Mr. S, what’s going on?
史先生 这是怎么回事
l heard you in music class.
我听到你们音乐课上的演奏了
You guys can really play.
你们演奏的非常好
Why didn’t anyone tell me? You.
你们为什么不早点告诉我?
What’s your name? Zack.
你叫什么名字? 杰克
You play the guitar? Yeah.
你是弹吉他的? 是的
OK, come here.
好 过来这里
Ever play electric guitar? My dad won’t let me.
有没有弹过电子吉他? 我爸不准我弹
He thinks it’s a waste of time. A waste of…?
他觉得那是浪费时间 浪费时间?
Try this one.
试试这个
OK, here’s a guitar pick.
拨片在这里
You pluck along with me, OK? lf you can.
尽量跟着我弹 知道吗?
Yes.

Yes!
做的好!
OK, you stay right there. Don’t move.
你呆在那里 不要动
Piano man, front and center.
弹钢琴的 到前面中间来
What’s your name? Lawrence.
你叫什么名字? 劳仑思.
Lawrence, you ever played keyboards? Any techno?
劳仑思 你有没有弹过电子琴? 或任何电子音乐
No, l only play piano. OK. All right, fair enough.
没有 我只会弹钢琴 好吧 也差不多了
Try this out for me, OK? Just give this a try on my count.
看在我的面子上 试试看这个好吗?
One, two, three, four.
一 二 三 四
Yes.

