Hope Miss Stein gonna publish it?
寄走前我还要再写一个故事
Well, I have one more story to type before I put it in the mail,
但除此之外 都完成了
but other than that, we’re done.
还差哪个故事
Which one you got left?
我的故事
Uh, mine.
我得跟你谈谈康斯坦丁
I need to talk to you about Constantine.
尤金妮娅 都过去那么久了
Oh, Eugenia, that was so long ago.
怎么回事
What happened?
发生什么了
What happened?
她让我别无选择
She didn’t give me a choice.
美国女儿会刚任命我为州评议员
The Daughters of America had just appointed me state regent.
德高望重的主席格蕾丝·希金伯顿
Grace Higginbotham, our esteemed president, came all the way down
从华盛顿特区赶来我们家参加仪式
from Washington, D.C., to our house for the ceremony.
真漂亮 看哪
That’s just beautiful. Look at that.
她老了 反应也慢了 斯基特
She’d gotten so old and slow, Skeeter.
好的 女士
Yes, ma’am.
您能赏脸 我十分荣幸
It’s such an honor that you came all this way.
就这样吧
That’s all right.
-你好 夏洛特小姐 -蕾切尔
– Hello, Miss Charlotte. – Rachel.
我们以为你下星期才回来
We were expecting you next week.
我决定早点来 给她个惊喜
I decided to come early and surprise Mama.
我这里有客人
I’m entertaining.
从后门走 在厨房♥等
Why don’t you go around back. Wait in the kitchen.
现在
Go on now.
抱歉
I am sorry.
蕾切尔 你干什么
Rachel, what are you doing?
照你的话做 夏洛特小姐
I’m just doing as I was told, Miss Charlotte.
去厨房♥
Going to the kitchen.
但我要先见见我妈妈
But I’m going to see my mama first.
妈妈好
Hello, Mama.
去厨房♥ 宝贝 我马上就来
Go on to the kitchen, baby. I’ll be there directly.
你能受得了她们胡闹 我可受不了
You may put up with this kind of nonsense, but I do not.
出去 蕾切尔
Get out of this house, Rachel.
你听见了 出去 姑娘
You heard her. Go on, girl.
夏洛特特小姐 让我带她
Miss Charlotte, let me take
去厨房♥ 快来 宝贝 走吧
her to the kitchen. Come on, baby. Let’s go.
夏洛特
Charlotte.
你们俩
Both of you.
立刻出去
Leave. Now.
走吧 妈妈
Come on, Mama.
快点走
Come on now.
康斯坦丁什么也没做错
Constantine didn’t do anything wrong.
而且你爱蕾切尔 我知道你爱她
And you love Rachel. I know you do.
那可是主席 我能怎么办
She was our president. What was I supposed to do?
她帮了你这辈子最大的忙
She did you the biggest favor of your life.
她教育了我
She taught me everything.
你一直太崇拜她了
Well, you idolized her too much. You always have.
我得有个能尊敬的人
I needed someone to look up to.
我…
Well, I…
第二天我去了她家 但她已经走了
I went to her house the next day, but she had already gone.
你怎么能什么都不告诉我呢
How could you not tell me all this?
因为我不想你考试的时候心情不好
Because I didn’t want to upset you during your final exams.
我知道你会怪我 而我没做错什么
I knew you’d blame me, and it wasn’t my fault!
我得去找她 她需要我
I have to go find her. She needs me.
-尤金妮娅 -什么
– Eugenia. – What?
我们让你哥哥去芝加哥接她回来
We sent your brother up to Chicago to bring Constantine home.
他到那时
When he got there…
她已经去世了
…she had died.
你伤透了她的心
You broke her heart.
我很抱歉 非常抱歉
I’m… I’m sorry. I’m so sorry!
对不起
I’m sorry.
他们付了斯坦小姐见过最少的定金
They printed a few thousand copies
印了几千份
with the worst advance Miss Stein had ever seen.
宝贝 你拿艾丽西亚的书干什么
Baby, what you doing with Alicia book?
你又不识字
You can’t read.
他们给了斯基特六百美金
They sent Miss Skeeter $600.
