我讨厌土拨鼠
I hate prairie dogs.
那么 布奇和肉头
So, Butch and Meathead.
耶 它们看起来很强硬 对吧
Yeah. They look tough, all right.
没错 它们过去经常打猎,呃, 水牛
They are. They used to hunt, uh, b… buffaloes.
是的,大水牛,在平原上
Yeah, full-sized buffaloes, out on the plains.
哦,不会吧
Oh, you don’t say.
又来了
Here we go.
然后 还有闪电?你说它很快?
And… and Lightnin’? You said he’s quick?
它快吗?看
Is he quick? Watch.
闪电,去抓老鼠
Lightnin’, get the mouse.
呵!你看到了吗?
Huh! Did you see that?
他已经抓到了
He got one already.
哪儿?
Where?
它把它丢在场外了,这样就不会惹那位女士生气了
Oh, he left it out on the field, so it wouldn’t upset the lady.
哦,你一定是矮子
Aww, and you must be Shorty.
本特利 拜托
Bentley, please.
这太过份了
This is too much.
我妹妹说得对
My sister is right.
如果没有的敏锐观察力 你是不会像我一样
You don’t get as far as I have in the cut-throat world of the railroads
在铁路这个残酷的世界里 走得这么远的
without developing a keen eye for people.
我能看出你是个值得信赖的人,呃…
And I can tell you’re a trustworthy sort, Mr., uh…
– 你说你叫什么名字? – 我
– What did you say your name was? – Me?
我的名字,呃,是…
My name, uh, is, uh…
太阳花
Sunflower.
骡子 咦 蛤♥蟆♥
Mule… y… toad.
太阳花骡子蛤♥蟆♥
Sunflower Muleytoad.
是荷兰语,和苏格兰的
It’s Dutch. And Scottish.
好 那么 太阳花 你是个值得信赖的人
Well, then, Sunflower, you’re a trustworthy man,
我看得出来
I can see that.
但我需要知道你的猫能否胜任这项工作
But I need to know that your cats can do this job.
所以,我做了一个小小的测试项目
So, I’ve set up a little test.
下面是它的工作原理
Here’s how it works.
我要放了这些老鼠
I will set loose these mice.
骡子蛤♥蟆♥先生的猫会在障碍物周围追赶它们
Mr. Muleytoad’s cats will pursue them around the obstacles.
如果有老鼠能够到奶酪
If any mouse is able to reach the cheese,
那么 我恐怕 不会成交了
then I’m afraid, there’s no deal.
够公平
Fair enough.
各就各位
On your marks.
准备好!
Get set!
开始
Go!
布奇 肉头 抓住它们
Butch, Meathead. Go get ’em.
矮子 到你上了
Shorty, you’re up.
哇!你看到了吗?这些猫是玩真的
Wow. Did you see that? These cats are the real thing.
还没结束呢 本特利 看
It’s not over yet, Bentley. Look.
闪电 让我们完成这件事
Lightnin’, let’s finish this.
你被录用了 你可以睡在谷仓里,明天开始工作
You’re hired. You can bunk out in the barn and start tomorrow.
他们不该愚弄我们 对吧,杰瑞叔叔?
They should have never fooled with us. Right, uncle Jerry?
抓到你们了
Got you.
这是你的罪魁祸首,本森先生
There’s your culprits, Mr. Benson.
哦,它们看起来很邪恶
Oh, they look vicious.
哦,是的 可能有狂犬病
Oh, they are. Probably rabid too.
真的吗
Really?
本特利,它们只是老鼠 人畜无害的老鼠
Bentley, they’re just mice. Harmless mice.
请原谅,女士,但我见过所谓的
Begging your pardon, ma’am, but I’ve seen so-called
“无害动物”就像这里的这些
“harmless critters” just like these here,
毁灭了整个城镇
lay whole towns to waste.
听说过俄克拉荷马州繁华的大都会的大梅萨吗?
Ever heard of the bustling metropolis of Grand Mesa, Oklahoma?
-没有,我不能说我听说过 – 我的观点正是如此
– No, I can’t say that I have. – My point exactly.
那么,谢天谢地,你来这里帮助我们了
Well, then, thank goodness you showed up here to help us out.
告诉需要支付多少钱, 然后你就可以上路了
Tell me what we owe you and you can be on your way.
哦 我不能拿你的钱
Oh, I can’t take your money,
因为工作还没完成
because the job ain’t done.