Come on, come on Come on, come on
来吧 来吧
Now touch me, babe
宝贝 现在就请抚摸我
Can’t you see That l am not afraid
你难道看不出我没有恐惧
Lawrence is good at piano
劳仑思的钢琴弹的一流
He shall be rocking ln my show
他将和我同台演奏
Stop. That’s perfect. You’re perfect. Stay right there, OK?
停 太完美了. 你做的很好 先在这里等一会
You. Could you come up here, please?
你 请到前面来
What was your name? Katie.
你叫什么名字? 凯蒂
What was that big thing you were playing today?
你今天弹的那个大家伙是什么?
Cello.
大提琴
This is a bass guitar. lt’s exactly the same,
这是个贝司 和大提琴差不多
but instead of playing like this
不过你得斜着弹
you tip it on the side, ”chello”, you’ve got a bass.
这样一来大提琴就可以变贝司了
Try it on.
试试看
OK, now play this note right here. That’s a G.
弹这里 这是G调
OK, but let your fingers do the rocking.
好 让你的手指自♥由♥发挥吧
Keep that G coming all day long.
一直弹G调别停
G, G, G, G, G, G
G G G G G G
Good. Stop. Are there any drummers in the house?
好 可以停了 班里有没有鼓手?
l play percussion. You couldn’t play anything else.
我是演奏打击乐器的 因为你不会弹别的
Shut up! Come here, dude.
闭嘴! 过来 伙计
Just see if you can do what l do. Just give it a try.
尽量跟着我试试
OK? Give that a try.
可以吗? 试试看
OK!
太棒了!
That’s really good. Just stay right here.
你做的很好 在这等一下
All right, OK. Lawrence, give me a G note.
好的 劳仑思 弹个G调听听
With the fifth above it.
加上5小调
And the middle one. No middle one, l changed my mind.
再加上中音 我改变主意 不要中音了
Now go an octave below.
再低八度试试
Now give me some rhythm.
现在加点节奏
And keep that same rhythm. Go.
就保持这个节奏!
Katie, remember that note, the G?
凯蒂 还记得G调怎么弹吗?
Play it, but also keep it rocking. Good.
对 继续弹 别停
OK, give me like a… Like a:
给我来个…
That’s bad. That’s like George of the Jungle.
这个不好 这样好像是巫师在做法
Play it up here on the cymbal, but really light.
试试那个铙钹 但要轻轻的敲
Oh, that’s it! OK, keep going with that.
对 就是这样! 保持这个效果
You remember this thing l taught you a minute ago?
还记得我刚刚教你的旋律吗?
Yes! Yes!
好极了!
All right, let’s go!
让我们开始吧!
Stop. You guys, stop messing around. We’ve got a lot of work to do.
你们可以停了 没有时间胡闹了 我们还有很多地方需要练习
OK, people, pay attention, because l do not want to have to fail you.
大家听好 我不想让你们不及格
l thought you didn’t believe in grades.
我以为你不会给我们评成绩
Of course l believe in grades. l was testing you. You passed.
我当然会给你们评成绩 以前不过是在考验你们 你们都通过了
Good work, Summer. Four-and-a-half stars for you.
做的好夏莫 你得到4颗半星
Now, listen, normal kids would have been stoked to slack off,
现在大家听好 换了普通的孩子早就偷懒去了
but not you guys, because you’re not normal. You’re special.
但你们没有 因为你们 不是普通的孩子 你们是特别的
Because you guys have the right attitude,
你们的态度完全正确
l think it’s time we started our new class project.
我想现在 是时候开办班级活动了
A science project? No.
科学活动吗? 不是
lt’s called…”Rock Band”.
活动叫做…”摇滚乐队”
ls this a school project? Yes.
这是课业上的活动吗? 是的
And it’s a requirement.
而且是必修的
lt may sound easy, but nothing could be harder.
听起来好像很简单 但实际上难度很高
lt will test your head and your mind and your brain too.
它可以考验你们的 智力 思维 还有头脑
Will other schools be competing?
会有别的学校和我们比赛吗?
You could say that.
可以这么说
You could say that every school in the state
应该说全洲的学校都会参与…
will be competing for the top prize.
一起竞争头奖
What’s the prize?
头奖是什么
A win will go on your permanent record. Hello, Harvard, yo.
胜出者的成绩单上将留下永久纪录 听到哈佛的召唤了吗?
We’re not supposed to get started until next quarter,
问题是 我们本来 不应该这么早开始练习的
but l think we should get a leg up on the competition, don’t you?
但我觉得我们 应该提前开始准备 对不对?
l do.
对的
Who else wants to go for the gold? l do.
还谁想拿金牌? 我想
All right. But if anyone finds out, we’ll be disqualified.
好! 但是如果被人发现我们提前开始练习 我们的资格就会被取消
So let’s just keep it on the down-low, shall we?
所以我们要保守秘密 好不好?
Can we tell our parents? No! Trust me.
可以告诉父母吗? 不行! 相信我
They don’t want to know. Keep it zipped.
他们不会想知道的 什么都别说
All right, you guys, let’s kick it into overdrive.
好啦 伙计们 让我们全力冲刺吧!
What are the rest of us supposed to do?
我们其余人要做些什么?
You just sit back and enjoy the magic of rock.
你们只需要 欣赏摇滚乐就可以了
You mean we’re not in the band?
我们不是乐队的成员吗?
Now, hold up now.
等一等
Just because you’re not in the band doesn’t mean you’re not in the band.
不演奏并不表示 你不是乐队的一份子
We need backup singers. Who can sing?
我们需要合音 谁会唱歌♥?
You, sing.
唱两句听听
The sun’ll come out tomorrow Yes.
明天太阳将升起
Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow
把你的希望放在明天
Stop. You’ve got it, and l don’t even know what it is, but you’ve got it.
可以停了 你有点天分 我虽不知道你唱什么但你有天分
And that’s why you’re in the band. You, sing.
这就是你入选的原因 到你了
Amazing grace
美丽的颂歌♥
How sweet the sound
多美妙的旋律
That saved… Stop, before l start crying.
它拯救了… 好 在我哭出来之前你可以停了
l found the missing ingredient. You’re in the band.
你就是我们所缺少的 你入选了
l can sing. You can?
我会唱歌♥ 你会?
All right, Summer, belt it.
好的夏莫 唱来听听
Memory All alone in the moonlight…
月光下 独自回忆…
Stop. Stop. OK.
停 停
Good. That’s pretty good. All right.
好 还不错
l can also play clarinet. l’ll find something for you.
我还会吹竖笛 我会帮你找点差使的
When we get back from lunch, l’ll assign the rest of you killer positions.
午饭后 我会帮 你们其余人分配一流的活儿
Thank you. You’re welcome.
谢谢你 不用谢
There you go. Thank you.
这给你 谢谢
You’re welcome.
不用谢
Mr. Schneebly? Yeah?
史布里先生? 怎么了?
Hey, what’s up?
有什么事吗?
l don’t think l should be in the band. Why not?
我觉得我不应该参加乐队 为什么?
l’m not cool enough. People in bands are cool. l’m not cool.
我不够酷 乐队的成员都应该很有酷吧
Dude, you are cool. The way you play. Why do you say you’re not cool?
你很酷啊 你琴弹的那么好 为什么会觉得自己不酷呢
Nobody ever talks to me.
大家都不和我交朋友
Well, those days are over, buddy.
那将成为过去
You could be the ugliest sad sack on the planet,
你可以是全世界最丑的人…
but if you’re in a rocking band, you’re the cat’s pajamas.
但只要加入摇滚乐队 你就会受欢迎
You’re the bee’s knees. Bee’s knees?
朋友会多到一窝蜂的 一窝蜂?
Yeah, the bee’s knees.
对啊 一窝蜂.
You’ll be the most popular guy in school.
你会成为全校最受欢迎的男生
OK. l’ll do it.
好 那我参加

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!