Oh, Missy, you’re going to jail.
你什么也证明不了
You can’t prove anything.
我百分百肯定是你写的
Oh, I 100 percent know you wrote it.
镇里就你这么贱
Nobody else in town is as tacky as you.
你什么都不知道 希莉
You don’t know anything, Hilly.
我不知道吗
Oh, I don’t, do I?
你告诉艾比琳 下次她再想写
You tell Aibileen the next time she wants to write
我的好朋友伊丽莎白
about my dear friend Elizabeth…
还记得她吗 她的婚礼你还去了
Remember her? Had you in her wedding.
艾比琳该聪明点儿
Let’s just say Aibileen ought to have been a little bit smarter
别把可怜的伊丽莎白家餐桌上
before putting in about that L-shaped scratch
那个L字形的的刮痕写上去
in poor Elizabeth’s dining table.
还有那个黑鬼米妮 我有招治她
And that nigger Minny, do I have plans for her.
小心点儿 希莉 那事在第十二章
Careful, Hilly. That’s chapter 12.
别这么快交底
Don’t give yourself away now.
那不是我
That was not me!
让我告诉你妈妈 你简直成了个嬉皮女
I’ve come to tell your mother what a hippie you’ve become.
她会为你感到恶心
She’s going to be disgusted by you.
怎么了 希莉 你俩没事吧
Why, Hilly. Is everything OK, you two?
菲兰夫人
Oh, Mrs. Phelan.
希莉 你真是一团糟 生病了吗
Hilly, you’re a sweaty mess. Are you ill?
我没病 女士
No, ma’am.
亲爱的 没有丈夫回家想看到个怨妇
Darling, oh, no husband wants to come home and see that.
我没时间收拾
I didn’t have time to get fixed up.
希莉 要是不知道情况的话
You know, Hilly, if I didn’t know any better,
我还以为你馅饼吃多了
I’d say you’ve been eating too much pie.
菲兰夫人 我来是…
Mrs. Phelan, I came here…
其实 我非常了解情况
In fact, I’m sure of it.
你立马滚出我的门廊
Now you get your raggedy ass off my porch.
快滚
Go on.
给我立刻滚
Get off my property. Now!
免得把你嘴上的恶心玩意沾到我们身上
Before we all get one of those disgusting things on our lips!
尤金妮娅 扶我进去
Eugenia. Take me inside, please.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
斯基特 明天你有事吗
Skeeter, do you have plans tomorrow?
-没事 女士 -很好
– No, ma’am. – Good.
因为我们要去购物
Because we are going shopping.
我唯一的女儿可不能
No single daughter of mine is going to New York City
穿着不体面的衣裳
representing the great state of Mississippi
代表密西西比去纽约城
without a proper cosmopolitan wardrobe.
你怎么知道纽约的事的
How do you know about New York?
斯坦小姐昨晚打过电♥话♥
Oh, well, Miss Stein called last night.
勇气有时并非代代相传
Courage sometimes skips a generation.
谢谢你让我们的家重获勇气
Thank you for bringing it back to our family.
我不能这样留下你
I can’t leave you like this.
尤金妮娅 我已经决定了
Eugenia, I have made a decision.
这几周我身体明显好转了
My health’s been on the uptick these last few weeks,
我也知道医生管那叫
and I know the doctor says
回光返照什么的狗屁
it’s some kind of last strength nonsense,
但是我已经决定不死了
but I have decided not to die.
妈妈
Oh, Mama.
太迟了 我想让范尼·梅
It’s too late. I tried calling Fanny Mae’s
未来二十年都帮你做头发
to make all your hair appointments for the next 20 years,
但是他们不肯
but they wouldn’t allow it. –
我真为你骄傲
I have never been more proud of you.
谢谢
Thank you.
妈妈
Mama.
要帮忙吗
Need some help with those?
米妮
Minny.
-西莉亚小姐 -米妮 别走 米妮
– Miss Celia! – Minny, hey, stop! Minny!
-西莉亚小姐 -米妮
– Miss Celia! – Minny!
