Danny Green still live here? Sure.
丹尼·格林还住这里吗? 当然了
But if you’re thinking of moving in again, the rent’s higher than it used to be.
不过如果你要住进来的话 房♥租可得比以前高些
Oh, yeah? How much? Four dollars from each of you every week.
噢 是吗? 多少? 你们俩每人每周4块钱
That’s fair enough.
挺公道的嘛
I won’t have it anyway.
反正我是没有钱的
Here’s your coffee, Danny.
丹尼 你的咖啡
Oh, thanks.
噢 谢谢
Tired? Yeah.
累了吗? 是啊
I drove some goofer all over Times Square…
我开车载着个傻瓜在时代广场上到处乱转…
Eddie!
艾迪!
How are you? Hello, Danny.
你好吗? 你好 丹尼
I’m glad to see you. Glad to see you.
见到你真高兴 我也很高兴
Well, I thought that… Yeah, I know. You thought I was dead.
我听说… 我知道 你以为我死了
Yeah.
是啊
Gee, kid, I’m glad to see you.
伙计 见到你没事真高兴
Yeah, l… I thought you was bumped off.
是啊 我…我以为你被打死了呢
Why didn’t you tell me you was coming? I’d have went down to the boat to meet you.
你为什么不告诉我你要回来了呢? 我会好接你的船的
Well, you could’ve wrote to me if you’d have tried hard.
不管怎样 你要是努了力的话你会给我写封信的
Who’s gonna read it to you? I got friends.
谁来给你读信呢? 我有朋友的
Well, the same cheesy old joint, huh? Yeah.
呃 房♥子还是老样子 是吧? 是啊
You look healthy. Oh, I feel fine now that the war’s over.
你看起来很健康嘛 噢 既然战争结束了 我感觉当然好多了
Eddie, you never saw a sicker guy in your life the day I was…
艾迪, 当征兵体♥检♥结果出来之后…
When I got my number for the draft.
你这一辈子就没见过比我毛病还多的人了
Flat feet, peepers all gone. I even had a touch of the palsy.
平足 视力不良 甚至还有点中风症状
No bad heart? Well, I was working up to that.
心脏还好吧? 呃 我在努力弄点儿出来呢
Same old Danny. How’s hacking? Oh, bad.
还是老丹尼 工作怎么样? 噢 不大好
Yeah? Things ain’t good in the taxi business.
是吗? 出租车生意不大好了
Everybody’s walking where they wanna go.
每个人出门的时候都选择步行
Hey, how’s things in France?
嗨 法国那边怎么样?
Oh, I’m glad you reminded me. Brought you a souvenir.
噢 还好你提醒了我 我给你带了个纪念品
You needn’t have done that. I didn’t expect anything. What is it?
你不必这样客气的 我没有想着要什么的 是什么东西啊?
German trench helmet. Hope it fits.
德国战壕头盔 希望大小合适
I had an awful time finding a Heinie with your head size.
我费了老大力气才找到个 脑袋跟你差不多的德国佬
Say, that’s swell.
这真是太棒了
It just doesn’t fit. It’s a little too small.
还是不合适 有点儿小了
I can send it to the cleaners and get it stretched.
我可以送到清洗店去把它弄大点
How do I look? You’re just the girl to wear it.
威不威风? 你戴上正合适了
Oh, boy, I’m gonna give this to my kids. You know, if I ever have any.
噢 伙计 我要把它传给我的孩子 当然 如果我能有些的话
Tell them how I captured it.
跟他们讲我是怎么俘获这个头盔的
Charging the enemy!
向敌人冲啊!
I gotta hide this so no one will cop it. Where will I put it?
我必须把它藏好 不能让人给偷了 放哪儿好呢?
Here’s the place.
这里不错
She never sweeps under here.
她从不扫这里
Can you see it?
你看得到吗?
Oh, yeah.
