提姆,这口可不好吃,算了吧
I haven’t been able to reach you for four hours.
四小时了我还没能联♥系♥上你
That is totally fucking unacceptable on a day like today.
简直无法接受
I had to run my team through the Goldman proposal.
我得让团队试试高盛的提议
It’s not gonna work.
你的办法不管用
You passed on Goldman without even talking to me?
你和高盛合作都不知会一下我?
I don’t need another trillion dollars on my balance sheet.
我可不想再负债数万亿
Next time I call, pick up.
下次我打的时候接电♥话♥
Fucker.
龟儿子
The problem is the toxic assets. Let’s just buy them.
问题是这些不良资产。咱们把它买♥♥下
Ooh. We’ll call it Cash for Trash.
呕,我们称它金坷垃
KASHKARI: When the market stabilizes, we’ll unload them.
卡什卡利:当市场稳定后,把它抛售
Hopefully, Treasury will get its money back.
财政部有希望拿回购买♥♥的钱
Is that in the Break the Glass plan? Basically.
也在破镜计划之中? 算是
My copy’s missing some pages. Could someone else show me the rest of…
我的副本丢了几页,谁能…
It’s succinct.
没什么可说的
We’ve got one shot with Congress.
我们得向国会解释清楚
You want them to write a piece of legislation based on three pages?
你觉得他们会写一张只有三页的立法文案?
DAN JESTER: Look, guys,
丹·杰斯特:听着,伙计们
buying toxic assets is gonna be a nightmare.
购买♥♥不良资产会让你噩梦缠身
Nobody knows what the stuff’s worth.
没人知道那东西值多少钱
It’ll take forever to untangle. These banks are going down now.
永远理不清楚。可银行就要完蛋了
So what do we do?
那该怎么办?
You wanna unfreeze credit, right? You want the banks to lend people money?
你想解冻信贷,对吧?银行能借给人钱?
So give them money to lend.
保尔森:那就是目标。 那就给他们钱
Capital injections?
资金输注?
Dan, come on.
丹,拜托
I can’t believe you’re pulling out the “N” word.
我不敢相信你说出这种字眼
I’m not saying nationalize the banks.
我不是指银行国有化
I’m saying isolate the ones that are really in trouble and make an investment.
我是说,让陷入困境的 银行分离出来,再进行投资
It’s unAmerican. It’s sure unRepublican.
太不美国了。 太不共和党了
You’d make the government a stockholder.
你让政♥府♥成为了股东
What, do we tell them how to manage themselves, what to buy and sell?
怎么,要我们来告诉他们怎样管理和买♥♥卖♥♥?
Run them like the post office? ‘Cause that works like a dream.
像邮局那样运营?挺“梦幻”的
We make it temporary. We make ourselves non-voting stockholders.
只是暂时的。政♥府♥本身是不具有投票权的股东
You can’t just hand the banks massive piles of cash.
你不能让银行光抱着一捆现金
Nobody’s gonna go for it.
没人会去
To the Republicans it’s nationalization. To the Democrats it’s a bailout.
对共和党来说是国有化。对民♥主♥党来说是财政救助
And the banks are gonna go ballistic.
银行会怒发冲冠的
Sorry, Dan, not gonna happen. Kudos for out-of-the-box thinking.
抱歉,丹,那不行。为了声誉着想
Neel, if we go with your plan to buy the assets,
尼尔,假如按你的计划买♥♥下资产
how much is it gonna cost?
会花多少钱?
It won’t work.
那不管用的
Look, the plan is three pages long, totally vague.
计划有三页长,含糊不清
If buying the assets doesn’t work, we’ll nationalize the banks for you, okay?
如果购买♥♥资产没效果,那就听你的国有化,行吗?
How much? To be safe, maybe a trillion.
多少? 稳妥考虑的话,大概一万亿
The Congress will never do a trillion, never.
国会不会通过的
There’s $11 trillion in residential mortgages.
十一万亿的住房♥抵押贷款
There’s three trillion in commercial mortgages. That’s 14 trillion, right?
三万亿商业抵押贷款。一共十四万亿,对吧?
You gotta figure about 5% default rate.
还得把大约5%的违约罚金比例算在内
5% of 14 trillion is
十四万亿的5%是
$700 billion.
七千亿美元
It’s better than a trillion.
还好没上万亿
PAULSON: The only way to get this done is to just scare them shitless.
保尔森:只有一个办法——把他们吓出屎来
That should be easy. I’m scared shitless myself.
那太容易了。我只怕我自己先吓失禁了
2008年9月18日
星期二
(民♥主♥党 – 马萨诸塞州)
巴尼·弗兰克
Troubled Asset Relief Program?
问题资产救助计划?
TARP, we’re calling it.
防水布(计划简称,再后面谈话会提到),我们叫它
This is your draft of the bill?
这是你们的草案?
Subject to revision, certainly.
需要修改,必须得
(民♥主♥党 – 康涅狄格州)
克里斯·多德
I’ve only got three pages here. Am I missing something?
我手里只有三张纸,是我拿丢了?
