你可怜的父亲在看着我们呢 我们绝不能让他蒙羞
Your poor father’s eyes are on us. We mustn’t shame him.
上帝会惩恶扬善
The Lord will protect his own, and the wicked shall be punished.
你不走了是吗?
Bain’t you stopping here, then?
不 好心的先生 我们要继续走
No, my good man, we’re going on.
好心的先生? 我的耐性快没了
Good man? My beasts are spent.
我本该在回玛洛特的路上的
I ought to be getting back to Marlott.
停下 等一下 等等
No, wait! Wait!
现在把东西卸下来吧
Now, unload it all.
-卸在哪? -就这里
-Where? -Here.
-这里? -是的 这里
-Here? -Yes, here.
我们应该在教堂旁边扎营…
We shall camp beside our church…
直到我们的先祖为我们找到庇护之所
…until the town of our ancestors finds us shelter.
来 孩子们 开始动手吧
Now, come on, children. Set to work.
为什么我的命这么苦?
Why am I on the wrong side of this door?
-谁在那? -是我 父亲 我是安琪
-Who’s there? -It’s me, Father. Angel.
我的孩子 我可怜的孩子
My boy. My poor boy.
我之前病了 不过现在没事了
I’ve been ill, but I’m quite all right now.
你为什么对我如此残酷 安琪?
Why have you treated me. so monstrously, Angel?.
你不该这样对我
I do not deserve it..
我已经反复考虑过…
I have thought it over carefully….
我是永远永远不会原谅你的
…and I can never, never forgive you..
你冷酷无情.我要尝试忘掉你
You are cruel.. I shall try to forget you..
你一直都对我很不公道
All I have received at. your hands is injustice..
德北菲尔德先生
Mr. Durbeyfield.
请问你说什么?
Beg pardon?
你是德北菲尔德先生吗?
You are Mr. Durbeyfield?
他们现在不住这了
They don’t live here no more.
什么时候搬的?
Since when?
自从约翰.德北菲尔德死后
Since John Durbeyfield died.
你知道他们搬到哪里去了吗?
Do you know where they went?
约翰·德北菲尔德 生于1832 卒于1888
“John Durbeyfield, 1 832 to 1 888.
曾经显赫的骑士世家德伯氏…
More properly d’Urberville…
源于征服者威廉王时代…
…of the once powerful family of that name…
的真正骑士…
…and descended through an illustrious line…
的真正后人
…from Sir Pagan d’Urberville, one of the knights of the Conqueror.
“奈何无数英雄竞折腰”
How are the mighty fallen.”
说得再对也没有了
Oh, yes. How indeed.
可以吗? 献给穷♥人♥
May I? For the poor.
还不如给这个泥水匠
I prefer to settle the mason’s account.
他修这碑还没收工钱呢
He has never been paid for his work.
他们家很怪
They were an odd family.
特林汉姆先生要是不多嘴倒还不错
Mr. Tringham would have done better to keep his mouth shut.
我想见克莱尔太太
I should like to see Mrs. Clare.
克莱尔太太
Mrs. Clare.
就是苔丝
Tess.
是的 我知道她不在
Yes, I know. She’s not here.
你是德北菲尔德太太?
You are Mrs. Durbeyfield?
是的
Yes.
她住在哪里?
Where is she living?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我是她丈夫
I’m her husband.
我猜也是
I guessed as much.
那告诉我她在哪里
Then tell me where she is.
求你告诉我
Please tell me.
别烦她了 让她安静地过日子吧
Leave her. Leave her in peace.
我可怜的女儿已经够苦了
My poor girl has suffered enough.
她不想见你.永远不想
She don’t care to see you, sir. Never.
德北菲尔德太太…
Mrs. Durbeyfield…
可怜可怜我这个孤独的人吧
…take pity on a lonely, wretched man.
告诉我哪里可以找到她
Tell me where to find her.
我求你了
I beg you.
-她在桑德本 -在桑德本?
-She’s at Sandbourne. -Sandbourne?
但在桑德本哪里啊 那地方现在可变成了一个大城镇了
But where? It’s a large town these days.