-不是吧? -不,先生 这不是所有的老鼠
– It’s not? – No, sir. For every mouse you see,
你周围还隐藏着两三千多只
there’s two or three thousand more hiding all around you.
这就是“鼠山一角”这个成语的由来
That’s where they got the expression, “the tip of the miceberg.”
我和猫咪们,我们还有很多工作要做
Me and the cats, we got lots more work to do here.
嗯 我们要在路上走好几个星期,先让牛群休息一下,贝蒂
Hmm. We’ll be on the trail for weeks, getting the cattle dabbling, Betty.
我们可以让太阳花留在这里
We could have Sunflower stay here
在我们离开的时候 照看一下农场
and keep an eye on the ranch while we’re gone.

Who?
哦,我是说,当然 我听你的
Oh, I mean, sure. I’m your man.
我去处理这些
I’ll go take care of these ones.
你说的“处理它们”是什么意思?
Uh, what do you mean “take care of them”?
绝对不行!
Absolutely not!
你在城里怎么了本特利?
What came over you in the city, Bentley?
你不记得爷爷总是告诉我们什么吗?
Don’t you remember what Gramps always told us?
在这里,有足够的地方 让每个人都能找到一个家
Out here, there’s room enough for everyone to find a home.
我会带它们远离牧场
I’ll take them far away from the ranch.
但我们要放它们走
But we’re letting them go.
我收拾了一些东西
I packed up a few things.
你们的工具,一些衣服
Your tools, some clothes,
当然还有饼干
and biscuits, of course.
我很抱歉,孩子们
I’m so sorry, boys.
我哥哥…
My brother…
好吧,他会来的
Well, he’ll come around.
我知道
I know it.
与此同时,待在一起,注意安全
In the meantime, just stay close and stay safe.
如果你们惹上麻烦, 那就躲到土拨鼠的洞里去
If you get into trouble, you make for one of them prairie dog holes.
没有更安全的地方了
Ain’t no place safer.
我们以后会带你们回家的 我保证
We’ll get you back home. I promise.
如果我有吉他,我会给你们唱几首牛仔歌♥
I’d sing you all some cowboy songs if I had a guitar,
我知道怎么弹
and I knew how to play.
– 或唱 – 你知道哪些牛仔歌♥曲
– Or sing. – What cowboy songs do you know?
好吧,如果我知道什么牛仔歌♥,我会唱的
Okay, if I knew any cowboy songs, then I would sing them.
你知道吗,光听你的废话就很有趣了
You know, it’s almost as entertaining just hearing you explain.
那是什么?
What was that?
快跑
Run!
等一下 等一下
Wait a minute. Wait a minute.
我们非常安全
We’re perfectly safe.
它头上套了个笼子,那东西已经不可能伤害我们了
There’s no way that thing can hurt us, with that cage on his head.
你说得对
You’re right.
看看你
Look at you.
你现在觉得很尴尬,不是吗?
You’re feeling pretty embarrassed right now, aren’t ya?
安静下来 各位 安静下来
Settle down, everybody. Settle down.
经过长时间的研究,我们发现……
After many hours of studying the mysterious object
你们面前这个神秘物体
before you, we have discovered…
就是食物
it is food!
嗯 有股金属的味道
Mm. It’s got a metallic flavor to it.
这很可能是一种后天养成的品味
Most likely it’s an acquired taste.
那个 那个食物在里面
That… The food is on the inside.
天啊,你的常识哪去了
By golly, where’s your common sense?
问题是,我们要怎么打开这个东西
The problem is, how do we open the durned thing?
让大蒂姆来吧
Let Big Tim do it.
入侵者
Intruders!
你们是谁? 你们在这下面干什么
Who are you? What are you doing down here?
真好吃
It’s… good!
哦,谢谢 非常感谢
Oh, thank you. Thank you.
这是我妻子
This here’s my wife,
这是我女儿
and this is my daughter.
喂,你好
Well, hello!
大家好
Hey, y’all!
大家玩得开心吗?
Is everybody having a good time?
我们得感谢
Well, we got these fellers
这些家伙
to thank for that.
现在,让我们谈谈我们的小镇,我们称之为家的地方
Now, let’s talk about our town, the place we call home.
这里一直都很安静
It’s always been a peaceful place,
但是最近,我们丢失了一些东西…
but lately, we’ve been missing something…
一个真正的警长
A proper sheriff.
嗯,今晚,我想我们找到了一个!
Well, tonight, I think we found one!
– 我呼吁投票 – 我支持动议
– I call for a vote! – I second the motion.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!