史蒂芬和他弟弟盖瑞
Both Stephen and his younger brother Gary
‎和他们的妈妈关系很紧密
were really close to their mother.
‎那让他们非常难过
It was very upsetting for them.
‎你们要带上你们妈妈
You’re taking their mammy.
‎他们让她非常快乐
They were a great lift to her.
‎她那么早就去世了
She died at such an early age.
‎史蒂芬亲眼见到了 ‎命运会有多么的不公平
Stephen had seen firsthand how unjust fate can be.
‎这也对他的个人哲学产生了影响
It did inform his personal philosophies.
‎活在当下
Live for today,
‎因为你永远都不知道未来会发生什么
for you never know what’s coming down the line.
‎所以他想体验世界的每一个角落
So he wanted to drink up every last drop of the world.
‎亚马孙雨林、刚果和印尼
The Amazon, Congo, and Indonesia.
‎去这些地方一直是我的梦想
It had always been a dream of mine to get to these places.
‎我小时候会收藏《国家地理杂♥志♥》
When I was young, I collected National Geographic.
‎我记得有一张照片 ‎是大猩猩在泥炭沼泽地上涉水而行
I remember, it was a picture of a gorilla wading through this peat bog water,
‎而这张照片是在刚果北部拍摄的
and this photograph was taken in Northern Congo.
‎我出发去了刚果 想要寻找大猩猩
I was going to travel to Congo, and then find the gorillas.
‎那是一次令人生畏的经历
It was kind of a daunting experience.
‎我从没做过那样的事
I’d never done anything like this.
‎你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
‎史蒂芬 史蒂夫也行
Stephen. Steve.
‎-史蒂芬? ‎-对
Stephen? -Yes.
‎-你是基♥督♥徒吗? ‎-是的
Huh. Are you Christian? -Yes.
‎-我们爱尔兰人都是… ‎-新教♥徒♥?
In Ireland, we are– -Protestant?
‎不是 天主教♥徒♥
No, Catholic.
‎棕榈酒
Palm wine.
‎是的
Yes?
‎嗨 你好
Hi. – Hello.
‎她当上村落女王有多久了?
She’s been the village queen for how long?
‎-六年了 ‎-六年了?好
Six years now. – Six? Okay.
‎看来今晚我要和这家人一起过夜了
Looks like I’m staying here tonight with this family.
‎显然 每一个 ‎过了这条河的人都会患上河盲症
Apparently, everyone who crosses the river gets river blindness.
‎他们说我也患上了 我得去做治疗
So I’m told that I have it now. I’ll have to get some treatment.
‎终于
At last.
‎刚刚过了刚果国境
Just over the Congolese border.
哇!
Whoa!
‎-我们到了 ‎-好的
So here we are. – Okay.
‎去这样的地方 ‎是我一辈子的梦想 我成功做到了
It was one of my lifelong dreams to be in such a place. I was, I’d made it.
‎这件事点燃了我内心的火焰
And this really lit something up inside me,
‎我想用我的人生 ‎去做一些非同寻常的事
to do something really unusual with my life.
‎去寻找我想要找的东西
To find what I was searching for,
‎我知道我需要走人迹罕至的路
I knew I needed to take the less-traveled road.
‎我想一辈子都过自♥由♥潜水的生活
I wanted free diving to be my life.
‎所以 尽管四年 ‎对我来说是很长的一段时间
So even though I saw four years as a really long time,
‎我还是决定:“好 加油 继续练吧”
I said, “Okay. Come on, let’s keep doing this.”
‎换做是其他人 大家都会说:“行吧”
Plenty of others would have said, “Okay.”
‎“那我换一项运动吧”
“I’ll do something else.”
‎她可不是这样 她还是坚持了下去
But not her. She carried on regardless.
‎她继续去泳池里训练
She continued going to the pool,
‎去海里练习
to the sea.
‎然后你就意识到 ‎有一股力量在推着她向前走
Then you realize there’s something that drives her.
‎她18岁那年…
Once she turned 18…
‎就像一颗流星一样 横空出世
she suddenly arrived, like a rocket.
‎她立刻展现出了自己的潜力
She immediately showed her potential.
‎在泳池里游了150米
150 meters in the pool.
‎一开始 这是很惊人的成绩
At first, it was, “Wow.”
‎但是伊拉莉亚的成绩更好
But Ilaria was better.
‎我没想到会取得这么好的成绩
I certainly wasn’t expecting this result.
‎我当时是意大利最强的选手
I was the strongest in Italy.
‎阿莱西娅是唯一一个 ‎能接近我的成绩的人
Alessia was the only one that can get anywhere close to me.
‎但是当时的阿莱西娅特别的…疯狂
But Alessia, in that period, was a really… crazy head.
‎(伊拉莉亚·博宁 意大利国家队)
‎现在是阿莱西娅·泽奇尼
Here’s Alessia Zecchini
‎靠近了200米墙
. Near the 200-meter wall.
‎让我们看看她还会不会转身
Let’s see if she turns.
‎不行 她出水了
No, she’s coming out.
