我想…
I’d like….
要是我有勇气的话 我早就自杀了
If I had the courage, I’d like to die.
别说傻话
Don’t talk such flummery.
你为什么不早点来看我呢?
Why didn’t you come to see me sooner?
我会帮你分担的 孩子
I’m going to take you in hand, my girl.
-这里还有工作吗? -在这个鬼地方?
-Do they still have work here? -In this wretched place?
只要你能忍♥受 这里永远会有工作等着你
There’s always work here for them as can abide it.
来 喝点我煮的鲜美的汤
Come. You have some of my nice soup.
然后…
After that…
你得脱下你破烂的衣服 打扮打扮自己…
…you must take off those slummocky clothes and prettify yourself…
好让我忌妒
…just to make me jealous again.
我的小苔丝
My little Tessy.
你是新手?
Are you the new hand?
原来是你啊
It is you, is it?
这些是你干的?
Be they all you’ve done?
你干得太慢了
It is a mighty poor show.
-她还不习惯呢 -我这里不留没用的人
-She’s not accustomed to it. -I don’t keep useless hands here.
反正我们做多少算多少 做得快还是慢有什么区别呢?
We’re only paid for what we do, so where’s the difference?
不用再说了.我要这里全都清理干净
No arguments. I want the whole lot cleared.
我会加班的
I’ll stay late.
你最好如此
You’d better.
别理会那个格鲁比
Never you mind that Groby.
他那人就是这样.不 主爱我们
It is just his way. No, Lord love us.
这里跟牛奶场可不一样
It is not like it was at the dairy.
农场主每天监视我们…
Dairyman Dick all the week.
星期天他的脖子终于抽筋了
On Sundays, Mr. Richard Crick.
但在这里祈祷是没有用的 小姑娘
It don’t do to pray here, missy.
这地方是受了诅咒的
There be a curse on this place.
-这里是受诅咒之地 是吗? -是的
-This is the Cross-in-Hand, isn’t it? -So it is.
据说很久之前有人在这残酷地折磨一个罪犯
On account of a malefactor they tortured here in ancient times.
他们把他的手钉在柱上 然后再把他吊死
They did nail his hand to a post, and then they hanged him.
据说这个惨死的罪人的尸骨 到现在还在这里呢
The sinner’s bones be down there to this day, I’m told.
亲爱的 你对这种人怎么看呢?
Oh, my dear. What do you think of these kind people?
星期二.欣喜的日子
Tuesday. Delighted.
-再见 -晚上见
-Goodbye. -Till evening.
什么?
What?
你找到了什么?
What are you finding?
一对旧靴子
An old pair of boots.
有一对吗?
Are there two of them?
-是的 -真奇怪
-Yes. -Well, how extraordinary.
这靴子还不错
Still in good condition.
把这么好的靴子扔掉太造孽了
It’s wicked to throw away a good pair of boots like that.
这对穷♥人♥会很有用的
They could be of use to the poor.
-你带回家里去吧 -我会的
-You must take them home with you. -I will.
-沾了一点泥 -是的
-They’re a little muddy. -Yes.
先生
Sir.
在格鲁比先生那里
Over there. Mr. Groby.
我对你的遭遇毫不知情
I knew nothing of your circumstances.
直到你母亲写信给我
Nothing at all until your mother wrote me.
-我母亲? -她在信中…
-My mother? -She wrote…
说出了你早该对我说的话
…what you should have told me a long time ago.
所以我立刻赶来
I came at once.
苔丝
Tess.
你为什么一直都不告诉我呢?
Why did you never say anything?
我没什么要跟你说的
I had nothing to ask of you.
你当然应该告诉我
That isn’t so.
你像穿着刚毛衬衣的苦行者一样倔强得可笑
You wear your ridiculous pride like a hair shirt.
你使我罪孽更深重了
And you’ve put me even more in the wrong than I was.
而且这违背了我的意愿
Against my will.
我本来可以为我的孩子尽父亲的责任
I’d have done my duty by the child.
以我的名誉起誓 我一定会的
On my honor, I would.
名誉
Honor.
我要带你离开这个鬼地方
I want to take you away from this wretched place.
你不该呆在这种鬼地方
It’s unworthy of you.
你这样莫名其妙地受这样的煎熬 有什么意义呢?
What is this strange temptation misery holds for you?
理智点
Come to your senses.