我只知道在桑德本
That’s all I know. Sandbourne.
对不起
Excuse me.
我在找一位克莱尔太太
I’m looking for a Mrs. Clare.
你会不会碰巧知道她住在哪里呢?
Would you by any chance know her address?
不知道 嗨乔治 你附近有姓克莱尔的女人吗?
No. Hey, George. You got a Clare on your round?
克莱尔?
Clare?
没有.而且我们这里来往的人很多
No. We get a lot of visitors here, you know.
或者一位德北菲尔德小姐
Or a Durbeyfield. Miss Durbeyfield.
住在荷伦有位德伯小姐 -对了 就是德伯
-D’Urberville at The Herons. -That’s it, d’Urberville!
先生 那房♥子是间公♥寓♥ 你肯定会找得到
-Is a boarding house, sir. Can’t miss it. -Whereabouts?
什么事?
Yes?
抱歉这个时候来访…
Please excuse me for calling at this hour…
不过请问你们这里是否有位特丽莎.德伯?
…but do you have a Teresa d’Urberville staying with you?
你是说德伯太太? -是的
-Mrs. d’Urberville, you mean? -Yes.
请进
Please come in.
你能告诉她 她一个亲戚很想见她吗?
Would you tell her that a relative is anxious to see her?
现在还很早 请问您的名字是?
It’s rather early. What name shall I give?
-安琪 -先生姓安琪?
-Angel. -Mr. Angel?
不 名为安琪.是我的教名.她知道的
No, Angel. It’s my Christian name. She’ll understand.
我去看看太太醒了没有
I’ll just go and see if she’s awake.
苔丝
Tess.
我来求你原谅我
I came to ask your forgiveness.
太晚了
It’s too late.
太晚了?
Too late?
我亲爱的妻子…
My darling wife…
我来找你来了 -不要
-…I’ve come to fetch you. -Don’t.
安琪 别过来 求你了
Don’t come near me, Angel, please.
太晚了
Too late.
太晚了
Too late.
我已经不是以前的我了
I’m not the man I was.
我也饱受煎熬
I’ve suffered too.
我谦卑地请求你原谅我
I humbly beg you to forgive me.
我原谅你
Yes.
我原谅你…
Oh, yes, yes.
但我要告诉你 已经太晚了
But I tell you, it’s too late.
你不知道吗? 你不…?
Don’t you know it all? Don’t you–?
-你怎么找到这里来的? -我不得不…
-How did you find your way here? -I had to–
去见了你母亲
I saw your mother.
我一直在等你 等啊等…
I waited and waited for you…
但你都没有回来
…but you didn’t come.
我写信给你 你也没有回
I wrote to you, and you didn’t come.
他对我很好 对我全家人都很好
He has been good to me, to all of us.
我现在已经属于他了
He has won me back to him.
他就在楼上
He’s upstairs.
安琪 你走吧
Go now, Angel.
请你走吧
Go, please.
再也不要来找我了
And never come back anymore.
早上好 亲爱的
Good morning, my dear.
怎么回事啊?
Well, what’s the matter now?
你不舒服吗?
Are you feeling unwell?
所以你才哭了
Is that why you have the vapors?
是吗?
Yes?
不是吗?
No?
我知道了
Yes, I know.
你又像平时那样郁郁寡欢
We’re moping as usual.
看在上帝的份上
For God’s sake.
试试开朗一点
Try and make an effort.
你做了恶梦吗?
Did you have a bad dream?
也许是关于巴西的恶梦?
Brazil, perhaps?
这些天你歇斯底里的行径真是令人难以接受
These morning hysterics of yours are in poor taste.
别忘了我们还要和班尼特一家去午餐呢?
Don’t forget we’re lunching with the Bennetts.
我希望你到时得表现得像样点
I’d like you to look presentable.
像个真正的德伯氏一样高贵
A genuine d’Urberville.
我来告诉你我已经把他杀了
I came to tell you that I’ve killed him.
我已杀了他
I’ve done it.
我也不知道自己是怎么动手的
I don’t know how.
我不知道
I don’t know.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!