NO
不是
(共和党 – 阿♥拉♥巴马)
理查德·谢尔比
You’re just looking for a big blank check in a hurry.
你们在急着要求一张空头支票
It’s all for the banks. You don’t want a penny
都是为银行,要钱不是
for the average Joe that’s about to lose his house?
为那些即将逝去住房♥的普通人?
There’s not a scrap of oversight built into this,
没有一点提到你们的失责
not for the banks or for you, for that matter.
不是银行,不是你们,就那件事而言
You want us to simply hand over $700 billion and trust you?
你要我们直接交给你七千亿美元然后相信你?
How is it possible you didn’t see this coming?
怎么可能你们没预见事情的发生?
(民♥主♥党 – 加州)
南希·佩洛西
If you wanna rewind the tape, we can do that.
如果你们想倒带回顾一遍,可以
But right now, the one thing we don’t have is time.
可现在我们没时间了
We need an announcement tonight to calm the market.
我们需要一份申明来安稳市场
We need legislation next week.
下周就要立法通过
I spent my entire academic career
我用我整个学术生涯
studying the Great Depression.
研究经济大萧条
The Depression may have started because of a stock market crash,
由于股市的崩溃,大萧条或许已经来临了
but what hit the general economy was a disruption of credit,
但击溃整个经济的是信用的瓦解
average citizens unable to borrow money to do anything, to buy a home,
普通公民无法借钱做任何事,去买♥♥♥房♥♥
start a business, stock their shelves.
开展生意,在物架上摆货
Credit has the ability to build a modern economy,
信用有能力去构建现代的经济
but lack of credit has the power to destroy it, swiftly and absolutely.
但信用缺失会迅速毁灭掉一切
If we do not act boldly and immediately, we will replay the Depression of the 1930s,
如果我们不鼓起胆子马上行动的话,1930年的大萧条会重新上演
only this time it will be far, far worse.
只是这次会更严重
We don’t do this now, we won’t have an economy on Monday.
现在不做的话,周一就看不见经济二字了
Geithner.
盖特纳在线上
We took the proposal down to Congress.
我们带着提案去了国会
Are they gonna go for it?
通过了?
They didn’t like the fact that it was short.
太短了,他们不接受
I thought concise was a plus.
我还以为简洁能加分呢
They thought it was flimsy or arrogant or something.
他们觉得草案太薄弱,自大或者别的
I don’t know what they think. They couldn’t get past it.
我不晓得他们在想什么。不会通过的
The market’s in a death spiral. They’re gonna sink the bill
市场陷入了死循环。国会不肯通过
because the proposal is too fucking short?
因为提案太他妈短?
They’re working on it. They’re gonna make it longer,
还在研究。他们会拖得更久
among other things.
别提还有其他提案
Look, just tell me you got something.
告诉我你行动有用了
No. No, we’re nowhere.
不,毫无结果
Who’s left for Morgan Stanley?
摩根士丹利还有那些可以选的?
China Investment Corporation.
中国投资有限责任公♥司♥
Uh, maybe Mitsubishi.
三菱
No, the Japanese will never do this deal.
不,日本人不会做这笔生意
How about Goldman?
高盛如何?
Goldman’s looking at Wachovia, but they’re so fucked,
高盛盯着美联银行,可它糟透了
even John Mack turned up his nose.
就算是约翰·马克也拒绝它了
You gotta get that bill passed.
你得让那提案通过
I’m pushing. Well, push harder. Please.
我在催。 催得用力点
This isn’t working, Hank.
我这行不通,汉克
Hank?
汉克?
Could you excuse me a moment?
我能失陪一会儿吗?
雷曼破产六天后
2008年9月21日
Oh, my God. Gao, Gao.
我的妈呀。高,高
I am so sorry about this. There’s nothing we can do.
很遗憾。我们什么都没做
It’s New York, you know. We’re lucky we can still buy a beer at Yankee Stadium.
这是纽约,懂吗。我们能在洋基球场买♥♥啤酒喝挺幸运的
Don’t worry about it. I should quit anyway.
别担心,我会戒掉的
When you’re ready, we’ll be inside.
我们在里面等你
Is there any movement there?
有任何进展吗?
They made an extremely low opening offer. I pretended I didn’t hear it.
他们开了一个很低的价,我装作没听见
PAULSON: The markets can’t open Monday without a resolution of Morgan Stanley.
保尔森:摩根士丹利没得到解决的话,周一股市没法开市
We really need you to do a deal.
我们真的需要你做这个交易
You need to call Jamie. I called Jamie.
你得给杰米打电♥话♥。 我打了
He doesn’t want us. There’s too much overlap.
他不想。我们不合适
We’ve spoken to him. He’ll do it.
我们已经和他谈过了,他答应会的
For what, a dollar? Why would I do that?
为什么,一块钱?我为什么要和他合并?
I got China Investment and Mitsubishi kicking my tires.
我有了中国的投资,三菱也能帮我踢走烦忧
I know those guys. They’re not gonna close a deal in time.
我了解那些家伙,他们是不会达成交易的
We want you to call Jamie.
和杰米联♥系♥
Let me ask you a question.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!