You could’ve sued somebody. Me,probably.
你可以上庭告人 而被告人♥大♥概便是我吧
Well,not you. You’d have been dead. Your lawyers could have.
不 你告不了我 因你已死了 但你的律师会帮你告我
Oh I just fell terrible
我真的很难过
Case dismissed. What would you like to drink?
我还活着 你想喝什么?
I don’t know. Anything. You have a nice place here.
不知道 什么也好 你家很漂亮
– You live here alone? – Yes,I live here alone. All alone.
– 你一个人住?- 对 我一个人住
– It’s a roller skate. Mine,you know. – Yours?
– 这是溜冰鞋 是我的 – 你的?
It’s adjustable. I skate a lot. What would you like to drink?
这可以调整的 我常去公园溜冰 你想喝些什么?
– You do drink? – Sure,I drink like a fish.
– 你会喝酒吧?- 当然 我酒量很大
– Do you have gin? – Of course. You mean straight gin?
– 你有杜松子酒吗?- 当然 你是说纯杜松子酒吗?
No,gin and soda,I guess.
不 加汽水
– Gin and soda? – That’s wrong. How do you drink gin?
– 加汽水?- 那样不对 是吧?你是怎么喝杜松子酒的?
There’s gin and tonic,But I don’t have tonic
通常是杜松子酒加汤力水 但我没有汤力水
and gin and vermouth,that’s a martini.
还可以毯加苦艾酒 那就成了马丁尼了
That sounds cool. I’ll have a glass of that. A big,tall one.
听来不错 我来一杯那个吧 要大大杯的
Big,tall martini.
大大杯的马丁尼
This is a nicer apartment than the Kaufmans’.
这里比卡夫曼家还舒服
For instance,the Kaufmans have no stairs.
卡夫曼家没有楼梯
– Hey,where do they lead to? – No place.
– 这楼梯通往哪里?- 哪都不通
No place? A stairway to nowhere. That’s elegant.
哪都不通?一座哪都不通的楼梯 我觉得它很优雅
I wouldn’t say elegant. You see,this used to be a duplex.
我不会这么觉得 这以前是两层的住♥宅♥
Oh this is be place,This place is Kaufmans
这里跟卡夫曼家是连在一起的
The landlord made two apartments out of it
后来房♥东把它隔成独♥立♥的两层楼
He just board ceiling,on you case your floor.
做了天花板 也就是你们的地板
Oh,yes,I remember that patch in the floor.
对 我还记得地上有一方形 的小修补处
I dropped my cuticle pusher down the crack.
第一天我就把磨皮刀掉到缝隙去
Cuticle pusher. Yeah.
磨皮刀 对
Well,here you are. Big,tall martini.
你的 大大杯马丁尼
– Thanks. – You’re welcome.
– 谢谢 – 别客气
Very good. Maybe it needs a bit more sugar.
味道很好 或者要加点糖
I’d strongly advise against putting sugar in a martini.
不 我强烈反对马丁尼加糖
– You would? Why? – Well…
– 是吗?为什么?- 因为…
Take my word for it. No sugar in a martini.
你得记住我的话 永远不要喝马丁尼加糖
Back home they put sugar in martinis.
真有趣 我家乡的人 都加很多糖到马丁尼里
– Back home? Where? – Denver,Colorado.
– 家乡 在哪?- 科罗拉多州的丹佛市
Hey,you’ve got air conditioning!
喂 你有冷气机
– How does it work? Put it on. – Sure!
– 它的功能如何?快点打开吧 – 当然
I got air conditioning in every room. Don’t the Kaufmans?
我每间房♥都有空调 卡夫曼家没有空调吗?
No,it’s just terrible up there. That’s why I bought the electric fan.
没有啊 楼上真的热死人了 所以我才会买♥♥电风扇
This feels just elegant. I’m just not made for the heat.
这真太优雅了 我就是受不了热
It’s my first summer in New York,and it’s killing me.
这是我第一次在纽约过夏天 真的快热死了
Yesterday,I tried to sleep in the bathtub.
