.
但我却游戏人生 一无所成
Instead, I’ve taken freely and I’ve given nothing.
我觉得很羞愧在我…女儿面前
I’m ashamed in front of my…daughter
和我的国家
And my country.
我从未为社会做出过贡献和牺牲
I’ve never served or sacrificed.
唯一被要求认真对待的事情
The only heavy lifting I’ve been asked is simple stuff, like…
也很简单 好比关注大选
Pay attention. vote…
对于美国
For america has a…
如果今晚美国有一位敌人 我觉得便是我
If america has a true enemy tonight, I guess it’s me.
今晚 一位中下阶层的公民
Tonight a below average man is going
将在两位特别的人里做出选择
To choose between two exceptional men.
明天 有一个人的投票 将开创历史
Tomorrow, one man’s vote is going to make a difference…
因为明天我们将选出总统
’cause tomorrow we’re gonna have a president.
他不应仅为坐上华盛顿的那个位置
And not just someone to fill a chair in washington.
他的能力远不止演讲的那么简单
We need someone who’s bigger than their speeches.
就像在学校课本里讲到的那类总统
The kind of president we learned about in school.
美国需要一位思想家
America needs a big thinker.
像个真正的伟人
You know, like a giant, really.
一位能够先天下之忧而忧的伟人
Someone has the good sense to get front of our problems
一位智慧超穷带领大家攀登的伟人
Somebody who has the wisdom to lead to us a place…
攀登向和平世界与和谐人类的高峰
Where we’re at peace with ourselves and the world.
负责地告诉你们 我要你们
And just for the record, I want you both…
我要你们清楚 我认真考虑过你们两位的
I want you both to know that I think a hell a lot of you.
今晚 我要替素未谋面的人们向你们提问
Tonight, I am going to speak for people I have never met…
这些信件以我认为不可能的方式打动我
The letters touched me in a way I didn’t think was possible.
第一个问题来自
My first question comes from…
彼得·曼西丝 来自肯塔基州 哈得迅市
Peter manthis, in henderson, kentucky.
Johnson先生你好
“dear mr. Johnson…
我和我太太有3个女儿
My wife and I have three little girls.
我们两人都有工作 希望日子过得幸福
We both work two jobs just trying to make ends meet.
但最近几周 情况却不乐观
And some weeks, we don’t make it.
当你努力工作 却依然无法照顾好家庭时
when you work hard and still can’t take care of your family
作为男人 你不禁会问
You start to question yourself as a provider, as a man.
我为这国家努力工作 我为我自豪
I know I am one. I fought for my country and I’m proud of it.
但我真的很害怕想象
But it scares me to think about what
要是我有个女儿生病了怎么办
Would happen if one of my kids got sick.
能帮我问下竞选人
can you ask the candidates,
若我国是世上最富有的国家
If we’re richest country in world
为何还有很多人陷入生活的困境
How come some many of us can barely afford to live here?”
我愿意回答第一个问题
I’d like to take that one first,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!