她把钱分给我们每个人
She broke that money up and gave it to each of us.
一共十三份 每个人四十六美金
Divided 13 ways, that came to about $46 each.
你们好好写作业
Y’all finish your homework.
艾比琳 艾比琳
Aibileen. Aibileen!
刚收到斯基特小姐寄给我们的 看看
We just got this from Miss Skeeter. Look at it.
你看
Look at it.
你看
Look at it!
米妮 我们有钱了
Minny, we’re rich!
我用了屋内厕所 所以她开除了我
“She fired me for using her inside toilet.
在暴风天把我赶出门外
Put me out in a storm and
叫我不准再回去 可我又回去了
told me never to come back. But I did come back.
我拿着自己烤的馅饼去道歉
I came back with a pie I had baked to say I’m sorry.
我看着她吃…
I watched her eat…”
那本书真不错 希莉
Well, it’s a wonderful book, Hilly.
密西西比的主妇
Filled with gripping
都极力推荐
testimonials from Mississippi’s housekeepers.
好的 妈妈 我得挂了
OK, Mama. I need to run.
好吧 你该读读这本书 希莉
Well. You should read the book, Hilly.
很让人愤慨的故事
It’s quite scandalous.
要我说的话 很像杰克逊镇发生的事儿
Sounds like… Jackson, if you ask me.
十分不光彩
Quite scandalous.
什么书
What book?
叫什么来着
What’s it called again?
相助 帮助的助
The Help. H-E-L-P.
就是它
There it is.
你让我写点儿好东西
You told me to write something good.
-我真心想写的东西 -我不想你写这种东西
– Something I believed in. – It’s not what I believe in.
你跟希莉开的厕所玩笑 太可笑了
That joke you pulled with Hilly with the toilets, that’s funny.
你为什么这么对我们
Why would you do this to us?
我都不明白你为什么要管
I don’t even know why you care.
-什么 -这里很好
– What? – Things are fine around here.
为什么没事找事
Why go stir up trouble?
问题一直存在 斯图尔特
Trouble’s already here, Stuart.
我得告诉你 你得知道
I had to tell you this. You needed to know.
该死 我当然得知道
Goddamn right I needed to know.
你一早就该告诉我
You should have told me this from the start.
你真是个自私的女人 斯基特
You’re a selfish woman, Skeeter.
斯图尔特
Stuart.
我觉得你自己过得更好
I think you’re better off being alone.

Yeah.
你看到我跟你讲的那段了吗
Did you get to that part yet that I was telling you about?
怎么都别跳着看
Don’t read ahead, whatever you do.
你往里面放什么了
“What you done put up in this?”
她说 我的屎
“She Said, ‘My Shit.”‘
怎么了 希莉
What’s the matter, Hilly?
-放开我 放开 -别打我了
– Get off of me! Get off! – Ouch! Stop hitting me!
据说贝蒂的原型
I heard that Betty character
可能是玛丽·伊丽莎白
might be Mary Elizabeth.
那里面写得不是杰克逊镇
It’s not Jackson.
那本书就是垃圾
And that book is garbage.
我打赌整本书都是黑鬼胡编的
I bet the whole thing is made up by some nigra.
乔琳 你妈妈是不是
And Jolene, didn’t your mama
在遗嘱里把科拉留给你了吗
leave Cora to you in her will?
是啊 但这也不稀奇
Yes, but that’s not odd, is it?
常有的事儿吧
Happens all the time, right?
这本书写的不是杰克逊镇
The book is not about Jackson.
非洲饥馑儿童基金会来信
西莉亚·富特
西莉亚·富特以两百美元善款拍得希莉两块馅饼
哈帕罗出版社 196♥4♥年6月11日
尤金妮娅菲兰小姐 诚邀您从8月1日起到本社担任初级编辑
请尽早答复 谢谢 伊琳·斯坦
怎么回事
What the hell?
你来这儿干什么
What are you doing here?
我已经联♥系♥了我的律师
I’ve contacted my lawyer.
记得希比·古德曼吧
Hibbie Goodman?
他是全州最好的维♥权♥律师
He’s the best libel attorney in the state.
小姐 你要蹲监狱了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!