‎她还非常年轻 还是青少年的想法
She was really young, with a teenage mind.
‎她很伤心
She was sad.
‎她很生气
She was upset.
‎真的很辛苦
It was really tough.
‎我知道如果我再逼自己一下 ‎就不会在200米墙那里出水了
I knew if I pushed more, I wouldn’t have come out well.
‎伊拉莉亚·博宁!
Ilaria Bonin!
‎好样的 伊拉莉亚!
Go on, Ilaria!
‎(意大利)
‎如果你想要做第一名
If you want to be the best
‎但你却总是拿银牌
and you always take silver medal…
‎那一定会让你很难受
Ah, it’s something that drives you mad.
‎当有另一个人比你更强时
When someone out there is stronger than you,
‎这也会成为另一个激励因素
it becomes another motivation.
‎我必须进步非常多 ‎才能创下意大利纪录
I had to improve so much to set an Italian record.
‎对我来说 看了纳塔利娅的视频 ‎我才意识到要如何才能取得成功
For me, it took watching Natalia’s videos to realize how I could get there.
‎我想给出的建议是
My advice is that mental relaxation
‎精神放松是自♥由♥潜的根基
is the foundation of free diving.
‎如果想要在水下取得成功
If we want to be successful underwater,
‎就必须要放松 ‎而不是朝着某个目标去奔跑
we should be relaxed, not running towards some goal.
‎她开始用一种全新的方式对待比赛
She start to approach the competition in a different way.
‎她特别的松弛
She was so relaxed.
‎太棒了 停下吧
That’s good. Stop.
‎令人惊叹的224米的成绩
An amazing 224-meter performance.
‎她拿到金牌时感到特别满意
She was so satisfied when she reached the gold medal.
‎恭喜你获得了意大利第一的新头衔
Congratulations for this new Italian title.
‎是的 太棒了 我终于做到了!
Yes, it’s amazing. At last!
‎从那一刻起
That moment was the beginning
‎我们结下了深厚的友谊
of our deep friendship.
‎这个结果是命中注定的
This result was always written.
‎她在自♥由♥潜水方面有着某种超能力
She had some supernatural power with free diving.
‎但泳池对阿莱西娅来说实在是太小了
But the pool was too small for Alessia.
‎大海才是她真正的家
The sea was really her home.
‎史蒂芬以为会在非洲某处 ‎找寻到自己的终极命运
Stephen thought that he’d meet his ultimate destiny somewhere in Africa.
‎和埃塞尔比亚的朋友们在一起
With the lads in Ethiopia.
‎埃塞尔比亚、苏丹
Ethiopia, Sudan,
‎塞拉利昂
Sierra Leone…
‎尼日利亚
Nigeria.
‎他用十分认真严肃的态度做着旅行
He traveled with a lot of care and seriousness.
‎然而 有好几次 ‎差一点就发生了非常糟糕的情况
However, very bad things nearly happened on a number of occasions.
‎在几内亚 ‎发生了一场针对总统的人♥民♥起义
In Guinea, there was a popular uprising against the president.
‎整个早上都能听到枪声
There’s been gunfire all morning.
‎每隔一段时间 ‎就会听到“砰砰砰”的声音
Every so often, you hear, “bam, bam, bam.”
‎他内心充满矛盾 他很痛苦
He was torn and conflicted.
‎他说:“不知道我是否应该 ‎开始做我的朋友们在做的那些事?”
He’d say, “I wonder, should I be doing what all my friends are doing?”
‎“结婚 有些朋友已经有了孩子”
“Getting married. Some of them have children.”
‎“我有什么应该做却没做的事?”
“What am I not doing that I should be doing?”
“我像这样生活究竟对不对?”
“Am I right living my life the way I am?”
‎他有一次问我
He asked me once
‎我是不是对他感到失望
if I was disappointed in him.
‎像这样在全世界游荡
Wandering around the world like this,
‎搜寻着某种连他自己都说不清的东西
searching for something that he couldn’t put his finger on.
‎我在想我的家人和朋友
Been thinking about family, my friends.
‎毫无疑问 这是我人生的最低谷
It is, without doubt, the lowest,
‎是我这辈子最糟糕的一段时间
awfullest time of my life right now.
‎不论如何…
Anyway…
‎明天见吧
until tomorrow.
‎他打算回家过普通人的生活
He was going to come home and live the conventional life.
‎但在回家之前 他要去最后一个地方
But before that, he was going to make one last stop.
‎(埃及 达哈卜)
‎史蒂芬一直都热爱大海
Stephen always loved the sea.
‎他喜欢在大海中进行水肺潜水
He loved scuba diving out in the ocean.
‎他听说埃及有个小镇是潜水员的圣地
He heard that there was a town in Egypt which is kind of a mecca for divers.
‎我记得开车沿海岸行驶 ‎就那么听着大海的声音
I recall going along the coast and just listening to the sea.
‎我对这个地方充满了希望
I got a real feeling of hope about this place.
‎史蒂芬从开罗一路坐车
When Steve drive from Cairo by bus,
‎来到达哈卜后

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!