跟我走吧
Come away with me.
你父亲病了 你知道吗?
Your father’s ill. Did you know?
知道
Yes.
恐怕他凶多吉少了
They fear the worst.
他一死 你家租的地就会被收回
Your family will be evicted if he dies.
你的家人像你现在一样穷困不堪
They’re quite as destitute as you.
我真诚愿意帮助你们
I’m offering you my help, sincerely.
再没有其他人会在乎你的死活了
No one else seems to care.
你丈夫到底是谁啊?
Who is this husband of yours anyway?
-他怎么可以这样把你抛弃了呢? -请你别烦我
-How could he abandon you like this? -Please leave me alone!
苔丝
Tess!
超过一定限度 固执就会变成愚蠢了
There’s a point beyond which obstinacy becomes stupidity.
你这么喜欢这份苦差事吗?
Are you in love with this drudgery?
我虽然不是真正德伯家的后人 但我能为你做的…
I may be a sham d’Urberville, but my finger can do more for you…
比你高贵血统的真正祖先要多得多
…than all your blue-blooded ancestors.
我是对的
I’m right.
你知道我是对的
You know I am.
忘了过去的一切吧
Forget about all this.
忘掉那个你称之为丈夫的混♥蛋♥吧
And forget about that mule you call your husband.
来啊 还手啊
Go on, hit me.
我不会叫的
I shall not cry out.
一失足成千古恨
Once victim, always victim.
这是不变的真理
That’s the law.
我以前曾是你的主人
I was your master once.
我现在还会成为你的主人
I shall be so again.
不管你是谁的妻子…
If you’re any man’s wife…
你都是属于我的
…you’re mine.
我亲爱的丈夫…
My own dear husband….
我亲爱的丈夫…
My own dear husband….
要是我再收不到你的来信 我将不久于人世
…I shall die soon unless. I get word from you..
我所有的信 你一封都没回
All my letters have. remained unanswered..
你难道没收到我的信吗?
Have you even received them?.
我只渴望一件事…
I long for one thing only….
那就是与你重聚
…and that is to see you again..
回到我身边吧 安琪
Come back to me, Angel..
回到我身边解除我所受到的巨大威胁吧
Come back and save me from. the thing that threatens me..
任何有理智的人都回觉得你的做法太愚蠢了
Any reasonable person would call this a ludicrous situation.
我主动帮助你…
I offer to help you…
和你全家
…you and all your family.
但你不领情
But no.
你宁愿像吉普赛阿样到处流浪
You prefer to turn yourselves into gypsies.
请你走开
Please go away.
换句话说 克莱尔太太…
In other words, Mrs. Clare…
你是请我看着你饿死
…you’re asking me to let you starve in peace?

Go away!
你很快就会懂得要对我礼貌些了
You’ll be civil yet.
我和我的孩子们怎么办?
What’s to become of me and my poor little mites?
我们就是德北菲尔德家 这上面写得恨清楚不是吗?
We be the Durbeyfield family. It is written there, isn’t it?
我承认 是写得很清楚…
Oh, it is written plain enough, I grant you…
但这房♥间已经被人买♥♥了
…but the rooms have been taken.
你连保证金都没有
You never sent the deposit.
母亲 他是说用分期付款买♥♥这房♥子
He means the money to be paid on account, Mother.
先生 人命比钱更重要啊
There’s more in life than money, sir.
你不能让这群失去父亲的孩子们流落街头啊
You cannot leave these fatherless children in the street.
-这简直是犯罪 -太太
-It would be a crime! -Missus.
好客之道是神圣的 这是连土耳其异教♥徒♥都懂得的事情
Hospitality’s sacred, even among the pagan Turks!
拜托 太太 这是你自己的错
Please, missus, it is your own fault.
我们走着瞧
We’ll see about that.
我们可是骑士世家德伯氏的真正后人
We’re true descendants of the knightly d’Urbervilles.
没人能把我们像垃圾一样随便扔在街上…
Nobody leaves us in the streets like horse apples…
尤其这是在我们的祖屋之前
…not in the home of our ancestors.
我们祖先的尸骨 还躺在那地下墓穴的棺材里呢
Our bones are in the crypt there, laid out in their coffins!
母亲 我求你了 别再说了
Mother, I beg you. Don’t take on so.
别怕 孩子 真的假不了
No, my girl. What’s true is true.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!