-退后 -我来不是想伤害你 姑娘
– Stay back! – I’m not here to hurt you! Girl…
要把树枝放下吗
You gonna put the stick down?
不放
Uh-uh.
听着 西莉亚终于告诉我孩子的事了
Listen, Celia finally told me about the babies.
所有的孩子
All of them.
但我也知道 你过来工作之后
But I also know, the minute you started working here,
她就好起来了
she started getting better.
所以是你救了她的命
So, you saved her life.
你一直都知道我来工作的事吗
You knew I was here the whole time?
第一晚的炸鸡和秋葵吗
Fried chicken and okra on the first night?
至少该在桌子上放点玉米饼吧
Y’all could have at least put some cornpone on the table.
不行
No.
我可不能再让你吃玉米饼了
I couldn’t let you eat no more cornpone,
约翰尼先生
Mr. Johnny.
多亏了你 现在我的裤头都得放宽了
Thanks to you, now I’ve had to let out every pair of pants I own.
放着吧
You just leave that.
给你
Here you go.
我们去屋里
Let’s head on up the house.
这是什么
What’s this?
全是我自己做的
I cooked it all by myself.
对 是她做的 整夜都没睡
Yes, she did. She was up all night.
我想做点特别的事
I wanted to do something special.
来向你道谢
I wanted to say thank you.
所以
So…
我的工作没丢吧
…I ain’t losing my job?
没有 你下半辈子都在这里工作
No, you got a job here for the rest of your life.
如果你愿意的话
If you want it.
这可是蛋白酥皮饼 西莉亚小姐
That’s a mile-high meringue, Miss Celia.
-请 -谢谢
– Please. – Thank you.
记得检查大腿了吗
You remember to check the thighs?
-熟透了 -没夹生吗
– Cooked clean through. – Ain’t pink in the middle?
跟你教我的一样
Just the way you taught me.
看那
Looky here.
桌上的食物给了米妮她需要的力量
That table of food gave Minny the strength she needed.
她把孩子们从乐莱身边带走了
She took her babies out from under Leroy
再也没回去过
and never went back.
这儿怎么有这么多车 我们迟到了吗
What are all these cars doing out here? Are we late?
没有 我们没迟到
No, we ain’t late.
你怎么不去唱诗
Why ain’t you singing?
该担心的是进去找位子
We got to worry about getting in there and getting our seats.
快点 我们迟到了
Come on now, we late!
我们在给谁鼓掌
Who we clapping for?
亲爱的 我们在给你鼓掌
Honey, we clapping for you!
快过来 克拉克姐妹
Come on down, Sister Clark!
快来
Come on.
快来
Come on.
好吧 好吧
All right, all right.
现在是我们教会的一个重要时刻
Now, uh… this is an important time in our community.
而我们得感谢你所做的一切
And we have to thank you for what you have done.
现在
Now…
我们知道你不能在书里署名
We know you couldn’t put your name in here,
所以我们都签了名
so we all signed our own.
谢谢
Thank you.
快拿着 拿着
Come on, now. Come on.
超过两个县的教众都给我们的书签了名
Churches over two counties signed our books.
给你和我
All for you and me.
真美
It’s beautiful.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我得到了纽约的哈帕罗出版社的工作
I got a job offer from Harper and Row in New York.
恭喜恭喜
Congratulations!
-我不打算去 -什么叫你不打算去
– I’m not taking it. – What you mean you’re not taking it?
我不能在闯祸后自顾自离开
I can’t just leave you two here
留下你们俩来承受它的后果
when things are getting bad from the mess that I created.
不 要是坏事发生了
No. If bad things happen,
你什么也做不了
ain’t nothing you can do about it.
而现在这事值得让我们骄傲
And now it’s for a reason we can be proud of.
我没想落井下石
I don’t mean to rub salt in your wound,
但是你在杰克逊镇过不上好日子
but you ain’t got a good life here in Jackson.
再说 你妈妈身体好起来了
Plus, your mama’s getting better.
你在这只剩下一群女青年会的对头

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!