噢 对
You hungry, Eddie? Come on out, we’ll eat.
饿了吗 艾迪? 我们出去弄点吃的吧
I got a meal ticket. We’ll shoot it full of holes.
我有张饭票 我们要把它打出很多洞来
I’ll make it look like a sieve. Come on.
我会把它变成筛子的 走吧
Wait, I gotta go over to the garage, get my old job back. Run me over?
等等 我得出车铺看一看, 把我的 老工作搞定 载我过去吗?
Sure, in the cab.
当然了 坐我的出租车去
Hey, Eddie.
嗨, 艾迪
Did you learn to parlez-vous?
你学会了法语吗?
Just enough.
还行吧
Hey, bud, where’s Fletcher? In the office.
嗨 伙计 弗莱彻在哪? 办公室里
Oh, thanks.
噢 谢谢
That guy thinks he’ll get my job just because he’s got a uniform on. He used to work here.
那家伙以为穿上军装就可以得到工作了 他以前在这里干过的
Those monkeys are gonna find out what a picnic they had…
我们在这里工作 这些猴子们却拿着…
…on Uncle Sam’s dough while we worked.
…山姆大叔的钱花天酒地
Hello, Mr. Fletcher. Hi.
你好 弗莱彻先生 嗨
When did you blow in? Just now.
你什么时候回来的? 刚到
Sure good to be back. I’ll bet.
回来了就好 那是
What are you gonna do? Rest a few days, see the boys.
你准备做些什么? 休息几天 看看朋友
Then I’ll be ready to work. Fine.
然后就可以工作了 好啊
What are you gonna do? Where you gonna work?
你要做些什么? 你上哪上班?
What do you mean, “Where am I gonna work?”
“我到哪上班?” 是什么意思?
I was gonna come back here. Sorry, Eddie. I haven’t anything for you.
我准备回这儿来上班的 对不起 艾迪 我没有事给你干
What?
什么?
Well, wait a minute. Maybe I’m in the wrong garage.
等一等 我好像站在一个错误的车铺里
What was that line about my job always waiting for me?
那句我的工作总是给我留着的话是什么意思?
Times have changed. That boy over there has been working almost two years.
时代变了 那边那个男孩已经工作了近两年了
What do you want me to do? Can him just because you came back?
你让我怎么做? 就因为你回来了 所以要解雇他?
No.

No, I couldn’t ask you to do that, could I?
不好 我不能要求你这样做 对吧?
All right. Thanks.
好吧 谢谢
Left, I had a good job And I left, left
“离开时 我有个好工作 我离开了 离开了…”
Don’t tell me you won’t be with us.
别跟我说你不跟我们一起干了
If you brought a band and a gun, you might’ve got the job.
你要是带支乐队和一支枪来 你可能 已经拿到这份工作了
I don’t need any gun, you…
我不需要任何枪 你…
Two for one.
二对一
Back in this country, the boys who had returned from overseas…
在这个国家里 那些从海外归来的小伙子们…
… begin to find out that the world has moved on during the time they spent in France.
开始发现这个世界在他们在法国 浴血奋战的时候渐渐地变了
Sorry, buddy. Nothing doing.
对不起 伙计 没事做
Everywhere things have changed, but particularly in New York.
到处都在发生变化 而纽约尤甚
The old Broadway is only a memory, gone are many of the famous landmarks.
过去的百老汇已然成为记忆 众多的名胜古迹也悄然消失
For already, America is feeling the effects of Prohibition.
美国已经感受到禁酒令的影响了
There’s a concentrated effort at readjustment to normal peacetime activity…
大家都在努力调整以回到和平时期的正常状态
… but unemployment, coming in the wake of the wartime boom…
但是在战时出现的失业潮
… is beginning to grip the country.
已经开始蔓延全国
The soldiers find they’ve returned to face, on a different front, the same old struggle:
士兵们发现他们得面对一个不同的前线 然而相同的挣扎:
The struggle to survive.