你知道我昨天怎么做吗?我睡在浴缸里
Just lying up to my neck in cold water.
我躺在里面 颈以下都泡在冷水里
Good idea.
是个好主意
But the faucet kept dripping. It was keeping me awake.
但有点小意外 水龙头一直在滴水 我老是被吵醒
You know what I did? I pushed my big toe up the faucet.
知道我怎样应付吗?我用大脚趾去塞住它
They call that American know-how.
这大概是美国人的发明了
Then my toe got stuck and I couldn’t get it out again.
间题是我的脚趾被卡住 无法拔♥出♥来♥
You couldn’t?
你拔不出来?
But there’s a phone in the bathroom. I was able to call the plumber.
对 还好浴室里有电♥话♥ 所以我打电♥话♥给水电工人
You called him?
你打电♥话♥给水电工人?
He was very nice,even though it was Sunday.
当然 他人真的很好 虽然是星期天 我向他说出状况
He rushed right over.
他马上就赶来
Everything come out okay?
间题都解决了吗?
– Sure. But it was embarrassing. – I can see how it might’ve been.
– 当然 但那蛮丢脸的 – 是啊 我想象得到
Honestly,I almost died.
真的 我差点死掉
There I was with a strange plumber…
结果我遇上一个很好的 陌生水电工人
…and no polish on my toenails.
脚上的指甲油也掉光了
– You got a cigarette around? – A cigarette? Sure.
– 你有烟吗?- 烟?有啊
Coming UP-
马上来
– Here you are. – Are you afraid of burglars?
– 请吧 – 你很怕烟被偷吗?
I’m just trying not to smoke. The theory is:
不 我只是在戒烟 戒烟的理论是…
If you don’t see them,you don’t think about them.
如果看不到烟 就不会想到烟
It’s not 100% foolproof. It’s only a theory.
当然 这不是百分之百有效 只不过是理论 总会有缺点的
All you do is spend half your life dragging ladders back and forth.
事实上 如果认真算起来 有一半时间我是在爬梯的
You could break a leg. It’s just ridiculous.
还可能会摔断腿的 其实这方法真太可笑了
At the club we had this girl who only smoked cigars.
在俱乐部 有个女孩只抽雪茄
She only did it to make herself look older.
我觉得她只是想 让自己看来成熟一点
– What club was that? – This club I lived at.
– 是哪间俱乐部?- 我搬来之前是住在一家俱乐部
I hated it. You had to be in by 1 a.m.lockde doors
我讨厌那里 我要1点前回去 因为之后会锁门
Now I can stay out all night.
现在我想玩通宵也没关系
I was glad when they practically asked me to leave.
他们踢我出来 我真的很高兴 我是说他们要我搬走
– Why did they ask you to leave? – It was so silly.
– 他们为什么要你搬走?- 理由真是太烂了
I posed for a picture in U. S. Published in the American Camera and they got all upset.
我拍了张照片 结果被刊登在美国摄影杂♥志♥上 他们都很生气
What was wrong with the picture?
那是什么照片?
I was– It was one of these artistic pictures.
那是张艺术照
On the beach,with driftwood.
是在一个有浮木的海滩上拍的
– It got honorable mention. – Honorable mention? In U. S. Camera?
– 那是最佳推荐的照片 – 在美国摄影杂♥志♥上 最佳推荐的照片?
It was called “Textures.” You’d see three different kinds.
那叫做空间摄影 因为你可以看到三样东西
The driftwood,the sand and me. I got $25 an hour.
浮木 沙子和我 我一小时赚了25块
– It took hours and hours. – You be surprised,
– 拍照得花上好几小时 – 你一定感到惊奇吧?
Sound like very interesting line of work
这工作听来很有趣
I don’t do modeling anymore. Now I’m on TV every other week.
对 但我不再当模特儿了 现在我每两星期会上这电视节目
– The Dazzledent Toothpaste Hour. – You’re an actress?
– 《亮晶晶牙膏时间》 – 那你是演员了?
Sort of. I do the commercial part.
