Jean gets prettier all the time.
珍一直都是越长越漂亮
I’ve heard the same thing day after day for the past week.
在过去的一周里我已经听了一次又一次了
I’m sick of watching you try to put out that torch you carry for her…
我已经厌倦了看你有这种劣酒…
…with a lot of cheap hooch.
来麻醉你自己
Who’s the kid look like?
那孩子长的像谁?
Like her.
像她
And they got a nice house?
他们还有个很好的房♥子?
Yeah, it’s a nice house, if you like that kind of a house…
是啊 好房♥子, 如果你喜欢那种房♥子的话…
…but for me, I’ll take a hotel anytime.
…不过对我来说 还是旅馆最好
You know that. Me too.
你知道的 我也是
Ain’t it funny how our tastes have always run the same, ever since the first time we met?
这难道不是很有趣吗? 我们俩从初次见面开始就臭味相投?
I can just picture you living in the suburbs…
我可以想象你住在郊区的样子…
…working in a garden, raising flowers and kids.
…整理花♥园♥ 种花 带孩子
Would that be a laugh.
那可是个笑话
Yeah, wouldn’t I look cute?
是吗 我不会看起来更酷一点吗?
Hello, Jean. We were just talking about you. Sit down.
你好 珍 我们刚好谈到你 坐吧
Why are you here? I’ve been looking for you all day.
你干吗在这里? 我整整一天都在找你
A taxi driver finally told me where you were.
一个出租车司机最终告诉了我你在这里
I’m in trouble. What is it?
我有麻烦了 什么麻烦?
You were right about George. Today two of his men came…
关于乔治你说的队 今天他的两个手下来了…
Knock over Lloyd? No, but they threatened to.
打翻了洛伊德? 没有 但是威胁说要对付他
You’ve got to help me. What do you want me to do?
你一定要帮帮我 你要我怎么做?
Go to George. Talk to him.
去找乔治 跟他谈谈
Why should I?
我为什么要去?
Lloyd will be killed.
洛伊德会被杀死的
He won’t be if he does as he’s told.
他要是规规矩矩就不会死的
Oh, but he can’t. It’s his duty.
噢 他不会的 那时他的职责
Yeah, sure it’s his duty. And it’s George’s duty to stop him.
是啊 那当然是他的职责 阻止他也是乔治的职责
I’d do the same thing in George’s place. Eddie, please. For my sake.
我要是处在乔治的地步 我也会这样做的 艾迪 帮帮忙 看在我的面上
Sit down.
坐下
Same old story. Same old story. Anytime she wants anything, she comes to me.
老调重弹 老调重弹 每一次她想要什么 她就来找我
I suppose that’s all I ever meant to you anyway.
我想这就是我对你的全部意义了
No soap, no.
别玩我了
Maybe a patsy once, but never twice.
上当一次可以 两次可不行
I don’t see how it’s gonna do any harm to talk to George.
我觉得去跟乔治谈一谈也没什么坏处
Talk? There’s only one language George understands.
谈一谈? 乔治只懂得一种语言
If you think I’m gonna walk into a bullet just because that husband of hers…
如果你认为我要挨上一颗子弹仅仅因为…
…doesn’t know enough to keep his trap shut, you’re crazy.
…她的老公不知道怎么躲开他的圈套 你就是疯了
No dice, Jean. No dice. Now, look.
没有希望的 珍 没有希望 听我说
No.

All right, Eddie. I just thought I’d ask.
好吧 艾迪 我以为我可以求你帮这个忙
Well, go ahead and say it.
好吧 你就痛痛快快说出来吧
You just said it all.
你已经全部都说了
Eddie, you’ve got to do something for them. She’s got something to look forward to.
艾迪 你一定要为她们做点什么 她还指望着你呢
Well, so have I. What?
我也指望过呢 什么?
I’ll be up there again.
我会再次发起来的
Eddie, you’re kidding yourself. The race is over.
艾迪 你在蒙自己 比赛已经结束了
We’re both finished out of the money.
我们俩都已经穷的一文不名了
Maybe for you, but not for me. It’s over for all of us…
你也许是这样 不是我 我们都完了…
…you, me and George.
…你 我 还有乔治
Eddie, something new is happening.
艾迪 新的世界正在到来
Something you don’t understand.
我们不理解的世界
Hey, what’s going on here?
嗨 发生什么事啦?
Come on, break it up. Am I paying you to sing or gab?
快点 别再说了 我付钱请你唱歌♥还是侃大山的啊?
Now, just a minute. You remember me. I’m Eddie Bartlett.
等一等 你记得我吗? 我是艾迪·巴利特
Used to sell you your booze.
以前卖♥♥酒给你的
Yeah, sure I remember.
是啊 我当然记得了
And fine poison it used to be too, at fancy prices.
而且是一种很好的毒药 还要高价
Yeah, you used to be quite a guy in the old days, didn’t you?
对了 你以前是个大人物 对吧?
That’s right. Practically ran this town.
对 实际上管着这个城市
Well, you don’t now, so beat it.
看来你不明白 滚出去
Wait a minute.
等一等
On your way before I have you kicked out.
赶快出去 否则我就要赶人了
Start singing. Get yourself a phonograph, jughead.