为生存而挣扎
Yes, sir, where to?
你好 先生 去哪?
Where to?
去哪?
How about a flat rate back to France? Oh, hi, Eddie.
来个回法国的统一价怎么样? 噢 嗨 艾迪
How are you?
你好吗?
You didn’t land yourself no job, huh? Somebody must’ve told you.
你没有找到工作 呃? 一定是有人先告诉你了
No. I figured that all out by myself.
不是 我看你的脸色就猜出来了
You know, on account of your face. You look kind of tired.
你知道吗 看你的脸色 你很疲倦
I am tired, Danny. Tired of being pushed around.
我是疲倦了 丹尼 厌烦了被推来推去
Tired of having doors slammed in my face. Tired of being another guy back from France.
厌烦了不断地吃闭门羹 厌烦了”又一个从法国回来的家伙”
Take it easy, Eddie. Take it easy.
别难过 艾迪 别难过
I can’t, Danny. I can’t.
我做不到 丹尼 我做不到
I can’t go around shadowboxing anymore. I gotta find something to do.
我再也不愿意画饼充饥了 我一定要找点事做
I’ve gotta. Wait a minute.
我一定要找点事做 等一等
Don’t… Don’t break that. The landlady will charge us for it.
别…别弄破了那个 房♥东会罚钱的
If you gotta break something, smack me on the chin. It’s cheaper.
如果你一定要弄破点东西 打我的脸吧 它更便宜点
Look, Eddie. I only use my cab 12 hours a day.
听我说 艾迪 我一天只开12个小时的出租车
The rest of the time, it’s laying in the garage. Why don’t you hustle it the other 12?
剩下的时间 它就干躺在车♥库♥里 为什么不让你开其他的12个小时呢?
We’ll split the gas and the oil, and you got yourself a job.
我们平分汽油和机油钱, 而你就有了一份工作
It may work out, Danny. It may work out.
看起来行得通 丹尼 行得通
I gotta do something.
我一定要做点事情
Who’s there? Mrs. Gray.
谁呀? 格雷太太
We ain’t home!
我们不在家!
Here’s a letter for you, Eddie. Forward all the way from France.
艾迪 你有一封信 大老远的从法国倒过来的
There’s three cents’ postage due. Put it on the bill.
要付3分钱邮费 算到账单里吧
Don’t think I won’t. And don’t you think I think you won’t.
别指望我不会算进去 也别指望我会认为你不会算进去
Well, who’s that from?
谁寄来的?
Oh, say, she’s pretty.
噢 是不是很漂亮?
One of them French peasants, huh? No, it’s an American gal.
一个法国农民 对吧? 不是 是个美国女孩
Lives in Mineola, Long Island.
住在米里奥拉, 长岛
Well, I won’t hold that against her. Danny…
我不会反感她的 丹尼…
…how far is it to Mineola? – Depends upon if you know the way.
…到米里奥拉有多远? – 就看你知不知道怎么走了
For a wise guy, it’s 15 miles. For a gilpin, it’s 30 miles.
对一个聪明人来说 也就15英里 要是个傻蛋 那得30英里
Pal, you’re driving to Mineola. I think a change of scenery will do me good.
老兄 你得开车去米里奥拉了 我认为换换空气对我有好处
This kind of scenery never did anybody any harm.
这种空气对谁都没坏处
Got enough gas? Gas?
汽油够不够? 汽油?
Old Bridget can make Mineola on her reputation.
平老布里奇特的名声是可以捱到米里奥拉的
Let’s go.
我们走吧
Wait here, my man. Hey…
在这等着 儿郎们 嗨…
…where do you get that “my man” stuff? – I’m trying to make an impression, you dope.
…哪来的”儿郎们”之类的? – 你这个笨蛋 我想充点门面
Hello. Does Jean Sherman live here?
您好 琼·谢尔曼住在这里吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!