算是啦 我是负责广♥告♥部分的
Really?
真的?
Honest.It’s a good part. They put gray makeup on my teeth…
真的 那很好玩 首先 他们会在我的牙齿上 涂上灰色的粉
…to show ordinary toothpaste.
以表现用了普通牙膏后 牙齿会变成什么样子
Then they wipe it off to show how Dazzledent works.
然后把粉擦掉 表现用了亮晶晶牙膏的效果
I sit like this for about 14 seconds…
我只需像这样坐在那里 大概坐14秒吧
…and I get to speak lines too.
我还得说台词
“I had onions at lunch,I had garlic dressing at dinner.
我午餐吃了洋葱 晚餐吃了大蒜
But he’ll never know. I stay kissing-sweet…
但他从不知道 因为我用了全新的亮晶晶牙膏
…the new Dazzledent way.”
来保持接吻时的口气清新
– You do that beautifully. – Thank you.
– 你做得非常好 – 谢谢
People don’t realize,but when I show my teeth on television
虽然大家没想到 但每次我在电视机上
…I appear before more people…
展示我的牙齿时
…than Sarah Bernhardt ever did. Something to think about.
看见我的观众人数 比看过莎拉·哈迪的更多 这想法是挺有趣的
It certainly is.
一点不错
Wish I were old enough to have seen her. Was she magnificent?
我希望能够见到莎拉哈迪 她真的太捧了
I wouldn’t know. I’m not that old myself.
我真的不知道 我年纪并不大
I guess you’re not really.are you?
我想你年纪的确不很大 对吧?
I’m 39. I will be in August. At the moment I’m 38.
我39到8月才是 现在我还是38岁
Thirty-eight? I was 22,day before yesterday.
38?我前天才22岁
I didn’t do anything about it. I didn’t tell anyone.
但我生日那天什么都没做 甚至没告诉任何人
I did buy a bottle of champagne.
我为自己买♥♥了一瓶香槟
I thought I’d sit there,drink it by myself.
我想坐下来独自把香槟喝掉
– That sounds absolutely sad. – Oh,no!
– 听起来蛮凄凉的 – 不
It would’ve been just elegant,lying in a bath,drinking champagne.
那很优雅 躺在浴缸喝香槟
– But I couldn’t get the bottle open. – You couldn’t? There’s nothing to it.it just secret
– 但我却打不开瓶子 – 是吗?那很简单 只要懂秘诀就行
You think you could get it open?
你能把它打开吗?
I’m pretty sure I could.
我相信可以
I’ve got an idea. I’ll go up and get it.
我有个好主意 我上楼去把香槟拿来
It’s in the icebox with the potato chips and my underwear.
我把它和薯片及内衣 一起放在冰箱里
– Do you have champagne glasses? – I think so.
– 你有喝香槟的杯子吗?- 我想有吧
Good! We’ll have a wonderful time.
很好 我们会玩得很高兴的
The man says it’s very good champagne.
店员说那可是一瓶很好的香槟啊
– Shall I bring the potato chips too? – Sure,let’s shoot the works.
– 要把薯片一起拿来吗?- 当然 可用来送酒
Ok

Honorable mention in U.S. Camera.
美国摄影杂♥志♥最佳推荐照片
U. S. Camera.
美国摄影杂♥志♥
“News Events. Children and Animals. The Human Body.”
新项目 小孩和动物 人体漫游
Champagne glasses. Champagne glasses.
香槟杯…
Phone,phone. Where’s the phone?
电♥话♥ 电♥话♥在哪?
Hello? Who is it?
喂 是谁?
Oh,Helen. Well,this is a surprise!
海伦 真是个很大的惊喜
And a pleasant one. How are you?
我真的太高兴了 你好吗?
Sure,I’m all right. Why shouldn’t I be all right?
我当然没事 我怎会有事呢?
In what way do I sound funny? Everything is just fine.
我怎会听起来很奇怪呢?这里一切很安好
What’s your problem? Did I know Ricky forgot his paddle?
你有事吗?你问我知不知瑞奇忘了拿桨?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!