唱歌♥去 买♥♥台电唱机去吧 坛子头
I’m with him. Come on, Eddie. I’ll get my coat.
我跟他一边的 走吧 艾迪 我去拿大衣
You’re right, Panama.
你是对的 巴娜玛
We have finished out of the money.
我们已经一文不名了
You wait here for me, huh?
你在这里等等我 好吧?
I’d better go with you.
我最好跟你一块去
No, you better stay right where you are. Eddie…
不 你最好呆在这里 艾迪…
…be careful.
…小心
Don’t worry about me, baby.
不要为我担心 宝贝
I can take care of myself.
我能照顾自己的
And maybe George too.
也许还能照料一下乔治
What do you want? I want to see George. It’s important.
你要干什么? 我要见乔治 很重要的事
I don’t know, Eddie. I don’t know if he’ll see you or not.
我不知道 艾迪 我不知道他是否想见你
Sure. Take him up. Give the boss a laugh.
当然了 带他上去 让老板乐一乐
Come on.
走吧
How do you like that?
你觉得怎么样?
He sure hit the skids.
他确实是掉到阴沟里去了
The rags of his pants are beating him to death.
他裤子上的破布片都要把他打死了
Well, well, well.
啊 啊 啊
When did you get out?
你什么时候出来的?
Oh, I get it. Taking advantage of my good nature on New Year’s Eve, huh?
噢 我知道了 想要利用以下我在新年 前夕的好心肠 对吧?
All right, I’ll go for it. How much?
好吧 我给你 要多少?
I don’t want no money.
我不要钱
Don’t tell me you came to wish me happy New Year?
别跟我说你来这里是跟我说新年好来的
Something like that.
差不多吧
All right, many thanks and the same to you.
好吧 非常感谢 也祝你新年好
Goodbye, now, Eddie. I’m busy.
再见了 艾迪 我很忙
I came to talk to you about Lloyd.
我来找你谈一谈洛伊德的事
There ain’t nothing to talk about. I think there is.
没有什么好说的 我觉得有
Get him out of here, Lefty.
带他出去 左撇子
All right, Eddie, on your way.
好吧 艾迪 出去吧
Wait a minute, George. If you get rid of Lloyd there’ll always be someone to take his place.
等一等 乔治 你即使杀了洛伊德 还会有别人做他的事的
I’ll worry about that when it happens. But they got a kid.
到那时我在想别的办法 但是他们有个孩子
Still carrying a torch for that dame, huh?
还在暗恋着那个女人呢 哈?
Suppose I am? Then what are you beefing about?
假定我是呢? 那你还抱怨什么呢?
I’m doing you a favor by knocking him off.
我灭掉他正是帮了你一个忙
I warned him to keep his mouth shut. But he can’t.
我警告过他闭嘴的 但是他不能那样
There’s a new kind of setup you don’t understand.
这是个你不明白的新的世界
Guys don’t go tearing things apart like we used to.
人们不能再像我们那样为所欲为的
People try to build things up. That’s what Lloyd’s trying to do. In this new setup…
人♥民♥在建设社会 这也是洛伊德在做的 在这个新世界里…
…you and me don’t belong.
…我们都是局外人
Maybe you don’t. I do all right, anytime, anyplace.
你也许不是的 我♥干♥得还行 任何时候 任何地方
Well…
好吧…
…I guess we’ll let it go at that, George.
…我们不说这个了 乔治
Where are you going, Eddie?
你要去哪里 乔治?
Home.
回家
It’s late.
太晚了
Lefty and a couple of the boys will go with you.
左撇子和几个兄弟跟你一起走
I don’t want you walking the streets alone at night.
我不想你一个人晚上在大街上逛
Really going to take good care of me, huh? Yeah.
真的要照料我了 呃? 对
You said you didn’t belong in this setup, so I’m getting you out of it fast.
你说过你不属于这个世界 所以我 尽快把你清除掉
Sorry, but this is how it adds up. You’re still in love with that girl.
对不起 不过事情已经走到这一步了 你还在爱着那个女人
You’d do anything to help her.
为了她你什么都做得出来的
You got more on me than any guy in this town.
你比这个城市里的其他任何人都了解我
And I’ll lay you odds that you’ll go to the cops and spill everything you know.
我猜你会去自首 告诉警♥察♥一切的
Well, I’m just gonna beat you to the finish.
所以 我只好彻底的处理掉你
Goodbye, Eddie, and happy New Year.
再见了 艾迪 新年快乐
Get them up, George. So you thought I’d yell copper, huh?
举起手来 乔治 你以为我会告密 呃?
I never did that in my life and never will.
我这一生从没做过这种事 也永远不会
If I want anything done, I do it myself.
我要是像做什么 我自己就做了
Yeah.

You always was a fair guy, Eddie.
你一直是个正直的男人 艾迪
I’ll make a deal with you. We’ll be partners again.
我跟你做笔交易 我们继续合作
I’ll take the heat off Lloyd, beat the rap some other way.
我不去找洛伊德的麻烦 再想别的办法逃脱惩罚
Eddie… Crazy…
艾迪 疯了…
Eddie, don’t…
艾迪 别…
Eddie. This is one rap you won’t beat.
艾迪 你逃不掉的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!