就没有其他方式可以帮你了吗?
Isn’t there any way I can help?
这就是一名传教士的
I mean, that’s the entire reason
首要义务 对吧?
why I became a missionary in the first place, right?
有件事你倒是可以帮我
There’s something you can do for me.
怎么? -没 我只是…
What? -Um, nothing I just…
我希望你明白我指的不是…
I hope you know I wasn’t talking about, um…
什么? -我不是…
What? -I’m not…
我的天 -对不起 我只是…
Oh, my God. -I’m… I’m sorry. I just…
不是 -第一次来你家时
No. -With what you were watching
你在看那些…
the first time I came in here, I just…
我对你没兴趣
I am not attracted to you.
相信我 我真的对你那方面不感兴趣
Please, you gotta believe me when I say I’m not attracted to you.
你还是小孩
You’re a fetus.
对不起
I’m sorry.
托马斯 请说实话
Thomas, tell me the truth.
你觉得我恶心吗?
You find me disgusting?

No.
我只是想帮你
I just want to help.
拜托 让我帮你
Please, just let me help.
谢谢 你帮了我大忙
Thank you. That’s very helpful.
发生了什么事… 抱歉
What happened to your… Sorry.
你朋友 丽兹 她说你男朋友
Your friend, Liz, she said that your boyfriend,
他以前去过新生会?
he used to go to New Life?
查理? -耶
Charlie? -Yeah.
我给你拿了这个
I got you this.
我四处问了一下…
I did some asking around, and…
他在这儿搞毛?
What the fuck is he doing here?
他是过来帮我的
He’s just helping me with something.
放轻松 丽兹
Take it easy, Liz.
好吧 你可以走了
Okay, well, you can go now.
丽兹
Liz.
回家!
Go home!
不好意思 -别管了
Sorry. I’m sorry. -Leave it.
我说 别管了!
I said, leave it!
丽兹 能消停下吗?
Liz, would you stop?
那这样 别走了 我们聊一下
Actually, stay. We’ll have a little chat.
这是啥?
What’s this?
你觉得像什么?
The fuck does it look like?
一个胖人轮椅
It’s a fat-guy wheelchair.
我♥干♥嘛要坐轮椅?
And why do I need a wheelchair?
我和一个医生聊过
I was talking to one of the ER doctors,
他说适量活动对你有益
He said moderate activity would be a good idea.
可以培养你的独♥立♥感
Sense of independence might help you out.
花了多少钱?
And what did you pay for this thing?
没花钱 这是几个月前给一个病人订的
Nothing. We ordered it for a patient a few months ago.
放那一直没用
It’s just been sitting around.
那病人怎么了?
What happened to the patient?
快试试吧
Just try it out.
求你了
Please.
哔 哔 哔
Beep. Beep. Beep.
可以坐了吗? -没问题
Can I sit? -I gotcha.
怎样? -很好 感觉还不错
Good? -Yeah, actually, this is really nice.

Yeah.
我给你腾些空间出来
Let me clear some space for you.
哈喽?
Hello?
看 不用手
Look, no hands.
谢谢 丽兹 太好用了
Thank you, Liz. This is great, so great.
瞧 我就说吧 -确实
See? I told you. -I know.
我该走了
I should go.
等我们聊了再走
Not until we have our little chat.
什么? -来吧
What? -Come on.
丽兹
Liz.
很快就好
Just gimme a minute with him.
你家是哪的?
Where are you from?
什么?
What?
你说你刚到这儿来
You said you’ve only been here for a little while.
你家是哪的?
Where you from?
爱荷华 一个叫滑铁卢的小镇?
Uh, Iowa. A town called Waterloo?
你在问我?
You asking me?
不 我来自滑铁卢
No. I’m from Waterloo.
好吧
Okay.
你全家都搬到这儿参加新生会了?
Your whole family move out here for New Life?
没有 就我自己
No, it’s just me.
我想在开学前做一些传教工作
I wanted to do some missionary work before school.
你家在爱荷华
You’re from Iowa,
却跑到爱达荷来传教?
and you came to Idaho to do missionary work?
你怎么不去非洲之类的地方?
Why aren’t you in Africa or something?
爱达荷和其他任何地方一样需要福音
Idaho needs the Word as much as anywhere else.
听着
Okay, listen.
我知道你觉得很好玩
I know this is fun for you.
你到处旅行
You get to travel around,
表现得好像比别人都优秀
act superior than everyone else,
最终 你回到家
and eventually, you go home,
找一份无聊的工作 生一堆孩子
get some boring job, have too many kids.
这是上帝的旨意
It’s God’s plan.
但 还有些其他类型的人
But there are other types of people.
像查理这类人
People like Charlie,
他们不适合这种生活
for whom this amazing plan doesn’t fit.
所以 离他远点
So, just stay away from him.
他现在不需要这个
He doesn’t need this right now.
我不认同
I disagree.
你说什么? -抱歉 我是说…
Excuse me? -Sorry, I just, uh…
他快死了
He’s dying.
他拒绝去医院
He’s refusing to go to the hospital.
他需要精神上的指引
What he needs is spiritual guidance.
你能给他指引?
And you’re gonna give him that?
不是我 是上帝
No. God will.
这样
I see.
我哥哥曾经在新生会做传教
My big brother did some missionary work for New Life.
去了南美
Went to South America.
哦 -耶
Oh. -Yeah.
我是家里的败家子
I was the black sheep.
从12岁起就拒绝去教堂
I refused to go to church ever since I was 12.
父亲认定我将一事无成 但
Dad knew I was a lost cause, but
我哥哥不同 他很喜欢新生会
not my brother, he loved New Life.
去那边几个月后 他给我写了一封信
He wrote me a letter a few months after he left,
说他很疲惫
told me he was tired,
很寂寞 但又不想回家
and lonely, but he didn’t want to come home
因为他不想结婚
because he didn’t want to get married.
他不想结婚?
He didn’t want to get married?
父亲把一切都安排好了
Dad had set it all up.
逼他娶一个
Pushed him into getting married
教会里他几乎不认识的女孩
to this girl from the church he barely knew.
当他回来时 他遇到了另一个人
But when he came back, he met someone else.
坠入爱河 开始了全新生活
Fell in love, started a whole new life.
然后
And
父亲把他从教堂和家族
Dad kicked him out of the church.
赶了出来
And the family.
我以为他会放下
I thought he was gonna be able to
宗教的那些东西
to get over all that religious stuff,
但宗教就像癌症一样
but it was like a cancer.
他根本甩不掉
He couldn’t shake it.
最终他垮掉了
He just caved in on himself,
不睡觉 不吃东西
stopped sleeping, stopped eating.
体重暴减
Lost a ton of weight.
一天晚上 他没回家
One night, he doesn’t come home.
几周后 有个人出去慢跑
Couple weeks later, this guy is out jogging
在刘易斯顿河边的自行车道上
on a bike path near the river in Lewiston,
他看到有个东西被冲上了岸
sees something washed up on shore,
最后发现那是艾伦
and that was Alan.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!